This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What movies are you looking forward to in 2005

Ok, so it's almost the end of the year. As far as SF/F content goes, there really hasn't been all that much good stuff this year.

Hellboy and Spiderman were good, Riddick disappointed, as did Van Helsing.
    AVP, I, Robot and The Day after Tomorrow were all right, but hardly memorable.
    Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow failed to live up to it's promise, but we did get the delightfully different movie Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Ok, so it's time too look forward.

For me, the number one movie I'm waiting for is Batman Begins. Batman has always been my favorite superhero and, judging from the trailer, Chris Nolan is doing good work on it.

Other movies I wont be missing (in alphabetical order):

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - the latest was pretty good (I didn't like the first two) so I have some hope.
    Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, The - This COULD be good.
    Iron Man
    King Kong - Peter Jackson, need I say more?
    Serenity - Can't wait for this one
    Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith - I guess. I hope it doesn't suck
    War of the Worlds

Also, I'm really looking forward to Spaceballs 2, although that might not be out until 2006.

There is some non SF/F stuff I'm looking forward to as well, but that's another story.

Right now I'm just looking forward to "Goblet of Fire" and "King Kong".

As for RoTS??? I was so disappointed with the 2 previous Star Wars films that I'm just not excited about this one.

War of the Worlds. . hmmm. The original is a Sci-Fi classic. How dare they remake it!

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

War Of The Worlds
      Episode III
      Fantastic Four
      King Kong
      BATMAN BEGINS!!!!!!!

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

War of the Worlds
        King Kong
        Jurassic Park IV

Comment

Serenity !
          Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Goblet of Fire - it was my favourite of the books.

Comment

I only know Episode III and Serenity, so those are my movies
              sigpic
              In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Current Top Three:
                3) -Batman Begins
                2) -Jurassic Park IV
                1) -Star Wars Episode III
                There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

1. Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
                  2. Batman Begins
                  3. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
                  4. Fantastic Four
                  5. Jurassic Park IV (if it comes out, they havent even started production yet)
                  6. War of the Worlds
                  7. Serenity
                  8. SpaceBalls 2 (again if it comes out)

Comment

Of the ones listed, Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith is the only one on my must see list just because I have to know how this trilogy ends. I just hope Lucas does the franchise justice and goes out on a high note. (He’s not planning anymore after this one is he?)

Also another movie that is supposed to come out in 2005 is “A Sound of Thunder” based on Ray Bradbury’s story of the same name. The trailer looks halfway decent, but I’m sure the movie won’t be as good as Bradbury’s original story which I like.
                    IMO always implied.

Comment

Lucas was planning on putting out 7,8,9, but due to high fan hatred of such an idea, he decieded it wasn't the best option.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                        Lucas was planning on putting out 7,8,9, but due to high fan hatred of such an idea, he decieded it wasn't the best option.
                        No, actually. He dropped the entire idea for a "sequel" trilogy way back when he finished production of ROTJ. When he condensed the entire potential storyline for episodes 7-8-9 into one film. The main character of the entire Star Wars saga is Anakin Skywalker. Episodes 7-8-9 were originally going to be about Luke discovering his Jedi sister (not Leia), and their working together to defeat the Empire. The redemption of Vader, second Death Star, destruction of the Empire, and final showdown with Palpatine had originally been planned for it's climax in Episode 9. George Lucas decided that it would all fit much better into one movie. He made a few minor adjustments to achive this goal. He was right. 6 films. 1 saga. The End.
                        There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

There's gonna be a Spaceballs 2 movie? I had no idea. I guess it was to be expected with a second Star Wars trilogy. I just hope it's cleverer than the first movie. I'm so gonna watch it when it comes out.

Harry Potter is my number one. GoF wasn't nearly my favorite book but it should be interesting and if there is at least some Quidditch (are they keeping the World Cup on it?) then I'll be happy.

I'm looking forward to the Hitchiker, I read the book and it seems like a horribly difficult story to adapt to the big screen.

Star Wars, the other two disapointed but it should be better this time because the Real Darth Vader is on.

There's another Jurassic Park coming out? I had no idea. Where do you guys find ou these things? I'm totally disconected!

Other than that, I'll probably go watche every single SF or F movie that comes out, as usual. So long as it's those genres, I'm watching
                          May our transmatter beams cross again...

Proud Member of the Chevron Guy Club

"Out of that sea of stars came all the elements that make me what I am. "

Comment

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, King Kong (Peter Jackson and Jack Black!) Oh and Final Fantasy: Advent Children. Not sure when that's actually out though. Probably 2005 over in Europe

Comment

It's true that Jurassic Park IV isn't in production yet, but they are definately working on the second draft. Also it can potentially be fast tracked through production.

Comment

Working...
                              X