This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

James Spader

Wouldnt it be cool if the original Daneil Jackson actor appeared on Sg1 as a new character?

James Spader is now the lead character on The Practice
    The Egyptian Cat God .

I always thought it would be neat to have the actors from the movie play their roles on an episode of Stargate. It would be very memorable, and of course Carter and Teal'c would still need to be played by Tapping and Judge, but I'm not sure if Stargate Productions would want to shell out the dough to pay for those boys. Still cool to think about, though.

Comment

I think Ra should come back some how.

Be cool if they made the Movie one a alternate demension so thats why they look different and you can have James spader and Micheal Shanks appear together playing the same character ,Except James Spader is Daneil Jackson in a alternate Universe who came through using the Mirror.
      The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

Originally posted by David
        I always thought it would be neat to have the actors from the movie play their roles on an episode of Stargate... but I'm not sure if Stargate Productions would want to shell out the dough to pay for those boys. Still cool to think about, though.

Could be an AU episode played with tounge firmly in cheek. And maybe the guys would do it for scale. If it were me, I would. (Just ask me...)
        "You cannot reason with your own heart;
        it has it's own laws and beats about things
        which the intellect scorns."
        - Mark Twain -

Comment

Yeah... I'd definitely like to see Spader and Russell on an episode of SG-1... that'd be extremely cool, no matter who they played... also, it'd be interesting (although probably a waste of money) to re-do the whole movie with RDA and Shanks... or maybe just some flashbacks for the final clip show (if there is one in season 8)... the closest we get to seeing them in the movie right now is in the comic books (which I highly recommend, although not for that reason... it's only a quick flashback...).
          Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

Who was it that played Kawalski in the film? I have a vague idea it was someone significant...
            Oh honey. You say potato, I say vodka!

http://neuralgianostalgia.blogspot.com/

Comment

That dude who played on third rock from the son.
              The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

I thought that the "dude from 3rd Rock From the Sun" played Ferreti?

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

I figured it was him , but I guess not.
                  The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

Hey I'm not positive either, that's why I put a question mark on the end. I haven't watched the movie for a while.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

yeah french stewart (3rd rock) played ferretti in the movie. i think i like the show ferritti better >.< it would be intersting to see how russel and spader would re-portray their roles after the current o'neill and jackson already ahve such a fan base...hmmm....
                      My flickr photography.

Comment

Personally, I'm hoping, if Atlantis continues the success of the Stargate franchise, that the original movie creators will bring back the original actors and make the originally planned sequels with a note that it has nothing at all to do with show continuity.
                        Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

I don't think I'd like that... if they're going to make a movie at this point, I'd rather they make it about SG-1/SGC.
                          ~BCM =)

Open Source Initiative (OSI)
                          The GIMP - GNU Image Manipulation Program

Comment

Originally posted by bcmilco
                            I don't think I'd like that... if they're going to make a movie at this point, I'd rather they make it about SG-1/SGC.
                            I wouldn't like it either. The movie was great, but the current cast has made stargate so popular it would be anti-climatic to bring back any of the original movie folks now.

It worked for Skaaraand Kasuf because they were brought in from the beginning. Droping old folks in now would just screw the continuity. All except the movie Sha're.... You can drop her in there anytime! she was a real looker... got my Asgard blood boiling!

Comment

Originally posted by Spaceminx
                              Who was it that played Kawalski in the film? I have a vague idea it was someone significant...
                              John Diehl played Kawalsky in the movie. H'es been in other movies such as Con Air, Pearl Harbour and Jurassic Park 3 to name, but a few. I'll confirm French Stewart played the best damn ferretti. brent Stait's was just pants. Ferretti in the movie was such a doomsayer

I'd also love to see Kurt Russell play the role of Jack O'Neill for one episode. I think he could pull of a sarcastic Jack O'Neill as well as RDA does. A lot of people watch Stargate and just think, no he couldn't, but watch any of his other movies and you'll see how he could (Big Trouble in Little China, Tango and Cash, Overboard, Vanilla Sky). He can do the comedy thing just as well as the serious acting.

Spader, I doubt he would guest role. Apparantly, from what I heard, he did not enjoy the finished movie. No bad blood between Russell and the show. Russell Visited the set of Stargate SG-1 three or four years ago when he was in the next studio lot filming that Las vegas movie.

FOGHORN FILMS PRESENTS...

To watch Darkness, a non stargate related short film
                              from the creators of The Bringer of War, Please Click here

Click here to join the Official "Bringer of War" MySpace

Comment

Working...
                              X