PDA

View Full Version : Thor (Marvel Movie) Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

Madwelshboy
December 3rd, 2008, 06:45 AM
Kevin McKidd, who currently stars on "Grey's Anatomy," told IGN that he's still a contender for the lead role in Marvel Studios' Thor.

The actor, most known for "Journeyman" and "Rome," says there's been "a lot of back and forth" but that nothing has been determined. He acknowledged that Kenneth Branagh is directing it, a choice that makes him even more excited about the film.

Marvel Studios is targeting a July 16, 2010 release for Thor.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7861

MB.Eddie
December 4th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Great actor.

I think he would be well suited to the part.

Madwelshboy
December 14th, 2008, 02:10 AM
MTV got a chance to talk to Valkyrie Kenneth Branagh on Saturday about directing Marvel Studios' upcoming Thor adaptation, scheduled for a July 16, 2010 release. Here's a clip:

So what's the appeal of "Thor," Kenneth? "To work on a story about one of the immortals, Gods, extraordinary beings, inter-dimensional creatures," he enthused.

He continued excitedly, "There's science fiction and science fact and fantasy all woven into one. It's based on Norse legends which Marvel sort of raided in a brilliant way."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7909

The Signal
December 14th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Ken's a bloody brilliant director - if anyone can pull off something of this scale, it's him.

the fifth man
December 14th, 2008, 06:18 PM
Ken's a bloody brilliant director - if anyone can pull off something of this scale, it's him.

I totally agree. I look forward to how they will pull off this film.

jenks
December 14th, 2008, 10:14 PM
Or fail, miserably.

nx01a
December 16th, 2008, 09:33 AM
He's definitely brilliant when dealing with romantic comedies or Shakespearean adaptations... but I'm skeptical about him pulling off something that must involve massive cgi-enhanced battle sequences and magic hammers.

the fifth man
December 16th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Or fail, miserably.

As usual, I choose to be optimistic about this.:)

Madwelshboy
December 22nd, 2008, 09:32 AM
Branagh confirms 'Thor' rumours
Monday, December 22 2008, 13:50 GMT

By Lara Martin

Kenneth Branagh has confirmed that he will direct new comic book movie Thor, reports WENN.

The Valkyrie star, who was linked with the director's job earlier in the year, has reportedly now completed negotiations with Marvel.

"We're getting the story and visual effects together and all of that is very exciting," he said.

Thor tells the story of a disabled medical student whose alter ego is the Norse god of thunder Thor.

Earlier this month Daniel Craig denied rumours that he had been approached to play the title character. Other names linked to the role include Kevin McKidd and WWE wrestler Triple H.

Branagh's previous directing credits include Frankenstein, Hamlet and last year's Sleuth.

Thor is scheduled for release on June 10, 2010.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a139098/branagh-confirms-thor-rumours.html

the fifth man
December 22nd, 2008, 06:56 PM
Triple H as Thor? That would be interesting.

jenks
December 23rd, 2008, 12:54 PM
Triple H as Thor? That would be interesting.

I can't find the words to express how I feel about this comment.

the fifth man
December 23rd, 2008, 05:26 PM
I can't find the words to express how I feel about this comment.

Good or bad? Because honestly, when I said interesting, that is all I really meant. I don't know if he could pull it off, or be horrible.

Madwelshboy
January 4th, 2009, 12:31 AM
New Thor Character Rumor

How exactly does Marvel's God of Thunder Thor come to earth in preparation for The Avengers? IESB.net might have the answer. The site says:

A reliable source tells the IESB that the character of Donald Blake has been added to the end of the script. Let me reiterate that he wasn't there before, the script was set entirely in the land of the Norse Gods.

The introduction of the character is essential to how Marvel will tie Thor into the Avengers that is set in contemporary Tony Stark/Hulk timeframe. It explains how the actual Thor film will be set in the ancient time of the Norse Gods and how they will subsequently bring the character into a modern time with Donald Blake discovering the magical Norse hammer Mjolnir and turning into Thor.

The site adds that Thor director Kenneth Branagh will have an acting part in the film as well.

Thor is coming to theaters on July 16, 2010 and The Avengers a year later on July 15, 2011.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=7949

the fifth man
January 6th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Very interesting. Thanks for posting that, Madwelshboy.:)

Madwelshboy
February 6th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Marvel Pair Discuss Branagh

UK, February 5, 2009 - Two of the big guns from Marvel Publishing spoke publically via Twitter this week about their thoughts on the Thor movie and director Kenneth Branagh.

Marvel Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada was chatting to Brian Michael Bendis (co-creator of the Ultimate Marvel Universe) about a meeting he had with the helmer about the movie.

"Okay, three words describe my day today 'Branagh gets it!' said Quesada. He later responded to a comment: "Sweet is when [Branagh] starts quoting continuity and past storylines...The man has immersed himself in Marvel."

Quesada doesn't say what the meeting was about, but the news should please fans worried about the British thesp's knowledge of the comic universe, and also seems to indicate the close ties these giants of the Marvel publishing world have with their movie studio counterparts.

Indeed talk of "past storylines" and "continuity" seems to indicate Quesada has been bought onboard to help integrate the film into the rest of the Marvel universe.

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/951/951433p1.html

the fifth man
February 7th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Well, that seems like good news to me.

Replicator Todd
February 8th, 2009, 08:24 AM
I wouldn't like Triple H as Thor, he sound like some superhero on his own. I wonder if SHEILD will make another appearnce in this Marvel movie. But then agian, I remember SHEILD had nothing to do with Thor unitl The Avengers was formed.

Bey0nd
February 9th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Kevin McKidd he's too small, wrong physique

Height: 6'

You need somebody built like a Wrestler, unfortunately most of these people are numbskull actors

the fifth man
February 9th, 2009, 06:29 PM
I don't know, he could do a good job.

nx01a
February 9th, 2009, 06:37 PM
As Donald Blake, perhaps.

February 10th, 2009, 12:52 AM
I wouldn't like Triple H as Thor, he sound like some superhero on his own. I wonder if SHEILD will make another appearnce in this Marvel movie. But then agian, I remember SHEILD had nothing to do with Thor unitl The Avengers was formed.

as far as i know this movie is set entirely in asgard, before thor comes to earth

Madwelshboy
February 10th, 2009, 01:06 AM
as far as i know this movie is set entirely in asgard, before thor comes to earth

Almost about 98% of the film is set in asgard with the final 2% likely just a scene or to set on Earth.

February 10th, 2009, 01:21 AM
Almost about 98% of the film is set in asgard with the final 2% likely just a scene or to set on Earth.

that's kind of what i expected.

nx01a
February 10th, 2009, 08:46 AM
So... Thor 1 will be 300, and Thor 2/Avengers will be Hulk: 'lame' man transforms into powerful being.

the fifth man
February 10th, 2009, 07:03 PM

That should be interesting.

Madwelshboy
February 19th, 2009, 06:21 AM
Marvel begins search for 'Thor' star
Thursday, February 19 2009, 14:52 GMT

By Simon Reynolds, Movies Editor

Marvel and Paramount are pressing ahead with plans to turn comic book Thor into a movie.

According to Coming Attractions, a casting notice has been released by producers asking for an actor in his 20s to portray the eponymous god of thunder, described as "physically powerful, very handsome, occasionally egotistical, petulant and wild".

Daniel Craig, Kevin McKidd and WWE wrestler Triple H have all been rumoured for the role of Donald Blake, a partially disabled doctor who becomes the hammer-wielding hero.

Thor will begin filming in July under the direction of Kenneth Branagh. It is expected to arrive in cinemas on July 16, 2010.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a147208/marvel-begins-search-for-thor-star.html

the fifth man
February 21st, 2009, 07:34 PM
I can't wait until they cast someone. Then things will get interesting.

Madwelshboy
February 26th, 2009, 12:23 AM
Jackson Signs Nine-Picture Deal to Play Nick Fury!
Source:The Hollywood Reporter, Variety February 25, 2009

Samuel L. Jackson has buried the hatchet with Marvel Entertainment, making a deal to play the role of Nick Fury in Iron Man 2, and potentially many other films.

Jackson's deal is a long-term commitment to play Fury, the leader of the espionage unit S.H.I.E.L.D. His deal contains an option to play the character in nine future Marvel superhero films, efforts that are expected to include The First Avenger: Captain America, Thor, The Avengers, toplining a possible S.H.I.E.L.D. movie, and potential sequels.

Jackson introduced Fury in the closing moments of Iron Man, when the character asked Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark to join his group

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ir...ws.php?id=8118

Madwelshboy
March 2nd, 2009, 12:09 AM
James Preston Rogers wants a shot at the role of Thor!

In the contest to play the strongman Norse superhero in the upcoming Marvel Studios movie Thor, Canadian James Preston Rogers' name is being mentioned alongside big-name stars like Brad Pitt, Gerard Butler and Karl Urban.
You probably have never heard of James Preston Rogers, but at 6-foot-6, Rogers clearly towers above the competition. The former doorman/bouncer, who's only been acting for three years, is in the running in part thanks to a growing Internet campaign on MySpace, Facebook, petitiononline.com, IMDb and YouTube.

"The thing about Thor, he's probably going to be one of the most complete roles I'll ever get being 6-foot-six. It's probably the closest to (playing) Hamlet I'll ever get," Rogers joked in an interview with the Toronto Star(news paper)

With his blue eyes, blond hair and a well-muscled frame, Rogers agent Claire Sim noted: "Honestly, you can't beat James as Thor. He's got all the physical aspects. I think Marvel could make some money even if they use a (relative) unknown."

With actor Kenneth Branagh on board as director and a tentative July 2010 release date, Sim (JPR's agent) has been busily courting the studio(Marvel) for the past ten months and believes Rogers has a realistic chance of landing the role.

You might have seen James in the movie 'Outlander', a sci-fi Viking flick starring James Caviezel and Ron Perlman. "I had the time of my life riding a horse, swinging an axe," said Rogers, who plays Bjorn. "So you trade the axe in for a hammer and it seems like a perfect fit for me."

It's been a slow rise for Rogers, 36, who got his first role as a wrestler in a Mr. Big commercial that ran nationally without having a headshot or an agent.
Since then, Sim said, Rogers has gotten successively bigger and better roles, working alongside actors like Tom Selleck in 2007's Sea Change and Rogers recently filmed a part in Defendor, starring Woody Harrelson and Sandra Oh, which was shot in Toronto last fall.
Yesterday, Rogers learned he's got an audition for the upcoming U.S. television series, Spartacus, set to film in New Zealand.

Rogers said he also turned down a lucrative contract with World Wrestling Entertainment.

"The thing about wrestling for me is that it got down to playing just one role. I kind of gave up the fame and fortune to do what I wanted to

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MARVELMANIACS/news/?a=6428

Espeon1962
March 7th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Thor and the Silver Surfer were two of my all time favorite Marvel characters (along with the mad god "Michael") and I have high hopes for the movie. Certainly Iron Man exceeded all my expectations, so we shall see. I think they should also try to introduce Wonder Man or someone similar - I recall he was part of the Avengers (where are those old comics when I need them).

I would not want to see Triple H as Thor. It would like bring the movie down to the level of Arnold in Conan the Barbarian. I have my sights set higher then that.

kennythewraith
March 11th, 2009, 01:01 PM
some casting rumors
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Is-Branagh-Interviewing-Actors-To-Play-Thor-12297.html

http://movies.ign.com/articles/960/960823p1.html

Madwelshboy
March 12th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Hartnett, Skarsgård touted for 'Thor'
Wednesday, March 11 2009, 19:04 GMT

Josh Hartnett and Alexander Skarsgård have been linked with roles in Kenneth Branagh's Thor movie.

According to IESB.net, Hartnett is interested in taking on the role of villain Loki in the Marvel adaptation after seeing Heath Ledger's success as The Joker in The Dark Knight.

Loki is based on the Norse god of mischief who regularly battles his adoptive brother Thor in the Marvel comic series.

In addition, Alexander Skarsgård is the latest name to be linked to the title role. The True Blood actor, who is the son of Mamma Mia! star Stellan Skarsgård, is reportedly the frontrunner to land the coveted part ahead of Channing Tatum.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a149295/hartnett-skarsgard-touted-for-thor.html

Madwelshboy
March 13th, 2009, 05:29 AM
Marvel pushes back 'Thor', 'Avengers'
Friday, March 13 2009, 06:10 GMT

Marvel has delayed its superhero blockbusters Thor and The Avengers by a year, says The Hollywood Reporter.

Thor's new release date is June 17, 2011, moved from July 16, 2010, while The Avengers is now on course for a May 4, 2012 arrival having been originally planned for July 15, 2011.

Marvel Studios chairman David Maisel said that the change of dates are in order to space out the release of their solo superhero movies before uniting the characters for ensemble film The Avengers.

"[It] maximizes the visibility of our single-character-focused films, leading to the highly anticipated release of the multi-character The Avengers film in 2012," he explained.

Initial plans would have seen two Marvel movies out in 2010 (Iron Man 2 and Thor) and three the following year (The First Avenger: Captain America, Spider-Man 4 and The Avengers).

Captain America has also been shifted back two months to July 22, 2011, with Spider-Man 4 slotting into its old May 6 release date.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a149440/marvel-pushes-back-thor-avengers.html

Madwelshboy
March 17th, 2009, 01:30 AM
Josh Hartnett, Natalie Portman and a new release date for THOR!!

