PDA

View Full Version : Since When has Teyla had the ATA therapy

supersoldier34
December 5th, 2008, 07:22 PM
When Teyla and Ronan were teamed up together Teyla had a life signs detector. When did teyla get the Therapy?

Reiko
December 5th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Maybe the writers forgot. ;)

Or, they decided to give it offscreen. But then wouldn't they have done it in earlier seasons already?

Or, they decided to rewire the LSD's (offscreen, again) so they work without ATA.

Wait -- didn't the writers decide to dump the ATA mythology?

In any case ... whatever.

fumblesmcstupid
December 5th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Zalenka used a LSD in Reunion and does not have the ATA gene!

supersoldier34
December 5th, 2008, 07:36 PM
It just really bugs me. Next Ronan will be using the Chair :cool:

HAHA thought you meant LSD the drug at first

Orion Antreas
December 5th, 2008, 07:36 PM
I believe the ATA gene is only required to activate the device. All she was doing was carrying it around and looking at it. She didn't do anything else with it. For all we know, Shepard activated it. (Speculation. I don't have an actual evidence. I am just assuming this, but I also thought there was a time this was mentioned.)

If not, then the other case scenario is that they don't require the ATA gene. Simple as.

fumblesmcstupid
December 5th, 2008, 07:37 PM
*snort*

Reiko
December 5th, 2008, 07:42 PM

*giggles at the image*

And no. I have not even seen this episode. *g*

wm_1987
December 5th, 2008, 07:45 PM
From the Seige part 2, when the wraith got into Atlantis and Everett was talking to Sheppard

SHEPPARD: Well, we have this. (He reaches into his jacket, takes out a lifesigns detector and shows it to Everett, who looks at the many dots blinking on its screen.) It can't differentiate between Wraith and human but if we confine all base personnel to designated areas, the blips that show up out of bounds will be the likely targets.

EVERETT: Let me see that.

SHEPPARD (handing him the detector): Won't do you any good. You need the gene.

(Everett holds up the detector to show that it's still working.)

EVERETT: I got the gene therapy too.

I just think that the writers forget what needs the gene and what doesn't, or who does and doesn't have it.

fumblesmcstupid
December 5th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Sheppard's feet hang over the foot rest... I can just see Ronon with his legs way out there!

Reiko
December 5th, 2008, 07:47 PM
I just think that the writers forget what needs the gene and what doesn't, or who does and doesn't have it.

WRITE it down. :weiranime22:

prion
December 5th, 2008, 07:48 PM
So much for the writer's bible.

Yeah, I saw that and went, gee, since when can she use the LSD??

Orion Antreas
December 5th, 2008, 07:49 PM
From the Seige part 2, when the wraith got into Atlantis and Everett was talking to Sheppard

SHEPPARD: Well, we have this. (He reaches into his jacket, takes out a lifesigns detector and shows it to Everett, who looks at the many dots blinking on its screen.) It can't differentiate between Wraith and human but if we confine all base personnel to designated areas, the blips that show up out of bounds will be the likely targets.

Heh, oh well. Thanks for pointing that out.

Too be honest though, Teyla holding the LSD which is appeared to be "activated" is such a minor plot hole that it doesn't bother me.

Livestick
December 5th, 2008, 08:10 PM
From "Irresponsible"

McKAY: How is it that you’re able to operate the Ancient technology without the A.T.A. gene?

LUCIUS: Oh, that was easy. All I had to do was find a guy with the gene, have him initiate the device. I mean, it took a long time but, you know, once it was done, I could activate this thing any time I wanted.

This seems to indicate that you don't actually need the ATA gene to use Ancient technology, you just have to have it activated by someone with the gene. Obviously someone with the gene activated Teyla's LSD.

Reiko
December 5th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Well then, with the quotes cited above in "Siege II" the writers just contradicted themselves.

So much for that writer's bible. Oh, wait, there is none. :rolleyes:

Killdeer
December 5th, 2008, 08:20 PM
If I recall correctly, there was a fair amount of criticism regarding Lucius being able to use the shield, and personally I still don't think it makes sense the way they did it.

