Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An idea for an SG-1 movie

I was thinking of an idea for another Stargate SG-1 movie the other day:

SG-1 is aboard the Odyssey and go through some sort of space anomaly (or something) and travel back in time 10 years to the very beginning of the Stargate Program. Now, to get back to the future, they need the help of the past SGC. Also, as Earth then is so primitive, they need to contact the Asgard and other Milky Way allies for help. During all of this, there could be a space battle with the Goa'uld and the Odyssey.

==Ending==
    In the end, they find out how to go back to the future. But, either the team from the future and everyone from the past doesn't remember the whole ordeal, or just the past doesn't as to not affect the timeline.

Or

It turns out that they didn't just travel back in time, but to a parallel universe. Because of this, the future that they came from and the timeline will still be preserved. They figure out a way to get back to their present (possibly by going through the same anomaly again)... and the movie ends

Anubis 10545 on Stargate Wiki - A database for all Stargate knowledge.

we don't need another time travel movie, especially after that last one

KEEP IT CLEAN
    Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
    Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

I actually like the idea - I like time travel episodes. It would need some work, but I think in theory it would be a good plot.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis10545 View Post

SG-1 is aboard the Odyssey and go through some sort of space anomaly (or something) and travel back in time 10 years to the very beginning of the Stargate Program. Now, to get back to the future, they need the help of the past SGC. Also, as Earth then is so primitive, they need to contact the Asgard and other Milky Way allies for help. During all of this, there could be a space battle with the Goa'uld and the Odyssey.

==Ending==
        In the end, they find out how to go back to the future. But, either the team from the future and everyone from the past doesn't remember the whole ordeal, or just the past doesn't as to not affect the timeline.

Or

It turns out that they didn't just travel back in time, but to a parallel universe. Because of this, the future that they came from and the timeline will still be preserved. They figure out a way to get back to their present (possibly by going through the same anomaly again)... and the movie ends
        You basically just described EVERY time travel episode ever. Needs more details before it's really an idea.
        "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
        - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

You couldn't do it without Don S Davis sorry.

Rest in Peace.
          The BC-304... Just Try And Stop Us Now!

sigpic

Comment

But it involves the "Odyssey" this time. So it's different. And we need help from ourselves... but in the PAST at the Very beginning of the Stargate program. That's never been done in Stargate before. In Continuum, the Stargate Program didn't exist yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby View Post

Rest in Peace.
              Indeed

Rest in peace Don
              Tst

Comment

Rest in Peace.
                Oh, wow... I forgot about that...

Comment

But it involves the "Odyssey" this time. So it's different. And we need help from ourselves... but in the PAST at the Very beginning of the Stargate program. That's never been done in Stargate before. In Continuum, the Stargate Program didn't exist yet.
                  still it's going to be basically the same ending with us reseting the timeline correctly and then nothing, so we are back to square one and so all that was just a waste of 1:30, just like the last movie.

KEEP IT CLEAN
                  Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                  Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Sorry, but after Continnuum I'm a little sick of time travel. Good idea but maybe wait a few years, or change the plot and turn it into a Universe episode (change to universe team, and change from Odyssey to Destany).
                    For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Rest in Peace.
                      Totally right! we can never do an episode or movie that involves going back to the start for that exact reason!

wait next idea.....

SG-1 is aboard the "insert name of ship here" and go through some sort of space anomaly (or something) and travel back in time 10 years to the very beginning of the Stargate Program. Now, to get back to the future, they need the help of the past SGC. Also, as Earth then is so primitive, they need to contact the Asgard and other Milky Way allies for help. During all of this, there could be a space battle with the Goa'uld and the "insert name of ship here".

totally fresh and new!

sigpic

Comment

The Stargate franchise needs to go forward and expand its viewers and fanbase. these alternate universe and time travel stories only make sense to fans.

The enxt projects need to be character based and not all shoot-em-up. They need compelling concepts and witty dialogue not retreading ten years ago skiffy.

Comment

==Ending==

Or

Hey dear its a great idea for another Stargate SG-1 movie...
                          I like it because I love these type movies...

Comment

It sounds great but honestly, I'm getting tired of this time-travel parallel universe thing. But it's something to imagine about though!

Comment

==Ending==

Or

Maybe they could travel to a parallel universe in which the Asgard are evil and the Ori are the good guys. SGC and all the SG teams in this universe serve as hosts for the Goa'uld so Jack O'Neill would be a Goa'uld. Our SG team would be helped by the replicators who are good guys and the Furlings who look like giant chickens.
                              Pretty cool, huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X