These kind of stories would usually fall into the rumor category but not only has Nikki Finke been spot on about some scoops at Marvel for a good number of weeks now (Rourke, Johansson, Jackson in IRON MAN 2) but these reports are very much in line from what I’ve been hearing personally and from other sites.

First up, it’s reported that Natalie Portman is Kenneth Branagh’s first choice to play the lead female role, probably the love interest Amora the Enchantress…

For the lead role of THOR, the following actors are said to have screentested…

Josh Hartnett - Kenneth Branagh who is a close personal friend of Hartnett and was impressed by his performance in Othello on stage in London has made it clear he wants Hartnett in the picture either as THOR or the villain LOKI.

Physically, he most definitely suits the latter and at this point it looks like he will play the villain part. Some heads at Marvel wanted him to play the lead THOR because of his name status, though I say it’s been a while since Harnett has been a Marquee figure.

Alexander Skarsgård - 6?4 son of veteran actor Stellan and star of GENERATION KILL and TRUE BLOOD. We spoke about the dinner meeting he had with Branagh

Tom Hiddelston, British actor who worked with Branagh on the t.v. series WALLANDER recently. He is a 27 year old London born actor who has yet to appear in a feature film. Must be seen as an outsider choice.

Charlie Hunnam, Newcastle born 28 year old actor who is the co-star of the U.S. series SONS OF ARNACHY. He has appeared in CHILDREN OF MEN and HOOLIGANS.

Liam Hemsworth, the younger brother of Chris Hemsworth (who is playing Kirk’s father in flashback scenes in STAR TREK) and is an alumni of Neighbours. He has recently appeared in KNOWING and has been offered a signifciant role in THE EXPENDABLES after Stallone was impressed by the kids tape reel.

Joel Kinnaman, Sweedish American actor who has been in the game for about six years

From the looks of them, only Skarsgård fills me with much hope and I’m glad to hear that he has screen tested for the role. I think they are probably right to cast an unknown in this part but the thought of Natalie Portman and Josh Hartnett stinking up the screen is just panic inducing.

They are exactly the kind of actors I feared would jump on board once Branagh was hired to direct, they are most definitely his kind of actors.

In a further update, Marvel for the second time in a week have changed the release date of the picture. THOR will now open on May 20th, 2011 instead of June 16th, 2011 moving away just slightly further from THE FIRST AVENGER: CAPTAIN AMERICA which opens on July 22nd.

SPIDER-MAN 4 will kick off Marvel’s year in 2011, opening May 6th and with TRANSFORMERS and HARRY POTTER installments coming in July of that month, any chance of THE DARK KNIGHT sequel coming that year must have truly vanished now.

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/thor/josh-hartnett-natalie-portman-and-a-new-release-date-for-thor.php

Madwelshboy
March 26th, 2009, 02:37 AM
Branagh & Thor Are Team Players For Marvel

Kenneth Branagh, the director for the upcoming Marvel film Thor, is proving why he’s the perfect choice for the gig.

MTV News spoke with Marvel Editor-in-Chief Joe Quesada and they spent time discussing Branagh and how well he is playing into the bigger picture of the Marvel universe and their intertwining stories.

“[Branagh] understood that there was this very, very big tapestry of the Marvel movies… There’s continuity within the movies and he really wanted to play within that and wanted it to be part of the other movies.”

Unlike Nolan and his stance on keeping his Batman away from the rest of the DC Universe and their movies, Branagh is a team player and is working towards the Marvel films designed as a connected family of movies leading up to the ultimate team-up movie in The Avengers.

“He was really, really loving the interconnectivity between all of these characters,” said Quesada, “and even thinking ahead as to how does ‘Thor’ interrelate with the ‘Iron Man’ movies. How will he interrelate with the Avengers movies, and how do we set these things up.”

Branagh wrote, directed and acted in several Shakespeare films such as Much Ado About Nothing, Love’s Labour’s Lost and Henry V. Needless to say, he’s extremely talented and his background perfectly suits him to helm the Thor movie.

I’m very excited for this Marvel film, maybe even slightly more than some of the other films on Marvel’s release schedule. I believe Branagh will do this film justice and will help set the stage for The Avengers and hopefully more sequels and team-up films down the road.

On another positive note, it sounds like they may be getting close to casting the lead role for this film.

Thor opens in theaters at its new later date of June 17, 2011.

http://screenrant.com/kenneth-branagh-awesome-rob-6247/

the fifth man
March 28th, 2009, 07:14 PM
I can't wait until they cast Thor.

rramarr
March 28th, 2009, 10:58 PM
Thor has got to look tough and rugged not pretty boyish and commercial like some Joss Whedon production - or Josh Freidman production as far as new Aaron Spelling producer teeny types.

the fifth man
March 29th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Thor has got to look tough and rugged not pretty boyish and commercial like some Joss Whedon production - or Josh Freidman production as far as new Aaron Spelling producer teeny types.

I agree. Thor should definitely have a tough and rugged look.

Madwelshboy
April 7th, 2009, 06:39 AM
G.I. Thor No More

He told MTV news that he is no longer in the running for the role of the Norse Nutjob..

“I think they’re looking for someone more Nordic-looking,” Tatum said during a press event for his new film, “Fighting.” However, Tatum confirmed that he had indeed been interested in the part, and even met with director Kenneth Branagh about donning the golden locks and toting the mythical hammer.

Ever since Marvel released a public casting-call for “Thor” earlier this year, a number of names have been linked to the role including, most persistently, that of Alexander Skarsgard who certainly matches the “Nordic-looking” requirement. Tatum had no knowledge as to whether Skargard (or anyone else, for that matter) has been offered the role.

Barring an announcement of the lead, work on “Thor” is still certainly moving forward — at least as far as casting rumors would suggest. Last month saw a casting rumor that Natalie Portman had joined the “Thor” lineup, as well as the rumored-casting of Josh Hartnett as lead-villian Loki.

The film also received a release date delay of nearly a year, to June 17, 2011. The updated release gives Branagh a good bit more breathing room and allows him to work in tangent with other directors as Marvel maps out its filmic universe.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=6911

nx01a
April 7th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Natalie Portman?! Wonderful! I've always loved her acting and choice of movies. I hope she's in Thor... but as who?
As for Alexander Skarsgård... He certainly looks the part. Add about 50 pounds of muscle, we're all set.

Madwelshboy
April 7th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Natalie Portman?! Wonderful! I've always loved her acting and choice of movies. I hope she's in Thor... but as who?
As for Alexander Skarsgård... He certainly looks the part. Add about 50 pounds of muscle, we're all set.

Amora the Enchantress, so reports say.

Madwelshboy
April 8th, 2009, 12:20 AM
The Search for Thor Slowing Down

ReelzChannel recently reported that the amazing director of the upcoming Thor movie, Kennth Branagh, is going to take a little bit longer in his casting for the God of Thunder and his supporting cast.

Channing Tatum was thought to be in the running, but he has officially been removed from consideration. Tatum told MTV that, while he did meet with Branagh about the role, he is no longer a candidate. "I think they're looking for someone more Nordic-looking."

With the release date pushed back till 2011 Branagh will have plenty of time to make the correct choice for the Son of Odin. My money for Thor is on Karl Urban.

Maybe this will give Branagh the opportunity to realize that he doesn't need an actor to play Loki, since he himself is perfect for the role.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/OnlyZodKnowsWhy/news/?a=6935

Madwelshboy
April 22nd, 2009, 09:15 AM
Thor Casting Update: Charlie Hunnam

Sounds like IGN caught up with Sons of Anarchy star Charlie Hunnam at the premiere for Mutant Chronicles, starring Hunnam's Anarchy co-star Ron Perlman. Charlie was asked about the recent report that he was up for the lead role in Marvel's Thor movie.

Hunnam confirmed that he has screen tested for the part and when asked if the screen test consisted of wearing a pointy helmet and running around with a large Hammer, Hunnam replied, "Something like that."

Hunnam could not confirm that he has indeed landed the role but says that his agents have been talking back and forth with Marvel. Hunnam thinks that since Marvel pushed back the start date of Thor a couple months the studio is taking there time searching for the perfect actor to fill the God of Thunders boots.

Hunnam's credits include the films Children of Men, Cold Mountain, Nicholas Nickleby, and the TV series Undeclared and Queer as Folk

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LetsCutTheBS/news/?a=7098

Madwelshboy
April 29th, 2009, 10:21 AM
James Preston Rogers Makes His Case For Thor

We get to hear straight from the actors mouth on why he should play The God of Thunder.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LetsCutTheBS/news/?a=7183

Spimman
April 29th, 2009, 10:26 AM
[B]My money for Thor is on Karl Urban.
Good choice, he would play that part well.

Artha O'neill
May 1st, 2009, 08:35 AM
Director Kenneth Branagh told IGN (http://movies.ign.com/articles/978/978235p1.html) a little bit about his work on the Asgardian project. "We're having a great time at the moment. We're in intense pre-production," Branagh said. "I shoot 'Thor' in January of next year and because the time of release has been moved, it's allowed me to have a moment in the summer where I can shoot the Wallanders ... and, strangely, there's a weird, pleasing connection between the Swedish Wallander and the Nordic Thor. And as I've played a lot of Danish Hamlets, I feel as though my Scandinavian trilogy is forming. Tom Hiddleston is a great actor and he, amongst a number of others, has been part of the group we've spoken to and all that's still a work in progress."

I'm glad things are going well!

Madwelshboy
May 6th, 2009, 01:33 AM
Marvel Studios Chief Teases ‘Thor’ Casting Announcements, Updates ‘The Avengers’ Status!

As the president of production, Feige is bound to know a thing or two about where the comic book films are headed — and he’s proving it with some recent updates on “Thor” and “The Avengers.”

“We will probably be having cast announcements in the next month or so on ‘Thor,’” Feige told Empire Online of the hammer-wielding superhero’s upcoming movie. “We’re looking to cast Loki and Odin soon, and the main female role.”

Rumors have circulated for months that Josh Hartnett is the frontrunner for Loki, while Natalie Portman is being courted for the still unidentified female lead — so it’s nice to hear that we’ll know just how true those reports are in a matter of weeks.

Feige also confirmed yesterday’s statement from Kenneth Branagh that filming on “Thor” will begin early next year. The Marvel chief has nothing but kind words for Branagh, who he says is already hard at work on the film.

“Branagh’s here, we’re prepping, and he’s putting together some spectacular animatics already for our first action scene,” Feige said. “We’re digging into the second and third now, and we are just embarking on a rewrite of the draft.”

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=7335

Madwelshboy
May 12th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Thor Casting is in the Final Stages

Thor director Kenneth Branagh dropped by the MTV studios and was asked about the casting of the title role.

"We're down to the final stages of it," Branagh said. "The reason one has to be properly diplomatic, is simply that some talented peopled have been patient, kind, creative and really committed to working with us in this process."

He added that "My reluctance to say anything about it is simply out of respect for people who have been extremely respectful of us. That said, I think we are extremely close and I hope to announce a decision sooner rather than later."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/thornews.php?id=8328

the fifth man
May 12th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Thor Casting is in the Final Stages

Thor director Kenneth Branagh dropped by the MTV studios and was asked about the casting of the title role.

"We're down to the final stages of it," Branagh said. "The reason one has to be properly diplomatic, is simply that some talented peopled have been patient, kind, creative and really committed to working with us in this process."

He added that "My reluctance to say anything about it is simply out of respect for people who have been extremely respectful of us. That said, I think we are extremely close and I hope to announce a decision sooner rather than later."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/thornews.php?id=8328

I sure hope that is the case.

Madwelshboy
May 17th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Star Trek's Chris Hemsworth will play Thor, star in Red Dawn

Deadline Hollywood reported that Star Trek's Chris Hemsworth has won the title role in Kenneth Branagh's Thor, with the approval of Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige.

Hemsworth—who played James Kirk's father, George, in J.J. Abrams' hit Trek—has also been cast in the lead role of Jed Eckert in director Dan Bradley's Red Dawn remake, taking the role that Patrick Swayze played in the original, a source confirmed for SCI FI Wire. He will do that film before taking on Thor, our source said.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/05/star-treks-chris-hemswort.php

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/THOR-01cover-CMYKcrop.jpg http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/chris-hemsworth.jpg

the fifth man
May 17th, 2009, 06:43 PM
Hmmm, interesting choice. Definitely didn't see that one coming.

Madwelshboy
May 18th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Tom Hiddleston To Play Loki in Thor Movie

According to Deadline Hollywood Daily, the part of Loki has gone to Tom Hiddleston, an award-winning British actor and Royal Academy Of Dramatic Arts (RADA) graduate. He played Winston Churchill's son in HBO's "The Gathering Storm" and has starred in "Ivanov" opposite Branagh on the London stage and also starred with him in the BBC miniseries "Wallander."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=7588

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/thor_loki-1.jpg http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/arts-graphics-2008_1131246a.jpg

nx01a
May 18th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Definitely interesting choices. Some shoulder length hair should do wonders in transforming Mr. Kirk into god Thor. :D
Hiddleston looks like Sylvester McCoy... Well, to me he does.
http://www-tc.pbs.org/wgbh/masterpiece/missaustenregrets/images/char_lg_plumptree.jpg

Madwelshboy
May 20th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Marvel Confirms Loki Actor, but why not Thor?