The ATA gene was a big deal back in S1, and you had to have it to operate certain things. But after that, things kind of fell apart. Ford and Michael being able to fly the jumpers, Lucius and the shield, Teyla and Larrin being able to use the LSDs. I guess the writers just decided to ignore it when it got in the way. Kinda like Teyla's vanishing and reappearing wraith powers.

Reiko
December 5th, 2008, 08:24 PM
Retcon, rewrite, revert -- same old thing. :(

Zatnikitelman
December 5th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Since when did Lorne get ATA? Since when did [insert same random guy who used ancient tech here] get ATA? Just because the writers don't fill an entire scene with someone getting jabbed by a needle like with McKay in "Hide and Seek" doesn't mean it didn't happen.That's just unneccessary dialog that the viewer can just fill in when they see previously non-gene people using gene-sensitive stuff!
The collective IQ of the GWF just dropped several points with this topic!

SerenaSerenity
December 5th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Avalon Part 1:

MITCHELL: Don't they have to be activated by someone with the Ancient gene?
Same file.
DR. LEE: Well, that's what we thought at first, but no, like a lot of Ancient technology, the stones actually just need to be initialized.
MITCHELL: By someone with the gene. That's a guess.
DR. LEE (O/S): No, you're right…
01:16:34:08 DR. LEE (CONT'D): Which these obviously have been.

Just saying that in SG-1, it is stated that a lot of the technology only had to be activated by someone with the gene and then could be accessed by all afterwards. *nod nod*

gange57
December 5th, 2008, 09:26 PM
You expect them to remember stuff from way back in S1? You guys are way too demanding. :p

Ltcolshepjumper
December 5th, 2008, 09:29 PM
So they changed things. I've got no problem with that, since the ATA gene thing isn't really a big deal anymore. The problem I have with the Lucius-shield is that he was able to deactivate it and reactivate it without the Ancient gene. That contradicts the whole point of the ATA gene. First, the mere fact that its gene activated technology means that it is operated by those with the gene. Second, it is mentally controlled. So, if the ATA gene works by interfacing with the technology, Lucius still shouldn't have been able to use it, because he lacked the gene necessary to establish a link with the device.

As well, according to the Lucius quote, all someone w/o the gene needs to do is have the device "initiated", or activated for the first time, by someone with the gene, and then anyone can use it? What's the point of that? And a personal shield is not something you want anyone to be able to use. As well, wouldn't an Ancient have already used it 10,000 years prior? They didn't just make it and then discard it. It's all a big PLOTHOLE.

And people getting the gene is not just something minor. Why? Because it was stated in season 1, Hot Zone I believe, that not everyone can recieve it. When everyone suddenly is able to use Ancient technology, you kinda notice.

Oh, and Lorne has had the gene since he first appeared on the show.

Ruffles
December 5th, 2008, 11:00 PM
So much for the writer's bible.

Yeah, I saw that and went, gee, since when can she use the LSD??

Me too. Then I remembered Larrin using it and decided they decided to ignore it. Again.

If I recall correctly, there was a fair amount of criticism regarding Lucius being able to use the shield, and personally I still don't think it makes sense the way they did it.

The ATA gene was a big deal back in S1, and you had to have it to operate certain things. But after that, things kind of fell apart. Ford and Michael being able to fly the jumpers, Lucius and the shield, Teyla and Larrin being able to use the LSDs. I guess the writers just decided to ignore it when it got in the way. Kinda like Teyla's vanishing and reappearing wraith powers.

Exactly. Consistency? What's that?

Since when did Lorne get ATA? Since when did [insert same random guy who used ancient tech here] get ATA? Just because the writers don't fill an entire scene with someone getting jabbed by a needle like with McKay in "Hide and Seek" doesn't mean it didn't happen.That's just unneccessary dialog that the viewer can just fill in when they see previously non-gene people using gene-sensitive stuff!
The collective IQ of the GWF just dropped several points with this topic!

