December 2nd, 2008, 05:21 AM
excerpt:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117996647.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

Dec 1 2008

Sci Fi greenlights 'Battlestar' prequel
'Caprica' to star Eric Stoltz, Esai Morales
By DANIEL FRANKEL
'Caprica' is set 50 years prior to 'Battlestar Galactica.'

Sci Fi Channel has greenlit "Caprica," the much-anticipated prequel to hit series "Battlestar Galactica."

"Caprica" will star Eric Stoltz, Esai Morales, Paula Malcomson and Polly Walker, and will be set 50 years prior to "Galactica's" seminal attack on human civilization by those dreaded 'droids the Cylons. Family-drama-themed series will focus on the Earthlike planet of Caprica as two rival families deal with, among other topical issues, the broader implications of their society's emerging artificial intelligence technology sector.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Berg417448
December 2nd, 2008, 05:31 AM
2010? I'll forget about it by then!

Pharaoh Atem
December 2nd, 2008, 05:59 AM
yippee

g.o.d
December 2nd, 2008, 06:21 AM
great news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mongoletsi
December 2nd, 2008, 06:53 AM
Surely this means we'll get to see a Baby Bill? :D

gange57
December 2nd, 2008, 07:15 AM
Good to hear.

Briangate78
December 2nd, 2008, 07:26 AM
This show looks very uninteresting, worse than SGU, imo. They should just continue with BSG and SGA, instead of making new shows. :S

g.o.d
December 2nd, 2008, 07:41 AM
This show looks very uninteresting, worse than SGU, imo. They should just continue with BSG and SGA, instead of making new shows. :S

I'm actually glad BSG will end. All good things must come to an end.It's much better to end it now than making more and more seasons like Stargate. And as for SGA, for me this show is agonizing to watch.And after some news I don't care about SGU either. For me, the whole Stargate franchise is dead.

I'm very happy that Scifi will continue to air very different scifi show as they've been airing BSG which is not a typical scifi show like ST or SG.

Showfan
December 2nd, 2008, 11:23 AM
excerpt:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117996647.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

Dec 1 2008

Sci Fi greenlights 'Battlestar' prequel
'Caprica' to star Eric Stoltz, Esai Morales
By DANIEL FRANKEL
'Caprica' is set 50 years prior to 'Battlestar Galactica.'

Sci Fi Channel has greenlit "Caprica," the much-anticipated prequel to hit series "Battlestar Galactica."

"Caprica" will star Eric Stoltz, Esai Morales, Paula Malcomson and Polly Walker, and will be set 50 years prior to "Galactica's" seminal attack on human civilization by those dreaded 'droids the Cylons. Family-drama-themed series will focus on the Earthlike planet of Caprica as two rival families deal with, among other topical issues, the broader implications of their society's emerging artificial intelligence technology sector.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Good cast. Interestingly, they're all over or pushing 40. Not a youngster amongst them...

Eric Stoltz - 47
Esai Morales - 46
Polly Walker - 42
Paula Malcomson - 38

What is Sci-fi thinking!!!!!!!!! Where will they ever find the demographic to watch these geezers! ;)

*tongue in cheek*

daniel9
December 2nd, 2008, 04:38 PM
lol its airing early 2009 on sky1. so most ppl will have seen it by the time scifi gets their game together, and that will mean not as good ratings

Trek_Girl42
December 3rd, 2008, 11:19 AM
YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! :D I've liked the concept behind this show since we first heard of it. :)

I'm actually glad BSG will end. All good things must come to an end.It's much better to end it now than making more and more seasons like Stargate. And as for SGA, for me this show is agonizing to watch.And after some news I don't care about SGU either. For me, the whole Stargate franchise is dead.

I'm very happy that Scifi will continue to air very different scifi show as they've been airing BSG which is not a typical scifi show like ST or SG.I agree- I fail to grasp this "more more more" mentality people seem to have with shows. :rolleyes: More shows could do with taking a lead from BSG. BSG is the best show I've ever seen, it's likly to remain my favourite, I'm sad that that it's ending, but ultimately I am glad because I think they're doing it the right way.

And SGA this season ugh....."agonizing" is a good word. I agree that the Stargate franchise is pretty much dead- I never want to see the same thing happen with BSG.

The fact that Caprica is a very different kind of sci-fi show makes me happy- this may not have big space battles and whatnot, but I think Caprica sounds like it will cover the themes at the heart of science fiction. When it comes to television we sometimes forgot that the heart of science fiction is more about the questions of technology, etc, and how it relates to us as human beings, rather than explosions and battles.

Good cast. Interestingly, they're all over or pushing 40. Not a youngster amongst them...

Eric Stoltz - 47
Esai Morales - 46
Polly Walker - 42
Paula Malcomson - 38

What is Sci-fi thinking!!!!!!!!! Where will they ever find the demographic to watch these geezers! ;)

*tongue in cheek*
Wow, that's pretty surprising. But it sounds like they've got some pretty good actors there- Eric Stoltz is always good. :)

lol its airing early 2009 on sky1. so most ppl will have seen it by the time scifi gets their game together, and that will mean not as good ratingsBut that's only the pilot. The actual series hasn't been made yet.....remember what happened when the BSG mini aired on Sky One first? ;)

Mongoletsi
December 3rd, 2008, 11:31 AM
What G.O.D and TrekGirl said.

"Agonizing" sums SGA up. S5 is just a load of unrelated fillers, bound by occaisional Michael references.

I'm gutted BSG is going; especially since S4 has built up to sheer brilliance. I was worried after S3, but now it's back on form and going to go out on a massive high.

It's a shame BSG didn't get more mainstream success. Sci-fi-avoiding mates would just mock when I suggested they try it. The stigma of the original cheese I guess... and the fact (despite spending $$$ on it), NBC left it on SciFi instead of taking a risk and showing it on NBC itself.