As earlier reported Marvel has made Hiddleston official as Loki but why no word on Chris Hemsworth as Thor?

So, Loki is officially locked in — and that’s the good news. But what about Hemsworth as Thor?

Reports have come in that the “Star Trek” actor was in the final stages of negotiations to play the Norse God, but there’s still no word from Marvel themselves.

Of course, it may be that his contract is just a bit more hairy than Hiddleston's and its taking more time. Whoever assumes the winged helmet of Thor will need to commit to “The Avengers” at the very least. Given that, Hemsworth could be knee-deep in a bureaucratic battle of contract negotiations...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=7603

Madwelshboy
May 28th, 2009, 07:01 AM
More Asgardians for Thor Movie

Thanks to Twitter we have learned that Clifton Collins Jr. may be joining the cast of Thor

Well in the last twenty four hours or so the actor posted two messages on Twitter.

First: "Studying my ass off for THOR, gonna be a late night,
well worth the loss of sleep!"

Second: "...hitting THOR hard this mornin!"

Nothing confirmed by Branagh or the studio but what Clifton is implying is that the audition he has got is a little bit bigger then just a Asgardian Guard

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/CarnageReport/news/?a=7717

Madwelshboy
May 31st, 2009, 12:58 AM
Ashley Miller and Tom Hiddleston on Thor!

CineFOOLS has posted a great interview with Thor co-writer Ashley Miller talking about the Marvel Studios comic book adaptation. Here's a cool excerpt from the article:

Not in the sense that you'd want to see a generic "dark" take on Thor, but in the sense that you want to feel Thor's rage when he rages. You want to see him fight like hell, and take as much he dishes out -- maybe more. You want to have a visceral reaction to the guy, and what happens to him. You don't want his adventures to be clean and antiseptic. You want to see the dirt, and grime and blood. You want to feel every bone crunching moment of every fight. And when he unleashes the storm, you want to feel like you're seeing the power of a GOD at work.

The Daily Mail talked to Tom Hiddleston about playing the villain, Loki. Check out these bits...

'Loki's like a comic book version of Edmund in King Lear, but nastier,' Tom observed.

How much nastier? 'Well, Loki's skilled in black magic and scorcery. He's a shape-shifter and has all sorts of super powers from the dark arts. He can turn clouds into dragons, things like that.'

Between now and January, when Thor begins shooting, Tom has to keep himself fit and healthy.

'Ken wants Loki to have a lean and hungry look, like Cassius in Julius Caesar. Physically, he can't be posing as Thor.'

Thor is scheduled for a May 20, 2011 release.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/thornews.php?id=8375

Garovorkin
May 31st, 2009, 11:06 AM
This is film Im am looking forward to.

Madwelshboy
June 1st, 2009, 11:21 AM
Thor screenwriter reveals how the character will fit into the Marvel movie universe...

“Our script is very firmly rooted in the Marvel film world. We were constantly looking for ways to connect Thor to the other movies and heroes, even if they were simply in passing. Part of grounding Thor in the world is grounding him in the specific, fictional world he inhabits. How many of those references and connections make it to the final product are beyond our control, but they are everywhere.”

"I’m not sure I accept the distinction between 'fantasy' and 'comic book'. Thor’ is a comic book film in that it’s based on the Marvel conception of the character as super-hero. But there are definitely some big fantasy elements working behind that. He is the God of Thunder, after all. It’s hard to approach the character without both of those things informing the work."

"Thor’s powers are godly, yes. And his zip code is a little different,” Miller continued. “But at the end of the day, he’s a man. In the comics, Odin sends him to Earth because he’s not perfect. He’s brash, arrogant. Even over-confident. We all know that guy — some of us have even been that guy. Stan Lee’s genius was to give Thor-as-hero an emotional throughline we could all relate to, and knock him down a couple of pegs … The challenge is to dramatize that and make the audience see what the fans have known and believed about the character all along.”

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=7779

Madwelshboy
June 2nd, 2009, 09:01 AM
Hawk Man Cast as Odin in Thor Movie?

Known for his loud form of sing-song "acting," the ultimate british blow-hard, Brian Blessed, is reportedly being looked at to play Thor's daddy. You probably know him best as the King of the Hawk men from Flash Gordon.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/thor/news/?a=7801

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/200px-Odin_002.jpg http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/blessed-1.jpg

nx01a
June 2nd, 2009, 02:18 PM
That guy's still alive?! Seems like a good fit for Odin.

Madwelshboy
June 3rd, 2009, 07:07 AM
Marvel Movie Logos & Titles Revealed

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/1040L.jpg

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/comic_news/news/?a=7804

nx01a
June 3rd, 2009, 01:36 PM
None of that ridiculous X-Men logo rebranding that happened for X-Men 1. Good.

June 4th, 2009, 03:57 AM
That guy's still alive?! Seems like a good fit for Odin.

yeah look him up on youtube!

Madwelshboy
June 4th, 2009, 08:01 AM
Branagh Lets Us In On What Source Will Inspire His Take On Thor

Still no official confirmation from Marvel on whether or not Chris Hemsworth has gotten the lead role of Thor in Kevin Branagh's version of the Norse God of Thunder. There is also one other untied loose end of the project as well, what type of Thor movie are we going to get? Are we on Earth, are we not? Back in January the rumor mill spit out that Thor's alter ego had been cast stirring up the pot that this Thor movie would be grounded on Earth. In the below interview with Kenneth Branagh, he is asked what Thor stories are inspiring his take on the upcoming Thor movie and just who are the comic creators that are giving him advice.

“I think that ('Thor' comics) go through golden patches and purple patches and everyone has personal favorites,” Branagh told MTV News. “The recent runs have been marvelous. The J. Michael Straczynski run has been a tremendous achievement.”

“But I've also been reading way back, reading classic, vintage runs as well,” states Branagh. “There are many Thors and many accounts of the stories across nearly 50 years of the comics. We look to raid from the best.”

How has Branagh reacted to the help he has received from the Marvel Thor experts. Branagh states:

“A lot of the job up to this point has been listening to people who know more and better than I,” states Branagh. “I have a very strong view of how to approach it myself, but I'm still listening and learning happily.”

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LetsCutTheBS/news/?a=7827

Madwelshboy
June 4th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Clifton Collins Jr Eyes Up A Part In "Thor"

Apparently Collins Jr. kicked off online speculation last week when he posted a series of updates on Twitter that seemed to indicate some involvement with Marvel’s live-action “Thor” movie.

But after a chat with MTV he has confirmed that something is indeed in the mix..

“I had a little meeting. I think I can say that much,” Collins told MTV News when asked if he auditioned for a “Thor” role. “['Thor' director] Kenneth Branagh is a bad-ass. I’ve been a fan of his as an actor and I know he’s gonna be amazing as a director for this piece.”

“Believe me, I’m itching to say all kinds of stuff,” he added.

He doesnt go into much detail, but hes certainly enthusiastic about the project..

“It’s going to be a beautiful thing, I’m sure,” said Collins. “It’s an amazing comic book. If you grew up reading these comic books, he was definitely a bad-ass, that guy.”

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=7834

nx01a
June 5th, 2009, 02:51 PM
I'd love to see the origin story of Thor/Dr. Blake in the first movie [+ Loki, - Stone Men from Saturn :)] as a buildup to a Walt Simonson era-type Thor epic quest.

Clifton Collins Jr looks kinda Donald Blake-y.

the fifth man
June 5th, 2009, 06:46 PM
This movie really should kick some serious a**!:D

Madwelshboy
June 8th, 2009, 06:50 AM
More Marvel Movie Info From Kevin Feige! - On "Thor"

Feige confirmed that Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston were OFFICIALLY cast in Thor. He spoke very highly about both actors, but focused more on Hiddleston, who plays the villain Loki. Feige explained that finding a classic villain that could be sustained over the course of many films and provide the hero with a challenge while also being a mirror of that hero himself was very tough. "Loki has those aspects." He also did say that Thor takes place on both modern Earth and other worlds like Asgard, confirming what we heard the other day about Donald Blake NOT being a part of the story and the setting be primarily Earth. And lastly, he said that director Kenneth Branagh would not let them use any classic Shakespearian dialogue like was often used in the comics. Sounds pretty Ultimate to me!

We know that Iron Man 2 is up next, then Thor, then Captain America, then The Avengers in the summer of 2012. Feige said that they're "ordered this way for a reason." And confirmed that Samuel Jackson and Scarlett Johansson as well as Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston are signed on for multiple movies or "multiple franchises," further extending that hint that Loki will be a villain who shows up quite often. Feige kept saying often that he'd love for audiences to have the same experience that comic book readers have - where characters make surprise appearances almost out of nowhere in issues they pick up.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=7876

Madwelshboy
June 18th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Joe Quesada Talks "Thor" And "Iron Man 2"

On Quesadas blog Cup O' Joe this week, the Marvel head honcho talks about a meeting he had with Kenneth Branagh and John Favreu's take on "Iron Man 2"

The first story is about Kenneth Branagh and how he gave him a "three hour pitch" for the Thor movie.

"We had one big creative meeting with the Marvel Creative Committee, which now works on all of our movies and I have the honor to be a part of. We sat with Kenneth and discussed the "Thor" movie and the overarching story of what that's going to be, just to give our input before anything was put down to paper by screenwriters.

And it was one of the highlights of my time here at Marvel because not only did Branagh sit there and give you the story beat for beat, he and [Marvel Studios head] Kevin Feige formed a great team. It was performance art. Kevin would give us the establishment of the shot and the situation: "Here we are. We're in (take your pick of location). And here's Odin and he’s coming up to (pick a character)." And then Kenneth would come in and give you the color commentary. "Odin has an air of majesty to him" and he'd act out the Odin part or the Thor part. So we sat there and literally got a three-hour one-man show from Kenneth Branagh. It was fantastic. People pay a lot of money for that kind of performance by one of the world’s greatest living actors."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=8014

Madwelshboy
June 18th, 2009, 07:28 AM
More From Joe Quesada On "Thor"

Describing Branagh as “very Shakespearean,” Quesada said that the “Thor” director had a phenomenal grasp on the characters of Thor, Loki, Odin and the rest of the film’s cast.

“He’s definitely about character, which is the quintessential trait you have to have to understand the Marvel characters,” he said. “It’s not just big hammers and capes and things like that. It’s about what makes the character tick. There’s definitely a reason for Thor, a reason for him being and a very deep family relationship and story in the movie that I think is going to be very cool.”

Quesada also addressed some of the fears associated with “Thor” — namely, is an old English-speaking Norse God with an oversized hammer going to fill out theater seats in the same way that Jon Favreau’s “Iron Man” did?

“I think it’s going to be [a tougher sell] on the surface,” he agreed. “[But we've] got plans already to get Thor’s name out within a younger group of kids. I think the upcoming ‘Super Hero Squad’ and ‘Avengers Animated’ shows are going to do wonders to get that across, and then we’re working on a couple of ancillary things here and there to boost the desire for kids in particular to know more about Thor and the general public as well.”

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/SuperGamer/news/?a=8038

Madwelshboy
June 24th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Clifton Collins Jr talks 'Trek', 'Thor', 'Inception'

You mentioned Thor recently on your Twitter page. What's happening with that?
"Hmmm, Thor, I don't know [laughs]. That's kind of where I have to leave it unfortunately. Everybody asks, it's just something that's very hush-hush."

Did you go back and do some research with the old Marvel Comics?
"There's a lot of fun stuff in Thor based on the comic book and Celtic folklore, history and stuff like that. For me, doing that kind of research... I love doing any kind of research. It's like going back to history class, I didn't do well at history so now's the chance to redeem myself."

It sounds like a very different type of superhero film, whether you're in it or not.
"It's going to be great. It's Kenneth Branagh at the helm, he's a badass."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a161649/collins-talks-trek-thor-inception.html

Madwelshboy
June 26th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Doug Finberg Updateds us on Marvel Projects

Thor will be another case of Marvel's trusting a director to bring a unique vision to their property, as Sam Raimi did for Spider-Man, Bryan Singer did for X-Men and Jon Favreau did for Iron Man. "Kenneth Branagh at the head of it all is really the critical thing to us, to really create his vision" of Thor, Finberg said. "He and [Marvel honcho] Kevin [Feige] are working really closely together."

http://scifiwire.com/2009/06/will-the-avengers-movie-s.php

Madwelshboy
June 29th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Brian Michael Bendis Talks About Branagh's "Thor" Performance!

Remember the article a while ago about Joe Quesada witnessing director Kenneth Branagh’s “Thor” reenactments? Well writer Brian Michael Bendis was also in the room, and he gives his take..

“[It] was Shakespearean, with flourishes,” Bendis told Newsarama of Kenneth Branagh’s “Thor” performance. “It was cool. It was a lot of fun. My wife goes, okay, that one I’m jealous of. She’s got a crush on him. And honestly, he’s not a let-down. I can see it. I can understand it. You’re spending enough time with someone that you know if they’re cool. And he’s cool.”