I disagree. Someone like Teyla (been there since the beginning) doesn't suddenly get to start operating Ancient tech without an explanation. Lorne was using the ATA gene from the beginning. The issue is taking something that's canon (you have to have the gene to operate the LSD and pilot the jumper) then toss it in the wind whenever that plot point becomes inconvenient (like with Ford in Siege 3 and Larrin and Teyla).

Radek wasn't using an LSD in Reunion. It was a scanner (for energy signatures) and canon has never stated that needs the gene.

airrick
December 6th, 2008, 02:55 AM
First off it wouldnt be a "plot hole" - people toss this term around an awful lot.. if anything it would just be a minor ding in the characters continuity.. which would only apply if it was impossible for it to be true.. OR something the character does that is absolutely and completely out of character..

in this case it isnt out of character, HOWEVER it is a point of interest for us the viewers because we feel if we hadnt been informed then its inaccurate..

Do we really need an entire episode showing every person on the base getting a shot?

Now, if in any future episodes, or movies, Teyla is unable to operate something due to not having the gene then that would make it even more suspect..

Other than that.. this character continuity issue with Teyla and the gene thingie.. ranks about -4 out of 10 on my scale of "what I care about in SGA".. meaning I dont care about it LOL

Anon
December 6th, 2008, 04:12 AM
you Need the Gene to activate it, but then anybody can use it, like Larrin's ship all Shep had to do was Activate it

JackHarkness_Hot
December 6th, 2008, 07:03 AM
Well it's abit late now but someone should pass a memo around stating what elements of the show needs an ATA gene.

Orion Antreas
December 6th, 2008, 08:37 AM
From "Irresponsible"

McKAY: How is it that you’re able to operate the Ancient technology without the A.T.A. gene?

LUCIUS: Oh, that was easy. All I had to do was find a guy with the gene, have him initiate the device. I mean, it took a long time but, you know, once it was done, I could activate this thing any time I wanted.

This seems to indicate that you don't actually need the ATA gene to use Ancient technology, you just have to have it activated by someone with the gene. Obviously someone with the gene activated Teyla's LSD.

Hmm...Nice. So I was right. :P

GoSpikey
December 6th, 2008, 10:27 AM

HAHA thought you meant LSD the drug at first

Green for the 'Ronon on the Chair' image! :D

WRITE it down. :weiranime22:

Yeah, they should.

Heh, oh well. Thanks for pointing that out.

Too be honest though, Teyla holding the LSD which is appeared to be "activated" is such a minor plot hole that it doesn't bother me.

Well, if it is one, it does sure bother me, because I mostly don't see plot holes, but I did notice this thing. :o

Reiko
December 6th, 2008, 11:17 AM
No, this isn't a plot hole. It's a hole in continuity.

supersoldier34
December 6th, 2008, 12:30 PM
you Need the Gene to activate it, but then anybody can use it, like Larrin's ship all Shep had to do was Activate it

For the ship they needed some special interface/ bypass to use it. They needed Sheppard to activate it and provide the blood or DNA necessary for the ship to function with out someone with the ATA.

DragonLadyK
December 6th, 2008, 04:12 PM

Yeah... but Zelenka has no ATA therapy and he's been using life-signs detectors (they're the same prop as the scanners, they both come out of that little slot in the Jumper) for three years now! (And nobody noticed, which I find interesting. Alas, poor Teyla.)

The best retcon fix I can come up with is that Sheppard told the LSD to turn off, but it turned back on again because Everett had the gene. The Genii commander, on the other hand, didn't have the gene to override John's commands. (Like the doors and Woolsey.)

I know. Retcon. The continuity director on this show needs to be sacked.

DragonLady

Pandora's_Box
December 6th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Am I the only one who didn't think of that LSD upon first reading the title but a different one altogether?

Just me? Good to know....I'll be getting my brain checked soon.

