Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking back the main problem is they used way too many CSI cliches so we kind of knew exactaly what twist and turns the episode was going to take.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

It was a beatiful, beautiful ep. I loved it.
      10+ out of 10.
      This is what they can do when they think out of the box.
      The music just pushed it over the top to awesome.
      I especially loved JF's performance, and I was fascinated by the Wraith, the scene where he put on the make up was eerie and cool. Seeing Zelenka, Rodney and Woolsey in suits was cool too.
      Kinda X-files/CSI/Stargate hybrid.
      John Sheppard is such a tragic figure, in any reality, that I am very sad for him, but the end is completely in keeping with his character. I cried and still have tears in my eyes.

Comment

Where is the Stargate aspect to your new show
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

As far as I'm concerned they can transplant the whole team, and have them hunt down aliens

But yes, as to the topic, Rodney looks very spiffy in a tailored suit!

Originally posted by Earthgate Ricky View Post
          I loved it when he owned John in their alternate reality.!

Why not they have a new series : "Stargate CSI: Vegas"?

I like to see Drs. Keller, Zelenka, and Beckett work in lab team as Sam Carter, Ronon and Evan would be detectives.

Comment

I LOVED Rodney and Zelenka in their suits!
            And I would be ecstatic if this would be a spin off show.
            But I would definitely want Shep back! (maybe let AU Todd feed on someone and then bring Shep back to life!)
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              lol

if you're gonna spoof csi, at least do it 'right'

the driving rock music was annoying to the extreme, the wraith knowing how to apply hollywood quality makeup? not likely.

rodney was annoying to the extreme - as per usual.

it was just bad. cheesily bad.

it was like it was a 'see mr glassner we can do your csi' flavored with a couple snarks at the fans and reminded me of a few too many 'low budget grungy shootemups' movies from the 80's
              There was a reason for that. That was one of Johnny Cash's songs. John Sheppard loves Johnny Cash both in the normal reality and the 'Vegas reality.' If you noticed, Detective Sheppard had the same poster of Johnny Cash in his office just like Lieutenant Colonel Sheppard in his quarters in 'our reality.'

Overall, I really liked the episode. It was different. It sorta had "The Changeling" feeling where it followed a different format that eventually tied into the Stargate universe. It also helped allude to Enemy at the Gate, the next episode.

The only problem I had with the episode is that I noticed a lot of times that Joe Flanigan almost seemed like he was whispering in many scenes. I don't know. It was a minor thing that bothered me a bit. Nothing to change my overall view of the episode.

With the comments about the Wraith using make-up, yeah that was a bit unrealistic, but who cares? It's a tv show. Just enjoy it.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
              and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

I bet the Wraith fangirls loved this epi. I mean a Wraith without his shirt on? lol
                And poor crazy Todd.

It was weird seeing Rodney completely in control and not freaking out or being his usual self. And Joe seemed to be trying really hard to make John sound different - gruffer and not doing his "Joe" voice that David Hewlett makes so much fun of.

Seeing Jennifer was a surprise as I wasn't expecting her in this epi.

I really loved the nameless Wraith in this episode. His makeup was awesome and his figuring out that the rocker look would be the only possible way he could pass off being human was funny to me.

I found the Western music they would occasionally play through the episode extremely cheesy but otherwise liked the soundtrack they picked.

Don't you know next week Rodney is going to be freaking out when the signal from the other reality with Earth's address comes through in Wraith code?

It was interesting hearing more about the Afghanistan screw-up in John's past. It seems that was the breaking point that made this reality an alternate. If he wasn't with Nancy in our Stargate reality at the time, I wonder if he was also involved with the medic that he went back for here.

Comment

Yea, "Stargate: Men (and Women) in Black."

Comment

I thought it was a great episode! (I think it helps I don't pay much attention to other people's complaints.)

It was fun and interesting. I loved that Radek and Rodney still bicker. I just thought it was so sad what they did to alt!Todd. I hope nothing like that will happen to our Todd.

Comment

I understand why this episode doesn't appeal to some people, but I loved it to death. Probably not the best episode in the season, but pretty close! I watch CSI occasionally and my Dad and I were laughing at all the CSIness. It was very cool. Can't wait for the last episode, only because it looks cool, not because the show in ending.

