PDA

View Full Version : Stargate Zombies Anyone???

Bobby
December 5th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Was anyone else just reminded of zombies or zombie movies when you watched this episode???

Especially in the part just before the ship was cut in half.

SerenaSerenity
December 6th, 2008, 12:14 AM
It did remind me of a resident evil/silent hill type of thing. But just not as creepy. lol

dasNdanger
December 6th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Yup - Flesh-eating Wraith zombies...LOVED 'em! They weren't as scary as Resident Evil zombies, or Firefly Reavers, simply because they were NOT evil...just merely driven by their natural instinct to feed, and since humans are the only food they've known, they would - of course - try to feed on them the only way they can now, by eating them. I REALLY liked that touch.

das

Bobby
December 6th, 2008, 12:19 AM
It did remind me of a resident evil/silent hill type of thing. But just not as creepy. lol

Yeah kinda like the kids version! lol

SerenaSerenity
December 6th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Yup - Flesh-eating Wraith zombies...LOVED 'em! They weren't as scary as Resident Evil zombies, or Firefly Reavers, simply because they were NOT evil...just merely driven by their natural instinct to feed, and since humans are the only food they've known, they would - of course - try to feed on them the only way they can now, by eating them. I REALLY liked that touch.

das

LOL Yes, absolutely loved them. And I loved that touch too. *nod nod* I cna't remember the line completely, but it went something along the lines of them having just learned to use their teeth. lol That had me going. lol

Yeah kinda like the kids version! lol

lol Exactly!

Fenrir Foxz
December 6th, 2008, 01:55 AM

das

The zombies in Resident Evil technically weren't evil, just like the point (or part of) that you're making about the wraith zombies, in Resident Evil the humans / dogs infected with the T-virus were reduced to their basic instincts and the need to feed became the dominant driving force.

Evil is subjective at best but my understanding of it is the wilful intent to maliciously cause harm or even death... Therefore zombies by the very nature of what they are cannot be evil because they have no concept of right and wrong, no intend to cause harm or even complex brain activity, just a need to feed.

Anon
December 6th, 2008, 04:19 AM
yeah, like when they were Hauling ass out of that part of the ship. it does seem like a zombie movie, but in zombie movies there are normally 2-5 pple, in this one it was like 15-18. so kind of.

rsanchez
December 6th, 2008, 05:10 AM
Yeah but they were separated into groups so each group was in a zombie movie.

Anon
December 6th, 2008, 08:02 AM
Yeah but they were separated into groups so each group was in a zombie movie.

no, not when they were falling back, they met up at the closed door, then ran for it.

rsanchez
December 6th, 2008, 05:23 PM
That was the one part. Before that, every group was in their horror movie.

Night Marshal
December 11th, 2008, 05:46 PM
I personally thought they looked like they were taking the whole Space Vampires to a new level with the faces of the wrath guards.

Replicator Fifth
December 11th, 2008, 05:49 PM
I personally thought they looked like they were taking the whole Space Vampires to a new level with the faces of the wrath guards.

Ugly...

spinny magee
December 19th, 2008, 05:45 AM
Meh Todd looks a bit like a zombie, the wraith in the first season weren't scary at all until at the end of season 2 when James Lafazanos quit(the guy who acted as all unmasked wraith leaders/scientists in early seasons). Then they started looking a bit more individual and more intimidating and scary.

And geez those wraith guys unmasked looked really UGLY.