The ATA gene; useful when TPTB need some obstacles to throw in the path of our fearless leaders, but ultimately forgettable when it proves to be a nuisance. Kind of like the Wraith and their super-strength or their universal telepathic abilities.

ha'tak_
December 6th, 2008, 05:43 PM
When Teyla and Ronan were teamed up together Teyla had a life signs detector. When did teyla get the Therapy?

well see had in "BAMSR" in season 4

Pharaoh Atem
December 6th, 2008, 05:45 PM
i would assume it just has to be activated and then anyone can use it

Shpinxinator
December 6th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Who...wha....you....REALLY?

Is this really a discussion?

Just because Tayla didn't have a whole episode devoted to her getting the gene therapy doesn't mean it's a plot hole or rewrite or whatever it means it's good tactics for the whole team to have the gene therapy. I always just assumed she had gotten it a long time ago

Reiko
December 6th, 2008, 05:52 PM
I know. Retcon. The continuity director on this show needs to be sacked.

They don't have one, methinks. :o

jenks
December 6th, 2008, 05:55 PM
As usual, this is a case of people not paying attention to the show rather than a mistake in continuity.

Ltcolshepjumper
December 6th, 2008, 06:11 PM
As usual, this is a case of people not paying attention to the show rather than a mistake in continuity.

How so? The whole point of the ATA gene in the first place was that those without the gene can't operate the technology, even if someone with the gene has already activated it. If gene-activated Ancient tech worked like that, then why is Sheppard the only one operating the Ancient control chair all the time? It is a mistake in continuity. They might as well have jsut given everyone the Ancient gene. That would have avoided the continuity error, while still achieving the same results. You can't go from "Ancient tech cannot be operated by those without the gene" to "Ancient tech can be operated by those without the gene, if someone with the gene activates it first." The entire purpose for the ATA gene goes out the window.

kymeric
December 6th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Since before this episode obviously, that or they modded the LSD detector. Seriously, do u need all the dots connected? Have some inductive logic plz.

jenks
December 6th, 2008, 06:14 PM
How so? The whole point of the ATA gene in the first place was that those without the gene can't operate the technology, even if someone with the gene has already activated it. If gene-activated Ancient tech worked like that, then why is Sheppard the only one operating the Ancient control chair all the time? It is a mistake in continuity. They might as well have jsut given everyone the Ancient gene. That would have avoided the continuity error, while still achieving the same results. You can't go from "Ancient tech cannot be operated by those without the gene" to "Ancient tech can be operated by those without the gene, if someone with the gene activates it first." The entire purpose for the ATA gene goes out the window.

Some technology requires the gene to work, other technology only requires someone with the gene to have initialised it to work, I'm pretty sure this was established as early as the pilot.

Pandora's_Box
December 6th, 2008, 06:47 PM
Teyla is a mutant.

That explains everything.

Killdeer
December 6th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Some technology requires the gene to work, other technology only requires someone with the gene to have initialised it to work, I'm pretty sure this was established as early as the pilot.

That's quite true. However, to my recollection it was pretty firmly established in the first season that both the jumpers and the LSDs fell into the first group, not the second.

syncretic
December 6th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Teyla is a mutant.

That explains everything.

HA. Props to you. :D

Also, people should stop snarking at other people being observant. They're allowed to be nitpicky if they want. And I don't see how this could be people paying attention to little details and not the show itself. How do you notice details if you're not paying attention to the show?

airrick
December 6th, 2008, 08:47 PM
When an episode where something small like this happens and people go up in arms about it then it brings to mind the term "nit-picking".

I mean those one of those things where TPTB assume we just know that if she turns it on then she had the shot. I mean they're tons of things that happen during the course of the show that arent explained in detail because they are just so easily explained away.

Examples: Do we see them eat on every episode? If we dont see them eat during a long period of time do we assume they arent eating? If they eat do we ever need to see them go to the bathroom?
If someones hair changes do we need to see them getting it cut? If they are clean shaven do we wonder where they got the razor from to shave?

Its just pointless because all they had to do is say something along the lines of "Teyla had the shot now she can use the device" then would we have the argument?

