Who was the mysterious programmer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who was the mysterious programmer?

Several times during Mitchell and Carter's confrontation with Merrick in the Asgard core room, they ask who the programmer of the crystal was, and afterward they seem to emphasize the point that while Merrick didn't program the crystal, someone did. They way they said it made it seem as if it was someone we were familiar with.

So, who do you think it is? I think it'd be funny if it were McKay, and is was totally inadvertent. Maybe the IOA tricked him into it. Or maybe Bill Lee.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Hmmm ... must go and watch AoT now to see this again. I'm sure I noticed it but didn't really give it that much attention. I don't think it was Bill Lee. If he did, he was tricked into it.

EDIT: I'd say it was somebody with the IOA. As far as I remember, none of them had any direct contact with the replicators. And they have a tendency to think the danger is exaggerated and think they are smarter than anybody at the SGC or anyone who has had direct contact with a danger like this. Merrick's attitude seems to support that notion, and he isn't smart enough (in my opinion) to have the ability to make a program like that. The IOA (or maybe even somebody at Area 51) has connections with enough genius level people who would be able to create something like that, but I can't think of anyone specifically.
    Last edited by hedwig; 17 December 2008, 09:43 AM.

Comment

The ominous and repeated way it was mentioned screamed 'future plot point!' to me, but I don't know if that's what the writers meant.
      Come on! Making Dr. Lee a bad guy would be completely unforeseen!
      I'd laugh if a Ba'al clone or a Goa'uld had a hand in it.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Ba'al/Goa'uld clone - good one! Or "Repli(somebody)".

Comment

Dr. Rush...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            Dr. Rush...
            Ooooo! Lol.

Carson: Muh tuttles!

Comment

Just a guess

Comment

That would make the him the Dr. Zachary Smith of Stargate: Lost in Universe?
                sigpic
                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I thought his point was that it was the IOA that was behind it all, and he was just their agent; as in "don't shoot the messenger."
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Dunno, seemed strange to be that they'd make such a big deal of it if that's all it was, I mean he'd already established that it was an IOA plan, didn't really need reinforcing IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganthet Jr. View Post
                      Several times during Mitchell and Carter's confrontation with Merrick in the Asgard core room, they ask who the programmer of the crystal was, and afterward they seem to emphasize the point that while Merrick didn't program the crystal, someone did. They way they said it made it seem as if it was someone we were familiar with.

So, who do you think it is? I think it'd be funny if it were McKay, and is was totally inadvertent. Maybe the IOA tricked him into it. Or maybe Bill Lee.
                      It was never mentioned but I have a feeling its going to come up again.
                      I would like to think it was someone like Dietrich von Lohengrin. since in Trinity Blood series he is often the mysterious programmer that others mention. like in the first chapter the German vampire terrorist inserted a disc to hijack the ship he mentioned vaguely that it was given to him by a programmer.

I just feel that this Stargate programmer is a similar character to Dietrich. part of a mysterious organization or just someone in the CIA.

Currie Graham did a fantastic job as Merrick! ^_^

Comment

Okay, I admit it....

It was me.
                        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

It will be one of the goa'uld that infiltrated the NID and thw Trust. Most likely solution anyways.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
                            Okay, I admit it....

It was me.
                            well i'll be damned

KEEP IT CLEAN
                            Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
                            Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig View Post
                              Okay, I admit it....

It was me.
                              mmm if that the case you have a higher then average IQ

Comment

Working...
                              X