Caprica... again, why's it on SciFi? If it's determined to be "more of a family drama than a SciFi", then surely SciFi is the wrong home for it? Stick it on the mainstream, show some balls. If it's good, it'll succeed, and probably get non-Frakers into BSG... DVD sales innit.

I'm massively excited about Caprica, on the basis that there's something BSG-related at least to comfort us when it's gone.

hamatau'ri
December 3rd, 2008, 12:10 PM
YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! :D I've liked the concept behind this show since we first heard of it. :)

I agree- I fail to grasp this "more more more" mentality people seem to have with shows. :rolleyes: More shows could do with taking a lead from BSG. BSG is the best show I've ever seen, it's likly to remain my favourite, I'm sad that that it's ending, but ultimately I am glad because I think they're doing it the right way.

And SGA this season ugh....."agonizing" is a good word. I agree that the Stargate franchise is pretty much dead- I never want to see the same thing happen with BSG.

The fact that Caprica is a very different kind of sci-fi show makes me happy- this may not have big space battles and whatnot, but I think Caprica sounds like it will cover the themes at the heart of science fiction. When it comes to television we sometimes forgot that the heart of science fiction is more about the questions of technology, etc, and how it relates to us as human beings, rather than explosions and battles.

Wow, that's pretty surprising. But it sounds like they've got some pretty good actors there- Eric Stoltz is always good. :)

But that's only the pilot. The actual series hasn't been made yet.....remember what happened when the BSG mini aired on Sky One first? ;)

I really agree with what you are saying. BSG, IMO is a brilliant example to SciFi. For one thing, the writing was good - I can hardly remember any empty irrelevant episodes, which became ubiquitous in SGA circa Season 4 and the latter part for Stargate SG-1 ( e.g Quarantine - a whole ep just about a city locking up). The really good episodes of Stargate IMO were the early ones (maybe exclude Emancipation...). They were well- written, and non-plot episodes actually contributed in some form even if it was just a random ep (e.g Tin Man). BSG is good, and thats why it will end with a bang. I would rather that than having lengthly unclear episodes with only about 5 OK episodes and the rest were crap (SGA S5, SG-1 S10.5).

BSG did brilliantly, now time for Caprica, which I think will be really interesting. For starters, we'll get to know a bit more about the Colonies' society, infrastructure (by that we mean the set for the Tollan new homeworld and Ba'al's time machine!). We'll also follow the Adama family, and if the series is in that timeframe, run into how Tigh ended up in the chain.

DOIKECARTER
December 4th, 2008, 06:22 AM
I´m glad SCIFICHANNEL at last made the good decision! I was getting worried. Still, I´d love to see the Pilot before 2010. This BSG hiatus is endless.

Great news!

prion
December 4th, 2008, 05:06 PM
http://nbcumv.com/scifi/release_detail.nbc/scifi-20081202000000-scifigreenlights.html

'Battlestar Galactica' Prequel Gets 20 Episode Order

Series Slated for 2010 Premiere

Stars Eric Stoltz, Esai Morales, Paula Malcomson and Polly Walker

NEW YORK – December 2, 2008 - SCI FI Channel has greenlit production on the new original series Caprica, ordering 20 hours of the drama including the two-hour pilot, it was announced today by Dave Howe, President, SCI FI. Caprica is the prequel to SCI FI's hit original series Battlestar Galactica and stars Eric Stoltz (Milk, Chicago Hope), Esai Morales (Jericho, NYPD Blue), Paula Malcomson (Deadwood, ER) and Golden Globe nominee Polly Walker (Cane, Rome).

Set 50 years before Battlestar Galactica, Caprica follows two rival families – the Graystones and the Adamas – as they grow, compete, and thrive in the vibrant world of the 12 Colonies, a society recognizably close to our own. Enmeshed in the burgeoning technology of artificial intelligence and robotics that will eventually lead to the creation of the Cylons, the two houses go toe-to-toe blending action with corporate conspiracy and sexual politics. Caprica will deliver all of the passion, intrigue, political backbiting and family conflict in television's first science fiction family saga. Production on the series is slated to begin summer '09 in Vancouver for a 2010 premiere. Jeffrey Reiner (Friday Night Lights) directed the pilot.

"Caprica will build on Battlestar Galactica's acclaimed legacy of gripping drama and extraordinary characters," says Dave Howe in making the announcement. "It's the beginning of a brand new epic saga that will appeal to both new viewers, totally unfamiliar with the Battlestar franchise, as well as existing loyal and passionate Battlestar fans."

"Ron, David and Remi have created an amazing series with thought-provoking storytelling that deals with a world very similar to our own. It's definitely not as dark as Battlestar, but like that show, this series has smart, dimensional characters who grapple with issues of love, sex and politics from a world in transition," says Mark Stern, Executive Vice President, Original Programming for SCI FI & Co-Head Original Content, Universal Cable Productions.

As the series begins, a startling development is about to occur - the creation of the first cybernetic life-form node or "Cylon" – the ability to marry artificial intelligence with mechanical bodies. Joseph Adama (Esai Morales) – father of future Battlestar commander William Adama (Sina Najafi) – a renowned civil liberties lawyer, becomes an opponent of the experiments undertaken by the Graystones (Eric Stoltz), owners of a large computer corporation that is spearheading the development of these living robots: the Cylons.

Caprica is produced by Universal Cable Productions and executive produced by Ronald D. Moore and David Eick (Battlestar Galactica) and Remi Aubuchon (24). It is co-written by Aubuchon and Moore and directed by Jeffrey Reiner (Friday Night Lights).

Images are available at http://nbcumv.com/scifi.

