This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Casting Ideas for Universe

I have seen threads for single actors now I just thought we could have one thread for all of our ideas. Any actor or actress you would work on Stargate universe post here.

My thoughts are Nathan Fillion and almost any past Stargate franchise actors and actresses

Nathan Fillion or Skeet Ulrich would be great leader characters.
    Jamie Bamber as second in command or Kavan Smith back as Major Lorne
    David Hewlett as Rodney McKay
    Alan Tudyk as the doctor
    Rachael Leigh Cook or Jennifer Morrison as an alien archaeologist/scientist
    Jack: Good morning campers!

The Answer To 1984 Is 1776!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacka View Post
      I have seen threads for single actors now I just thought we could have one thread for all of our ideas. Any actor or actress you would work on Stargate universe post here.

My thoughts are Nathan Fillion and almost any past Stargate franchise actors and actresses
      These actually a thread here:-
      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=58036

Comment

Adam Baldwin

Comment

I think maj.Lorne going across would be great - but not sure if he could be lead in a show. And Zelenka as the scientist could go across. Vala Mal doran would be good to see again. They will need to cast a really strong lead man and woman - How about voyagers jeri ryan? or kate mulgrew?
          or/ Hayden Christensen mmmmmmm. Definatley need someone that could rival teal'c and ronon mmmmmmmmmm and preferably in leather.
          sigpic

Comment

Conner Trineer. (spelling)
            BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

Originally posted by carrollwoman View Post
              kate mulgrew?
              Worst Actress Ever! Thats probably a bit harsh, Janeway was was such an awful character that no actress could have made her look good. She wasn't a strong leader, they just kept saying that she was, so the audience believed she was even though she never proved it. She kept on becoming obsessed with something or another that she would risk everyone's lives just to satisfy her pride. Chakotay was really in command of the ship - he would allow her to make day-to-day decisions until she goes mad over something then he reigned her in. She only ruled because he allowed her to rule.

And by popular demand Brad Wright announces that they will bring together the entire firefly cast? I love the show, but come on!

And regarding Mjr Lorne - he is a good character, as a secondary character. I think he is too baby faced to take a lead role.
              I don't mean to sound like a nerdy fan who talks about science-fiction like it is real, but the problem with 'clever' storylines is that they make the audience start to think, and if you put in bad science, they are more likely to notice it. It breaks the suspension of disbelief

Comment

If they want young and edgy how about Emma Watson
                You can't get much younger then that at the moment...and known.
                *runs*

Comment

Please no Voyager actors (unless its Robert Picardo) or the Universe/Voyager comparissons will never end, at least until the series actually airs. And I don't think it would work if they cast a known actor who already has a strong recurring role in an SG series like Connor, since he's already very recognizable and remembered as a character (unless Michael somehow turns good, which I think there's a better chance of hell freezing over). If they do have to bring anybody whose already recognized on Stargate, I would definitely put my vote on Michelle Morgan, who has already stated that she'd love to return to Stargate.
                  That is just my two cents.

Comment

Nathan Fillion as the leader, Erin Chambers as the scientific officier.

Kevin Durand (Mr.Keamy in Lost) would be awesome too. He could play a role ala Teal'c or Ronon. The "strong" guy on the team.

Comment

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...rgate_un.shtml
                      The producers are reportedly looking to cast a known actor for one of the leading roles
                      Highly possible the known actor will be the leader(or should I say the captain).

Comment

Basically they have to find actors from Vancouver, who are free and available for years. So my guesses:

Lucy Lawless (from Xena and BSG)
                        Jamie Bamber (from BSG)
                        Jason Wiles or Tia Taxeda (from Third Watch)
                        Grace Park (from BSG ; she could reprise Lt. Satterfield again)
                        Goran Vishjic (from ER) - he mentioned he would like to be in an SG episode, but I think he became expensive and very busy

If they want to cross-over somebody from earlier SG series than they should change from them:
                        - Lorne
                        - Zelenka
                        - Vala
                        - host of Baal
                        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          Jamie Bamber (from BSG)
                          Bamber joined cast of Law & Order: London, with Freema Ageyman (Martha Jones - Doctor Who)

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                          Goran Vishjic (from ER) - he mentioned he would like to be in an SG episode, but I think he became expensive and very busy)
                          Excellent idea, beacuse he is a fan.

I am also from Croatia, like Goran.

-------

I would also add Scott Bakula (Jonathan Archer - Enterprise) to the list. Sadly, he joined cast of Men of Certain Age, with Ray Romano.

Finally, I think that would be great to see Joe Flanigan and David Hewlett in the SG:U.

Comment

Scott Bakula!!! Nathan Fillion!!! Michael Chiklis!!! Bruce Boxleitner!!!

any one of those.
                            There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

David Hewlett as Rodney McKay.

Comment

Working...
                              X