X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview with Kate Hewlett

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/1...tlantisi.shtml

Meanwhile, casting is in full swing for Stargate Universe, and several of Kate's friends have been taking part in the process. "I have a bunch of friends who have auditioned for the show," she said, "and they seem to be going very young.

"I think it's the new, hip, Stargate Jr. I think that I don't probably fit into that but I would love to. I was secretly hoping they'd be like, 'We need to bring someone over. Who could it be?'"
    Any thoughts?
    sigpic

I'd love to see Jeanie in Universe. But I'd feel bad for her family

I certainly hope it's not a "new, hip, Stargate Jr.".

Gate Rider AKA Abnormal on the Sanctuary fan forums.
    Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

As I've said before, all we can do is wait and see. When casting details come out, we will have our answer. Until then, we really just don't know.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

If you are interested in a further read about Kate Hewlett, I asked her some questions for my site as well. You can find them here:

http://www.stargategalaxy.com/index.php?topic=2080.0
        Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          As I've said before, all we can do is wait and see. When casting details come out, we will have our answer. Until then, we really just don't know.

I agree. Besides, the show runners have told us many times, that it really doesn't matter how we feel about this new series, since they are going to run it as they see fit. And for every one of our complains, there will be (they say) someone on the other side of the fence thinking the show is just wonderful. Or Vice verse.

Anything that doesn't come from their offices is just conjecture, anyway.
          Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Rider View Post

Thats what is sounds like. "we're trying to attract a younger fan base"....

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Fifth View Post
              Thats what is sounds like. "we're trying to attract a younger fan base"....
              All we can really do is hope that they are smart enough not to totally alienate the fan base that has been with Stargate since SG-1 premiered in 1997.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I really don't see how having younger people in a sci fi show would help bring in a younger audience. They can't exactly relate, to being stuck on a really really old space ship, plus there is no pop teen sensation, if they do that would suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Rider View Post

But that's how they could get the young fanbase! Jeanie could being her kids onto the Destiny! LOL
                  sigpic

Comment

Based on past experience, I'm going what with Kate says over what Mallozzi and Co. says. For the most part, the actors have always been far more accurate in explaining things to come than those producers. So in response to her statement, I'm back to believing that SGU really IS with a 'younger audience'.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      All we can really do is hope that they are smart enough not to totally alienate the fan base that has been with Stargate since SG-1 premiered in 1997.
                      I want this show to be good, but I have never had so many doubts about a show. I was excited about SG-1, SGA, BSG, Eureka, Dresden Files, and Sanctuary. This show has not given me any security that its' going to be even better than SGA or SG-1. This show has to be better since it replaced SGA.

There is just too much contradiction. The producers say it is not 90210 and the cast is not that young, then the cast of SGA is saying it is 90210 and they are auditioning really young.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lord batchi ball View Post
                        I really don't see how having younger people in a sci fi show would help bring in a younger audience. They can't exactly relate, to being stuck on a really really old space ship, plus there is no pop teen sensation, if they do that would suck.
                        It's funny because SGA has been increasing in the younger demos with each passing season. We've seen the press releases.

Maybe if they cast Miley Cyrus they'll get that pop teen sensation.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                          It's funny because SGA has been increasing in the younger demos with each passing season. We've seen the press releases.

Maybe if they cast Miley Cyrus they'll get that pop teen sensation.
                          Maybe our young hip cast will be breaking into song every episode. Aren't musical's the in thing.

Comment

Originally posted by humanityspotential View Post
                            Maybe our young hip cast will be breaking into song every episode. Aren't musical's the in thing.
                            LOL, sure if you are 14 yo.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                              LOL, sure if you are 14 yo.
                              Damn... that's too old for the target audiance...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X