This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ep 1 Time Setting?

i am not sure if anyone can answer this yet but does anyone know if Atlantis Ep 1 is set before, during or after the SG-1's season 8 first episode?

or do both episodes cross over (similar to several episodes of Buffy and Angel)

sigpic

I think that it happens pretty much immediately after s8 ep 1. Not sure though. But the events in "New Order" definitely do lead to "Rising," at least somewhat.
    Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

SG-1 Season 8 Spoiler (New Order p1+p2)!!!!!
      |
      |
      |
      |
      |
      |
      |
      |
      |
      |
      |

It has to at least be set after the SG-1's first order because O'Neill guest stars on the first episode of Atlantis and his storty arc from season 7 needs to be resolved first.

Comment

The timeline is essentially the same as the airing of the episode: SG-1 Season Eight premiere, followed a week later by the Atlantis premiere. Then both shows will air concurrently, and their timelines will parallel (same timeline, actually, as it's the same universe).
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Yeah... so that makes it perfect for crossovers, if they choose to do that.
          Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

yeah there has to be a crossover, i'm pretty sure, especially if there is going to be S9 of SG1...
            P.S. THAT's why they show SG1 first and then A the following weeek!!!!!

Comment

Amanda Tapping said something in an interview about how she and Chris Judge couldn't appear in the Atlantis premiere for legal reasons, but that they'd both be appearing it in later seasons.
              sum ergo cogitum
              I am therefore I think.

Comment

I think she said she hoped they'd be appearing later, not that they would be... but I sure do hope they do! After SG-1 ends, Atlantis will be our only Stargate show... I sure would hate to never see the SG-1 team again!

Comment

Originally posted by Champos
                  Amanda Tapping said something in an interview about how she and Chris Judge couldn't appear in the Atlantis premiere for legal reasons, but that they'd both be appearing it in later seasons.
                  Exactly. The show's producers would need to pay the creators of SG-1 for the entire life of Atlantis if the characters are used to introduce the story. Otherwise they just need to pay for the movie rights.

Comment

Working...
                  X