Apparently Bendis has been working closely with Marvel studios, and is part of a group of comic writers that consults with the screenwriters and filmmakers, making sure that the characters stay true in their translation from page to screen.

“[This] is a little different than how Hollywood usually does it, which is a compliment to [Marvel Studios chief] Kevin [Feige],” said the writer. “Usually, Hollywood just does what it does. I know there are some comic book movies I hear that the people never even read a comic book based on the thing they’re working on.

“They’ve asked me to be part of the team of guys who pick their brains and take their advice,” Bendis continued. “And for me it’s great to watch these writers deal with it and handle it. Watching them is a lot of fun.”

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/notyetamovie/news/?a=8312

the fifth man
June 30th, 2009, 07:12 PM
Doug Finberg Updateds us on Marvel Projects

Thor will be another case of Marvel's trusting a director to bring a unique vision to their property, as Sam Raimi did for Spider-Man, Bryan Singer did for X-Men and Jon Favreau did for Iron Man. "Kenneth Branagh at the head of it all is really the critical thing to us, to really create his vision" of Thor, Finberg said. "He and [Marvel honcho] Kevin [Feige] are working really closely together."

http://scifiwire.com/2009/06/will-the-avengers-movie-s.php

I really think Branagh will do an amazing job.

Madwelshboy
July 1st, 2009, 10:12 PM
Will We See Jessica Biel In "Thor"?

The boys over at Nuke The Fridge are claiming a reliable source from "deep within" has sent word that Jessica Biel is in talks to join the cast of "Thor"...

Their scooper did not know the name of the character Biel was up for, but said she would be playing a love interest of Thor's and seemed to believe it was the same female character from the animated "Hulk vs Thor." This could be either Sif or Enchantress.

There is also the possibility Biel could be cast as Jane Foster, girlfriend of one Donald Blake, but since all reports suggest that Kenneth Branagh's movie will be set predominantly in Asgard, that seems unlikely.

Personally i am hoping for Enchantress.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=8349

Madwelshboy
July 2nd, 2009, 11:55 PM
Clifton Collins Jr. Debunks Involvement in Thor

"Absolutely nothing," said Clifton. "I have nothing to do with that piece." Despite being active on Twitter with updates that were perceived as hints of his involvement in Thor, Collins Jr. told TheDeadbolt that Thor is now in his rear view acting mirror. "That was a long time ago," admitted Clifton who will soon be seen in the long awaited Troy Duffy helmed Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day. "I wasn't really getting into it," Collins Jr. elaborated on Thor. "I was just preparing stuff. It's a fantastic director, a great piece, but I have absolutely nothing to do with it."

Following up on the Thor related Twitter activity and his study of Thor, the CMT award winning director of the Zac Brown Band's video for "Chicken Fried" gave TheDeadbolt insight into why he mentioned on Twitter that he was studying Thor. "I study everything a lot," Clifton revealed in looking back on his Twitter updates and his meeting for Thor. "I like to get into it and it's been hard to juggle stuff with the videos and everything else. But I'm learning and I'm getting better at it."

When asked if he could tell us the specific Thor character that he read for in the upcoming comic book adaptation, Clifton Collins Jr. was bound by the mighty Marvel in that he couldn't tell us what Thor character was potentially up for Clifton Collins Jr. grabs.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/IronClad/news/?a=8357

Madwelshboy
July 13th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Natalie Portman joins cast of Marvel's Thor

Natalie Portman, no stranger to sci-fi and comic-based movies, is reportedly joining the cast of Kenneth Branagh's adaptation of Marvel's Thor opposite Star Trek's Chris Hemsworth.

Here's how The Hollywood Reporter carries the news:

Portman has been cast to star as Jane Foster, who in early comic-book lore was a nurse who became Thor's first love. The studio said the character will be updated for the feature adaptation. Chris Hemsworth is already cast as Thor. Tom Hiddleston is Loki, the god of mischief who serves as the movie's villain. ...

Principal photography for the film is set for early 2010. The film will be released in the U.S. on May 20, 2011, distributed by Paramount Pictures.

The casting of Portman calls into question earlier reports that the movie would be set almost entirely in the supernatural world of Thor and the Norse gods.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/natalie-portman-joins-cas.php

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/natalie-portman.jpg http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/340px-Janefoster.jpg

Madwelshboy
July 14th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Official Synopsis

Marvel Studios expands its film universe with a new type of superhero: THOR. This epic adventure spans the Marvel Universe; from present day Earth to the realm of Asgard. At the center of the story is The Mighty Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions reignite an ancient war. Thor is cast down to Earth and forced to live among humans as punishment. Once here, Thor learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends the darkest forces of Asgard to invade Earth.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/IronClad/news/?a=8529

Madwelshboy
July 26th, 2009, 12:04 AM
SDCC: Updates on Thor, Captain America movies

Thor found its Norse war god in Chris Hemsworth, and Natalie Portman and Tom Hiddleston have also joined director Kenneth Branagh's comic-book adaptation, and on Saturday at Comic-Con, Marvel Studios production president Kevin Feige said to expect more casting announcements soon.

"I think we're nearing, closing in on Odins and Heimdals and the Warriors Three, which we're excited about," Feige said in a group interview in San Diego, where he was promoting Iron Man 2. "We're about halfway through prep. We start filming in January."

Feige estimated that about 30 percent of Thor would take place in the present day, which suggests a film favoring the historical Norse mythology.

continues:
http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/sdcc-updates-on-thor-capt.php

Madwelshboy
July 28th, 2009, 12:35 PM
Kevin Feige Talks Iron Man 2, Avengers, Nick Fury, Thor, And Captain America!!

Q: How are Kenneth Branagh and your lead actor developing Thor?

Kevin: Kenneth is great. We've got Tom Hiddleston as Loki, and we've got Chris Hemsworth as Thor. I can't wait until next year, when we bring all of those guys out to Comic-Con. Natalie Portman's on board, which we've mentioned. I think we're nearing, closing in on Odin and Heindel and the Warriors Three, which we're excited about. We're about halfway through prep. We start filming in January.

Q: What sold you on Chris Hemsworth?

Kevin: It's one of those rare things that doesn't happen often, but people like me always say it, so it probably sounds cliché. We auditioned a lot of people. We did a lot of screen tests. We put a lot of people on video. And, one guy just kept popping out, and that was Chris. You realize, regardless of what he's saying or how he's saying it, that you're engaged with him. It's that movie star quality, which he has. And, thankfully, he looks like Thor, which is a good combination.

Q: How much is set present day?

Kevin: Maybe 30%.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/LetsCutTheBS/news/?a=8843

GuHNDoi
July 28th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Quote:

Marvel Studios expands its film universe with a new type of superhero: THOR. This epic adventure spans the Marvel Universe; from present day Earth to the realm of Asgard. At the center of the story is The Mighty Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions reignite an ancient war. Thor is cast down to Earth and forced to live among humans as punishment. Once here, Thor learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends the darkest forces of Asgard to invade Earth.

Could the Thor movie lead directly into the Avengers? Considering the communication between the Cap, Thor and Ironman writers, the story of the Thor movie has to have some effect on those aswell.

All I know is that this movie is going to be awesome. It doesn't seem to be your ordinary comic book superhero movie, it seems more akin to the fantasy genre, that is, until Thor comes to Earth.

Madwelshboy
August 22nd, 2009, 01:45 AM
Kevin Feige Spills Loads of Info on Marvel Movies!

On Thor:

How is “Thor” coming along and when does it start shooting?

Kenneth Branagh is great and we’ve got Tom Hiddleston and Chris Hemsworth and I can’t wait till next year when we bring all of those guys to Comic-Con. Natalie Portman is on board, which we’ve mentioned. We are about halfway through prep and we start shooting in January.

Finally, what sold you on Chris Hemsworth as Thor? What made you say, “This is the God of Thunder?”

It’s one of those rare things that doesn’t happen often but people like me always say it so it probably sounds cliché. But we auditioned a lot of people. We did a lot of screen tests. We put a lot of people on video. One guy just kept popping out. It was Chris. And you realized, regardless of what he’s saying or how he’s saying it, you’re engaged with him. It’s that movie star quality which I think he has. And, thankfully, he looks like Thor, which is a good combination.

On Nick Fury:

How large will Nick Fury’s role be in “Iron Man 2,” “Thor,” and “Captain America?”

You know, that remains to be seen. I think Sam Jackson’s gone on the record as saying that he hasn’t busted into bad-ass action mode yet. At the end of the first one, for the people who were patient enough to wait through the end credits, they met this guy named Nick Fury. They or Tony had no idea who he was. In this movie, he opens that door a little bit more for Tony and invites him to walk through it. Tony may or may not do that in this movie. But Nick Fury is the conduit through which all the characters will connect.

In that case, how important was it for you to sign Sam Jackson for all of those films?

We wanted to do it. We wanted to do it for the continuity and clearly he had inspired the Ultimate Comics incarnation of Nick Fury of the past ten years. So we were very happy when we got him involved in all of the movies.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=9453

Madwelshboy
August 23rd, 2009, 08:05 AM
Diora Baird's Thor Audition was for a "Pretty but Sturdy" Character

Sif? Valkyrie? The Enchantress? Who? Seems like ALL Asgardian females fit that description, and Diora won't say.

Heres the info from MTV Splash Page:

Actress Diora Baird announced on Twitter this week that she had an audition for a role in the upcoming Kenneth Branagh-directed “Thor.”

According to Baird, she had an audition for a character described as “pretty, but sturdy with muscle.”

“Damn type casting,” she wrote.

However, when asked which character she auditioned for, Baird responded, “I can't say. I'll go to jail. For real. Had to sign my soul away.”

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Ozymandias/news/?a=9495

Madwelshboy
September 18th, 2009, 12:43 AM
Movie Wars: Thor vs. Spider-Man 4

First, it was announced that Spider-Man 4 had an official release date of May 6, 2011, the date formerly listed as the release date of The First Avenger: Captain America, and then it was announced that Kirsten Dunst would be reprising the role of Mary Jane Watson in the film.

However, what everyone seemed to overlook is the release date of another Marvel superhero movie: Thor is slated to open May 20, 2011. This means that two Marvel characters will be in direct competition with one another for early summer blockbuster bucks, which is not a good thing for comic book movie fans.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BrentSprecher/news/?a=10138

Madwelshboy
September 21st, 2009, 09:22 AM
Thor
Release Date: May 20, 2011
Development Status: The God of Thunder has pulled in Kenneth "Shakespeare" Brannagh to direct and Oscar-nominee Natalie Portman to play Jane Foster. A promising line-up of talent for your first movie.

Marvel is keeping Thor close to the vest, as the project is a tougher sell to mainstream audiences than Spidey or Shellhead. Middle Earth and Hogwarts are box office gold, sure, but Norse Gods who hide in mortal shells and live in Asgard is unproven. Packaging the film with A-list talent, and casting Captain Kirk's dad from the new Star Trek movie as the titular hero, are steps in the right direction. Jessica Biel is currently orbiting the project as well, which doesn't hurt Thor's box office chances either. The story will pit Thor opposite Tom Hiddleston as Loki , and promises to be a movie worthy of the character's epic origins. The risk on this project not hitting with summer-friendly audiences is higher than Marvel may like, but that will change whenever Marvel decides to roll out our first look of the Thor costume and a teaser.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=10199

Madwelshboy
September 23rd, 2009, 12:34 AM
Thor Movie Cast Additions

Jaimie Alexander and Colm Feore are added to the cast of Marvel Studios' feature film adaptation of its Thor comic book, joining Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Natalie Portman as Jane Foster and Tom Hiddleston as Loki.

Alexander will play Sif, a fierce Asgardian warrior and one of Thor's love interests. Feore will play an as-yet-unnamed villain.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BrentSprecher/news/?a=10292

Jaimie Alexander: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1526352/
Best known for her role as Jessi XX on Kyle XY and Molly Briggs on Bones.

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/jaimie_alexander.jpg http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/lady-sif.jpg

Colm Feore: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0272173/
Known for his role as First Gentleman Henry Taylor on 24.

Madwelshboy
October 6th, 2009, 01:38 AM
Skarsgard to star in Branagh's 'Thor'

Stellan Skarsgard has been cast in Kenneth Branagh's Marvel Comics adaptation Thor, according to Swedish news site Ystads Allehanda.

It has not been revealed what role Skarsgard will take in the project, which is based on the Stan Lee, Larry Lieber and Jack Kirby comic series.

Jaimie Alexander (Kyle XY), Colm Feore, Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston and Natalie Portman have already been confirmed for the project.

