This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a fic - sound familiar?

Okay, I'm being driven nuts here trying to track down a fanfic I read fairly recently.

All that I remember is that Sam is missing and Jack is in her lab and he picks up a pot of wilting flowers (violets?) and asks them if they miss her too.

It may be the same story where we later get a snippet of him giving her the pot of flowers and saying he has no idea what colour they'll be when they bloom, when in reality he's gone to extra lengths to make sure they are her favourite colour?

Help! Desperate to read this one again and can't find it anywhere. Anyone recognise it and can put me out of my misery? Thanks!

Albion
    Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

sounds familiar, and i've read it, but i can't recall the title

sorry
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well, at least I know it's definitely out there.

I've been thinking and don't know if I'm helping or hindering here, but...

...I got to wondering if it might be the same fanfic as the one where Sam goes AWOL from the SGC and while in hiding is found by Maybourne, who persuades her to go undercover for him. Jack finds out and tracks Sam down and they investigate together (among other things ). They discover that the nightclub where Sam is working as a bar tender is being run by two Goa'ulds.

Course, could be mixing this up and that's a completely different story. But, no matter, because I'm kind of keen to track this one down again too, so if anyone recognises it....

Albion (who really hates XP's file search facility, which is about as useful as a chocolate teapot...)

Okay, after posting this I had an idea and used the main search facility instead. And found the first one. It's Gracie's The Hidden One, for anyone interested in reading it. Great story. And not the same as the one above after all.
      Last edited by Albion; 24 November 2004, 08:27 PM.
      Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
        ...I got to wondering if it might be the same fanfic as the one where Sam goes AWOL from the SGC and while in hiding is found by Maybourne, who persuades her to go undercover for him. Jack finds out and tracks Sam down and they investigate together (among other things ). They discover that the nightclub where Sam is working as a bar tender is being run by two Goa'ulds.
        Oh, I loved that fic! Don't suppose you know where I can find it?

Comment

Not unless some kind soul who knows answers this thread, I don't!

I'm still trying with the search facility though, so not giving up yet. If I do track it down, I'll be back. It's just a matter of trying to recall a unique (or relatively unique) word that will bring it up.

Albion

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

the second one is on fanfiction.net

i started to read it, then gave up. I get frustrated with fic in chapters and it just dragged on too long

it is a few months old, if that helps your search

sigpic

Comment

I hear you, Skydiver. I find the chapter system at ff.net too frustrating to read and never visit there. I did make an exception for a recent story where Sam is turned into a cat, because someone recommended it to me and it was simply hiliarious, but otherwise haven't been in there in years.

I must have found this one I'm still looking for on another site, because it definitely wasn't in chapters and was a whole file. So the author must have posted it elsewhere at some point.

Wouldn't you know it, been having an ongoing problem with my search facility today. Every time it starts seaching I get a system error and it closes down. Typical.

Ah well - I'll track down the little begger yet. <G>

Albion

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

The fic where Sam goes undercover is called Crisis but I can’t remember who wrote it! However I do have it archived at home so I will check and get back to you! Can’t remember if it’s the one with the violets, tho.

DON’T YOU SMILE AT ME LIKE THAT! THAT’S NOT EVEN A REAL SMILE! IT’S JUST A BUNCH OF TEETH PLAYING WITH MY MIND! Sig courtesy of AmberMoon… kneel before your God!

WWW.SUPERNANNY.US.COM. Log on. Or it’s the naughty chair for you.

Comment

PS… just saw one of your other posts looking for S/J recommendations: have you tried any by JackieO’NeillNut? They’re great: lots of angst, UST, RST and Jack-whumpage. My fave is ‘What Fate Decrees’.

DON’T YOU SMILE AT ME LIKE THAT! THAT’S NOT EVEN A REAL SMILE! IT’S JUST A BUNCH OF TEETH PLAYING WITH MY MIND! Sig courtesy of AmberMoon… kneel before your God!

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
                    I hear you, Skydiver. I find the chapter system at ff.net too frustrating to read and never visit there. <G>

Albion
                    part of it is the chapter system, the other part is that it's hard to find stories once the drop off the first page and there are also a lot of authors who start fic that never finish it.

because of that, i rarely read a WIP and only want to read finished fic.

sigpic

Comment

Katkin! Thank you - you're a sweetheart.

No need to go searching though - I have it saved from the last time I read it on my hd. It was just that I have...erm...quite a few SG fanfic saved on my hd and I had no clue which one it was. With the title though, I can find it easily. In fact - there it is. <g> Crisis by JoJo, for anyone else who's interested.

The violets story was a different one entirely. The Hidden One by Gracie.

And thanks for the recommendations. The author name sounds familiar, so I might have tracked her down. But if not, I'll defintely go looking.

Skydiver - LOL, tell me about it! I call it my bus theory. I try to stay away from reading stories until they're done - on the basis that if the author is run over by a bus halfway through a really hot story that I'm fascinated with I'd be devastated never to know how things turned out!

Thanks again, guys - owe you one!

Albion

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

You’re very welcome! I aim to please. And I know what you mean about having them filed: I have around 200 on my ibook! I even named my son Jack…

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          part of it is the chapter system, the other part is that it's hard to find stories once the drop off the first page and there are also a lot of authors who start fic that never finish it.

because of that, i rarely read a WIP and only want to read finished fic.
                          It really sucks when something isn’t finished! The one I keep going back to check on is Nessi’s ‘Surrender’ – what an epic but never completed!

Comment

Originally posted by Katkin
                            It really sucks when something isn’t finished! The one I keep going back to check on is Nessi’s ‘Surrender’ – what an epic but never completed!

yep. that one and Yuma's 'control' are legendary in the fact that they're going on 4-5 years old and are not, and i don't think ever will be finished

I know that ff.net is absolutely massive an needs to accomodate as many as possible, but i wish they had a better search/labeling system.

It's nearly impossible to find stuff

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X