SCI FI Channel is a television network where "what if" is what's on. SCI FI fuels the imagination of viewers with original series and events, blockbuster movies and classic science fiction and fantasy programming, as well as a dynamic Web site (www.scifi.com ) and magazine. Launched in 1992, and currently in 93 million homes, SCI FI Channel is a network of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies.

# # #

Michelle Rosenblatt 212.664.4759 [email protected]

Pharaoh Atem
December 20th, 2008, 05:43 AM
http://www.scifistream.com/2008/12/16/david-eick-departs-philanthropist-for-caprica/

david eick is returning to bsg to help run caprica

prion
January 5th, 2009, 02:24 PM
http://nbcumv.com/scifi/release_detail.nbc/scifi-20090105000000-scifiwire46comla.html

SCIFIWIRE.COM LAUNCHES AS STAND ALONE NEWS SITE
Published: January 5, 2009

Successful Website to be a Source for Breaking News

NEW YORK – January 5, 2009 – SCI FI Channel's SCIFI.com, the world's most heavily-trafficked genre Web site, will spin off its popular daily entertainment news service into a new stand alone site at SCIFIWIRE.COM, it was announced today by Craig Engler, Senior Vice President of SCI FI.com and SCI FI Magazine. SCI FI Wire is the premiere source for fast-breaking entertainment news related to science fiction, fantasy and horror on topics ranging from TV and movies to books and games. Rapid growth in traffic and ad sales propelled the relaunch SCI FI Wire as its own site, which will include a new logo and redesigned homepage.

"The SCI FI audience is passionate about technology, gaming and entertainment, so those three affinity areas were the natural places to expand our brand," said Craig Engler in making the announcement. "All three have been tremendously successful for us both in terms of audience and ad sales, and we expect Dvice.com, Fidgit.com and the newly launched Scifiwire.com to thrive in 2009."

SCI FI Wire is the third new site launched by SCI FI in the past year and continues the brand's expansion strategy into the areas of technology, entertainment and gaming. In November 2007, SCI FI unveiled the technology site DVICE.COM, which has since become a Top 100 blog with nearly 700,000 unique visitors each month. In 2008, SCI FI also launched the game site FIDGIT.com and its popular Game Center, which features casual games based on SCI FI properties that link registered players together using social networking features.

Launch week exclusives to include:

A sneak peek from the critically acclaimed drama series Battlestar Galactica, returning January 16.

Interviews with the cast of the new hit television series Fringe.

A first look at Caprica, the anxiously awaited prequel to Battlestar Galactica, featuring Eric Stoltz, Esai Morales, Paula Malcomson and Golden Globe winner Polly Walker.

Viewers can watch a clip from the new original dramedy series Warehouse 13, coming to the Channel this summer and starring Eddie McClintock, Joanne Kelly and Saul Rubinek.

Breaking news about the upcoming series Dollhouse and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.

As the two-part season finale of Sanctuary approaches, fans will be treated to a preview to see whether Dr. Magnus (Amanda Tapping) and her crew can stave off the Cabal before they unleash a plague onto the entire abnormal community.

Launched in 1997, SCI FI Wire started with a few news updates and then grew into a stand-alone sub-section featuring original content. It now has nearly half a million readers and serves millions of page views each month.

SCIFI.COM is the world's largest sci-fi entertainment Web site with more than 3.5 million unique visitors each month. Its award-winning original content ranges from a daily entertainment news service, SCI FI Wire, to full episodes of hit TV shows like Battlestar Galactica and Ghost Hunters.

SCI FI Channel is a television network where "what if" is what's on. SCI FI fuels the imagination of viewers with original series and events, blockbuster movies and classic science fiction and fantasy programming, as well as a dynamic Web site (www.scifi.com ) and magazine. Launched in 1992, and currently in 93 million homes, SCI FI Channel is a network of NBC Universal, one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies.

# # #
Michelle Rosenblatt (212) 664-4759 [email protected]

Bey0nd
January 13th, 2009, 04:35 AM
sounds very meh

the fifth man
January 13th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Since I have enjoyed BSG so much, I'll give Caprica a go. I really don't think it will be as good though.

Platschu
January 14th, 2009, 08:47 AM
I can't understand SciFi channel how could they order Caprica season 1 without the airing of pilot.... It is a very strange decision...

There were some short scenes from the show on scifi.com. I won't say I hate it, but it didn't grabbed my heart either. Greek mythology OK. Robot technology OK. But where are the cylons, space adventure, exiting discoveries? So maybe Caprica will be the new space-Dallas with A.I. feeling, but it almost doesn't bind to BSG at all with anything. :o

g.o.d
January 14th, 2009, 08:49 AM
I can't understand SciFi channel how could they order Caprica season 1 without the airing of pilot.... It is a very strange decision...

There were some short scenes from the show on scifi.com. I won't say I hate it, but it didn't grabbed my heart either. Greek mythology OK. Robot technology OK. But where are the cylons, space adventure, exiting discoveries? So maybe Caprica will be the new space-Dallas with A.I. feeling, but it almost doesn't bind to BSG at all with anything. :o

given the fact, that Caprica series takes place 10 years before the first war, it's obvious we won't see any skinjob from BSG.

Platschu
January 14th, 2009, 09:00 AM
Ok, I knew this. But how can they fill a complete season with the "war" between the two family?

My biggest problem is whatever promo scene I watched I reminded to "they will be bombarded and killed"... :(

g.o.d
February 5th, 2009, 11:13 AM
Caprica-Pilot-Telefilm-Release-Date (http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Caprica-Pilot-Telefilm-Release-Date/11259)

morjana
February 5th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Caprica - Moviehole: Caprica on DVD in April:

At Moviehole (http://www.moviehole.net/200917607-caprica-on-dvd-in-april) (Australia):

(Please follow the link for the complete press release.)

Caprica on DVD in April

Author: Clint Morris

Date: Thursday, February 5th, 2009

This intriguing press release just flittered into the mailbox...