It would be totally different if all of a sudden Todd was able to drive a jumper without anyone else in it. It would be different if was able to just walk thru a force field with no explanation. It would be different if McKay could all of a sudden fly like superman.. but Teyla using a piece of equipment that needs the gene to operate.. so minor its like.. are we really discussing it? LOL

DragonLadyK
December 6th, 2008, 08:52 PM
but Teyla using a piece of equipment that needs the gene to operate.. so minor its like.. are we really discussing it? LOL

We are discussing it, and you know why? We're discussing it for the same reason that if you're standing in the library and a book by "David, Peter" is in front of a book by "Abernale, Paul" you switch them. We're discussing it for the same reason that if a jug of milk is sitting in the ice cream freezer you take it back to its buddies in the milk section. We're discussing it for the same reason you put a size 18 dress that's in the size 8 section back where it belongs.

Why? Because it's wrong. ~.^

DragonLady

Replicator Fifth
December 6th, 2008, 09:21 PM

think that happens alot. that happened to "My Hero" a British comedy I love, and the writers contradicted themselves when revealing a new power George Sunday aka Thermal Man (:P) has.

syncretic
December 6th, 2008, 09:31 PM
When an episode where something small like this happens and people go up in arms about it then it brings to mind the term "nit-picking".

I mean those one of those things where TPTB assume we just know that if she turns it on then she had the shot. I mean they're tons of things that happen during the course of the show that arent explained in detail because they are just so easily explained away.

Examples: Do we see them eat on every episode? If we dont see them eat during a long period of time do we assume they arent eating? If they eat do we ever need to see them go to the bathroom?
If someones hair changes do we need to see them getting it cut? If they are clean shaven do we wonder where they got the razor from to shave?

Its just pointless because all they had to do is say something along the lines of "Teyla had the shot now she can use the device" then would we have the argument?

This is a little different because Teyla's never been able to use Ancient technology before, and in five seasons you'd reckon that if she was ABLE to, she would have. You also would think that it wouldn't've taken them five years to get around to actually giving her the shot.

The only possible explanation is that the therapy's been improved and it's now successful in a higher percentage of people, which is something that I think is definitely worth mentioning on-screen. A little more important than shaving, no?

airrick
December 6th, 2008, 11:57 PM
This is a little different because Teyla's never been able to use Ancient technology before, and in five seasons you'd reckon that if she was ABLE to, she would have. You also would think that it wouldn't've taken them five years to get around to actually giving her the shot.

The only possible explanation is that the therapy's been improved and it's now successful in a higher percentage of people, which is something that I think is definitely worth mentioning on-screen. A little more important than shaving, no?

I have seen several discussions on various issues with off screen/on screen information..

The importance of it to me would be based on the actual impact it has on the show.. had they changed the story slightly so Teyla wasnt using the device would we still have reached the same outcome? Probably.. so I would put my best guess out there that TPTB had just thought about it and decided that we are the viewers would just figure it out for ourselves..

I guess I am a rare breed I dont need every detail handed to me, more so when its not important to the outcome of the show..

Had Teyla been using the ultimate gun of death that was the final factor on killing off the ultra deluxe Wraith hybrid and you needed the gene to use it.. then I would probably are more.. that little tracking device.. eh.. not so much LOL

airrick
December 6th, 2008, 11:58 PM
We are discussing it, and you know why?

Why? Because it's wrong. ~.^

DragonLady

Its only wrong because people are wondering if it was corrected on screen or off screen.. for me I would just say.. "Ok it must have been off screen".. is it a detail yes.. is it an IMPORTANT detail.. imho, no. lol

jenks
December 7th, 2008, 05:19 AM
That's quite true. However, to my recollection it was pretty firmly established in the first season that both the jumpers and the LSDs fell into the first group, not the second.

I remember Mallozzi saying that the DHD in the jumper could be used by anyone once initialised, so that if you're proximity to a gate the jumper will go through but after that you'd be unable to pilot it. Probably back tracking because they goofed I know, but at least it's an explanation. Not sure about the LDSs, I can only remember Shep stating that you needed the gene to operate it, maybe he just made a mistake?

