Reeves: 'I wanted to play Wolverine'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reeves: 'I wanted to play Wolverine'

Keanu Reeves has revealed that he would love to have taken on the role of comic book character Wolverine.

The actor, who played Vertigo Comics' hero Constantine in a movie adaptation, admitted that he was jealous when the part of the X-Men character went to Hugh Jackman.

"I had a little actor envy when Hugh Jackman got to play Wolverine and I didn't. The claws are cool and I liked his fortitude and honour," he told Metro.

Reeves also revealed that he has been a fan of superhero stories throughout his life, saying: "As a kid I loved comic books. I started at summer camp reading Richie Rich and Archie.

"Later I got into [writer] Frank Miller and loved The Dark Knight Returns and Alan Moore's Watchmen. Then I became interested in Japanese anime."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a...wolverine.html

he'd be an awful wolverine, he'd be a better batman. i can sort of see him as jon osterman in watchmen, he has the right sort of apathy
    Spoiler:
    Disclaimer:
    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
    Quotes!
    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
    sigpic

Comment

woah

Comment

"Whoa bub, I have claws. Excellent."
        I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
          Keanu Reeves has revealed that he would love to have taken on the role of comic book character Wolverine.
          *facepalms*
          Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
          The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
          I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
          A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
          That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
          Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
          Caboose: They could be worse?
          Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

I like Keanu Reeves, don't get me wrong. But as Wolverine? I just don't think so. Hugh Jackman was an excellent choice IMO.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Yeah.. and i think i would make a perfect Storm.

Comment

Why would he have made a statement like that now, since they've had a continuous wolverine actor since 2000?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
                  Why would he have made a statement like that now, since they've had a continuous wolverine actor since 2000?
                  Your guess is as good as mine.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
                    not everything that leaves the mouth of a celebrity is a carefully orchestrated statement for a specific purpose, perhaps it just came up in an interview, and he was being honest.
                    Spoiler:
                    Disclaimer:
                    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                    Quotes!
                    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                    sigpic

Comment

He ruined Constantine. He helped ruin the remake of The Day The Earth Stood Stll. Don't let him near anything else even remotely sci-fi. Stick to helpnig ruin Sandra Bullock romantic comedies.
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                        He ruined Constantine. He helped ruin the remake of The Day The Earth Stood Stll. Don't let him near anything else even remotely sci-fi. Stick to helpnig ruin Sandra Bullock romantic comedies.
                        I actually thought Reeves was the only good part of the "The Day The Earth Stood Still" remake...
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

To play Wolverine you need to be able to act.
                          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                            The Matrix was one of the best sci-fi films of our time.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              The Matrix was one of the best sci-fi films of our time.
                              i agree, and i quite enjoy johnny mnemonic, but keanu has to play that kind of role.
                              Spoiler:
                              Disclaimer:
                              Quotes!
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X