Universal City, Calif. (February 5, 2009) Caprica, the highly anticipated prequel to “Battlestar Galactica,” will enjoy its world premiere exclusively on DVD on April 21, 2009 from Universal Studios Home Entertainment. In a groundbreaking move sure to delight fans of the long-running television phenomenon, the feature-length prequel will be available on DVD as a limited-edition uncut and unrated version before the series’ broadcast premiere on the SCI FI Channel in 2010. Caprica is executive produced by Ronald D. Moore and David Eick (“Battlestar Galactica”) and Remi Aubuchon (“24”). Exclusive bonus features that take viewers behind the scenes of the creation of Caprica make this DVD a landmark event for any fan of “Battlestar Galactica.” The film will also be available at selected online destinations for digital download transactions.

... Universal Cable Productions will begin production on the “Caprica” series in the summer of 2009 in Vancouver for a 2010 television premiere on the SciFi Channel. The DVD of Caprica is priced at $26.98 S.R.P. Preorder close is March 3, 2009.

BONUS FEATURES:

· Feature Commentary with Director Jeffrey Reiner and Executive Producer/Writer Ronald D. Moore and Executive Producer David Eick

· Deleted Scenes

· Video Blogs

· What the Frak is Caprica?

· The Director’s Process

· The V Club

· The Birth of a Cylon

SYNOPSIS

Set 50 years before Battlestar Galactica, Caprica follows two rival families and their patriarchs – Daniel Graystone (Eric Stoltz) and Joseph Adama (Esai Morales) – as they compete and thrive in the vibrant world of the 12 Colonies, a society recognizably close to our own. Enmeshed in the burgeoning technology of artificial intelligence and robotics that will eventually lead to the creation of the Cylons, the two houses go toe-to-toe blending action with corporate conspiracy and sexual politics.

g.o.d
February 5th, 2009, 08:55 PM
http://www.capricadvd.com/images/copy.jpg
http://www.capricadvd.com/images/caprica_logo.jpg
http://www.capricadvd.com/images/index_06.jpg
http://www.capricadvd.com/images/release_date.jpg

Flyboy
February 6th, 2009, 11:20 AM
With any luck, the R2 release won't be far behind.

But can someone please explain this unrated thing to me...?

I know Razor was 'unrated' yet here in the UK, it DOES have a rating, and it's a 15. I heard in another thread that when the Stargate movies were "unrated" one of the users (a mother) was concerned, because unrated usually means pornographic material (her words, not mine). So could someone please explain this?

Cheers.

the fifth man
February 7th, 2009, 06:31 PM
I will definitely be picking up this DVD. I have to give it a shot.

lunarleviathan
February 8th, 2009, 06:51 PM
With any luck, the R2 release won't be far behind.

But can someone please explain this unrated thing to me...?

I know Razor was 'unrated' yet here in the UK, it DOES have a rating, and it's a 15. I heard in another thread that when the Stargate movies were "unrated" one of the users (a mother) was concerned, because unrated usually means pornographic material (her words, not mine). So could someone please explain this?

Cheers.

Apparently in the US direct-to-DVD films or made for TV films are often released unrated. In the US this is legal because the MPAA is not a legal authority. In the UK, it's illegal to release anything that isn't BBFC rated unless it is marked as exempt.

Flyboy
February 10th, 2009, 06:34 AM
Apparently in the US direct-to-DVD films or made for TV films are often released unrated. In the US this is legal because the MPAA is not a legal authority. In the UK, it's illegal to release anything that isn't BBFC rated unless it is marked as exempt.
Gotcha! Thanks

prion
February 10th, 2009, 06:44 AM
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Battlestar-Prequel-Caprica-1002545.aspx

Battlestar Prequel Caprica Will Debut on DVD
Feb 6, 2009 11:12 PM ET

Now this is peculiar. Caprica's two-hour pilot/TV movie will debut on DVD on April 21.

That's at least eight months before the Battlestar Galactica prequel begins its 22-episode run on the Sci Fi Channel. Just last month, in fact, BSG producers Ron Moore and David Eick confirmed to TVGuide.com's Nerd High Priestess Erin Fox that Caprica wouldn't premiere on the Sci Fi Channel until 2010.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

prion
February 18th, 2009, 05:03 PM
http://scifi.about.com/b/2009/02/18/caprica-pilot-on-dvd-april-21.htm?nl=1

Feb 19

Caprica Pilot on DVD April 21

The fact that we're watching the last episodes of Battlestar Galactica is a stark reminder that very soon the show will be gone. The finale airs March 20, and after that, there's going to be no more Starbuck, no more Adamas, no more Cylons...

But it turns out the Cylons, the Adamas, and the folks of the Twelve Colonies will be back sooner than we think. Even though Caprica, the prequel series that will explore the origins of the artificial intelligence that becomes the Cylon race, isn't due to start airing on Sci Fi for months yet (the channel has been vaguely signaling a premiere date sometime in 2010), the feature-length pilot is actually going to be released in April. And in an unusual (and very canny) move, the Caprica preview is bypassing TV broadcast and coming out straight to DVD.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

prion
February 18th, 2009, 05:04 PM
from an email

Paleyfest

Announcing this year's PALEYFEST lineup!
See Your Favorite Shows and Stars LIVE!
On Sale Now—Premium Packages A, B, C
http://www.paleycenter.org/paleyfest09-premium-packages

Each Premium Package offers two premium seats to four events and two invites to one after-party.
New for 2009: A Premium Festival Pass—on sale now.
http://www.ticketweb.com/t3/sale/SaleEventDetail?dispatch=loadSelectionData&eventId=832744&pl=paley
(it's $1,200 by the way)

Package A:
4/10 It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia
4/11 90210
4/16 The Big Bang Theory
4/21 The Hills

Package B (this one will probably sell out)
4/14 Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog
4/15 Dollhouse
4/20 Caprica: BSG
4/23 Fringe

Package C:
4/13 True Blood
4/17 the Mentalist
4/18 Desperate Housewives
4/22 Big Love

Individual tickets on sale to Members: February 26.
General Public Tickets: March 1.

