Just taken the plunge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just taken the plunge

And FINALLY bought the complete box set after putting it off for years. It came down in price to £101 on Amazon and I convinced myself to actually push that 'Purchase' button this time!

Can't wait to get it although I won't watch it all at once, I shall have to intersperse it with unwatched seasons of Atlantis (2 - 5!) and Lost.
    sigpic

Congratulations on the purchase. I am sure you will enjoy it thoroughly. Does the set include the Peacekeeper Wars miniseries?
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It does. I've got that already though!
      sigpic

Comment

I wish I could see Season 1. It's the only one my sister's missing and I've seen so many references back to that season, that I almost feel like I'm missing the punchline of a very funny joke or something. Some people say it isn't important really, but I really want to at least see what everyone's talking about. I will someday, I guess.
        StarshineRoxie
        A woman that allows herself the balance of cool wisdom and strength of heart.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starshineRoxie View Post
          I wish I could see Season 1. It's the only one my sister's missing and I've seen so many references back to that season, that I almost feel like I'm missing the punchline of a very funny joke or something. Some people say it isn't important really, but I really want to at least see what everyone's talking about. I will someday, I guess.
          I think that those people who say seeing Season 1 isn't really important are very wrong. Season 1 helped to set up much of what would go on in all of Farscape. Definitely watch that season when you can. You won't regret it.
          sigpic
          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Yeah, you need Season 1.

NEED it!

Mousie, forget Lost and SGA, plow right through Farscape instead.

jk, it'd be hard to wait on SGA.

Comment

I probably will watch it before all the others simply because it is one of the best sci fi's out there. I have seen them before when the BBC originally aired them but that was a while ago.

The only one I remember not liking much was the wierd one whee they had to ascend the tower and there where tests I think? John Quixote?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
                And FINALLY bought the complete box set after putting it off for years. It came down in price to £101 on Amazon and I convinced myself to actually push that 'Purchase' button this time!

Can't wait to get it although I won't watch it all at once, I shall have to intersperse it with unwatched seasons of Atlantis (2 - 5!) and Lost.
                only £101!!! i've been waiting for farscape to come down a bit lower than that i never bought the x files box set until it was about that price and x files is twice as long as farscape!!
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                Quotes!
                - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                sigpic

Comment

I don't know if it will come down much less than that to be honest. It's only this year that it's come down from £90 for each individual season. I was going to buy it a couple of weeks ago when it was at about £105, then when I went to buy it a couple of days later it had jumped up to £224 before it came back down again. The individual series are about £33ish now, so the complete series was still a bit cheaper overall.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
                    I probably will watch it before all the others simply because it is one of the best sci fi's out there. I have seen them before when the BBC originally aired them but that was a while ago.

The only one I remember not liking much was the wierd one whee they had to ascend the tower and there where tests I think? John Quixote?
                    Let's be honest, a lot of Farscape could be described as "weird".

Seriously though, I actually really enjoyed "John Quixote". To each their own though, right.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      Let's be honest, a lot of Farscape could be described as "weird".

Seriously though, I actually really enjoyed "John Quixote". To each their own though, right.
                      I didn't like John Quixote the 1st time I watched it. For me that was an episode that took several times and watching with commentary from Ben before I liked it.

"Honey, the butler's dead"
                      sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                        I think that those people who say seeing Season 1 isn't really important are very wrong. Season 1 helped to set up much of what would go on in all of Farscape. Definitely watch that season when you can. You won't regret it.

Definitely. While most people probably don't consider it their favorite, it's season 1 that shows how Crichton became the man he did. He went from, basically, a yahoo out in space, naive and amazed at the wonder of it all, to the darker character. It shows the crew of Moya going from people stuck together to family. From him having a crush on Aeryn, to his obsessive love of her. Aeryn going from Peacekeeper drone to individual.

There is probably more character growth and explanation, as well as stories that formed a basis for the rest of the series (wormholes anyone) in the first season than any other. It's part of what makes them seem more real, more real family etc. It wasn't just some 1 episode and now we're all friends thing.

Plus, despite it having some of the lamest episodes, it also has some of the best. The season ending trilogy & of course A Human Reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                          I didn't like John Quixote the 1st time I watched it. For me that was an episode that took several times and watching with commentary from Ben before I liked it.

"Honey, the butler's dead"
                          That's what I was thinking, that on a second viewing it might get better.

As to the comments on S1, let's be honest, there aren't many show that in hindsight don't have a semi lame first season in comparison to the others. The characters are only just developing, they are seeing what they can get the actors to do.

From what I can remember I liked S1.
                          sigpic

Comment

I hated John Quixote the first time, and skipped it the second time through the series.

I really should check it out again one of these days, I think I am more open to the weirdness now. (plus I just read Ender's Game, and I sort of got the same vibe, so I want to know if I'm imagining it)

Comment

I've never like John Quixote either, except the ending where there's the surprise appearance by someone.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X