Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the third SG-1 movie gonna pull a serenity......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is the third SG-1 movie gonna pull a serenity......

Is the third SG-1 movie gonna pull a serenity? In serenity the creator got really pissed about how long his show lasted and he killed everybody. Are Brad and Rob gonna do this? Just kill off cam, Sam, Jackson........ you know what i mean.

sigpic
    Sig made by squirrely1
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
    *PM me if you clicked on that link*

OK, first of all Firfely lasted 14 episodes, Joss had every right to be pissed off. Brad and Rob however, with their show lasting 214 episodes, don't have a right to be pissed off (for the same reason as Joss anyway)
    Second of all, Joss didn't kill everyone, sure
    Spoiler:
    Wash and Book got the chop, but that's only 2 out 9 main characters!
    Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

No. That didn't happen with Serenity either, wasn't it only Shepherd and Wash who died?

Comment

MR. UNiVERSE!?!?!?!?
        Spoiler:
        he died too

sigpic
        Sig made by squirrely1
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
        *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

Originally posted by Gavatarman View Post
          MR. UNiVERSE!?!?!?!?
          Spoiler:
          he died too
          He was only in this film, he wasn't from Firefly.
          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Is the third SG-1 movie gonna pull a serenity? In serenity the creator got really pissed about how long his show lasted and he killed everybody. Are Brad and Rob gonna do this? Just kill off cam, Sam, Jackson........ you know what i mean.
            If it were the last ever installment in the stargate Tv franchise, then i would want them to do it, but as its not,
            Spoiler:
            DONT
            People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

this is how i would like to see atlantis do it, go to the big screen. its kind of perfect to do it at the moment as well - for ppl tht dont watch the show - the characters can be reintroduced as there not tht close in the series anyway besides mckay and shperd. there might b a bk story needed but tht was firefly to sernity.
              previous stories can be quicly explained if they need a reference and for the love of god improve on the cgi cos its just going down hill since the end season 3. I reckon they are using a different program but plz it just looks cheap and nasty these days especially in infection with the hive and the last scene in the episode
              jus get some new writer to do the story as the ppl in charge of atlantis just brought it down in my personal opinion. it had so much potential and some how they blew it big time.
              theres always elements of stargate tv series tht could b seen on the big screen but the movies arent tht specially really - just a two parter for AoT and a long winded episode for continuum. I own both but please theres better episodes in the box sets of the franchise then what gt produced.

Comment

There's NOTHING wrong with killing characters.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                  There is! If you don't know how to do it!

Comment

Originally posted by silly sally View Post
                    There is! If you don't know how to do it!
                    But that's not something wrong with killing the characters. I applaud writers who are brave and good enough to have a show that's strength is in the writing, not a pretty face. Shows that can get better and better even though only one of the original cast members is left. I'm looking at you, "Spooks"!

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

"this is how i would like to see atlantis do it, go to the big screen. its kind of perfect to do it at the moment as well - for ppl tht dont watch the show - the characters can be reintroduced as there not tht close in the series anyway besides mckay and shperd. there might b a bk story needed but tht was firefly to sernity.
                      previous stories can be quicly explained if they need a reference and for the love of god improve on the cgi cos its just going down hill since the end season 3. I reckon they are using a different program but plz it just looks cheap and nasty these days especially in infection with the hive and the last scene in the episode
                      jus get some new writer to do the story as the ppl in charge of atlantis just brought it down in my personal opinion. it had so much potential and some how they blew it big time.
                      theres always elements of stargate tv series tht could b seen on the big screen but the movies arent tht specially really - just a two parter for AoT and a long winded episode for continuum. I own both but please theres better episodes in the box sets of the franchise then what gt produced.
                      ^^ This is about the third SG-1 movie, it's not an anti-SGA season 4 or 5 thread. This has got nothing to do with Atlantis.

Comment

The idea, that Joss Whedon killed off Book and Wash because 'he was pissed' is rather silly. As in completely wrong.

He 'was pissed' enough to try for ages to resurrect the series or finish it as a Film, that's hardly the kind of drive that leads you to kill off characters in a fit of pique.

Both Book and Wash's deaths have solid reasons in a dramatic sense: Book's highlights just how dangerous and ruthless the Operative is as an adversary and Wash's generated a awful amount of tension for the finale. I mean after that when Zoe, Kaylee and Simon got hurt did you think they were goners?

As for Stargate following in that tradition: probably not. They're very bad at killing main characters. Even when they try they don't do it well. Take Jack's death in Continuum; no where near the impact of Wash's death for me. Partly because I knew it was going to be ret-conned by the end of the film.
                        sigpic
                        Banner By JME2

Comment

no, they don't have guts to kill a major character
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                            no, they don't have guts to kill a major character
                            and actually keep them killed

and only two main cast members died so???? i don't see the big deal
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                              Not on a crap shows you don't watch. Otherwise stop doing it you selfish oafs.

Comment

Working...
                              X