PDA

View Full Version : Possible New Tactic?

rsanchez
December 6th, 2008, 05:21 AM
We saw that Wraith ships can become sick just like any living thing. I think instead of weaponizing the gene therapy for Wraith, they should do it for their ships. We could have giant needles launched by the Daedalus as soon as it leaves hyperspace, and then it enters hyperspace right away. It's hit and run with the advantage that eventually the ship will break in half. If any ships decide to "exchange bodily fluids" then it's a two for one deal.

JackHarkness_Hot
December 6th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Though in theory it could work and splendidly it will, the delivery method needs to be refined and I bet the production of the treatment will have to turn into major mass production in order for it to work as efficiently as possible.

kymeric
December 6th, 2008, 07:14 AM
One hive ship sneezes on another hive ship XD

Anon
December 6th, 2008, 08:09 AM
well, that would be a great movie idea, really. Put this idea up in the movies Section.

SerenaSerenity
December 6th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Though I do say that the delivery method should be improved on. And I'm not sure if germs can travel through space, but it's Sci-Fi, anything's possible. lol But I do think that would be an awesome idea. *nod nod*

GoSpikey
December 6th, 2008, 03:52 PM
f any ships decide to "exchange bodily fluids" then it's a two for one deal.

*Pictures mating Hive Ships*

Okay, that does it. I should do something else today, outside of reading Infection threads... :rolleyes:

YutheGreat
December 6th, 2008, 04:44 PM
What about a weapon simillar the anti-speicie 8472 missiles. You fill it with replicator nanites to maximize the efficiency of the virus delivery system.

rsanchez
December 6th, 2008, 05:17 PM

Okay, that does it. I should do something else today, outside of reading Infection threads... :rolleyes:
Haha, wow that made me laugh.

I agree with the nanite idea, it would make it much more of an accurate weapon. Sort of like how replicators invaded ships in SG-1. Launch a projectile at the ship and let the nanites take care of the dirty work. Also, as soon as McKay designs it and presents it to the IOA, I'm sure they'll want to mass produce it as soon as possible.

Infinatus
December 6th, 2008, 08:52 PM
We saw that Wraith ships can become sick just like any living thing. I think instead of weaponizing the gene therapy for Wraith, they should do it for their ships. We could have giant needles launched by the Daedalus as soon as it leaves hyperspace, and then it enters hyperspace right away. It's hit and run with the advantage that eventually the ship will break in half. If any ships decide to "exchange bodily fluids" then it's a two for one deal.

That's an interesting idea, however now it only takes 3 Asgard beams to destroy a Hive ship in a hit and run attack. So there's no need to do something that complicated.

Wrath Of Odin
December 6th, 2008, 09:49 PM
That's an interesting idea, however now it only takes 3 Asgard beams to destroy a Hive ship in a hit and run attack. So there's no need to do something that complicated.

Thats exactly what I'm thinking, they have intelligence on where the wraith are so why not go kick the absolute crap out them. They have the ships, 2 304's flying around the pegasus galaxy blowing up hives eventually there wouldnt be many left and they would all band together for mutual protection against the earth fleet and that would save millions of humans all across the galaxy because they could only feed on one planet at a time. But hey that would kinda ruin the entire premise of the show, good guys vs bad guys :p

Replicator Fifth
December 6th, 2008, 09:59 PM
if it gets sick it can develope an immunity, too like any living thing. Kill off most hive ships and the ones that survive will be stronger.

Lythisrose
December 6th, 2008, 10:00 PM

They'll have to make some REALLY big condoms for protection...;)
Safe Sex for Ships - Hive Trojans can't be beat!

Replicator Fifth
December 6th, 2008, 10:03 PM
They'll have to make some REALLY big condoms for protection...;)
Safe Sex for Ships - Hive Trojans can't be beat!

yeah!

Empress Vajnraa
December 6th, 2008, 10:08 PM
OMG
I just had a thought:
Is it possible that this weakness was the one that the Aurora was trying to bring back to Atlantis? The Ancients could have used such a weapon when they started running our of ships.

ckwongau
December 7th, 2008, 05:26 AM
Well, it is harder to infect space ships in vaccum space than a living person.
The outer hull is super strong and regenerate quickly.

The Wraith hive ship got infected because Wraith suspended animation chamber exchange fluid with the Wraith.
which mean Wraith's ship 'sBio chemistries are compatiable with Wraith DNA.

If we can infect Wraith with a carrier virus, eventually it will get into their ship system.And make it a retro virus , like "HIV" It will slowly damage their regeneration system in a decade , that is probably how long the disease will pass into all their ship.

jenks
December 7th, 2008, 05:57 AM
Didn't they say in the episode that the infection was spread because of an exchange in bodily fluids between the hibernating Wraith and the ship? Seem it would be difficult infecting the ship at all, never mind weaponizing the disease...

rsanchez
December 7th, 2008, 11:03 AM
if it gets sick it can develope an immunity, too like any living thing. Kill off most hive ships and the ones that survive will be stronger.
The ones that survive would be beam fodder. Also, the beams one-on-one are suprior to hives, but run into two or more and you're in trouble. Another way to launch the weapon would be to launch it as a cluster bomb, with several space needles hitting multiple hives from one firing, and then a quick jump back into hyperspace. Finally, with regards to bodily fluids, the nanites carrying the virus could make their way into the ship's circulatory system. After delivering the gene, they could mess with some of the ship's systems to distract the Wraith from the true weapon.

FallenAngelII
December 7th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Hives ships heal (have immune systems). I don't think a single needle would do the job.

SoulAssassino
December 9th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Special railgun shells with small vials with the disease in them. Small shot burrows itself into the hull, small explosive charge detonates, disease in the hull. And it seems that if only one of these delivers the disease it will spread. But with the railgun firing rate, i'm sure that a lot of shots would survive and delover their minimal, but effective payload.

wise one
December 10th, 2008, 09:04 AM
if you infect a wraith then the other wraith will notice he cant feed

the virus will take time to infect the the hive ship since todds hive took ages getting to atlantis

ciannwn
December 10th, 2008, 10:10 AM
. But hey that would kinda ruin the entire premise of the show, good guys vs bad guys :p

I'm sure TPTB would invent another race for the expedition members to slaughter so they can look 'heroic'.

FallenAngelII
December 10th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Special railgun shells with small vials with the disease in them.
Again, Hive hulls are not made of soft pliable human tissue or something. They're made out of super-hardened armor.

They are armor. You'd need something hard enough to not only not be destroyed upon impact but also hard enough to pierce that armor.

rsanchez
December 10th, 2008, 01:30 PM
Nanites will get into the minute cracks made after the impact of the rail gun shells, getting into the ship's circulatory system and infecting the ship that way. Although I wonder if rail guns would be the preferred method. The force of impact of a rail gun might vaporize the gene therapy before the nanites would have a chance to deliver it. A 'needle' with a tough casing to protect the gene-carrying nanites is a better delivery method. Even if the needle doesn't penetrate the hull, the nanites can make it in and cause problems little by little, eventually leading to the ship's collapse.