Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
    And I so hope they will not kill of Rush, Eli, Young or TJ!
    So do I. But when done right, killing off someone can add so much to a story.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
      Pick one!
      All are great, but my vote goes to av #2. Did you make 'em?
      sigpic

Comment

Slightly off topic!

CONGRATS on 2000 posts! I think I have a long way to go before I can get an custom made Avatar.

And I so hope they will not kill of Rush, Eli, Young or TJ!
        Having a conversation elsewhere about something interesting they could do with Chloe. Wouldn't work with anyone else. But think Fred/Illyria if you've seen Angel.

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
          All are great, but my vote goes to av #2. Did you make 'em?
          Aha! Look left!

Yes, Photoshop is a useful thing.

Comment

Bravo, Ellie. It looks great!!
            sigpic

Comment

I was deeply saddened that Atlantis ended and SGU didn't sound appealing at all. But - no offense to SGA fans - after seeing a few new eps, SGA seemed simple and childish in comparison. That said, I have enjoyed all three SG series, but it reached a new level with Universe. The attention to detail and continuity makes me feel appreciated as a fan. This time speaking of personal opinion, not facts, of course.

Still a lot better than 4 months.
              I'm not picky but there are somethings I don't like so I didn't get into SGA and I have just gotten around watching season 9 and 10 of SG1. In the beginning, I was not planning to watch SGU but when I saw the cast I changed my mind

Made for my 7000th post, but came out so silly that it's better to be put in spoilers.

Congrats and I love it!!!!!

Okay, I found the perfect song for an SGU vid. Only problem is that I am utterly useless at vidding.
              I can give it a try, it will take me a while to make but give me the song and I'll try

unfortunately same here, I am only capable of making slide shows. But I am curious about the name of the song.

Apropos vid, found a cool one at youtube:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26T2OUy2RZI
              Nice vid!!

And everyone just sort of went, 'Oh, Carson's back.' Hello, the guy you knew died, okay? How did Michael transfer Carson's entire memories, eh?

Anyway, we're well off topic now. Thankfully, thus far, no great leaps of illogic in SGU.

Oh, and another thing: I'm over 2000 posts and no custom avatar available. I think the goal posts have been shifted again.
              Congrats on 2000!!

So do I. But when done right, killing off someone can add so much to a story.
              IMHO killing someone hurts the story
              sigpic
              Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                I can give it a try, it will take me a while to make but give me the song and I'll try
                I'll send you a link via PM.

Congrats on 2000!!
                Thank you! I can have an avatar now!

I think it depends. Killing Wash in Serenity served the story.

Comment

k, ellie I'll check my inbox

I was roaming around yt and I found a Rush vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgQsdBsYf6s

We need more Rush vids
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Sorry, had to go out. Will send now.

Horrible song on that vid.

And I've been demoted. Over 70 of my posts got removed.

Comment

Ouch!! That is unfair!!

(((Ellie)))
                      sigpic

Comment

Yep, it looks like the mods had a random hack and slash. I don't think I had 70 posts in the thread that got moved to off-topic. Oh, and I've picked up a trojan horse from one of the ads.

Comment

Oh Ellie, you are not having a good day! I'm sorry.
                          sigpic

Comment

Depends. Let's take "Heroes" for an example. I hate them for killing off Janet, but it still made a heartbreakingly sad story. I always cry, when I watch it. It moves me emotionally.

I was roaming around yt and I found a Rush vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgQsdBsYf6s
                            Whoa, that's awesome. Me luvs Rush videos. Thanks for sharing.

And I've been demoted. Over 70 of my posts got removed.
                            Have you asked mods about this? Shucks. At least you can still keep your surreal RC av.

In case anyone's interested, last night we watched first two parts of "Air". At first we were gonna watch only first part, because we started watching it about 1 a.m., but she wanted to see the second part, too. That's a good sign. She also laughed at funny Eli stuff.

Interesting, I've seen all eps for umpteen times, but last night the epic feel still gave me chills. *sigh*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
                              Oh Ellie, you are not having a good day! I'm sorry.
                              No, and I've found malware, too. The trojan looks like it's been vaulted but I can't get rid of the malware. It opens new tabs and when I try to get to websites with malware cleaners (other than the ones I have) it redirects them. I think the only way I'm going to get rid of it is to wipe clean my hard drive (money, money, money and my computer guy's on holiday, buggrit). The malware is in my Flash cache so it came down with an animated ad when GW opened.

Comment

Depends. Let's take "Heroes" for an example. I hate them for killing off Janet, but it still made a heartbreakingly sad story. I always cry, when I watch it. It moves me emotionally.
                                Me too. I hated them for doing it, but it was so well done that it would have been worse if they'd brought her back in some convoluted way later. Like Daniel.

In case anyone's interested, last night we watched first two parts of "Air". At first we were gonna watch only first part, because we started watching it about 1 a.m., but she wanted to see the second part, too. That's a good sign. She also laughed at funny Eli stuff.
                                Yay! Glad to hear she liked it - you now have a potential viewing buddy!

Interesting, I've seen all eps for umpteen times, but last night the epic feel still gave me chills. *sigh*
                                *nods enthusiastically*

No, and I've found malware, too. The trojan looks like it's been vaulted but I can't get rid of the malware. It opens new tabs and when I try to get to websites with malware cleaners (other than the ones I have) it redirects them. I think the only way I'm going to get rid of it is to wipe clean my hard drive (money, money, money and my computer guy's on holiday, buggrit). The malware is in my Flash cache so it came down with an animated ad when GW opened.
                                What browser do you use? I know it won't help solve the problem you have now, but using Firefox with the adblock add-on stops ads loading, so it might help in future.

*hugs you*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X