Find out about the exciting PaleyFest Sponsorship Opportunities.

g.o.d
February 26th, 2009, 12:48 AM
The First look at the DVD box art (http://thetvaddict.com/2009/02/25/first-look-caprica/) + few new photos

http://thetvaddict.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/caprica1.jpg

daniel9
April 13th, 2009, 12:10 PM
i thought i'd bump this since the leak has happened

BJdavidLS
April 13th, 2009, 12:45 PM
i thought i'd bump this since the leak has happened

Yeah, thank you, you're great.
By the way, just a few minutes before I read this post I pre-ordered my copy from amazon :)
Can't wait to watch it

daniel9
April 13th, 2009, 05:20 PM
lol just finished watching it im glad i didnt order the dvd i dotn like it enoughfor repeat viewing. hm there was some small changes btwn this and the script posted awhile bak. i can just bet if this came on scifi chan thered have been alot of blurring becuz of the nudity lol fun fun fun. and we see the first version of the cylon

jenks
April 13th, 2009, 05:49 PM
I've read some reviews and I can't say I like what I'm hearing, not only because the consensus seems to be that it's a soap with the young vibe, but because I'm worried that if it's true that maybe Sci Fi is trying to push SGU in that direction too. :S

kharn the betrayer
April 13th, 2009, 07:49 PM
not done watching it yet but I have to say the butler the greystones have is adorable to me for some reason

also spoilers

wow didnt take long to see the first cylon centurion which was lulzy since it couldent aim worth a damn and Admiral Adama's 69 years old I though he was a slightly younger in BSG

great sound track as well so far *makes note to buy soundtrack*

Edit:I finished it and

le spoilers

while I think It started off slow it got alot better towards the end, the Cylon part was awesome expecially the by your command line, and damn did it get alot better at shooting....plus the music became very galacticaish as well with the Drums and the Remix of ''wander my friends'' from Galactica

so Dvd here I come *hopes they dont release it with the S1 boxset like they did BSG*

Madwelshboy
April 14th, 2009, 01:12 AM
Mel in Washington, D.C.: Getting so excited for Caprica! Will there be any BSG crossover stuff?

Not in the pilot (available online and on DVD April 21), but according to SciFi veep Mark Stern, "I'm lobbying for that. There will definitely be references to Battlestar in Caprica at some point."

http://uk.eonline.com/uberblog/watch_with_kristin/b118469_spoiler_chat_crazy_private_practice.html

Madwelshboy
April 17th, 2009, 09:59 AM
New Caprica video blog examines the director's process

http://scifiwire.com/2009/04/new-caprica-video-blog-ex.php

blitzsnake
April 18th, 2009, 05:39 AM
The actor portraying Daniel made the pilot ten times better. Truly an awesome character.

the fifth man
April 19th, 2009, 05:55 PM
The actor portraying Daniel made the pilot ten times better. Truly an awesome character.

Eric Stoltz was really good. I look forward to seeing more from him. Esai Morales as Joseph Adama was really great to watch too. Two very fine actors, with some serious screen presence.

jenks
April 19th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Five minutes in and I'm worried. If this is the sort of thing Sci Fi are pushing for then maybe SGU will be 90210 type stuff after all, because this certainly has been so far. :(

*edit*

Admittedly the 90210 vibe went away to an extent over time, though I'm still not sure how this will work as a series, it just seems too sombre to be something that people will tune in week in week out for, there's not much intrigue and I didn't think much to the characters either. I'll give it a go but I doubt it's something I'll be waiting in anticipation for.

*edit*

...and that CG was ****ing amazing.

prion
April 21st, 2009, 08:15 AM
http://blog.wired.com/underwire/2009/04/review-caprica.html

April 21, 2009

Review: Caprica Spins Religion, Race Into Worthy Galactica Prequel

EXCERPT:

Caprica is a religious experience.

That's not to say the highly anticipated Battlestar Galactica prequel, which comes out on DVD Tuesday, is a blinding experience that will transform you forever. But the movie-length pilot makes it clear that theology will play a huge part in the series when it hits the airwaves in 2010, just as it did in Galactica.

Rest at link above…….

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

http://blog.wired.com/geekdad/2009/04/review-caprica.html

Review: Caprica Is a Very Different but Worthy Prequel
By Matt Blum April 21, 2009 | 6:30:00

Battlestar Galactica this isn't. The pilot episode of Caprica is more grounded, both literally and figuratively. Where BSG depended on the interactions between many strong characters—so many that you could never really guess where any of them was going—Caprica has only a few. Where BSG had tightly-scripted action and life-or-death decisions in every episode, Caprica is slower and more methodical.

Rest at link above…….

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

prion
April 22nd, 2009, 08:15 AM
http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2009/04/caprica-battlestar-galactica.html

excerpt:

Originally posted: April 22, 2009
Past is present in 'Caprica,' a 'Battlestar Galactica' prequel

Two men stand and smoke on an urban street corner. One man wears black gloves, which are traditional mourning garb in his culture.
“Times like these, old ways are supposed to help, I guess,” the other man says.

But “Caprica” (Universal Studios Home Entertainment; three and a half stars), a meditative film that came out Tuesday on DVD and kicks off an upcoming “Battlestar Galactica” prequel series, is really about new ways and technologies.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

knowles2
April 22nd, 2009, 04:42 PM
It the cylons that made the pilot interesting and watchable. As long as they are in every episode I will be force to watch. I think I will skip the ones that they do not appear in. Which unfortuantly will be most of episodes I reckon.

the fifth man
April 22nd, 2009, 06:25 PM
It the cylons that made the pilot interesting and watchable. As long as they are in every episode I will be force to watch. I think I will skip the ones that they do not appear in. Which unfortuantly will be most of episodes I reckon.

