Could Genii build Naqahdah atomic bomb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could Genii build Naqahdah atomic bomb?

When the SGA team first met the Genii , they were trying to build their first atomic bomb, with problem of refining weapon grade uranium 235 from 238, without any C4 for the detonation trigger mechanism .

Contact with the SGA team gave them C4 ,Mckay gave them idea for refining uranium and some simple plans for the atomic bomb.Probaby save Genii years of R&D.

But their A-bomb are huge ,and Mckay has to fix their prototype .To create a delively device would still be a problem for them.not to mention their disregret in radiation safety ,many of their own people suffer from radiation sickness.

But it seems the Genii got some experience with it over the yr, their new leader Ladon Radim is a scientist , he secerty build his own nuclear bomb in a "Coup D'etat", to depose the former leader.

It is bad enough SGA accidentally help the Genii get the WMD capabilities,But Would it be hard for the Genii to build the Naqahdah atomic bomb?

Genii use uranium 235 like earth 60 yr ago ,but Earth doesn't have any Naqahdah back then, In Pegasus the Naqahdah is easier to find than on Earth ( Pegasus gate are made by the material),we saw some abandon secret Genii mines before .They could obtain some naqahdah .

we saw the trouble of Jonas's people when they discover Naqahdriah even with their primative technologies.

The Genii without deliverly device , they could be stupid enoguh to build bigger bomb, a little Naqahdah could enhance a nuclear bomb many many times, it would not be that difficult , we saw Cassie carried a little Naqahdah bomb in her body and it can explode if Naqahdah contact some reactive material.
    SGA team would not help them , they could blow themselve up or cause more problem for other people.
    Last edited by ckwongau; 15 December 2008, 09:37 PM.

I dont see why not. It would take a bit of R&D but I think that they could do it. But i dont see the Atlantis team helping them.

Comment

R&D? Pick some a handful amount of raw naqahdah, stuff a kiloton nuke with it, gigaton baby.

This weapon is pointless as now, because the Genii lack advanced delivery systems.
      Hell, even Daedalus can't make sure that her missiles are not intercepted.
      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

incorporating naquadah to increase the boom, doesn't take much effort at all. I'm not sure where'd they'd get the naquadah from but after you have it you can just shove it in any convient gap in the device.

After all, in the movie, Ra just got a wheelbarrow full of the stuff and plonked Jack's bomb on top of the pile.
        sigpic
        Banner By JME2

Comment

We don't actually know if the Pegasus Gates are made of Naquadah, or whether there is any of it in the Pegasus Galaxy or not.

And the Genii don't have ships, how do you suggested they harvest the gates?

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
            We don't actually know if the Pegasus Gates are made of Naquadah, or whether there is any of it in the Pegasus Galaxy or not.

And the Genii don't have ships, how do you suggested they harvest the gates?
            Actually we do, Zelenka mentioned it in The Lost Tribe. I remember because I nearly had a nerdgasm.
            All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
              Actually we do, Zelenka mentioned it in The Lost Tribe. I remember because I nearly had a nerdgasm.
              Oh?! I missed part of the Lost Tribe, damn. Was it about the exploding gates and all, I assume?

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
                Oh?! I missed part of the Lost Tribe, damn. Was it about the exploding gates and all, I assume?
                Yeah, they were going for a Redemption Part III if I may say.
                But that's about the only reference that naqahdah is present in Pegasus. We don't know if the stargates were built with naqahdah found in Pegasus, and as some of you know, there are reasons to believe that this may not be the case.

Therefore, we still lack evidence that naqahdah can be found naturally on some planets in Pegasus.
                The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
                  After all, in the movie, Ra just got a wheelbarrow full of the stuff and plonked Jack's bomb on top of the pile.
                  Doesn't take a genious.

Comment

Incorporating the Naquada/Naquadria is one thing butthe delivery method is something else entirely

The Genii lack the capabilities of protecting themselves from the radiation using basic atomic weapons they would most likely kill themsleves trying to incorporate naquada

Comment

To answer the original question

"Yes but how many Genii will die to acomplish this task?????"

Comment

Originally posted by jnadreth View Post
                        To answer the original question

"Yes but how many Genii will die to acomplish this task?????"

All of them on the planet where the work is being done

Comment

The naqahdah wouldn't increase the deaths due to radiation poisoning, it'll only increase the death toll if a nuke goes off. In fact because naqahdah is a very dense material that isn't radioactive it should come in handy as radiation shielding. It'll save a load of lives if they rap the bombs in naqahdah.

To be honest I didn't understand how the Genii could've worked out how to make a nuke without knowing about radiation safety, once you know what radiation is it is very easy to notice that a lump of metal will stop it. Why didn't they keep the bombs behind a metal door, that would've helped a lot, even covering it in paper would've cut down the radiation it's giving off.

Comment

Originally posted by Splitsecond View Post
                            The naqahdah wouldn't increase the deaths due to radiation poisoning, it'll only increase the death toll if a nuke goes off. In fact because naqahdah is a very dense material that isn't radioactive it should come in handy as radiation shielding. It'll save a load of lives if they rap the bombs in naqahdah.

To be honest I didn't understand how the Genii could've worked out how to make a nuke without knowing about radiation safety, once you know what radiation is it is very easy to notice that a lump of metal will stop it. Why didn't they keep the bombs behind a metal door, that would've helped a lot, even covering it in paper would've cut down the radiation it's giving off.
                            Probably for the same reason Jonas Quinn's people suffered from naquadria radiation poisoning : low budget and incompetent scientists that underestimated (on purpose?) the after-effects.
                            La vie est une tragédie - Tout le monde meurt à la fin.
                            L'Histoire est une comédie - Les gentils gagnent toujours à la fin.

Comment

The first question is how would they know that naqadah enhances nuclear explosions?

If they knew that, I could see them figuring out how to use it in that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X