PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else bite their tongue TWICE?

dannster
December 5th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Grrr at those scary wraith soldiers jumping out of nowhere *evil glare*

My tongue :(

naamiaiset
December 5th, 2008, 09:45 PM

Not me, but in that respect, this is a better "horror" episode than Whispers was meant to be. ;)

Bobby
December 6th, 2008, 12:08 AM
Not me, but in that respect, this is a better "horror" episode than Whispers was meant to be. ;)

Agree. Not even close really.

SerenaSerenity
December 6th, 2008, 12:38 AM
I enjoyed it. Even though I knew it was coming, I still jumped. Though I think it was more to do with how the wraith looked, then me being startled by them jumping out. lol

Anon
December 6th, 2008, 03:52 AM
yeah i knew it was coming from the previews, but still, scary

rsanchez
December 6th, 2008, 05:16 AM
It did sort of make me jump, but not bite my tongue. :p At least not the way Resident Evil makes me jump. :(

Ouroboros
December 6th, 2008, 05:30 AM
Those jump scares were to choreographed ahead of time to really achieve the intended effect on me. It was more of a "oh yep, and sure enough there he is" thing.

JackHarkness_Hot
December 6th, 2008, 06:50 AM

LOL!

Though honestly, what's with the whole jumping out of "melting walls"? If I turn into one of those, believe you me, I will be hiding in the walls then when a human walks past me, I will grab them and bite them good at the neck.

Infinite-Possibilities
December 6th, 2008, 01:08 PM
I sort of slightly jumped a couple of times, and indeed, I much rather thought this was more effective than Whispers at being scary.

GoSpikey
December 6th, 2008, 02:07 PM

:indeed:

Agree. Not even close really.

I sort of slightly jumped a couple of times, and indeed, I much rather thought this was more effective than Whispers at being scary.

That about says it all. :D

jenks
December 6th, 2008, 04:38 PM
You could see those moments coming a mile off...

Pharaoh Atem
December 6th, 2008, 04:59 PM

that was the highlight

i loved it :D

ha'tak_
December 6th, 2008, 05:51 PM

i did not bite my tounge bit there was this one time that a got really sceard

Lewisco
December 6th, 2008, 06:04 PM
the "bit your tongue" moments may have been slightly predictable, but they still made me jump. an eerily terrific episode.

Briangate78
December 6th, 2008, 08:08 PM

Yeah, Whispers did not execute it too well. This episode was night and say compared to Whispers for several reasons...

1.) Has an excellent plot that continued the SGA storyarc
2.) Was a team episode
3.) Had some great special effects
4.) Had some really strong character drama and interaction.
5.) Had Todd! :p

Whispers lacked all of that.

Infinite-Possibilities
December 6th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Most definitely.
I did think that the female team has potential though, despite how annoying some of them were. I kinda wondered if they could have put them in this one as the 3rd team to go up there.

syncretic
December 6th, 2008, 09:11 PM
You could see those moments coming a mile off...

I agree, but I think the fact that you could see them coming, and yet you still jumped anyway says something about the quality of this episode.

Mitchell82
December 7th, 2008, 12:03 AM
I agree, but I think the fact that you could see them coming, and yet you still jumped anyway says something about the quality of this episode.

Yup just like a great haunted house.:cameron:

rea
December 7th, 2008, 05:52 AM

I suspected both.. and was able to put my coffee down a split second before the first one jumped out... though I still jumped.

Briangate78
December 7th, 2008, 08:13 AM

Yup!

TheRandomOne
December 7th, 2008, 01:25 PM
I did not jump once. It was your typical Atlantis & Wraith Hive Ship episode. Though it is now starting to get funny how Todd gets away. Heck Todd could kill Teyla's kid but still find a way to get out

FallenAngelII
December 7th, 2008, 01:33 PM
I jumped. In surprise. Not fear. It's not scary, not surprising.

ed263
December 7th, 2008, 03:45 PM
I love scenes that scare you or at least make you jump! And I did jump...fun!

Did anyone see the remains of the "eaten" marine? Did they just show bits and pieces of the poor guy?