I actually was surprised how much I enjoyed the story in the pilot. And it wasn't just the Cylons that did it for me. I have high hopes for this show.:)

Madwelshboy
June 26th, 2009, 01:59 AM
Exclusive - Caprica - Episode 1.02 - Casting Sides

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/06/exclusive-caprica-episode-102-casting.html

the fifth man
June 26th, 2009, 06:04 PM

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/06/exclusive-caprica-episode-102-casting.html

Thanks for the link to that.:) I am really looking forward to this show getting fully underway.

Madwelshboy
July 3rd, 2009, 12:09 AM

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...2-casting.html

Caprica - Episode 1.02 - Rebirth - Casting Call

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/07/caprica-episode-102-rebirth-casting.html

g.o.d
July 3rd, 2009, 01:28 AM
casting sides for the first episodes leaked

the fifth man
July 5th, 2009, 07:16 PM
I am really anticipating the start of this show. I loved the Pilot.

Thunder Hawk
July 5th, 2009, 08:07 PM
I am really anticipating the start of this show. I loved the Pilot.

the pilot or the naked women ;)

just playin

the fifth man
July 12th, 2009, 06:33 PM
the pilot or the naked women ;)

just playin

While a little slow-paced at times, I did get into the story. I am very interested to see what they can do with this show.

Madwelshboy
July 13th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Caprica writer Jane Espenson tweeted that her former Buffy the Vampire Slayer co-writer Drew Z. Greenberg has joined the writing staff of the Syfy Battlestar Galactica prequel series.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/news-briefs-transformers-2.php

the fifth man
July 16th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Caprica writer Jane Espenson tweeted that her former Buffy the Vampire Slayer co-writer Drew Z. Greenberg has joined the writing staff of the Syfy Battlestar Galactica prequel series.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/news-briefs-transformers-2.php

Hmmm, interesting.:)

Madwelshboy
July 18th, 2009, 12:19 AM
Caprica - Episode 1.03 - The Reins of a Waterfall - Casting Sides

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/07/caprica-episode-103-reins-of-waterfall.html

Madwelshboy
July 24th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Caprica Gets Premiere Date

Syfy's new series, Caprica, has been given a release date of Friday, January 22.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Caprica-Gets-Premiere-1008426.aspx

Madwelshboy
July 25th, 2009, 10:24 AM
SDCC: Ron Moore on why Caprica moves beyond Battlestar

We got to sit in on a roundtable discussion with Ron Moore, the man behind the re-imagined Battestar Galactica, to talk about its prequel, Caprica, at Comic-Con on Friday, and he offered us some info about the challenges of the new show, why science fiction makes it easier to deal with touchy issues without repercussions and whether he'll continue with his famous podcast.

continues:
http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/sdcc-ron-moore-on-why-cap.php

Madwelshboy
July 25th, 2009, 12:39 PM
SDCC 09: Building The First Cylon On Caprica

The creators of the new Syfy channel series, and Battlestar Galactica prequel, Caprica were on hand at the 2009 San Diego Comic-Con as part of a joint Caprica/BSG: The Plan panel. Also on hand, along with the aforementioned Caprica think-tank Ron Moore, David Eick and Jane Espenson, was series star Esai Morales, who plays Joeseph Adama, BSG's William Adama's (Edward James Olmos) father. Yes, Caprica is set squarely in the BSG universe, but it predates the fall of man, or the beginning of Galactica by almost five decades.

continues:
http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/100/1005300p1.html

Madwelshboy
July 25th, 2009, 12:57 PM
BSG Spin-Off Caprica Could Still Feature Crazy Space War

Battlestar Galactica's prequel series, Caprica, may be about the origins of the Cylon killer robots, but a lot of its storylines will deal with battles between the twelve colonies... which may actually heat up into full-on interstellar combat. Spoilers below.

http://io9.com/5322633/bsg-spin+off-caprica-could-still-feature-crazy-space-war

Madwelshboy
July 25th, 2009, 02:36 PM
SDCC: Espenson on creating worlds in Caprica and The Plan

Jane Espenson wrote and executive produced Battlestar Galactica: The Plan, and now shes the show runner for the upcoming BSG prequel, Caprica, and she spoke with reporters about her newfound geek celebrity at Comic-Con in San Diego on Saturday.

continues:
http://scifiwire.com/2009/07/sdcc-espenson-on-creating.php

the fifth man
July 25th, 2009, 06:22 PM
BSG Spin-Off Caprica Could Still Feature Crazy Space War

Battlestar Galactica's prequel series, Caprica, may be about the origins of the Cylon killer robots, but a lot of its storylines will deal with battles between the twelve colonies... which may actually heat up into full-on interstellar combat. Spoilers below.

http://io9.com/5322633/bsg-spin+off-caprica-could-still-feature-crazy-space-war

So we may be seeing more action than some of us thought.:)

Dr. Harry Sullivan
July 27th, 2009, 01:40 PM
Caprica Premieres In 2010 On The Syfy Channel. See link below :)

http://scifiandtvtalk.wordpress.com/2009/07/27/caprica-premieres-in-2010-on-the-syfy-channel/

Madwelshboy
July 28th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Caprica Premieres In 2010 On The Syfy Channel. See link below :)

http://scifiandtvtalk.wordpress.com/2009/07/27/caprica-premieres-in-2010-on-the-syfy-channel/

Been know for days, see my post from previous page:-

Caprica Gets Premiere Date

Syfy's new series, Caprica, has been given a release date of Friday, January 22.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Caprica-Gets-Premiere-1008426.aspx

Good going though! :)

the fifth man
July 28th, 2009, 07:07 PM
It still seems so far away. Hopefully time passes fast.

g.o.d
July 28th, 2009, 09:54 PM
1.06 - Know Thy Enemy - Casting Call

[TOMAS VERGIS] A handsome, well-dressed man in his late 30s to mid 50s, Vergis is a Tauron, Daniel's rival and head of a computer technology engineering firm, the same one that Daniel stole the invaluable MCP from. Having lost family due to Daniel's actions, Vergis is out for blood, seeking revenge and driven to destroy everything Daniel holds dear, and he will do so in the most ruthless and publicly professional way possible. He exudes a confidence which is both chilling and powerful. He will let nothing stand in his way sptv050769...RECURRING ROLE. SUBMIT ALL ETHNICITIES.

