• Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Air" (101/102/103) Pre-Airing Discussion/Speculation Thread

Writers: Brad Wright & Robert Cooper
    Director: Andy Mikita

---

Hey guys, long time no see.

Let's see if I can still remember how to do this...

So far, Martin, Carl, and Alan have put out outlines (and I’ve already provided notes on all three), and Rob and Brad have put out the first draft of the opening three-parter, Air, which puts me tied for last place with Paul (who, I’m assuming, is just about finished his pass on our outline for the SGA movie).
    http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...nto-a-routine/

And so it begins. MUAHAHAHAHAHA.
    Last edited by PG15; 31 January 2009, 06:03 PM.

Wouldn't it be wiser to make 3 threads. Remember what happened with Kindred
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Right, well, hopefully they'll air Air as one big movie, or at least the first 2.

That, or maybe we can tell the mods to not move this thread into the episode specific folder until all 3 parts of Air has aired. Airairairairairairairairair.

We'll see. It's still a long ways off...

Comment

The episode is named "Air"? Not very creative, but we'll see what happens.

Comment

It's still the first draft, right? Maybe the title will change... I hope it changes...
          Still, 'Rising' was a simple and effective title for SGA's opener. Maybe 'Air' is a simple and effective title for SGU's opener... somehow.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Great title... heh.

Comment

Oh, it's certainly unexpected. A lot of people, me included, thought it'd be named "Destiny" or some derivative thereof.

Comment

Air, huh? Cool title.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
                K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

At least its not "Destiny".... its bad enough that they called the ship that....

Though I think I would of called the pilot Icarus... Seeing as they are reaching for something they don't fully understand and get burnt by it...
                  A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                    Hey guys, long time no see.

Let's see if I can still remember how to do this...

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...nto-a-routine/

And so it begins. MUAHAHAHAHAHA.
                    Cool, thanks for info!

I rather like the simplicity of the title, it reminds me of the BSG pilot '33'.

sigpic

Comment

Which is pretty funny, since ep 2 of BSG was "Water".

Comment

Why Air though?

Maybe there's little on the ship, and they have to clamber to... find some... more...

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                          Oh, it's certainly unexpected. A lot of people, me included, thought it'd be named "Destiny" or some derivative thereof.
                          Destination Unknown
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
                            Why Air though?

Maybe there's little on the ship, and they have to clamber to... find some... more...
                            or like birds.... they are fledgling and flying out of the nest...

Could mean anything
                            A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
                              At least its not "Destiny".... its bad enough that they called the ship that....

Though I think I would of called the pilot Icarus... Seeing as they are reaching for something they don't fully understand and get burnt by it...
                              Are they though? From everything I've read it sounds like the people who reach the ships don't go there on purpose...

Comment

Working...
                              X