Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entertainment Weekly Online: Pop Watch: The dumbest TV moves of 2008

At Entertainment Weekly Online:

(Please follow the link to respond with your YOUR dumbest TV move of 2008. Come on...we KNOW what you're thinking!)

The dumbest TV moves of 2008: What are your picks?

Dec 5, 2008, 06:18 PM | by Dan Snierson

The distance from the Earth to the sun is approximately 93 million miles. Pi equals 3.14159265358979323.... Oh, sorry--we didn't see you there. We were just sitting around, you know, being smart. Which happens to be a big topic of this week's EW. We've put our brains together and come up with a very provocative list: Three Dumbest TV Moves of 2008. Our picks: The decision to let the five reality-host nominees emcee the 60th Annual Emmy Awards. To hold series back after the writers' strike. And, yes, to keep revamping Knight Rider.

So now it's time for you to weigh in, PopWatchers. Do you agree with these choices? If not, what are your nominations for excellence in stupidity? Remember, there are no stupid responses. Just stupid people who don't respond to questions we ask.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Good, I see some SGA fans went over to EW and voiced their displeasure at the cancellation of SGA. Good for you!

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I'm going to march over and spout my distaste over not bringing Carson and Elizabeth full-time.

What? It's equally as valid.

Comment

Doing good -- over 80 comments so far about the cancellation of Stargate Atlantis (against) -- and several comments in favor of the cancellation of SGA.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
          Doing good -- over 80 comments so far about the cancellation of Stargate Atlantis (against) -- and several comments in favor of the cancellation of SGA.

Prepares to egg and toilet paper the houses of these people.
          sigpic

Comment

I hope that Brad Wright gets wind of EW's question! I posted a link at Joe's blog today, but alas, he did not comment on it. Oh well, hope springs eternal!
            Last edited by ed263; 07 December 2008, 06:58 PM.

sig by Varda

Comment

At Entertainment Weekly Online:

(Please follow the link to respond with your YOUR dumbest TV move of 2008. Come on...we KNOW what you're thinking!)

The dumbest TV moves of 2008: What are your picks?

Dec 5, 2008, 06:18 PM | by Dan Snierson

The distance from the Earth to the sun is approximately 93 million miles. Pi equals 3.14159265358979323.... Oh, sorry--we didn't see you there. We were just sitting around, you know, being smart. Which happens to be a big topic of this week's EW. We've put our brains together and come up with a very provocative list: Three Dumbest TV Moves of 2008. Our picks: The decision to let the five reality-host nominees emcee the 60th Annual Emmy Awards. To hold series back after the writers' strike. And, yes, to keep revamping Knight Rider.

So now it's time for you to weigh in, PopWatchers. Do you agree with these choices? If not, what are your nominations for excellence in stupidity? Remember, there are no stupid responses. Just stupid people who don't respond to questions we ask.
              THNX for the link. WOW people are mad with the cancellation!! Niiice
              Spoiler:
              APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
              (YEAR 0 - 100)
              "O thou Sun,
              send me as far over the earth
              as is my pleasure and thine,
              and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
              but never hear anything of bad ones,
              nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ed263 View Post
                I hope that Brad Wright gets wind of EW's question! I posted a link at Joe's blog today, but alas, he did not comment on it. Oh well, hope springs eternal!
                Brad Wright doesn't care. He is showrunner yet again.
                sigpic

Comment

As i said on another thread, i seriously DO hope that their stupid SGU drops dead (at rattings) and Atlantis movie become a hit. I'd like to see them kicking each others a** and knocking their heads at walls.
                  Spoiler:
                  APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                  (YEAR 0 - 100)
                  "O thou Sun,
                  nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
                    As i said on another thread, i seriously DO hope that their stupid SGU drops dead (at rattings) and Atlantis movie become a hit. I'd like to see them kicking each others a** and knocking their heads at walls.
                    Why?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                      Why?

You don't take something from some one and dare call crap cornflakes and cornflakes crap. Even if Universe is a better show, so what, we're invested/infested in/with SGA. Example: I have a wife, seriously aged, sagging breast the works. But she's my old girl. Should I replace her with a younger more vibrant lass, who may be sexier and not smell like Icy Hot. If one were to forcibly take my old girl away and lament: 'Why you mad for, we brought you a better woman.' I'd smack that person in the face with an axe.

So why take away SGA unless they're evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Coremae View Post
                        You don't take something from some one and dare call crap cornflakes and cornflakes crap.
                        Nothing has been taken from anyone, it's just ceased being given.

Even if Universe is a better show, so what, we're invested/infested in/with SGA. Example: I have a wife, seriously aged, sagging breast the works. But she's my old girl. Should I replace her with a younger more vibrant lass, who may be sexier and not smell like Icy Hot. If one were to forcibly take my old girl away and lament: 'Why you mad for, we brought you a better woman.' I'd smack that person in the face with an axe.

So why take away SGA unless they're evil.
                        They're a business, not a charity. Cancelling Atlantis and making Universe has nothing to do with it being better or worse, it's about it making more money. Why should they lose money just for you? What right have you got to expect it? None.

Comment

Wow that is really funny how many stargate fans posted on there.

Comment

Originally posted by Coremae View Post
                            Example: I have a wife, seriously aged, sagging breast the works. But she's my old girl. Should I replace her with a younger more vibrant lass, who may be sexier and not smell like Icy Hot. If one were to forcibly take my old girl away and lament: 'Why you mad for, we brought you a better woman.' I'd smack that person in the face with an axe.
                            eh, you'd probably feel better off if you trade that one in. or at least put it away in the garage so you can polish it up and take it out for those antique shows and get something newer.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                              Why?
                              Because!!!
                              Because when people are spitting on my face i don't pretent it's raining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Spoiler:
                              APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                              (YEAR 0 - 100)
                              "O thou Sun,
                              nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Working...