Madwelshboy
August 6th, 2009, 02:22 AM
How Caprica's Esai Morales follows Edward James Olmos

Esai Morales began his roundtable interview at Comic-Con for the upcoming Battlestar Galactica prequel series, Caprica, by doing an imitation of Edward James Olmos for us. Not only was it hysterical, but it was strangely appropriate. In Caprica, Morales plays the father of Olmos' Battlestar character, Admiral Adama.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/08/how-capricas-esai-morales.php

Madwelshboy
August 17th, 2009, 01:45 AM
Patton Oswalt Boards Caprica

Patton Oswalt (Ratatouille, this week's Big Fan) is joining the cast of Syfy's upcoming drama series "Caprica" as a recurring.

The Hollywood Reporter says Oswalt will play Baxter Sarno, a popular Caprican comedian talk show host on whose show Daniel Graystone (Eric Stoltz) and Amanda Graystone (Paula Malcomson), ultimately appear.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=58135

Madwelshboy
August 18th, 2009, 01:18 PM
Exclusive: 'Caprica' snags James Marsters!

Caprica exec producer Jane Espenson is using her powers as a charter member of the Whedonverse for good. Sources confirm to me exclusively that Buffy all-star James Marsters is joining the Battlestar Galactica prequel for a sizable arc.

Marsters will play a dangerous terrorist leader by the name of Barnabus Greeley in a minimum of three episodes. Driven by desires both moralistic and carnal, Barnabus is as lethal as he is unpredictable.

And no ones does lethal and unpredictable better than Marsters.

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/08/18/exclusive-caprica-snags-james-marsters/

the fifth man
August 18th, 2009, 06:09 PM

Caprica exec producer Jane Espenson is using her powers as a charter member of the Whedonverse for good. Sources confirm to me exclusively that Buffy all-star James Marsters is joining the Battlestar Galactica prequel for a sizable arc.

Marsters will play a dangerous terrorist leader by the name of Barnabus Greeley in a minimum of three episodes. Driven by desires both moralistic and carnal, Barnabus is as lethal as he is unpredictable.

That is freaking awesome! Very good news.:)

AnnieS
August 18th, 2009, 07:27 PM

I love this idea as well. Might just get me to watch the series. I was a fan of Battlestar Galactica from the mini-series to the end of season 1. But drifted after that. The only part I really watched after that was "Razor" and that got boring after Steve Bacic's charactor was murdered

Dr. Harry Sullivan
August 19th, 2009, 08:43 AM
The Syfy Channel officially announces James Marsters joining Caprica. See link below :)

http://scifiandtvtalk.wordpress.com/2009/08/19/james-marsters-joins-syfys-caprica/

LaCroix
August 19th, 2009, 11:58 AM
I'm happy for him, but considering it three episoded (as according to EW), I hope he gets more later.

http://www.saveiantojones.com/links.php

the fifth man
August 19th, 2009, 06:51 PM
I'm happy for him, but considering it three episoded (as according to EW), I hope he gets more later.

http://www.saveiantojones.com/links.php

I hope he is in more episodes as well. For now though, I will be happy with three.

Madwelshboy
August 20th, 2009, 02:03 AM
I hope he is in more episodes as well. For now though, I will be happy with three.

Unless they kill the character, i have no doubt that he wont be in more. Almost every time he guests in a show, he typically ends up doing more episode than originally announced.

the fifth man
August 20th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Unless they kill the character, i have no doubt that he wont be in more. Almost every time he guests in a show, he typically ends up doing more episode than originally announced.

He must be good to work with.

huntress
September 3rd, 2009, 02:17 PM
I cross my fingers that he is a regular. That would be extremely cool :)

the fifth man
September 3rd, 2009, 07:07 PM
I cross my fingers that he is a regular. That would be extremely cool :)

That happening, IMO, would definitely be a boost for this show. For now though, I will take what I can get.

prion
September 30th, 2009, 08:04 AM
http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2009/09/caprica-syfy.html

Syfy's 'Caprica' hits the film festival circuit

"Caprica," a new drama from Syfy, will make the film-festival rounds before it debuts on Jan. 22.

The two-hour "Caprica" pilot, which was written by Ronald D. Moore and Remi Aubuchon and directed by "Friday Night Lights" veteran Jeffrey Reiner, will be screened at the San Diego Film Festival, the Woodstock Film Festival and the Austin Film Festival this fall.

Dates for the screenings are as follows...

REST AT LINK ABOVE

kbtkbt
October 3rd, 2009, 03:21 PM
I watched the pilot and I LIKE IT. Regular series will due to start in 2010 and i will continue to watch. Finally another space battle, love it.

prion
October 8th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Variety article on Kevin Murphy

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118009678.html?categoryId=14&cs=1&nid=2248

"Desperate Housewives" alum Kevin Murphy has put together an eclectic slate -- ranging from a CW drama on which he's working with "Smallville's" Tom Welling to a stage adaptation of "Heathers."

Murphy has also joined the staff of Syfy's "Battlestar Galactica" prequel "Caprica" and is supervising another project for USA.

