Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was that a Firefly reference?

or was I reading too much into it?

I'm referring to the bit where Keller and Rodney said "Hey you" too each other. It's what Inara and Kaylee said to each other in the first episode of Firefly.
    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

I was thinking it was just a lovey-dovey thing - but i suppose it might be possible, we know many of the 'staff' like Firefly

Comment

I don't know if it was a direct reference. I've used "Hey, you" in the exact same context many times.
      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Definitely reading into it too much.

Comment

I never watched that show, but that sounds interesting. I always loved looking for subtle hints at other shows.

I saw many Farscape refrences in Season 10 of SG-1 when there probably were none intended.
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
            I never watched that show, but that sounds interesting. I always loved looking for subtle hints at other shows.

I saw many Farscape refrences in Season 10 of SG-1 when there probably were none intended.
            no in 200 it was ment

anyway, probably, because of Jewel.

sigpic
            Sig made by squirrely1
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
            *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

if the writers r fans of firefly (which thy most probably r! i know i am!) then the reference was probably subconcious.

i think wat the writters were mainly going 4 is tat since much time has passed since the 2 of them got together nd we havnt seen ne thing since thy did; they r trying to signifie that much time has passed and thy r getting very close eg. saying the same thing at same time.

Comment

You probably thought of Firefly because Jewel uses the exact same tone of voice as she did when she said it as Kaylee to Inara. I did anyway... but I prefer that scene over this one any day of the week.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                X