Crazedwraith
December 7th, 2008, 06:48 AM
If I recall Siege correct, Sheppard hadn't switched the LSD on before giving it to Everrett. So Everrett was showing that he could activate it. Not that you had to have the gene or it would shut down.

I'm less sure about this but didn't Ford use the LSD in Rising?

Killdeer
December 7th, 2008, 07:03 AM
I'm less sure about this but didn't Ford use the LSD in Rising?

No. I just double checked the transcript to make sure.

Also, in The Eye, Ford made Beckett fly the jumper and use the LSD once they got into Atlantis because he couldn't do it himself. One would assume if it only had to be activated by someone with the ATA gene that he would have had Beckett activate it, then taken it back.

PantheraLeo
December 8th, 2008, 06:32 AM
You expect them to remember stuff from way back in S1? You guys are way too demanding. :p

Well, we're the fans,. We should only expect the best.

g.o.d
December 8th, 2008, 07:39 AM
from the blog of doom and despair:

In the episode that has recently aired “Infection”, does Telya have the ATA gene? If so, since when? Or did Sheppard activate the Life Sign Detector before it was seen?”

Answer:No, she doesn’t have the ATA gene. I believe it was demonstrated in Rising that someone with the gene can’t activate the Ancient life sign detector. I would argue that it’s more than likely the result of an alteration made to the device, something more easily accomplished on something like a life signs detector as opposed to, say, a puddle jumper.

supersoldier34
December 8th, 2008, 10:47 AM

what blog it that?

g.o.d
December 8th, 2008, 11:05 AM
what blog it that?

mallozzi's blog

supersoldier34
December 8th, 2008, 11:05 AM
cool thanks

rick_coppola
December 8th, 2008, 01:18 PM
i think once its activated anyone can use it. Just like the ancient ship, they only needed shepperd to turn it on, then anyone could fly it. Yes i know that they still needed to fix some bugs, but the jist of it is that if its turned on anyone can use it.

supersoldier34
December 8th, 2008, 04:02 PM
i think once its activated anyone can use it. Just like the ancient ship, they only needed shepperd to turn it on, then anyone could fly it. Yes i know that they still needed to fix some bugs, but the jist of it is that if its turned on anyone can use it.

No its been qute clear that you need ATA to run "certain" ancient devices.

This has always been but...

In the episode that has recently aired “Infection”, does Telya have the ATA gene? If so, since when? Or did Sheppard activate the Life Sign Detector before it was seen?”

Answer:No, she doesn’t have the ATA gene. I believe it was demonstrated in Rising that someone with the gene can’t activate the Ancient life sign detector. I would argue that it’s more than likely the result of an alteration made to the device, something more easily accomplished on something like a life signs detector as opposed to, say, a puddle

This is mallozzi's blog. So obviously TPTB goofed and made that lame excuse.

Crazedwraith
December 8th, 2008, 04:07 PM
As noted that an explanation that was used in SG-1 later on. At the beginning of Season 9. In which Doctor Lee states that must have gene to use thing was an early misconception that isn't true.

So Mallozzi isn't wrong. Though he has quoted the wrong episode for the rules establishment.

supersoldier34
December 9th, 2008, 10:04 AM
As noted that an explanation that was used in SG-1 later on. At the beginning of Season 9. In which Doctor Lee states that must have gene to use thing was an early misconception that isn't true.

So Mallozzi isn't wrong. Though he has quoted the wrong episode for the rules establishment.

