X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

biggest atlantis plot hole(spoilers)

Spoiler:
    In the prodigal, did anyone notice that out of 20 soldiers, shepard was the only one to chase michael to the top of the tower, everybody else stayed in the gateroom
    Last edited by major davis; 02 December 2008, 01:58 PM.
    sigpic

So dramatic effect and excitement are all of a sudden plot holes?

Did I miss something?

Comment

methinks you need to revise what a plot hole is.

because that certainly wasnt one. and if it was, it wouldnt qualify as the BIGGEST plot hole.
      "There's nothing to be gained by second-guessing yourself. You can't remake the past. So look ahead… or risk being left behind"

Woolsey: That sounded like another explosion.
      O'Neill: Yes. Yes it did.
      Woolsey: What does that mean?
      O'Neill: Something exploded...

sigpic

Comment

Did people forget what plot hole means recently? I have seen a lot of those plot hole threads that arent actually plot holes LOL
        sigpic
        I love the big hairy fuzzy men on TV, mmmm
        "I'll Be Your Freyr Elrad, Wait For Me!!!
        Me On YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/airricksreloaded

Comment

guys, im just trying to see if im the only one who realises these goofs(if they are even goofs)
          sigpic

Comment

Thats the only reason the prodigal wasn't my fav ep of stargate. Plus
            Spoiler:
            No one checked for michael body, for example if the army shot osama bin laden, they would not just leave his body to rot. They would first make sure he was dead, then bring his body in
            sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
              His body fell from the top of Atlantis' highest tower. It was paste upon impact. There would be no body to check for.
              sigpic
              Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                guys, im just trying to see if im the only one who realises these goofs(if they are even goofs)
                They're not. They're dramatic licence. Without them, the show would be a bloody bore.
                My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

Major Davis. THINK BEFORE YOU POST!!!! please! you have posted many good things, and many bad. you are new to gate world, i am too. just sit and think before you post.

sigpic
                  Sig made by squirrely1
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
                  *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

hmm how is osama bin laden dying a spoiler?
                    O_O

Comment

Yeah I'd have to say the biggest plot hole is the fact that a race of beings who can build city sized ships with impenetrable shields lost the war to a species who's ships are slower, less powerful, and don't have shields. With all their power, drones, automated satellites, and cloaking technology they couldn't figure out where the wraith cloning facilities were and destroy them? They also could have built a weapon just like the one on dakara and set it to destroy the wraith. Finally, why didn't they seek the help of the asgard, nox, or furlings? The 4 great races would have easily wiped out the wraith. The way our asgard beams work on the wraith ships so good means it should be a piece of cake for the 4 great races

Comment

Originally posted by major davis View Post
                        Thats the only reason the prodigal wasn't my fav ep of stargate. Plus
                        Spoiler:
                        No one checked for michael body, for example if the army shot osama bin laden, they would not just leave his body to rot. They would first make sure he was dead, then bring his body in

from the height he fell from, theres no possible way he would have survived. he proboly reached terminal velocity before he was halfway down.

and they could have gotton the body but just didint show it in the episode. they just let the audience assume that over a thousand foot fall would be deadly.
                        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Ok, I'm gonna have to be a little bit of an A-hole here to say want I need to truthfully.

1. Not a plot hole. Yes they could have done something better, but not a plot hole. 20 people not running to the top of a tower will not effect how the story plays out as long as the main characters do what they need to do.

2. Must they show us EVERYTHING? Come on, this is Micheal we're talking about. Of course they at least tried to check for a body. Though the people in Atlantis aren't stupid either, so they probably thought he'd become paste on impact--concrete or water, it doesn't matter.

Ok. My "mean speech" is turned off. I can see why you didn't like the episode and I sort of agree with you on some things, but you do have to know exactly what it is before you start talking about it. Here's your sign.
                          sigpic
                          ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Until they show Michaels body on screen in a dramatic scene where his reign is finally over...i'm going to assume Michael is still alive. If he did die in the Prodigal I'm going to be very pissed off. I wanted his death to be in a movie where him and Sheppard duel and just as Michael is about to plunge a knife into Sheppard's chest, Ronon comes up from behind, rips him off of Sheppard and then Sheppard leaps up and impales him with a giant spear like thing. That'd be better.

Or maybe just have Michael standing there. "You will all bow before me." Sheppard sneaks up behind him and sticks him with C4. "Bow before..." BOOM!!!!! For a comedic ending.
                            There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfire32 View Post
                              Here's your sign.
                              I love that - So much!

Agreed though. Its not a plot hole. I think its easy to establish that then went and scraped him off the side of the city, and that it was only Shepherd and Teyla chasing him down was just dramatic licence. Not militarily correct, but climactic and cool.
                              : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
                              : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

Working...
                              X