Hemsworth will play the title role, while Portman is the love interest, nurse Jane Foster. Hiddleston is cast as villain Loki.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a180486/skarsgard-to-star-in-branaghs-thor.html

Madwelshboy
October 9th, 2009, 05:46 AM
Official Thor Casting Calls

[MARCY LEWIS]

(20) Is a college student. Aloof, jaded beyond her years, she thought her internship with scientist Kate Spelling would be an easy 6 college credits. However, she's been stuck for months in this small New Mexico town and relegated to a wide range of unglamorous activities. Kate has been particularly hard on Marcy, making it her personal project to see that Marcy lives up to her potential. Marcy deals with her situation both by using subtle irony and by being an overt wiseass

[WARRIORS]

A fearless warrior race, where size, strength and ferocity define a member's rank in both the social and military hierarchy. Warriors born in this society face the harshest ecological conditions imaginable and thrive in environments where lesser creatures, including humans, quickly perishes. Theirs is a world created to cull weakness from the universe to ensure their supreme sovereignty spreads across the stars. MUST BE 6'2 OR TALLER sptv050769, NO BODYBUILDER TYPES. SAG ROLE BUT NO LINES. MUST BE COMFORTABLE WEARING PROSTHETICS.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=10764

Video: Brian Michale Bendis Updates Thor and Avengers Movies

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=10755

Madwelshboy
October 13th, 2009, 03:26 AM
Brian Michael Bendis: Thor Script is "Very, Very Good"

The critically acclaimed comic book writer shares his thoughts on Thor and how the upcoming Marvel movies will intertwine with each other.

At the Baltimore Comic-Con's 'Marvel: Your Universe' panel, the first question directed to the group asked how much the upcoming Marvel movies would link up with each other. Bendis recapped that "Thor" would be coming out first in May 2011, with "The First Avenger: Captain America" movie hitting theaters the following June or July. He also confirmed again that all of the movies would have certain threads that run through for those excited to see connections.

"I'm Thor. A Jewy Thor," Bendis said when asked about casting for the flicks. On more of a serious note, the "New Avengers" writer added, "I was reading the new script just last night. Very, very good."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=10899

Kick-Kinsey
October 13th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Or fail, miserably.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa8/Dr_Awesome_676/Thor_3_DCP_0016.jpg

Madwelshboy
October 18th, 2009, 02:38 AM
Three More For Thor?

Ain't-It-Cool-News is reporting that Matthias Schweighöfer is in running for THOR, but he also mentions Robert & Jude. Here is what the article stated:

According to actor, Matthias Schweighöfer, who you may have seen in VALKYRIE or RED BARON - in an article in the German edition of Gentlemen's Quarterly aka GQ, he states that he's in the running for a role in Branagh's THOR, but he also mentions that Jude Law and Robert DeNiro have joined the cast.

There isn't another source yet, so I don't know how you guys should take this.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=11054

Madwelshboy
October 22nd, 2009, 01:28 AM
Jude Law 'Thor' rumour quashed

A representative for Jude Law has denied rumours that he will be involved in Kenneth Branagh's Thor movie, reports Gossip Cop.

The story surfaced after Ain't It Cool News reported on a forthcoming interview with actor Matthias Schweighöfer in GQ.

Allegedly Schweighöfer claimed that he was in the running to appear in the film alongside Law and Robert De Niro.

Gossip Cop added that it could find no evidence that De Niro is connected to the film.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a183086/jude-law-thor-rumour-quashed.html

Madwelshboy
October 31st, 2009, 01:17 AM
Anthony Hopkins Confirmed in Thor

You've just heard the rumors, but it's now official. Hannibal Lecter will play Odin in Kenneth Branagh's new Marvel movie!

According to Variety magazine, Anthony Hopkins has been officially cast in Marvel's upcoming movie, Thor. The movie is slated to begin production in January.

Hopkins will play the part of Odin, the King of Asgard and father of both Thor (Chris Hemsworth) and Loki (Tom Hiddelston).

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/marvelmovies/news/?a=11402

Thor Filming In New Mexico?

The site Alibi.com reports that the Kenneth Branagh-directed comic book movie Thor may film on location in New Mexico. Alibi cites casting call notices that appeared online earlier this month that reportedly mentioned a "small New Mexico town." In the last casting call it was set to be in New Mexico, meaning filming might be occurring in this area.

Every time more work is done on this movie I am glad. Thor might be the hardest movie Marvel has to put out on the big screen because most people can see Iron Man and Captain America as happening in real life but Thor is a God. If done just right it will be a amazing movie.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/tyko450/news/?a=11399

Kick-Kinsey
November 13th, 2009, 06:39 AM
sounds interesting, some great actors picked for this movie

Replicator Todd
November 13th, 2009, 10:51 AM
Anthony Hopkins!? Wow!

Easter Lily
November 13th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Anthony Hopkins... wow... Interesting cast.
Sounds like it's shaping up to be an interesting project. Can't wait to see the trailers.

Madwelshboy
November 14th, 2009, 03:20 AM
Zachary Levi turned down 'Thor' role

Zachary Levi has revealed that he turned down a role in Thor due to a scheduling conflict with the second season of NBC's Chuck.

The 29-year-old told USA Today that he was cast as Fandral, one of Thor's warriors, in the forthcoming Marvel comic book adaptation. However, he had to walk away from the part when NBC ordered six more episodes of Chuck in October.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a186834/zachary-levi-turned-down-thor-role.html

'Thor' starts production in January

Marvel Studios will begin production on its forthcoming superhero movie Thor in mid-January.

Filming will start in Los Angeles before moving to Santa Fe, NM in March through to late April, reports Production Weekly.

Kenneth Branagh is directing the comic book adaptation. Thor stars Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Anthony Hopkins, Tom Hiddleston and Stellan Skarsgard.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a186821/thor-starts-production-in-january.html

Madwelshboy
November 17th, 2009, 03:57 AM
Official Thor Movie News: The Warriors Three Have Been Cast!

The Asgardian adventurers have been officially cast.

Thor director Kenneth Branagh has signed Stuart Townsend, Ray Stevenson, and Tadanobu Asano to play The Warriors Three.

The Warriors Three are made up of the Asgardians Fandral, Hogun and Volstagg.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/SuperGamer/news/?a=11953

Madwelshboy
November 20th, 2009, 12:11 AM
Idris Elba Joins the Cast of Thor

Heat Vision has just revealed that Idris Elba will play Heimdall, the guardian of Asgard.

Heimdall is the all-seeing and all-knowing brother of Sif (portrayed on film by Jaimie Alexander). He stands on the rainbow bridge, Bifrost, watching for any attacks on Asgard.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=12057

Twitter Report: Thor Sets Have Been Built!

According to comic scribe Brian Michael Bendis' & Marvel chielf Joe Quesada's Tweets, some sets have already been built. I guess its not a surprise, considering next month is Christmas, and filming begins in January.
From Brian Michael Bendis:

Broadcasting live from marvel west. Thor movie meeting with Ken branagh was over the top amazing. Visited the sets! I was in Odin's chamber!
30 minutes ago

From Joe Quesada:

I could listen to Branagh talk about Thor all day long. Cast is in place, sets are being built and screenplay is brilliant. Marveldom rules!
27 minutes ago

UPDATE: Recent post by Brian

U should get in line for the Thor movie today. Just saying.
less than 20 seconds ago

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=12015

Stan Lee Meets Kenneth Brannagh About a Thor Cameo

"I had lunch with Branaugh, who's the nicest guy in the world as well as the most talented. Months ago, when he was first starting on the movie, he said he would get a cameo for me."

"I haven’t heard from him since, but I think he has more important things to think of at the moment with the movie — like who he’s casting in it and how he’s going to film it," said Lee. "But I’m sure they’ll have something for me.

"When we had lunch, I was sure he had asked me to lunch because he wanted me to play Odin, but it was a big disappointment. I figure I’ll end up carrying his spear."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=12000

Madwelshboy
November 24th, 2009, 02:05 AM
Kat Dennings joins Marvel's 'Thor'

Kat Dennings has been cast in Thor, Marvel Studios' forthcoming comic book adaptation.

Thor co-star Natalie Portman leaked the news to MTV.

"Well I'm really excited… Kat Dennings is going to be in it with me and she's a good friend and an amazing actress, so I'm looking forward to that," Portman said.

It is unknown what role the Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist actress has been picked to play in the film.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a188293/kat-dennings-joins-marvels-thor.html

Madwelshboy
November 26th, 2009, 09:43 AM
Jeremy Renner in Talks to Play Hawkeye

In this month's Empire, the actor said that he is in talks to play Clint Barton in Thor and The Avengers!

Best known for his role in 'The Hurt Locker' the actor has revealed that he's had talks with Marvel about filling the tights of the skilled archer Hawkeye with a possible cameo in 'Thor' leading to a full blown role in 'The Avengers'!

"Hawkeye could be interesting. They're going to send me some stuff on it, see what it is." But I think they're pretty awesome, trying to make superhero movies almost plausible and not just some fantasy thing."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=12217

Thor and Avengers News Leaked?

Exclusivly from AICN, possible SPOILERS inside!

The film starts with the 6 warriors (Thor, Loki, the Warriors 3 and Sif) in Asgard, OdinHopkins on the throne, etc.

* Loki is adopted, hence the black hair.

* Loki kills his dad, usurping the throne, Thor is cast out to Earth.

* Thor lands in a desert, and is promptly run over (literally) by Natalie Portman and Stellan Skarsgard, a PhD cosmology student and her Norwegian professor, who have gone out to study though telescopes a strange cloud in the cosmos.

* When they realize that Thor is who he says he is, Stellan, who has grown up with Norse mythology, can't quite deal with it and goes out on a drinking binge.

* The script closes with a 5-page battle. The fighting styles for Thor and Loki are, as you'd expect, markedly different, Thor being very much about raw strength, Loki being much more about motion, grace and intelligence. The closing battle will be the first thing they film.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=12201

Sam L. Jackson Pretty Much Confirmed for Thor

Marvel has added Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury on Thor's Movie Hub Page. At least we can actually say that Samuel L. Jackson will be apart of the fantastic cast we already have.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=12212

Madwelshboy
December 6th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Cast to gather for 'Thor' rehearsals

Kyle XY star Jaimie Alexander has revealed that Thor cast members are to start rehearsals in a matter of days.

The news indicates that the Kenneth Branagh-directed film is on track to begin shooting in early January.

Posting on Twitter, Alexander, who will play Sif, said: "Excited to start rehearsals next week!"

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a190043/cast-to-gather-for-thor-rehearsals.html

the fifth man
December 6th, 2009, 07:39 PM
I really hope this movie ends up living up to its potential.

kennythewraith
December 6th, 2009, 10:17 PM
I really hope this movie ends up living up to its potential.

i do as well.im sure it will...it sounds like everyone involved wants it to be true to the character and this cast really is amazing,probably the best iv seen for a comic movie.:)

Madwelshboy
December 13th, 2009, 01:29 AM
Joseph Gatt Lands Role in Marvel's Thor

According to his official site & Myspace status, actor Joseph Gatt has landed an undisclosed role in Thor.

Official Website
"Currently, Gatt is prepping for his most prominent job to date: a (secret) role in the forthcoming Marvel Studios film THOR, slated for release in 2011"

Myspace
"is currently rehearsing and prepping for THOR!!!!"

And now Joseph has been added to the Thor profile on IMDB

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=12721

Madwelshboy
December 17th, 2009, 02:18 AM
Rene Russo added to 'Thor' cast

Rene Russo has joined the cast of Kenneth Branagh's Thor movie, says Variety.

The Lethal Weapon 3 actress will play Frigga in the Marvel adaptation, which sees Chris Hemsworth take on the role of the Norse hero. Russo's character is the queen of Asgard and mother of Thor and Loki, the villain to be played by Tom Hiddleston.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a191801/rene-russo-added-to-thor-cast.html

Krichton
December 17th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Could they possibly have cast someone more 'meh' to play Sif?

Madwelshboy
December 23rd, 2009, 12:51 AM
Jaimie Alexander Talks Thor

The actress who will bring life to Sif in Kenneth Branagh's Thor discusses the movie rehearsals, and also debunks the Justin Chatwin as Balder rumor..

With director Kenneth Branagh’s highly anticipated “Thor” adaptation set to begin shooting next month, actress Jaimie Alexander has been constantly updating fans with info from the upcoming film.

These are some of her tweets..

“[I] met Anthony Hopkins today... Such a lovely man. Such a pleasure,”

“[I] can't stop staring at Thor's arms... Chris [Hemsworth] is HUGE!”

“Justin Chatwin isn't going to be in Thor, Just clearing up another rumor. Sleep well out there.”

“[I feel] bad for accidentally punching Fandral(Stuart Townsend) in the stomach, Good thing he's a sweet guy!”

Alexander also noted that she now has “raven black hair” as part of her "Sif makeover."

“[I am] so thankful for all the wonderful people working on Thor, I am truly blessed.”

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=13070

Madwelshboy
January 14th, 2010, 01:54 AM
Marvel, Paramount advance 'Thor' release

Marvel and Paramount have pushed up the release date of the movie adaptation of Thor by two weeks.

Thor was scheduled for release on May 20, 2011, but has been brought forward to May 6 after the announcement of the release date for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides and delays on Spider-Man 4, reports Variety.

Filming on Sony's Spider-Man 4 has been delayed due to ongoing issues with the script and some doubts have surfaced about it being ready in time for its planned release on May 6.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a194560/marvel-paramount-advance-thor-release.html

'Thor' enters principal photography

Principal photography has commenced on Kenneth Branagh's Thor, Marvel Studios has announced.

The movie is based on a screenplay by Mark Protosevich, Ashley Miller, Zack Stentz and Don Payne. Marvel Studios' president Kevin Feige will produce the film, and Alan Fine, Stan Lee, David Maisel and the firm's co-president Louis D'Esposito will serve as executive producers.

