Cylon Query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cylon Query

We hear right from the beginning that the Cylons were created, rebelled, lost - got to stress the use of the word lost, maybe just gave up like the Ancients did against the Wraith, then just, calling a world for their own.

What happened to that world? I mean, they act so worried in 4x09 The Hub, when the Resurrection Hub was destroyed, but if they still had a planet, they could just build a new one, I mean why would the Colonists build the Cylons to resurrect? Also, why didn't we see Baltar go to this "planet" - if it even exists, when he left New Caprica with the Three and Six in S3. There must be more incidents when they could have refered to this planet, opr used it, that I can't remember. So why?

I think we saw their homeworld in 410
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
      I think we saw their homeworld in 410
      This.
      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

A ship isn't exactly an easy thing to build, they are at war and their resources are depleted. During the armistice they had millions of centaurions to help build the ships, now they are all fighting instead. As it was said, they are too far from the planet to be d/led so why wouldn't they be scared of dying? And whats to say that was the only one? maybe there is another resurrection ship, but it is with another cylon fleet? which is where the fifth cylon is

And I hate to steal a line from the Terminator, but there was two days they referenced as the end of humanity in that franchise. The first is Judgement Day, the day that robots become "self-aware", and the second is the day the robots figure out how to build more robots. I am assuming, but i doubt that cylons replicating themselves and evolving was part of their original programming.

Comment

My thought is that the hub & its Resurrection tech was found by the Cylons duing or just after the 1st Cylon Human war so the Cylons have learnt to use the Hub by building Resurrection Ships but have no idear how to build more Hubs thus the loss of the One & Only Hub makes good sense to me .

Oz-Gater

Comment

I don't think that's right at all - if they can build resurrection ships, surely they'd have some inclining as to how to build the hub. I'm more inclined to believe that here's a socio-political reason for just one hub. That or there's a technical reason.

It does need explaining though.
            Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

the writers messed up the hub

Comment

Originally posted by quade_1 View Post
                A ship isn't exactly an easy thing to build, they are at war and their resources are depleted. During the armistice they had millions of centaurions to help build the ships, now they are all fighting instead. As it was said, they are too far from the planet to be d/led so why wouldn't they be scared of dying? And whats to say that was the only one? maybe there is another resurrection ship, but it is with another cylon fleet? which is where the fifth cylon is

And I hate to steal a line from the Terminator, but there was two days they referenced as the end of humanity in that franchise. The first is Judgement Day, the day that robots become "self-aware", and the second is the day the robots figure out how to build more robots. I am assuming, but i doubt that cylons replicating themselves and evolving was part of their original programming.
                Actually you do bring up one interesting part to all of this. I do not know, yet, how it all relates with one another but early in the show there was the occassional reference to how the Cylons could not have made more of themselves. Only copies of copies of copies. Like there was a set number of programs, which they have been trying to correct of late with reproduction, and being fruitful.
                Extending this out though, maybe there was just one program hub. Like there are twelve cylons, the Raiders, and then the Centurions and hybrids.
                Who knows?

Comment

Working...
                X