Robert Carlyle/Dr Nicholas Rush Thunk/Appreciation thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
    Made for my 7000th post, but came out so silly that it's better to be put in spoilers.
    Lovely!

Comment

Okay, I found the perfect song for an SGU vid. Only problem is that I am utterly useless at vidding.

Comment

Originally posted by EllieVee View Post
        Likewise! Glad I'm not the only person who thinks this. I have described the deux ex machina plots of SGA as 'cartoonish'. The constant whining from McKay and Sheppard shouting at him to fix things (which he does in the nick of time, of course) just got annoying. I'm afraid that SGA never reached the heights of latter season one for me. That and the lack of attention paid to Sheppard and I think after a while, Flanigan just played him as buffoon. There were only a few dark moments and that was really disappointing to me because Flanigan was really good at those and all the great moments were those moments.

Is that how long you have to wait?
        Bit late but may I join in! I was very pissed when they cancelled SGA! But when I saw the first few Episodes of Universe they get me hooked immediately. And as much as I would have liked to hate it because of the poor Atlantis treatment, I soon realised that it´s not the fault of the franchise itself with all the actors and writers, but more the decision of TPTB like MGM...
        And as much as I appreciate SG1 and SGA, I really hope that they wont repeat the same faults some of the episodes or seasons have. I was getting more and more annoyed with the Ori and the wraith. Every time the same story, getting a problem with the Wraith (or Ori), fix it as soon as possible, saving the day, getting home, consequences, none, (too much Action and far to less drama and character development)
        And I think I have said it before, always the same kind of "stupid" alien Vancouver village people. So SGU really is a breath of fresh air, and I like the dynamic between Rush/Young/Eli.
        I think may favourite characters on SG1 and SGA where McKay, O´Neill, Daniel, Ronon, Sheppard and Beckett (killing him of that way was STUPID!)
        sigpic

Comment

Okay, I found the perfect song for an SGU vid. Only problem is that I am utterly useless at vidding.
          unfortunately same here, I am only capable of making slide shows. But I am curious about the name of the song.

Apropos vid, found a cool one at youtube:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26T2OUy2RZI
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by myhelix View Post
            Bit late but may I join in! I was very pissed when they cancelled SGA! But when I saw the first few Episodes of Universe they get me hooked immediately. And as much as I would have liked to hate it because of the poor Atlantis treatment, I soon realised that it´s not the fault of the franchise itself with all the actors and writers, but more the decision of TPTB like MGM...
            And as much as I appreciate SG1 and SGA, I really hope that they wont repeat the same faults some of the episodes or seasons have. I was getting more and more annoyed with the Ori and the wraith. Every time the same story, getting a problem with the Wraith (or Ori), fix it as soon as possible, saving the day, getting home, consequences, none, (too much Action and far to less drama and character development)
            And I think I have said it before, always the same kind of "stupid" alien Vancouver village people. So SGU really is a breath of fresh air, and I like the dynamic between Rush/Young/Eli.
            I think may favourite characters on SG1 and SGA where McKay, O´Neill, Daniel, Ronon, Sheppard and Beckett (killing him of that way was STUPID!)
            Ah, the exploding tumour. How dumb was that!

Comment

unfortunately same here, I am only capable of making slide shows. But I am curious about the name of the song.

Apropos vid, found a cool one at youtube:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26T2OUy2RZI
              I'd like to see if I can get someone to take it on first. It's such a nice song and very apt.

Comment

Ah, the exploding tumour. How dumb was that!
                You say it!
                sigpic

Comment

You say it!
                  I was like, 'What? Just ... What?'

Comment

I was like, 'What? Just ... What?'
                    And the way they brought him back........ let´s say not a genius move either. Hi Mom, I am back and I am a clone but overall the same person you used to know.... ARRRRGGGGG

The SG franchise always had problems with killing people off and bringing them back!
                    sigpic

Comment

And the way they brought him back........ let´s say not a genius move either. Hi Mom, I am back and I am a clone but overall the same person you used to know.... ARRRRGGGGG

The SG franchise always had problems with killing people off and bringing them back!
                      And everyone just sort of went, 'Oh, Carson's back.' Hello, the guy you knew died, okay? How did Michael transfer Carson's entire memories, eh?

Anyway, we're well off topic now. Thankfully, thus far, no great leaps of illogic in SGU.

Oh, and another thing: I'm over 2000 posts and no custom avatar available. I think the goal posts have been shifted again.

Comment

Oh, and another thing: I'm over 2000 posts and no custom avatar available. I think the goal posts have been shifted again.
                        I was just about to ask you about that. Sometimes it takes a few posts over 2000. Should be available soon.
                        sigpic

Comment

I was just about to ask you about that. Sometimes it takes a few posts over 2000. Should be available soon.
                          I'll keep checking.

Comment

Have you picked out what av are you going to use?
                            sigpic

Comment

And everyone just sort of went, 'Oh, Carson's back.' Hello, the guy you knew died, okay? How did Michael transfer Carson's entire memories, eh?

Anyway, we're well off topic now. Thankfully, thus far, no great leaps of illogic in SGU.

Slightly off topic!

CONGRATS on 2000 posts! I think I have a long way to go before I can get an custom made Avatar.

And I so hope they will not kill of Rush, Eli, Young or TJ!
                              sigpic

Comment

Have you picked out what av are you going to use?
                                Pick one!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X