Based on the Marvel comic of the same name, Thor tells the story of a Norse warrior, whose reckless actions reignite an ancient war and result in his expulsion from the realm of Asgard. Following his exile among humans, Thor learns that his enemies are plotting an invasion of earth.

Thor - starring Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Natalie Portman, Anthony Hopkins and Renee Russo - is released worldwide on May 6, 2011 via Paramount Pictures.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a195947/thor-enters-principal-photography.html

Stuart Townsend exits 'Thor' cast

Stuart Townsend has left the cast of Marvel's upcoming Thor movie, reports The AP.

Joshua Dallas, who appeared in recent horror film The Descent: Part 2 will take over from Townsend in the role of Asgardian warrior Fandral.

According to Ain't It Cool News, Townsend was released from the comic book project after arriving six hours late for a screen test.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a195494/stuart-townsend-exits-thor-cast.html

Adriana Barraza to join 'Thor' cast

Drag Me To Hell star Adriana Barraza is in negotiations to appear in the movie adaptation of Thor.

Details about her character are not yet known, but The Hollywood Reporter claims she is in line to play a human in Kenneth Branagh's god-centric film.

Barraza is best known for her Oscar-nominated turn in Babel.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a195152/adriana-barraza-to-join-thor-cast.html

Madwelshboy
January 19th, 2010, 12:38 AM
Branagh offers 'Thor' production update

Director Kenneth Branagh has commented about the status of his Thor movie, which recently started production.

Speaking to MTV at the Golden Globe Awards, Branagh praised star Chris Hemsworth and called the Marvel Studios project "promising".

"We have many miles to go and promises to keep, but so far, so good," he said.

He added: "Everybody's doing very good work and just a lot of it is so promising. Fingers crossed for everybody and everything. [Hemsworth] is a great guy."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a197446/branagh-offers-thor-production-update.html

Madwelshboy
January 20th, 2010, 01:02 AM
Clark Gregg confirms Marvel cameos

Clark Gregg will reprise his role as S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Phil Coulson in Iron Man 2 and Thor.

According to the actor, the character will make a cameo appearance in both Marvel Comics adaptations. The government agent's presence confirms that S.H.I.E.L.D. will feature in the films as a common thread to tie them to 2012's Avengers.

In an interview with MTV, Gregg spoke about his character's association with Nick Fury, played by Samuel L. Jackson on screen. "There are two people I want to work for: Barack Obama and Nick Fury," he said.

It has been noted that the inclusion of S.H.I.E.L.D. in Thor suggests that the movie will be grounded in the relatively realistic world of the Iron Man movies.

Gregg previously portrayed S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Phil Coulson in the original Iron Man in 2008.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a197684/clark-gregg-confirms-marvel-cameos.html

Madwelshboy
January 29th, 2010, 03:38 AM
'Thor' will be more science than fantasy

Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige has promised that the Thor movie will be more grounded in science than magic.

There has been some speculation about how the thunder god Thor's mystical heritage will marry up to Iron Man's high-tech world when they team up in the forthcoming Avengers movie.

"We're not doing the blow-the-dust-off-of-the-old-Norse-book-in-your-library Thor," Feige told SFX.

"And in the Thor of the Marvel Universe, there's a race called the Asgardians. And we're linked through this Tree of Life that we're unaware of.

"It's real science, but we don't know about it yet. The Thor movie is about teaching people that."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a200148/thor-will-be-more-science-than-fantasy.html

Madwelshboy
February 3rd, 2010, 09:45 AM
Avatar SFX team Heading Up Thor Visual Effects!

In an article in Variety, it was revealed which company will be the lead for the visual effects on Thor. In an article about studio's that receive Gallic tax rebates for international shoots, the trade let slip the following:

In a second coup for France, Paris' Buf Compagnie, a top Gallic vfx/toon house, will serve as the lead vfx house on "Thor," channeling tax coin into the Marvel production.

The company has been in business for 25 years their latest projects include the likes of Avatar and Solomon Kane.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=14496

nx01a
February 3rd, 2010, 02:13 PM
:D It will be pretty! :D

SoulReaver
February 13th, 2010, 12:35 AM
There has been some speculation about how the thunder god Thor's mystical heritage will marry up to Iron Man's high-tech world when they team up in the forthcoming Avengers movie.why would it need to ? :tealcanime49: the 2 coexist well in the comics

how will they explain the Odinforce ?

nx01a
February 13th, 2010, 09:43 AM
Psychokinesis.:D And science so advanced it's akin to magic. ;)

SoulReaver
February 13th, 2010, 11:27 AM
"asgardian science" ? lol...Thor & his kin hate science...
guess then they're really departing from the comics
then again considering what they've done before (eg. what they did to Silver Surfer in the last F4 movie) nothing surprising anymore :/

Ukko
February 13th, 2010, 11:54 AM

:eek:Like microwaves:p

Replicator Todd
February 13th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Honestly, sometimes I like it when they create new stories and situations not in the comics.

GuHNDoi
February 13th, 2010, 04:05 PM

:eek:Like microwaves:p

:eek:Or Magnets!:P

nx01a
February 13th, 2010, 04:12 PM
I've always thought they used magic. I mean... A Viking ship that travels through space? Magic. Or magnets.

SaberBlade
February 13th, 2010, 04:32 PM
I've always thought they used magic. I mean... A Viking ship that travels through space? Magic. Or magnets.

Viking Ship, probably powered by slaves.

nx01a
February 13th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Nah. Powered by... oars. :D

SaberBlade
February 13th, 2010, 07:35 PM
Oars? That's as believable as wind being caught in the sails.

Madwelshboy
February 18th, 2010, 02:16 AM
Thor Goes Gangster

Anthony Hopkins has been talking up his role in the forthcoming Thor flick, saying, "I don't just play a father, I play the godfather."

Hopkins is currently starring as Odin -- ruler of Asgard and father of Thor -- in the Marvel movie, with Kenneth Branagh directing.

And speaking to the Los Angeles Times, Hopkins said of Odin "He's a stern man. He's a man with a purpose. I play the god who banishes his son from the kingdom of Asgard because he screwed up.

"He's a hot-headed, temperamental young man -- probably a chip off the old block -- but I decided he's not really ready to rule the future kingdom, so I banish him. I'm harsh and my wife complains and I say, 'That's why I'm king.' He's ruthless, take-it-or-leave-it."

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/106/1069832p1.html

Madwelshboy
February 20th, 2010, 01:30 AM
Hurt: 'No Ross in upcoming Marvel films'

William Hurt has revealed that he will not be reprising his role as General Ross in any of the current Marvel films.

In an interview with MTV, the actor said that he has not been contacted by the studio with regard to portraying the character in Iron Man 2 or Thor. Ross previously appeared in 2008's The Incredible Hulk.

However, Hurt went on to say that he would be interested in appearing as the military leader again in the future. "If they call me I'll answer," he said. It is thought that the character could feature in 2012's Avengers.

Earlier this month, Iron Man 2 helmer Jon Favreau confirmed that the superhero sequel will take place before the events of Incredible Hulk, which could explain the absence of Hurt's character.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a204239/hurt-no-ross-in-upcoming-marvel-films.html

Madwelshboy
March 12th, 2010, 12:19 AM
Insider Info On The Thor Film

LatinoReview recently interviewed one of their sources from the set of Thor. There's so much info, your head may explode. At the same time, we may have to remain a bit skeptical about the info considering so much of the information on the internet turns out to be bogus. However, after reading this article, it seems that either all the info here could be true.

A couple of the questions revolve around the Hulk. Where is he, and what does the Thor movie take place in this new Marvel Filmverse time-line?

Thor is set after The Incredible Hulk. In the script we make mention of gamma radiation and one of the scientist characters, I think Stellan Skarsgard's Professor Ford recalls, “There was brilliant scientist (Bruce Banner). He was a genius with gamma radiation and somehow S.H.I.E.L.D. made him disappear.” ... So, this is obviously pre-Avengers, post-Incredible Hulk.

continues:
http://www.comicvine.com/news/insider-info-on-the-thor-film/140625/

Madwelshboy
March 13th, 2010, 02:21 AM
Even More Thor Movie Secrets

A storm is coming...Yesterday we had some secrets from the Thor set and today, we’ve got another preponderance of scoops from our compadres at Latino Review. It’s a lengthy report so I’ll just focus on the tidbits relevant to you, oh savy Comic Vine community. If you’d like to hear some celebrity gossip and detailings of characters Thor fans should already be familiar with, go check out the rest of their article.

Was Samuel L. Jackson telling the truth when he said that he doesn't appear in Thor?
Yes. In the official script version, he is not. That could change in time though. He wasn't in the original script of Iron Man either but they changed it late in the game. The same can be said for Robert Downey Jr. In fact the only cameo of great significance is from Stan Lee.

Are there any Easter eggs or hidden clues in Thor?
No, in terms of the script, it’s pretty straight forward. It’s more through the dialogue, here and there that they’ll say something. Everything’s obviously connected, like every piece of S.H.I.E.L.D. tech has the Stark Industries logo on it. Even on a pen or computer screens in the movie. You’ll notice it on the computer screen’s upper left-hand corner, everything says Stark Industries. You already know that we have a deal with Tony Stark, which you kind of got from the first Iron Man's conclusion. Now you know S.H.I.E.L.D. is officially in league with him. And you’ll probably see stuff like that in Captain America or The Avengers on a S.H.I.E.L.D. heli-carrier.

continues:
http://www.comicvine.com/news/even-more-thor-movie-secrets/140636/

X-3-0-2
March 19th, 2010, 08:36 AM
check out the DVD Planet Hulk

The Thunder God and Thor's pal Beta Ray Bill make an appearance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planet_Hulk_%28film%29

Planet Hulk is a 2010 direct-to-DVD animated film created by Marvel Animation and released by Lionsgate Home Entertainment. It is based on the "Planet Hulk" storyline by Greg Pak and Carlo Pagulayan.
Although the Silver Surfer originally appeared in the comic version of "Planet Hulk," due to licensing issues he could not be used in the film (the same infringements are not on The Super Hero Squad Show incarnation of the Surfer), and so the animators substituted Beta Ray Bill, with the creators feeling he is a powerful substitute who never had an animated counterpart and it was time.[4] A flashback based on the events of the comic book Journey Into Mystery #83 (referenced in the comic book storyline Planet Hulk and the first appearance of Thor) establishes Bill as a character before his appearance on Sakaar, though Bill was not in the original comic book story, as it was published over twenty years before he first appeared.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Fights/ThorvsBetaRayBill.jpg

Madwelshboy
April 1st, 2010, 11:50 PM
Marvel President Kevin Feige Shares Status on Marvel Films!!

Wednesday was a big day for Marvel Studios because director Jon Favreau wrapped up "Iron Man 2." Kevin Feige, Marvel's president of production, was in a celebratory mood, but it was split with with anger over the New York Daily News reports, which Feige called "garbage."

Feige said the plan to meld the Marvel Universe on the silver screen will move forward dramatically now and he said there are some surprises in "Iron Man 2" that set up an unexpected bond to the "Captain America" movie that director Joe Johnston is doing early work on now in England.

Samuel L. Jackson will NOT be in "Thor."

"Now many of the pieces are in place ... with 'Iron Man 2' finished and 'Thor' more than halfway done, that lattice work is being built."

Feige said Branagh is proving to be the ideal choice for "Thor" -- the executive knew he would be after seeing the buoyant and accessible "Much Ado About Nothing," which made Shakespeare fun and funny even to "comic book fans like me," Feige said. He added: "You could actually laugh and understand all of it."

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=16535

Madwelshboy
April 20th, 2010, 12:49 AM
Stan Lee's 'Thor' Cameo Will Be...

It was only a matter of time until they revealed Stan Lee's cameo in the upcoming THOR movie, and while it has not yet been confirmed, rumor has it Lee will be playing a truck driver.
Thor's hammer ( Mjolnir ) is found lying inside a crater in the middle of the road by the U.S. Army. The army tries to move it but can't because it's too heavy. They decide to bring in a truck for assistance. The soldiers tie Thor's hammer to the back of the truck with chains. The truck driver accelerates to pull Mjohnir. The back half of the truck falls apart as the front keeps moving. Finally, the camera cuts to the driver who happens to be comic legend Stan Lee.

http://www.comicvine.com/news/stan-lees-thor-cameo-will-be/140938/#

Sam Jackson Not Appearing In Thor

Q: You’ve talked about doing nine films as Nick Fury and that it would be a gradual road before you get a Nick Fury film. How has that journey been?
Sam: I got started on it when I did the end of Iron Man 1. My foot was on the path. Now, my foot is a little deeper on the path 'cause we've got Iron Man 2. I'm not in Thor. I’m supposed to do Captain America this summer in London.

Q: Why aren’t you in Thor?
Sam: I have no idea. I'm not in charge of making those decisions. I thought I was. They said I was in the trades, and I was like, "Oh, I've got a job!" And then, I called my agent and she said, "Nah, you're not in it. They misprinted." I was like, “Well ****, they need to pay me just 'cause they put my name in it."

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9106:sam-jackson-not-appearing-in-thor-confirms-avengers-start-date&catid=41:news&Itemid=71

Dr Lee
April 30th, 2010, 05:28 AM
First look at Hemsworth as Thor...

http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/1783/tumblrl1oycrjnr01qaj2n1.jpg

Linky (http://sdlrob.wordpress.com/2010/04/30/first-look-at-chris-hemsworth-as-thor/)

SaberBlade
April 30th, 2010, 08:18 AM
Not sure what to make of that to be honest. I'd rather see a full character image, but I can't complain yet.