Which episode?

jelgate
December 9th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Which episode?Avalon Part 2

Killdeer
December 9th, 2008, 02:39 PM

What he actually said was - "like a lot of ancient technology the stones actually just have to be initialized." A lot of ancient technology, not all. It's always been clear that there is still some ancient tech that requires the gene - the chair, the jumpers, and for a long time (several seasons in fact), the LSDs. Even Mallozzi admits to that, although offering out the possibility that they might have been modified. That would be the first we've heard of it, though. And personally I'm in the camp that believes there should have been some mention of that made on screen, if they'd found a way to do it. Off-screen, behind-the-scenes explanations don't work for me very often. :S

Lonely Goldfish
December 9th, 2008, 02:44 PM
I'm just going to say that whatever happened to Her wraith DNA...
I mean does Ancient/Human and Wraith DNA mix :teylaanime08: "The Teyla CONSPIRISY"In the episode the Queen Tayla was on a wraith Hive ship- Now go back all the way to the "first episodes" in season one. When they captured Steve using Wraiths' "ancient detecting device" (Teyla's mother's necklace) You would think some of thoughs are on the Hive Ships.

I know Ronon is not the best canidate for using Ancient Tech. but nor is Teyla ... They should of put let a stand in use the Life Signs Detector.

DragonLadyK
December 9th, 2008, 10:40 PM
I know Ronon is not the best canidate for using Ancient Tech. but nor is Teyla ... They should of put let a stand in use the Life Signs Detector.

Oh. No. You did not just suggest giving up Teyla's screentime to a stand-in, especially screentime where she's doing more than holding up the walls. It's bad enough we lost so much of it to Keller already, we don't need to lose more to some random nobody.

The scanner and the LSD are the same prop. Ergo we can conclude that they are really the same device that has two different functions and that you don't need the ATA gene to use it so long as some gene holder standing nearby isn't telling the thing to turn off. *handwave*

Continuity is far, far less important than Teyla getting to do something cool.

DragonLady

supersoldier34
December 10th, 2008, 10:04 AM
They should have given her Carters mini computer Prop that we saw in S&R because i'm pretty sure that functions as an LSD

supersoldier34
December 10th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Pictures of Sam Carters little human LSD/ scanner From Search and Rescue

spoiler tags for size
http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/albums/atl_season5/501-SearchAndRescue/screencaps/normal_atl_501_034.jpg

Holding it in her hand (look like she's playing a DS

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/albums/atl_season5/501-SearchAndRescue/screencaps/normal_atl_501_041.jpg
There it is again closed

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/albums/atl_season5/501-SearchAndRescue/screencaps/normal_atl_501_044.jpg

There it is Active and has 2 dots (McKay and Lorne) like the LSD has

FallenAngelII
December 10th, 2008, 11:01 AM
From Search and Resce

spoilers for size

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/albums/atl_season5/501-SearchAndRescue/screencaps/normal_atl_501_034.jpg

Holding it in her hand (look like she's playing a DS

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/albums/atl_season5/501-SearchAndRescue/screencaps/normal_atl_501_041.jpg
There it is again closed

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/albums/atl_season5/501-SearchAndRescue/screencaps/normal_atl_501_044.jpg

There it is Active and has 2 dots (McKay and Lorne) like the LSD has

Modified DS? Real life explanation: It's probably just a DS they programmed some homebrew for that looks like an LSD-like thingie.

supersoldier34
December 10th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Looks like a DS when its unused in her hand, but it has a screen on the front. Most likely it's one of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&SubCategory=628&N=2034940628&SpeTabStoreType=3 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&SubCategory=628&N=2034940628&SpeTabStoreType=3)

FallenAngelII
December 10th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Looks like a DS when its unused in her hand, but it has a screen on the front. Most likely it's one of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&SubCategory=628&N=2034940628&SpeTabStoreType=3 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&SubCategory=628&N=2034940628&SpeTabStoreType=3)
Are we sure of that it's not just the angle? That one screen just isn't flipped open and that it's the lower screen we're watching (I can't remember)?

supersoldier34
December 10th, 2008, 11:09 AM
In the Last pic where she's using it there is only one screen on the device.

Crazedwraith
December 10th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Yeah because the other portion is at right angles to the screen, we can only see the top edge.

EDIT: *gets out DS* actually that screen is far too large in comparison to the total width. More likely its some kind of palmtop computer.