This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the bare neceseties

I've seen up to ep 8 and I was wondering if they ever show us the eating area in Atlantis. I've only ever seen them eat MRE or offworld, along with some packed turkey sandwiches. Do we ever get to see say, the kitchen? I'd like to know what an Atlantis kitchen looks like. It could be interesting to have them figure out how to work it, and also toilets. Where do they shower? And beds, we see the ones on the infirmary. The Athosians have pillows and covers, did they bring those from Athos or are they Ancient. Surely the Ancients had beds...

I'm asking because maybe I either missed something, or these things appear or are mentioned in the later episodes. I'd really like to know.
    May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

From what I've read of upcoming episodes there is apparently a "mess hall" type of thing. They've shown the sleeping quarters and I had just assumed that they had brought sleeping paraphenelia with them, since they knew there was a good possiblity that they wouldn't be home for a while. And going under that same assumption I would think that they would have packed quite a bit of food and in the first Genii episode they were looking for more food. I would assume they have showers or the Ancient equivalent and have obviously packed their make-up and hair styling products and Teyla has brought along all of her midriff baring tops.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Shipperahoy is correct, there is a "Mess Hall" of sorts in an upcoming episode (I won't reveal which one if you don't want any more spoilers as it is)
      Enter my game site...

Comment

Originally posted by Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
        Do we ever get to see say, the kitchen? I'd like to know what an Atlantis kitchen looks like.

It's the Air Force, if there wasn't a good kitchen they would have made one up before doing almost anything. The Air Force is well known for taking their chow VERY VERY VERY seriously. And in the Air Force it is "dining facility" and not mess hall. Mess is what the jarheads eat!

(I was in the Army, we always snuck over to the Air Force base when we wanted a good meal!)

Comment

Originally posted by unowhoandwhy
          It's the Air Force, if there wasn't a good kitchen they would have made one up before doing almost anything. The Air Force is well known for taking their chow VERY VERY VERY seriously. And in the Air Force it is "dining facility" and not mess hall. Mess is what the jarheads eat!

(I was in the Army, we always snuck over to the Air Force base when we wanted a good meal!)
          Since it is mostly made up of sceincists, they would need a cafereria, better than any base food.

Comment

Originally posted by unowhoandwhy

Erm, it's called a Mess Hall in Atlantis, since it's a place to gather and talk, eat and possibly make personal announcements.
            Enter my game site...

Comment

Actually in the Marine Corps it is called a "Chow Hall". You are right about the Army's food not being so good but I have always found that the Navy had the best chow of all. I am sure they packed a feild kitchen with them because for the most part the expedition is made up of Marines and we bring one with us everywhere we go. On a side note the military doesnt even prepare its own food for the most part anymore it is all handled by private contractors, when I was in Iraq and Afghanistan the food was prepared by a private firm that is when we were not eating MRE's. This is my first post and I look foward to posting agian. Semper Fi, John

Comment

Are MRE's as bad as they seem?

I'm thinking of everyone being so surprised when Rodney said he liked MREs
                May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

To be honest I love MRE's, that being said I love the MRE's that I like. The vegaterian MRE's are not so great and I dont like the beef frankfurters aka(5 fingers of death) but for the most part MRE's are pretty good but they are just like anything else if you eat them enough for a long time you will get sick of them but I dont think I could ever get tired of MRE peanut butter and crackers those are the sh*t. Semper Fi, John

Comment

Working...
                  X