DigiFluid
May 14th, 2010, 06:13 AM
I wonder if they're going to stick with the hammed up, over-the-top dialogue for Thor. I hope so :D

I'm guessing (Iron Man 2 spoiler)
That the truck bit MWB's spoiler tag 3 posts up will be picking up directly from where the post-credits Iron Man 2 scene left off.

Madwelshboy
June 3rd, 2010, 12:06 AM
Concept Art of Thor 'Chris Hemsworth' Revealed!

Earlier today, we finally got a chance to see Captain America's costume that actor, 'Chris Evans' will don in Captain America: The First Avenger. Well hold on to your butts because now we have our first full look at Thor.

Pics at:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=18735

lommit
June 3rd, 2010, 11:36 AM
must i cant wait for this movie! have seen hulk vs thor i was mind blown by thor and asgard.
made me wanna read some of the comics. does anyone have anything to recommend

Replicator Todd
June 3rd, 2010, 02:14 PM
I really love the movie look of the Marvel characters. They are really.....well, awesome!

nx01a
June 4th, 2010, 06:12 PM
They're nice 'shopped images. Can't wait for actual photos of him in costume! I love how Thor is wearing the Golden Age Superman's original boots. :D Mjolnir and the armour look more... science-y. I like. I wish Superman's movie suit looked more like that.

Madwelshboy
June 10th, 2010, 12:15 PM
First Footage of Marvel's THOR!

Entertainment Tonight has premiered a video for their exclusive THOR set visit which reveals Anthony Hopkins as Odin, Idris Elba as Heimdall, Natalie Portman as Jane Foster, Chris Hemsworth in action as Thor and the realm of Asgard!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=18958

Madwelshboy
July 14th, 2010, 06:42 AM
Thor Movie: First Look at Thor, Odin & Loki

http://i680.photobucket.com/albums/vv170/madwelsboy/579f05ea1bbbe9a530bc83e3970d5b8a.jpg

http://marvel.com/news/moviestories.13218.thor_movie~colon~_first_look_at_thor%2c_odin~and~loki

Dr Lee
July 14th, 2010, 07:09 AM
Bad-Ass....

Replicator Todd
July 14th, 2010, 08:19 AM
I'm looking forward to this movie more and more everyday!

Madwelshboy
July 16th, 2010, 01:28 PM
New Thor Pic

Father and Odinson. A new pic from Thor has hit, featuring Chris Hemsworth and Anthony Hopkins as Thor and Odin..

Pic at:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/thor/news/?a=20102

Madwelshboy
July 17th, 2010, 01:01 AM
Kenneth Branagh Briefly Talks THOR's Suit & Mighty Hammer

In Entertainment Weekly's latest issue, director of Marvel's THOR, Kenneth Branagh, talks a bit about the hammer of the God Of Thunder. Check it Out!

continues:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=20155

Madwelshboy
July 19th, 2010, 09:08 AM
New image of the Hall of Asgard featuring out first look at Fandral, Hogun and Frigga

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Poniverse/news/?a=20200

Replicator Todd
July 19th, 2010, 09:34 AM
I sure hope to get a trailer soon....

the fifth man
July 19th, 2010, 07:09 PM
I sure hope to get a trailer soon....

That would be so great.

Replicator Todd
July 19th, 2010, 10:12 PM
That would be so great.

Comic Con is this weekend! :D

KEK
July 20th, 2010, 03:42 AM
This looks cheesier than Sharktopus. :lol:

nx01a
July 20th, 2010, 12:25 PM
That's a bit harsh.

Madwelshboy
July 21st, 2010, 08:54 AM
Chris Hemsworth Gritty in New THOR Photo; Kenneth Branagh & Kevin Feige Talk Comic-Con

Briefly talking with USA Today Chris Hemsworth, the actor portraying the mighty Thor, Kenneth Branagh, the man bringing the Norse God to the big screen, and Kevin Feige, president of Marvel Studios, discus Comic-Con and more.

"I think they were warning me," says Branagh, known more for his adaptations of Shakespeare than superhero stories. "They said to brace myself, that I'd never seen anything like it."

"Nobody believed in us when we brought Iron Man here," says Marvel chief Kevin Feige. "They said we were bringing our B-team in. I think we've proved that there's no such thing. If you can impress Comic-Con fans, you're in the big leagues."

"It's a bit scary, the power and devotion they have," says Chris Hemsworth, who plays the titular Norse hero in the film scheduled to arrive in May. "A couple of months ago I was feeling secure and went online to see what people were saying. Some people loved we were doing a movie; some people already hated it. I'll never read comments again."

continues with pic:-
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=20302

Madwelshboy
July 23rd, 2010, 10:43 PM
SDCC: The Helmets From Thor Revealed!

Marvel Studios has unveiled the helmets of Loki, Odin and Thor from the anticipated comic book adaptation Thor, directed by Kenneth Branagh.

The helmets were in a display case at the Marvel Booth at Comic-Con that has been covered up until just now! These are the actual helmets worn by Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston and Sir Anthony Hopkins in the May 6, 2011 release.

Pic at:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/104605-sdcc-the-helmets-from-thor-revealed

Madwelshboy
July 24th, 2010, 11:42 PM
Thor Comic Con Panel Highlights!

Here are all the best bits of the Comic Con panel including a detailed description of the footage shown.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=20559

SaberBlade
July 29th, 2010, 05:04 AM
The Comic-Con trailer.

http://io9.com/5599251/check-out-the-full-thor-trailer-and-get-hammered

It's slow to load but almost 5 minutes long. I really can't wait for a HD release of this vid. I'm loving Coulson more, seems he's getting a bigger role for sure in this one.

Artha O'neill
July 29th, 2010, 05:37 AM
^^^^

here's a better version:

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2010/07/29/thor-comic-con-trailer-leaks/

Replicator Todd
July 29th, 2010, 11:51 AM
The trailer looks awesome!

Dr Lee
July 30th, 2010, 12:17 AM
apparently the Iron Man 2 BluRay will have both the Thor trailer and the Captain America teaser shown at SDCC

SaberBlade
July 30th, 2010, 12:34 AM
When is the Blu-Ray out?

Replicator Todd
July 30th, 2010, 10:41 AM
When is the Blu-Ray out?

September 28th in the US, no idea when it is released in the UK.

nx01a
July 30th, 2010, 01:21 PM
The trailer is great! Looks like the movie will live up to expectations. :)

SaberBlade
July 30th, 2010, 01:47 PM
September 28th in the US, no idea when it is released in the UK.

I'd expect the HD trailers to be leaked, or legitimately released long before that. I'm hoping so anyway.

Madwelshboy
July 31st, 2010, 02:02 AM
Uk release of Iron Man 2 is 25 Oct.

Madwelshboy
July 31st, 2010, 11:28 PM
SDCC 10: Loki Tells All

Following Marvel Studios' highly anticipated panel Saturday at San Diego Comic-Con, we were able to chat with some of the stars of their forthcoming Thor movie. During a roundtable chat with Tom Hiddleston, the British actor opened up about playing the villainous Loki in the Kenneth Branagh-directed adaptation.

continues:
http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/110/1109245p1.html

Artha O'neill
December 10th, 2010, 04:21 PM
First 'Thor' Trailer Unveils a Different Breed of Superhero

http://files.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/256265_S/Thor-The-First-Official-Trailer-Has-Hit.jpg
http://blog.movies.yahoo.com/blog/273-first-thor-trailer-unveils-a-different-breed-of-superhero

enjoy

Madwelshboy
December 11th, 2010, 01:26 AM
Looks awesome!!

Wyrminarrd
December 11th, 2010, 02:19 AM
The new trailer looks awesome, this is definitely the movie I'm waiting for the most now :cool:

nx01a
December 15th, 2010, 09:33 PM
The new trailer, the new poster... I have such high hopes for this movie! It's definitely the #1 movie I'll be seeing opening night next year!

BayGateScape
December 29th, 2010, 05:36 PM
After looking at the trailer, it seems cheesy :(

Replicator Todd
December 29th, 2010, 06:05 PM
After looking at the trailer, it seems cheesy :(

:eek:

the fifth man
December 29th, 2010, 08:12 PM
I liked the trailer. This movie could be very good.

Artha O'neill
February 6th, 2011, 05:52 PM
'Thor' Super Bowl Ad

Source (http://blog.movies.yahoo.com/blog/565-first-captain-america-footage-shown-during-the-super-bowl)

"scroll down"

Dr Lee
February 7th, 2011, 03:30 AM
Honestly? bit underwhelmed by this one...

nx01a
February 7th, 2011, 04:00 PM
I enjoyed it. High hopes for this movie. :)

the fifth man
February 7th, 2011, 06:12 PM
I thought the Super Bowl trailer was pretty decent.

Artha O'neill
February 17th, 2011, 05:44 PM
New "Thor" Trailer Debuts

source (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=30905)

enjoy!

SaberBlade
February 17th, 2011, 05:56 PM
I really enjoyed the trailer up to the point where it says "In 3D". Like we don't already know they'll whore it across every IMAX and 3D capable cinema on the planet.

Replicator Todd
February 17th, 2011, 06:52 PM
New "Thor" Trailer Debuts

source (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=30905)

enjoy!

Awesome, I sure hope Thor does well being one of the more non-popular Marvel characters IMO.

nx01a
February 17th, 2011, 07:18 PM
Frost giant face + Mjolnir = WIN!

Dr Lee
February 18th, 2011, 01:50 AM
the new trailer was FAR better than the rubbish they showed during the Superbowl...

Cairistiona
February 18th, 2011, 10:21 AM
Awesome trailer, this movie is on my must-watch list!

Ukko
February 18th, 2011, 11:04 AM
"This drink i like it, another!" *Smash*:D

Artha O'neill
March 18th, 2011, 12:40 PM
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/thor-new2.jpg
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/thor-new1.jpg

nx01a
March 18th, 2011, 01:55 PM
The second one is sweet. I love Thor's pose and the highlights on everyone's eyes.
Being in the 'international market', I hope I can snag one of them :)

Dr Lee
March 18th, 2011, 01:56 PM
they both are great....

Replicator Todd
March 21st, 2011, 12:05 PM
Those posters are just fantastic! I can see the top one as a DVD cover.

Artha O'neill
March 28th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Behold Thor's IMAX Poster

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/115/1158085/Thor-IMAX-1-Sht_1301356894.jpg

nx01a
March 28th, 2011, 09:49 PM
All I want is a poster declaring 'Yeah? Well MY god has a hammer!" :D

Madwelshboy
April 3rd, 2011, 02:33 AM
Thor Teaser Clip
http://www.comicvine.com/thor-taser-clip/112-1479/

Kat Dennings could easly steal the spotlight, with her one liners.

Ukko
April 3rd, 2011, 03:00 AM
Thor Teaser Clip

That was funny:D

WingedPegasus
April 3rd, 2011, 03:19 PM
Thor Teaser Clip

:lol: That was hilarious! :D

Angela V
April 6th, 2011, 08:42 AM
I was mentioning to my husband how Thor toys are out already but the movie is not. My 11 year old son overheard. He asked if it was a Stargate movie. I looked at him and asked he what he meant. He says, you know Thor is in SG-1. Doh. Yeah, he was expecting a movie with the little alien guy.:thoranime07:

Replicator Todd
April 6th, 2011, 11:00 AM
I was mentioning to my husband how Thor toys are out already but the movie is not. My 11 year old son overheard. He asked if it was a Stargate movie. I looked at him and asked he what he meant. He says, you know Thor is in SG-1. Doh. Yeah, he was expecting a movie with the little alien guy.:thoranime07:

Hehe, I could see alien Thor wield a hammer and kick but Asgard style. :cool:

Artha O'neill
April 8th, 2011, 06:05 AM
New Thor Clip Offers Shadowy Peek At Hawkeye

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5mKYptN2J0&feature=player_embedded

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/thor-hawkeye-570x241.jpg

Dr Lee
April 8th, 2011, 06:08 AM
That is a tease and a half....

Replicator Todd
April 8th, 2011, 11:20 AM
That is a tease and a half....

Yup. :p

SaberBlade
April 23rd, 2011, 06:19 AM
Just learnt my local cinema is doing previews a few days early, so starting Monday I'll be able to see it. Will probably be expensive getting to and from cinema because it's Easter Monday but may be worth it. Just disappointed it's only in 3D, but I'll have to just accept it and go.

Madwelshboy
April 23rd, 2011, 06:30 AM
Just learnt my local cinema is doing previews a few days early, so starting Monday I'll be able to see it. Will probably be expensive getting to and from cinema because it's Easter Monday but may be worth it. Just disappointed it's only in 3D, but I'll have to just accept it and go.

My local cinema have both 2D and 3D showings on Monday and I'll be there with a few friends for the first showing at 12:30pm.

Dr Lee
April 23rd, 2011, 06:33 AM
with it being a Bank Holiday here on Monday, we've got a couple of cinema's near us that are showing Thor Monday, then starting properly Thursday...

