PDA

View Full Version : Reeves: 'I wanted to play Wolverine'

Madwelshboy
December 12th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Keanu Reeves has revealed that he would love to have taken on the role of comic book character Wolverine.

The actor, who played Vertigo Comics' hero Constantine in a movie adaptation, admitted that he was jealous when the part of the X-Men character went to Hugh Jackman.

"I had a little actor envy when Hugh Jackman got to play Wolverine and I didn't. The claws are cool and I liked his fortitude and honour," he told Metro.

Reeves also revealed that he has been a fan of superhero stories throughout his life, saying: "As a kid I loved comic books. I started at summer camp reading Richie Rich and Archie.

"Later I got into [writer] Frank Miller and loved The Dark Knight Returns and Alan Moore's Watchmen. Then I became interested in Japanese anime."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a138216/reeves-i-wanted-to-play-wolverine.html

December 12th, 2008, 01:33 AM
he'd be an awful wolverine, he'd be a better batman. i can sort of see him as jon osterman in watchmen, he has the right sort of apathy

Agent_Dark
December 12th, 2008, 02:34 AM
woah

Insipid
December 12th, 2008, 06:08 AM
"Whoa bub, I have claws. Excellent."

Exiled Master
December 13th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Keanu Reeves has revealed that he would love to have taken on the role of comic book character Wolverine.

*facepalms*

the fifth man
December 13th, 2008, 06:37 PM
I like Keanu Reeves, don't get me wrong. But as Wolverine? I just don't think so. Hugh Jackman was an excellent choice IMO.

Wolf O'Donnell
December 13th, 2008, 06:40 PM
Yeah.. and i think i would make a perfect Storm.

Archaeis
December 14th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Why would he have made a statement like that now, since they've had a continuous wolverine actor since 2000?

the fifth man
December 14th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Why would he have made a statement like that now, since they've had a continuous wolverine actor since 2000?

Your guess is as good as mine.

December 15th, 2008, 04:38 AM

not everything that leaves the mouth of a celebrity is a carefully orchestrated statement for a specific purpose, perhaps it just came up in an interview, and he was being honest.

nx01a
December 16th, 2008, 09:27 AM
He ruined Constantine. He helped ruin the remake of The Day The Earth Stood Stll. Don't let him near anything else even remotely sci-fi. Stick to helpnig ruin Sandra Bullock romantic comedies.

s09119
December 16th, 2008, 02:30 PM
He ruined Constantine. He helped ruin the remake of The Day The Earth Stood Stll. Don't let him near anything else even remotely sci-fi. Stick to helpnig ruin Sandra Bullock romantic comedies.

I actually thought Reeves was the only good part of the "The Day The Earth Stood Still" remake...

Admiral Mappalazarou
December 16th, 2008, 03:14 PM
To play Wolverine you need to be able to act.

jenks
December 16th, 2008, 06:56 PM

The Matrix was one of the best sci-fi films of our time.

December 17th, 2008, 02:57 AM
The Matrix was one of the best sci-fi films of our time.

i agree, and i quite enjoy johnny mnemonic, but keanu has to play that kind of role.

nx01a
December 17th, 2008, 09:39 AM
The Matrix was good in spite of him. ;)
Johnny Mneumonic was a hoot. That dolphin. :P