• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warriors (110)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON ONE
    WARRIORS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 110

The disappearance of a college friend leads Will to an underground fight club, where the Cabal is testing warriors before creating an army. Helen stumbles upon a man she is convinced is her father.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 02:41 PM.

so far, the good

what we're finding out about helen. and i wonder which of the beatles she 'knew'

we get a glimpse into the kabal and just how mean and inhumane they are. and a hint of the future with a mention of 'the cleansing'...so they're using the fights to 'field test' super soldiers to make an army to go out and kill off abbys I'd guess.

they did the reedit of the flashbacks pretty good, i'd only know they were reedited if i knew. the bug bit creeped me out, seriously creeped me out.

I think my biggest beef...SuperWill??? oh those bulky muscles were cheesy to the extreme. As in laughable cheesy. Just too OTT for my tastes. About the only real crit i had of the eps.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      so far, the good

what we're finding out about helen. and i wonder which of the beatles she 'knew'

we get a glimpse into the kabal and just how mean and inhumane they are. and a hint of the future with a mention of 'the cleansing'...so they're using the fights to 'field test' super soldiers to make an army to go out and kill off abbys I'd guess.

they did the reedit of the flashbacks pretty good, i'd only know they were reedited if i knew. the bug bit creeped me out, seriously creeped me out.

I think my biggest beef...SuperWill??? oh those bulky muscles were cheesy to the extreme. As in laughable cheesy. Just too OTT for my tastes. About the only real crit i had of the eps.

Awww...come on! He was The Incredible Bulk!!

I liked the episode well enough, but really miss not seeing both Henry and Bigfoot in the last two episodes... They're my favorites.

The bug looked like those little pill bugs I get in the garden...what are they called? Woodlouse? Sow bug? Rolly Polly Bug? I just call them pill bugs.

das
      sigpic

Comment

so far, the good

Agreed! When he first started bulking up, all I could think of was the Incredible Hulk - not the movies, but the original tv show with Lou Ferrigno bursting out of his shirt. And Will's nickname made me laugh. All the other fighters had tough sounding names, but "Boy Man"?

I loved the bit at the beginning, but this won't be one of my favorites. After last week, it was a little disappointing.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
          I liked the episode well enough, but really miss not seeing both Henry and Bigfoot in the last two episodes... They're my favorites.
          Henry was in this one.

The bug looked like those little pill bugs I get in the garden...what are they called? Woodlouse? Sow bug? Rolly Polly Bug? I just call them pill bugs.

das
          It's a scarab or dung beetle.

All those fighter names were cheesy. But if those people had class, they wouldn't be getting their kicks that way, would they?

Comment

so far, the good

My guess is George or John. Maybe we need a poll.

Adult Helen was much calmer in the reedit when she was pleading with her father.

I wasn't too thrilled with the fight scenes, but I really liked the storyline with her father.
            Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
            William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
            Anon

Comment

This episode had a lot of potential but I don't like the direction it is taking with Will. I'm half way into it right now. I like the Magnus storyline but not so much with Will.

Comment

so far, the good

Oh, totally agree! I personally couldn't keep a straight face when Henry bust into the ring, because the body comparisions between the two was just so strange.

Bit of a disappointment after last week, although I'm certainly not complaining! This series is incredible!

Edit: Can someone enlighten me? Who's the woman guest starring in next week's ep?
                sigpic
                The Return of King Arthur
                Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by BubblingOverWithIdeas View Post
                  Henry was in this one.

Barely in it...as in, not enough for me.

das
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular View Post

I loved the bit at the beginning, but this won't be one of my favorites. After last week, it was a little disappointing.

NC
                    i agree. after 'requiem', it would be VERY hard to follow it. but this one wasn't my cup of tea. i didn't even care for some of the direction.

what i did like, though were the helen/father bits. i laughed with some of his remarks to her. but when i replay this, i'm going to fast forward through stuff to get to the helen stuff.

(i'm thinking she watched the sunset/sunrise with paul )

wait, now why did helen's dad not age? i'm not even sure i like that he's still alive. i liked helen being the only one in the family to have the longevity.

i know sanctuary's experimenting and trying different things, but i hope they don't do something like this again. some of it just felt kind of cheesy (will as the incredible hulk), and some i just didn't like the way the director handled it. and i didn't like helen's dad still being alive, because it took a bit away from what helen and the five did to have their longevity. and why the heck would he want to leave his daughter!