So we'll be there Monday to see it.

nx01a
April 23rd, 2011, 06:39 AM
Little Thor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPNjWWQqWCACan you catch all the Marvel references? :P

scifan
April 23rd, 2011, 12:35 PM
Little Thor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPNjWWQqWCACan you catch all the Marvel references? :P

I just saw this on my cousin's FB page and was gonna post this too.... Me and the boys laughed so hard!!! http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z259/luvjandt/smilies/4.gif http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z259/luvjandt/smilies/iakbjkuu.gif

Sp!der
April 24th, 2011, 02:22 AM
I am gonna watch it on friday, hopefully. everything looks promising. The Score is by Patrick Doyle (YEAH! ;) ) I hope Anthony Hopkins gets a little bit more of screentime... (?) I have no idea about the comics though! On which Marvel Comics are these comics based, did they said that? or did you just use the marvel characters and do an own story?

Mr Evil 37
April 24th, 2011, 05:20 AM
I should be seeing it sometime in the next week, I am really excited! All of the Avengers movies so far have been great (Iron Man 1 and 2, The Incredible Hulk); I just hope that they can keep going for Thor, Captain America and The Avengers.

Madwelshboy
April 25th, 2011, 07:21 AM
Just a flying visit to post... so I apologize if it dosent make scene..lol

All I can say is WOW... Thor really excided my expectations. Its unlike any other superhero movie that's been made and probably the best marvel studios film to date, IMHO. It has everything, action, adventure, comedy, romance.....
The effects are stunning.Both Asgard and Jotunheim look stunning. The battle between the asgardians and the frost gaints was awesome.

The story was good... a nice way of introducing the character an mythology to the general public.There was a nice balance between Earth and Asgard. All the cast were convincing in their roles.

However its not perfect... but films rarely are I wished that they had included Balder. But like other small things, this can easly be overlooked and dosent take away from the film.

And dont forget the post credits scene!

Nick Fury! Cosmic Cube!

SaberBlade
April 25th, 2011, 09:23 AM
I'm not going to decide on what I think about the movie until I see it in 2D. 3D was completely crap. Half the time it was like watching a 2D movie wearing sunglasses and I had a better view watching it slightly blurry with my normal specs at times (yay for poor eyesight). I did like it though, but disappointed my first real 3D experience was such a disappointing visual experience (but the CGI was great)

Madwelshboy
April 25th, 2011, 09:41 AM
I'm not going to decide on what I think about the movie until I see it in 2D. 3D was completely crap. Half the time it was like watching a 2D movie wearing sunglasses and I had a better view watching it slightly blurry with my normal specs at times (yay for poor eyesight). I did like it though, but disappointed my first real 3D experience was such a disappointing visual experience (but the CGI was great)

Im glad I didnt see it in 3D now then. We had planned to, but we where 40min early for the 3D showing and the 2D was just about to start. So we opted to see the 2D rather than wait around.

Sp!der
April 25th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Sounds awesome can't wait.

Dr Lee
April 25th, 2011, 10:10 AM
Seen it... bloody good movie...

Cairistiona
April 25th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Thanks for your recommendations! It's starting here on Thursday, and I think I'll watch the 2D version :)

Dr Lee
April 25th, 2011, 11:05 AM
it's set to start here Thursday as well, but the cinema near me was cashing in on the Non-school day of Easter Monday... with all Marvel movies, make sure you stay till the credits end :D

jelgate
April 25th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Love the nice reviews but the cheapskate that I says I will wait until it comes on Netflix in a few months to watch. The positive buzz is encouraging

Wyrminarrd
April 25th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Seeing it on Wednesday :)

Morgania
April 26th, 2011, 08:15 AM
It's not out here yet. Hope to see it soon.

Wyrminarrd
April 27th, 2011, 03:31 PM
Just came back from seeing "Thor". Very good movie, well worth seeing :)

Mr Evil 37
April 28th, 2011, 10:54 AM
The 3D wasn't that bad, but who cares about that...

Because the film was amazing! The story, the characters, the acting, the subtext, the special effects, the production values; everything was great. The Hawkeye cameo was awesome, as were the mentions of Bruce Banner and Tony Stark.

Great film. Really hyped for Captain America now!

Sp!der
April 28th, 2011, 11:20 AM
God, I so want to watch it.. but everywhere its in frakking 3D...:(

Puddle-Jumper
April 28th, 2011, 12:29 PM
Going to see this saturday.. can't wait

Mr Evil 37
April 28th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Just go and see it in 3D, it's not the worse conversion I've ever seen. Far, far better than Clash of the Titans.

Sp!der
May 1st, 2011, 04:51 AM
Just go and see it in 3D, it's not the worse conversion I've ever seen. Far, far better than Clash of the Titans.

All right, I can not wait to watch this movie! Will watch it tomorrow or tuesday, but its only shown in german where I live.. :( so I have to live with the frakked up german version! god I hate that, why cant they put subtitles in it and leave the original movie as it is.
I just buyed on friday the Graphic Novel "Ultimate Thor" - Vol 1. is the movie based on it?

Cairistiona
May 1st, 2011, 09:36 AM
Will watch it tomorrow or tuesday, but its only shown in german where I live.. :( so I have to live with the frakked up german version! god I hate that, why cant they put subtitles in it and leave the original movie as it is.

I know this problem! Where I live it's only in German, I would have to drive about 50 kilometers (one way) to watch the original version, and they show not every movie in English :S

And yes, it's only possible to watch in 3D. Wednesday will be the day for me, just planned it with my friend :)

WingedPegasus
May 1st, 2011, 10:51 AM
God, I so want to watch it.. but everywhere its in frakking 3D...:(

I know! There's a theater with huge screens only 5 minutes away, but when we go see a movie, we usually end up driving 20 minutes to a slightly smaller theater that shows stuff in 2-D. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I kinda want to see this one. :D It looks pretty good, and the critics seem to like it so far.

Replicator Todd
May 1st, 2011, 11:26 AM
3D needs to die. Thor should whack it to death with Mjolnir.

WingedPegasus
May 1st, 2011, 11:31 AM

LOL :P

The one movie I really wish I'd seen in 3D is How to Train Your Dragon.

Madwelshboy
May 2nd, 2011, 12:57 PM
Thor's Hammer Smashes International Box Office

Marvel's "Thor" hasn't been released in the United States yet but it has already smashed box offices around the world, sending the Norse God straight to No. 1.

"Thor" is now running in theaters in 56 overseas markets and has snagged a gross of $83 million in its opening weekend. The figure marks 2011's biggest opening weekend yet and it will only continue to do well once the film officially opens in domestic theaters.

continues:
http://www.airlockalpha.com/node/8461/thors-hammer-smashes-international-box-office.html

Heaven
May 3rd, 2011, 02:31 AM
right!!!!!!

this is so annoying! I'm dying to watch this film but 3d gives me headache
guess I'm gonna wait for DVD :(

Sp!der
May 4th, 2011, 04:10 AM
I couldn't wait untill the DVD arrives so I bought a ticket for tomorrow afternoon. Sadly in German and 3D but I have to ignore this fact and just enjoy this movie. The Score is awesome!!!

knowles2
May 4th, 2011, 05:06 AM

I not to bothered about 3d, cant see the effect, so the only effect is on the wallet.

But I am starting to here good words about 3d looking in dance films and a couple of art house movies. So hopefully that will start to filterdown into other movies.

Cairistiona
May 5th, 2011, 05:46 AM
I've watched it yesterday, but was too tired to come here after it.
It was 3D (and German), and I found the 3D not that bad. The movie itself was good, the effects were really awesome, I liked the introduction of the characters and the Asgard design. But for me the story was not really boring, but also not very exciting.
For me: Good movie, worth watching, but not worth DVD-buying.

Sp!der
May 5th, 2011, 09:51 AM
I watched it in German and 3D as well. I LOVED it!!!! Every bit and peace of this movie! After ten minutes after it began I did not mind the german... The music, the setting, the actors, hell I even liked Natalie Portman here... I think this is the best Marvel with Iron Man I / II ! I am so hyped for Captain America and The Avengers now.. and I cannot wait to see Thor 2, I hope it does well in the cinema! I stayed until the very end...boy I did I giggled when I saw Nick Fury...:) and it was awesome to see Stan Lee again :)

I cannot wait to see it in english and in the normal version...I hope we do not have to wait until December for the dvd...

mr_kennedy
May 6th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Brilliant film!! hope we get a sequel (i cant wait for the Avengers)

Starsaber
May 7th, 2011, 10:50 AM
What a rip off. Thor wasn't even in the movie. :thoranime07:

Just kidding. It wasn't quite up there with the Iron Man movies, but still pretty fun. And Jane's sidekick had me cracking up pretty much every time she said anything.

Oh, and on the way out, someone behind me commented that Loki looked a bit like a young Brent Spiner, and I can see it. Maybe a nephew or something. Loki kept me guessing about his motivation the whole time.

First I thought he was just jealous, then I thought he was betraying Asgard in favor of his true people. Then my first guess ended up being right and he was actually setting things up to kill his own people so he could take the credit for it.

Oh, and I didn't know Green Arrow worked for SHIELD.

Madwelshboy
May 7th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Box office update: 'Thor' collects $25.7 mil from puny mortals on Friday

The god of thunder did pretty much what was expected of him, as Thor led the box office on Friday with $25.7 million, according to early estimates. That places the $150 million superhero film, which was released by Paramount but produced by Disney-owned Marvel Studios, on track for a $67 million opening weekend. Taking into consideration that Thor isn’t one of Marvel’s most well-known characters, and that star Chris Hemsworth isn’t a household name yet, $67 million should be viewed as a solid debut for the PG-13 movie. Among recent Marvel-based projects, Thor will finish in between The Incredible Hulk ($55.4 mil) and X-Men Origins: Wolverine ($85.1 mil).

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2011/05/07/box-office-thor/

ScifigirlSG
May 7th, 2011, 12:47 PM
I went to see Thor today and liked the movie. It was definitely left open for sequels and a possible tv series.

Giantevilhead
May 7th, 2011, 01:22 PM
The movie turned out to be much better than I expected and it really raised my expectations for Captain America and X-Men. It also makes me want to see WB/DC make movies based on Jack Kirby's Fourth World.

TheRandomOne
May 7th, 2011, 01:50 PM
I went to see Thor today and liked the movie. It was definitely left open for sequels and a possible tv series.

Thor goes back to Earth in The Avengers

the fifth man
May 7th, 2011, 06:49 PM
I have yet to see this. It has been a very hectic few days. Hopefully, I will get to see it soon.

Shan Bruce Lee
May 10th, 2011, 10:53 AM
The movie was great, I just wish he'd gotten his powers back sooner. Then again he handled himself alright without them when he had to. Except when the giant robot *****ed him up.

SoulReaver
May 11th, 2011, 12:17 PM
3D needs to die. I say thee nay ! they should just make better use of it

anyway...the movie. more of a qiuck ride (like the last Star Trek movie), over way too soon. it didn't stick much to the comics but then again I didn't expect it too

still a few gripes though

- Odin...with an eye patch ? what kind of "god" can't regenerate ? in the comics even Thor can quckly recover from far more serious injuries - and Odin if far above Thor. this is plain ridiculous

- the Destroyer got punked way too easily. this is equally ridiculous

Sp!der
May 13th, 2011, 02:13 AM
I loved it that much, I am gonna watch it a second time but in english, finally!

LtColCarter
May 29th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Finally got to see Thor. I really enjoyed it. Maybe I should ride out to the dessert in New Mexico and see if I can find a hot man! But seriously, it was an excellent movie and I do hope we get another one! Anyone know if there are any plans for another Thor movie?

the fifth man
May 29th, 2011, 06:08 PM
I still have not seen this. I really hope to soon.

LtColCarter
May 30th, 2011, 05:08 AM
I still have not seen this. I really hope to soon.

I was really impressed with it, and I think you'd like it as well. I'd like to get another viewing in before its off the big screen.

offworlder716
May 30th, 2011, 05:39 AM
I heard they were planning a sequel before they even released the first. Same with Iron Man 3.

LtColCarter
May 30th, 2011, 08:55 AM
I heard they were planning a sequel before they even released the first. Same with Iron Man 3.

Meh to Iron Man...but I'm excited about a Thor sequel! :D

Sp!der
May 31st, 2011, 10:34 AM
Meh to Iron Man...but I'm excited about a Thor sequel! :D

great you loved it! My favorite Marvel Movie as well...

BayGateScape
June 1st, 2011, 07:35 PM
just cant stop listening to tunes from Thor :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dFGb9mpSx4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGvp43IxyAo

The Flyattractor
June 1st, 2011, 07:53 PM

That seems to happen a lot with movies nowadays actually.

Gem of Tigress
June 8th, 2011, 04:42 PM
saw it and loved it. :D a sequel would be nice :D:D

LtColCarter
June 9th, 2011, 01:32 PM
saw it and loved it. :D a sequel would be nice :D:D

:indeed:

TheRandomOne
June 9th, 2011, 05:54 PM
The Avengers will kind of be Thor, Iron Man, Captain America sequels since they are all in it

LtColCarter
June 11th, 2011, 01:00 PM
The Avengers will kind of be Thor, Iron Man, Captain America sequels since they are all in it

Will they use the same actors?