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                        I can see that people will either love it or hate it, it sure was different!
                        But 180 degree change of opinion here,
                        This episode was probably the best SGA ep I have ever seen. From the music, to the mood, to the acting, it was mesmerizing, I couldn't tear my eyes away.
                        It was heartbreaking, brilliant and I sure as heck wish they would have spun this off as a series instead of 90210!
                        I honestly have no words to describe how much I liked it, and (since I watched it a week ago, bad me) how it left me emotional for days after viewing.
                        See, everbody's tastes are different!!!
                        I wouldn't say the best episode ever, but it was damn fun! The music made the episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Infernorhythm View Post
                          My one complaint was that Neil Jackson didn't get to act. He just growled and shot at Sheppard. I mean, he was so amazing as Khalek in "Prototype," and here he felt wasted. I was really looking forward to his performance. Oh well. At least Todd got a great monologue.
                          I thought Neil did act, just with his body and face. His motions and behaviors were so cool and intense. Evocative. So yeah, not a typical performance but still very powerful, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by TragicComedy View Post
                            I bet the Wraith fangirls loved this epi. I mean a Wraith without his shirt on? lol
                            And poor crazy Todd.

It was weird seeing Rodney completely in control and not freaking out or being his usual self. And Joe seemed to be trying really hard to make John sound different - gruffer and not doing his "Joe" voice that David Hewlett makes so much fun of.

Seeing Jennifer was a surprise as I wasn't expecting her in this epi.

I really loved the nameless Wraith in this episode. His makeup was awesome and his figuring out that the rocker look would be the only possible way he could pass off being human was funny to me.

I found the Western music they would occasionally play through the episode extremely cheesy but otherwise liked the soundtrack they picked.

Don't you know next week Rodney is going to be freaking out when the signal from the other reality with Earth's address comes through in Wraith code?

It was interesting hearing more about the Afghanistan screw-up in John's past. It seems that was the breaking point that made this reality an alternate. If he wasn't with Nancy in our Stargate reality at the time, I wonder if he was also involved with the medic that he went back for here.
                            They mentioned that he was involved with the medic. So, it looks like things changed before the Afghanistan mission. "Our" Sheppard went to rescue his fellow pilot, was shot down, but no one died from the crash. But he was unable to rescue his friend. "Alt" Sheppard went to rescue his lover, a medic, but was shot down and killed civilians in the crash. It also looks like our Sheppard was married to Nancy prior to Afghanistan, due to the time frame between that and his time in Antarctica. So, Alt Sheppard never married her, still went to Afghanistan, then things really went down hill.

By the way, does anyone know the name of the Johnny Cash song? I really want to get that for my iPod.

Originally posted by Michelle05 View Post
                            I thought Neil did act, just with his body and face. His motions and behaviors were so cool and intense. Evocative. So yeah, not a typical performance but still very powerful, imo.
                            True, you have a point. But I really got into him on Blade, so I was hoping for some more great dialogue and the like. He definitely gave the Wraith a presence (does he have a name? Should we call him Neil the Wraith?), but I was bummed that he got shortchanged on dialogue while Todd got the best lines. Still cool performance though.
                            Rush rocks.

Comment

I generally liked this ep. I was rooting for the wraith to eat sheppard though. Darn!

I was also expecting mulder and scully to show up...or at least Skinner. Would have been a cool X-files ep.
                              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Infernorhythm View Post
                                They mentioned that he was involved with the medic. So, it looks like things changed before the Afghanistan mission. "Our" Sheppard went to rescue his fellow pilot, was shot down, but no one died from the crash. But he was unable to rescue his friend. "Alt" Sheppard went to rescue his lover, a medic, but was shot down and killed civilians in the crash. It also looks like our Sheppard was married to Nancy prior to Afghanistan, due to the time frame between that and his time in Antarctica. So, Alt Sheppard never married her, still went to Afghanistan, then things really went down hill.

By the way, does anyone know the name of the Johnny Cash song? I really want to get that for my iPod.

True, you have a point. But I really got into him on Blade, so I was hoping for some more great dialogue and the like. He definitely gave the Wraith a presence (does he have a name? Should we call him Neil the Wraith?), but I was bummed that he got shortchanged on dialogue while Todd got the best lines. Still cool performance though.
                                "Solitary Man" was the song.

Comment

Working...
                                X