(i also think the scifi channel was having some probs with their picture. at first i thought it was just sanctuary, but i saw a commercial for battlestar galactica and i saw the same flaws. if this had happened when i was recording 'requiem'... )
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Having just finished watching Warriors...and this being the quickest I have ever been able to see an episode...I have to say that it doesn't surprise me that I wasn't as enthralled with this episode as I was with Requiem...of course I would be very surprised if they can top Requiem...well at least for this season anyhow!
                      I really didn't like the fighting. I just found it too...I dunno...much! Violence just isn't my thing...there's enough of that happening in the real world and in most of the other crap on tv.
                      I also didn't really like the storyline with Gregory either. I was kinda hoping that he would stick around. But they've booted him off...at least he's not dead and he can return. So...he was a clone wasn't he?? I mean going by the flashbacks where you can see the gunk on his hands...I got the impression he was cloned and not actually 180 years old. But anyhoo, I kinda found it lacked a certain something...I'm still figuring that one out though!
                      I loved the scene where Helen confronted the bad dude in the office getting his money out of the safe after he saw her enter the fight arena...he was scared of her...that was cool...and Helen was just so...awesomely good!
                      I'm not so sure about the Cabal...I don't like that chick in the Armani suit! I really hope that the Cabal storyline doesn't become a huge focus on the show. I don't like the Cabal...much like I didn't like the Ori in SG1.
                      I don't want this to sound like a negative post on the episode...I did enjoy it but admittedly, I did skip a few bits here and there coz it was just too much. Sorry.
                      If I had to give it a rating...I'd give it a 6.5/10. I'll probably re watch it but I'm in no hurry to do so just yet.
                      Sorry Sanctuary guys...a good ep but one that really didn't ruffle my feathers in the good ruffling kinda way!

EDIT...should mention that the bug was kinda freaky and I did jump a couple of times...BUT...it was again something that I'm sure someone will point out closely resembles something from Stargate...like the symbiote in the neck thing??!! Still I did like the bug...creepy little sucker!!
                      Last edited by Chelle DB; 13 December 2008, 02:59 AM.
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I didn't like the 'Hulk' either, way to cheesy. Leave the 'homages' to Stargate, along with the parasite in the neck (bug, Goa'uld). Little flickers of Stargate are fun, but I would rather not see Sanctuary having whole story lines/concepts that mirror it.

Helen had some good scenes. Ashley needs some work. IMO, she is starting to feel like she is 'pushed' into some scenes just to be there. She doesn't seem to have any real purpose.

The acting of some minor characters wasn't up to par. I never figured out everything about Helen's Dad, will have to rewatch. Maybe I'll like the show more on the second time around. This was the first big let down of the series for me.

And I vote for Ringo being who Helen watched the sun come up with.

Comment

I guess after every peak there is a valley?

Part of the problem for me before I even saw the episode was how fantastic Requiem was. I was thinking nothing could top it. So, I was almost expecting to not like Warriors as much. But, I told myself the writers would wow me once again.

I loved the character bits we got!

Sounds like some major conflict is coming up with the Cabal? Cleansing or something? Chemically enhanced super soldiers... sounds familiar.
                          Spoiler:
                          Baseball players, sprinters, cyclists, lifters, runners, all those athletes who doped themselves into competitive glory rather than really earning it. *cough* What? You thought I meant the stargate super soldier?

Henry: biceps!

I'm goin' with John as the Beatle she saw the sun come up with. hehe.

Too many bugs in the neck/brain for me: goauld, deep sea parasite, scarabs... all invading the brain and or neck and altering behavior.

I like altered behavior in a character, trying to figure out which brain structure is diseased, and unusual behavior that is quickly reversed is good for stories, but couldn't there be other options?

I was totally bummed her Dad wouldn't stay. My heart was hoping for a completely different ending. What Dad would just say no like that? As a mother, I would find it impossible to say no to my daughter if she really needed my help (even when she is an adult). Alternatively, maybe he wasn't the real father?

I would love if her real father was around a bit and we got flashbacks into how he mentored her and taught her.

EDIT: Oops, forgot, I liked the Moroccan scene and Ashley's tea pouring. =)
                          Last edited by tagger; 13 December 2008, 06:29 AM.
                          Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                          Quint Studer

Comment

i too vote for ringo. and sure, we can start a poll

I liked the part with 'dad', but i do think the will and the warriors (IncrediWill Hulk) is just stet up for the finale...something they needed to get out there and decided to use will. It woulda been cool had it been henry or biggy...of course they seem to want to turn humans into abbys, not use abbys, so that's probably why

I to hope that ashley gets something to do soon.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hey, the ring announcer guy was from Sg1. I forgot the episode, but he was from the one when they see that the Tok'ra queen is being used to make tretonin.

He was the military guy from the beginning. Just though I would share that.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X