This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To all who thought show quality is same or better than previously

Alright, now to all those people who think the show is getting better and better cna you write me a brief review on seasons 6-8, saying HOW they were good.

I am doing this mainly to see a ratio of good vs. bad opinion and if i should buy season 7 DVD.

For me, stargate is never bad, Its a Great show, my all time favourite. There has never been a bad Season for me. If your asking has the quality for Stargate dipped, I think it may have in Season 6 but not by much. This has nothing to do with Jonas joining, I love Jonas, nor does it have anything to do with daniel leaving, even though i love him to. I felt that S6 had i few more average Episodes than in the Years 2 - 5 That's all, though it had its great ones to.
    now to Season 7 - I thought it was As Good as it has always been. It's my third Favourite Season (for those of you wondering 5 and 4 were my Favourites). the only episode i didnt like much was Enemy Mine, But i didnt find that bad, just average., S7 had some of my alltime favourites to - Grace, Heroes and the Lost City, the one downer on S7 though is that jack wasnt around much, I never noticed him not around before, i did sometimes this year though.
    S8 - So far (10 Eps) - * Spoilers for 8.

I'm really liking jack as the general so far, i never thought i would but i am, I havent really notice jack gone, for me, S8 hasnt felt jack lite. New Order has gone into my Alltime Favourites List. So far i have enjoyed S8 more than S7 and as Much as S4 and S5.

Ultimately you have to make up your own mind, you will find alot of different opinions from the people here, some will say the Quality has fallen, some will say its the same or has improved. When it comes down to it the decision will be up to you.

Comment

THE BIG UNIT is right, it is a personal opinion. One good thing is that after seven years, we have richer characters, and a greater understanding of the galaxy (something as basic as knowing what naquadah is for example). We also can have deeper storylines that can become stronger through previous storylines.
      Rocky

Comment

It's not the same show as it was in early seasons - but what show is? Most shows evolve along with their characters and the worlds they portray or else they stagnate. It's no mystery that the shows which survive to their 9th seasons are the ones which grow with the years and reflect those years in the lives of our heroes.

So later seasons have a different flavour to them, but the core of what makes the show is still strongly there for me. The mix of action, team, character interaction and humour. Among others. Personally, I've enjoyed later seasons immensely and wouldn't say they're of lesser quality than any other.

But, as others have said, it's a bit of an impossible question to answer for you. It's all a matter of personal taste and really you can only decide for yourself if you enjoy later seasons or not by watching them.

Albion
        Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

As others have said, I think the quality is just as good as it was on S1, it's just changed themes over the years. This season with Jack becoming a general, SG-1 has stopped becoming the lead exploration team and has taken on a more advisor position within the SGC. And once again, thats' nothing something that happened overnight (or in one season), they have slowly become legends within those in the know on earth, and hence, it only makes sense that they would start to be treated as such.

Comment

You know I once wrote an entire article for somebody just like yourself on why the show was getting better. I wish I still had it around, I'm sure it's lost somewhere in one forum or another.

The Best Advice I think anybody can give you is if your really unsure about spending the money on season 7, is think about how you have enjoyed the past 6 seasons and want to find out what else has happened to the characters you know and love.

Visit Gateworld and read the reviews for the episodes, see if you think it would be worth the money. Personally I think Inauguration, Lost City Pt 1 & 2, alone would be worth 50 bucks for me.

But do yourself a favor and read the synposis of the episodes and then the reviews, and come to a conclusion and when you make the right one visit Amazon.com! LOL

Hope one of these posts have help you out in some way.

Ace
            "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

Season 6 is fine, breathed new life into the show. Seven 7 and 8 the writers seem to be lost and off message and refuse to do anything new. They should know that even if they start a new storyline and it truely is the last season then they can always do a TV movie.
              It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

im so sick of people complaining. really. yeah some episodes suck. wormhole extreme, space race. but i think any episode that furthers the overall storyline is good. enemy mine for example- now we have a source for naquadah. yeah it wasnt action packed, and its no lost city, but i still liked it. or people complain about evolution. the daniel side of the story wasnt as good as the super soldier side but it increased our knowledge of where the sarcafacous came from and of the ancients.

Season 8 is good. they appear to be keeping all the best for the end -gemini, threads, reckoning, its good to be king, and moebius. I didnt like the episodes that are so trust heavy but that doesnt mean they were bad. (personally, im sick of this story arc but thats me) I wont judge season 8 until I see all of it.

but damn, stop being so critical- we cant get a lost city or a full circle or fifth race EVERY episode.
                come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Rocket4477 and Albion hit it right on the mark: what makes the show so good is that it's unafraid to change and evolve, and that's what keeps it constantly interesting and avoid stagnating, and pretty much the reason ratings are still growing even as it goes into an upcoming season 9. And personally, the only season I ever disliked was season 5, but every season thereafter was an uphill climb; season 6 was certainly better, but season 7 I enjoyed more than 6, and the pattern seems to be continuing for the current season as well. I've enjoyed 9 of the 10 episodes that have aired so far, which is certainly a far better track record than season 7 had this time last year.

And as for David's comments, I simply cannot understand the whole "this show sucks, they should do a movie" attitude. If quality is really lacking, then a movie will surely not help as it'll just be another medium for such "poor" writing to occure; no, the only thing improved by a movie are special effects, and no ammount of special effects can compensate for the lack of a good story (*cough*spacerace*cough*matrixrevolutions*cough*). Getting a season 9 is much better, as that allows far more stories to be told in this universe than just a movie would, and still leaves possibly for a movie anyway, once the series has truly run its course.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

I love Stargate SG-1. I have since I first saw it.

It's just lately (from about season 7 to now) the show doesn't seem to be as good as it used to. Of course this is just me and I hardly ever know what I'm talking about

I think that the best seasons would have to be seasons 4 and 5. Season 3 is up there high on the list too. Season 6 too. There were alot of really good episodes in season 7 and so far in season 8, but it's just... it doesn't have the same 'umph' to me as it did back in seasons 4 and 5 (or if we were to compare it to season 1 of Angel which is just OMG GREAT! Sorry, I just finished watching it not long ago lol).

So... that's what I think. I'm basically just shuting up right now because it's almost 2 in the morning and I just forgot what I was gonna say when I started to say stuff about Angel lol...

*runs*

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I bought Session 7 DVD box only for one reason To see TLC

Great episode.
                      I dont like the other episodes very much
                      "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by veneticuss
                        I bought Session 7 DVD box only for one reason To see TLC

Great episode.
                        I dont like the other episodes very much
                        Couldn't you just buy the seperate DVD set from the UK haha?
                        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Originally posted by Elwe Singollo
                          Couldn't you just buy the seperate DVD set from the UK haha?
                          Actually not, because i want to have the comlete collection Anyway, i also want to sponsor them, cause i DL them. So once dvd is available i buy it.
                          "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Originally posted by keppiezbt
                            but damn, stop being so critical.
                            Um...*thinks a minute*... No.
                            I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Working...
                            X