The 4th wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 4th wall

I think if they broke the 4th wall in the Atlantis movie, it would be so funny. If you don't know what I mean, have the characters refrence their show, or in the rare case, realize they are on TV or something..

In season 8, on time Carter was humming the SG1 theme, just because it was funny (and Tapping forgot the Macguyver music..), but it would be so great if they just have one scene where Ronon or Mckay are watching some "cheep scifi coverup show called Stargate"

What do you think?

Shut up
    We're watching TV
    What are you watching?
    Some cheep scifi flich called Stargate. It's a coverup for the SGC
    Look at all those plotholes and character shields..
    I still think I can play Captain Kirk better
    Yea, in the past week, John O'Nial has lost all the funny..
    So, we aren't going to save the galaxy today? Or tomarrow?
    Shut up, some weird guy has to do impossible math in under 30 seconds to save the day. He shouldn't be able to, but
    He just did, wow.

Go Green

Carter wasn't humming Stargate she was humming Wormhole Xtreme which already fulfils that purpose.

And no them watching it and breaking the fourth wall would not be fun, the already over did that with Wormhole Extreme, Citizen Joe and 200.
    sigpic
    Banner By JME2

Comment

My favourite 4th wall breaking was in 'Family Ties' we're Carter and Jacek discuss the lack of support for the 'Stargate Programme'.

Comment

I'm all for a little breaking of the 4th wall but what you describing is too much
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Mmm, that would be funny, but breaking down the fourth wall is more SG-1's business. I do not think it would work as well in Atlantis.
          Wraith Humour. I has it.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post
            Carter wasn't humming Stargate she was humming Wormhole Xtreme which already fulfils that purpose.

And no them watching it and breaking the fourth wall would not be fun, the already over did that with Wormhole Extreme, Citizen Joe and 200.
            Actually, TPTB said that Carter was humming the SG-1 theme.

I also don't think that breaking the 4th wall would be a good idea on Atlantis.
            Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

The 4th wall??

what do you mean
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Breaking the fourth wall is more of a Boston Legal thing than a Stargate thing.
                I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

Breaking the fourth wall... hmmm??? Not really sure how that could work on Atlantis, do they even have TV there?? Maybe have some pictures up in the background of various scenes?? Hmm... no I can't really think of a good idea for that...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    The 4th wall??

what do you mean
                    The fourth wall is essentially your TV screen. Think of a sitcom you have the three wall of any given room in a house and then the "4th wall", which in a house you would have a wall there. This is where the audience is. Breaking the 4th wall means to interact directly with the audience in the show. Having a character in the show make a reference to, in fact, being a character on the show or to point some random flaw out to the audience directly. It can be a little on the cheese filled side and best done once every, let's say, 10 years and then forgotten about.
                    sigpic

Just repeat to yourself; "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedwraith View Post

Nopes.. watch it again she was definitely humming the intro tune to SG1..

Comment

Originally posted by Floo View Post
                        Nopes.. watch it again she was definitely humming the intro tune to SG1..
                        *sigh* I was joking. Besides we never heard the theme to Wormhole Xtreme, just saw a promo reel; there's every chance in universe that could be the WX theme.
                        sigpic
                        Banner By JME2

Comment

yes, that would be very funny

sigpic
                          Sig made by squirrely1
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
                          *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

Maybe something with sound during ship battles in space.

Shep ~ "Wow, that was loud!"
                            McKay ~ "What was?"
                            Shep ~ "The hive that just blew up!"
                            McKay ~ "There is no sound in a vacuum."
                            *Shep looks directly into camera*
                            Shep ~ "Thank you Sound Effects."

I wasn't sure how to end that but that was my little idea. I don't want them breaking the 4th wall too much (a la Family Guy).

Comment

lol, like 200.....

Comment

Working...
                              X