This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TERMINATOR 5 begins development with McG

Halycon and Warner Bros. are said to be so pleased with the work McG has done on the upcoming TERMINATOR SALVATION that work has already begun on a fifth movie in the franchise.

McG is currently working very closely with the studio in letting them know the direction he thinks the next movie should take. The plan we heard in 2006 was that TERMINATOR SALVATION would be the first of a trilogy featuring Christian Bale as John Connor.

Victor Kubicek, one half of the Halycon Co. toppers said…

“We feel the time is now to start shaping the next part of this,”

The announcement was made at the Dubai International Film Festival where it was hinted that the Middle East could be used as a shooting location.

TERMINATOR SALVATION opens 22nd May 2009 in the U.S. and June 5th in the U.K.

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/movi...t-with-mcg.php

Cant we wait to see #4 before they start #5?
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Originally posted by stargatefan234 View Post
      Cant we wait to see #4 before they start #5?
      Not in todays industry.

I'm actually happy at this news, I can already tell Salvation is going to do very well. Bale being in it is almost a guarantee. Although i'm not sure if he can do both batman and Terminator 5 around the same time, it might be put off for another year or so.

Comment

I also think that Terminator Salvation will do amazingly well. And I think it will turn out to be a great film too. So them starting work on Terminator 5 really excites me. Christian Bale as John Connor is going to be so awesome.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

McG on Prepping Terminator 5

Although McG says his focus is very much on 20,000 Leagues at the moment, he reveals that he’s also prepping Terminator 5. With such a complex world to manage in the Terminator franchise, I’d say McG is wise to at least have the next installment in mind, even if it’s still a ways off.

McG talked about his intention for the Terminator franchise, speaking about whether or not he wants to take a break from it or dive back in, as Michael Bay did with Transformers 2. He says he’s excited about the next part of the series’ story, and talks about a possible angle for it that could see it getting, “out of the apocalyptic world and into the contemporary world.”

One great thing to hear is that McG is listening to what fans have been saying (good and bad) about Terminator Salvation, and reassures us he takes it on board. He admits that when people don’t like something you’ve done, all you can do is look at what you did wrong (and, indeed, what you did right) and try and evolve as a storyteller.

Although I don’t think McG should allow fans to completely shape his vision for the next Terminator, he should pay at least some attention to those who ultimately buy the tickets to see the movies.

continues:
          http://screenrant.com/mcg-20000-leag...-5-ross-20666/

Comment

Man, I am just happy it appears we will still be getting a 5th movie.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              Man, I am just happy it appears we will still be getting a 5th movie.
              I'm not, I've read the basic premise of the fifth movie. It's bad, really bad
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                I'm not, I've read the basic premise of the fifth movie. It's bad, really bad
                Please tell?

Anyways, I hope they learn from the mistakes of the 4th film.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                  Please tell?

Personally, I thought there was more good than bad in Salvation. But, that is just my opinion.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    Personally, I thought there was more good than bad in Salvation. But, that is just my opinion.
                    Oh, I was only talking about the little minor stuff.

Like having computers around that humans could use... when machines don't need the external device. Just little mistakes that could drive a person crazy if you think about it to much, maybe even ruin the movie for others.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                      Please tell?

http://www.petitiononline.com/termina5/petition.html

they want to to change the time-travel technology, so you will be able to taky any weapon you need from the future to the past. It's idiotic idea
                      Stolen Kosovo
                      sigpic

Comment

McG: 'T5 will be a better film'

McG has revealed that he wants his follow-up to Terminator Salvation to be a "better film".

The director claimed that he did "a lot of things right... and we did many things wrong" in the latest instalment of the sci-fi franchise, revealing that eliminating the time travel element from the previous pictures was a mistake.

"And we can't wait to get back at it and show the world what becomes of that war and how we master time travel, because we stayed away from time travel in Salvation and I missed it," he told IGN." I think the next movie is going to be even more exciting and a better film."

The 41-year-old previously said that the proposed sequel could be set in the present, while he gave out more details on the plotline.

He added: "It's very, very likely that John Connor is going to end up running through rooms like this where he knows something that none of us know. And I think that is a platform for great storytelling. It will be more of a chase movie with a new Terminator that is on your ass."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...tter-film.html

Comment

No matter what, I will give this 5th movie a shot. I love the Terminator franchise.
                          sigpic
                          "...phu...ah..."

Comment

dude i loved salvation,it wasnt perfect but it was still a worthy follow up to the other 3 movies.so wehn 5 comes out...ill be there to see it fore sure.

Comment

McG reminds me Uwe Boll
                              Stolen Kosovo
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X