As for "Caprica," Murphy has signed on as co-exec producer and is already working on his first script for the show.

"As a rabid 'Battlestar Galactica' fan, it's hard not to go in that writers room and not just grin ridiculously," Murphy said. "These are the people who made the best TV show ever. To be able to be a part of the legacy of that show, I'd be willing to pay them for that."

Past credits for Murphy,who’s repped by WME, also include "Reaper," "Ed" and the Showtime musical "Reefer Madness."

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Pharaoh Atem
October 23rd, 2009, 07:36 PM
January 22, 2010 is the premiere date for the first ep of the series

AnnieS
October 24th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Ryan Robbins is to guest on Caprica. Starts filming this week!!! COOL!!!

DigiFluid
October 25th, 2009, 01:57 AM
Ryan Robbins is to guest on Caprica.

....really? He was already a recurring character on BSG, what possible reason could they have to cast a known in-universe face? :confused:

the fifth man
October 31st, 2009, 09:46 PM
....really? He was already a recurring character on BSG, what possible reason could they have to cast a known in-universe face? :confused:

Honestly, having him appear doesn't bother me in the least.

Pharaoh Atem
November 1st, 2009, 02:46 AM
Ryan Robbins is to guest on Caprica. Starts filming this week!!! COOL!!!

source ???

Madwelshboy
November 2nd, 2009, 01:37 PM

Its not like Stargate has never done that ;)

source ???

He posted it on his facebook fan page; the link is over in the sanctuary actor thread.

DigiFluid
November 2nd, 2009, 07:53 PM
Yeah but in Stargate it's just actor recycling. In the BSG-verse, when a face shows up again, it's resurrection or destiny :)

Pharaoh Atem
November 3rd, 2009, 05:00 PM

He posted it on his facebook fan page; the link is over in the sanctuary actor thread.

he had better me wearing some funky makeup otherwise i'm not happy about this

Madwelshboy
November 4th, 2009, 01:38 PM
First footage of James Marsters in Caprica

Syfy has released a new trailer for Caprica, and it includes the first footage of James Marsters as terrorist leader Barnabus Greeley. It's a blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment, but it's worth keeping your eyes peeled for when Marsters says that "Someone's dying today." (And the rest of the trailer ain't too shabby, either.)

http://scifiwire.com/2009/11/first-footage-of-james-ma.php

DigiFluid
November 4th, 2009, 03:56 PM
First footage of James Marsters in Caprica

Syfy has released a new trailer for Caprica, and it includes the first footage of James Marsters as terrorist leader Barnabus Greeley. It's a blink-and-you'll-miss-it moment, but it's worth keeping your eyes peeled for when Marsters says that "Someone's dying today." (And the rest of the trailer ain't too shabby, either.)

http://scifiwire.com/2009/11/first-footage-of-james-ma.php

Nice find, looks awesome.

Pharaoh Atem
November 4th, 2009, 04:02 PM
i like the trailer and the guy that punch Daniel

the fifth man
November 4th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Very nice trailer.

Pharaoh Atem
November 12th, 2009, 02:49 AM
http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Portal:Caprica

looking forward to reading this as the series goes on

jelgate
November 12th, 2009, 04:03 PM
The series will premiere with a two-hour pilot that is already available as a standalone DVD. Eight additional hours of “Caprica” will air through March. Then the show will take a break and the remaining nine hours of “Caprica’s” first season will air some time in the second half of 2010.

If you’ve done the math in the previous paragraph, you’ve realized that “Caprica’s” episode order has been reduced by one hour. Syfy had originally commissioned a total of 20 hours for Season 1, but the show, which is currently in production on the last third of the season in Vancouver, will now consist of 19 hours.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/11/12/syfy-cuts-caprica-order-by-1-hour-releases-biblical-show-poster/33549

the fifth man
November 12th, 2009, 07:10 PM
http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/11/12/syfy-cuts-caprica-order-by-1-hour-releases-biblical-show-poster/33549

I guess losing one episode isn't too horrible.

Osiris
November 13th, 2009, 10:28 AM
New promo pic:
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3508/capricakeyartthumb550x7.jpg

knowles2
November 15th, 2009, 12:12 PM
She look cute in that picture.

the fifth man
November 15th, 2009, 05:45 PM
She look cute in that picture.

Yes she does.:)

Madwelshboy
November 16th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Caprica - Jane Espenson Steps Aside as Showrunner

Syfy once said it was excited to have former "Battlestar Galactica" and "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" writer Jane Espenson take on showrunning duties for its upcoming prequel show "Caprica." But apparently, that excitement may have been short-lived.

Espenson is out as showrunner, replaced by Kevin Murphy, who joined "Caprica" last month as a co-executive producer to work on the second half of the show's first season, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Espenson is not leaving the show, however. She will remain an executive producer with Murphy and "Battlestar Galactica" developer Ronald D. Moore. Instead, according to a Syfy spokeswoman, Espenson wanted to focus more on writing than management.

"She and Kevin switched up duties a bit during the second half of 'Caprica' Season 1," a Syfy spokeswoman told Airlock Alpha. "Jane decided to get back into some more intensive writing rather than running the room, and so ... Kevin has been taking a bit more of a lead in breaking stories as a result."

However, the spokeswoman added, this is simply "business as usual." It "doesn't change anything," she said. "And Jane, along with Ron and David, is still an exec producer."

http://www.spoilertv.com/2009/11/heroes-episode-411-thanksgiving-5-sneak.html

knowles2
November 16th, 2009, 03:41 PM
I sound like she was managing the show poorly. Considering they already cut one episode, either because of time or because of money, it not susprising they are shaking up the management team an bringing in someone else.

I suspect that if the show does not take off they will bringing in new writers to do something else with the BSG universe.

DigiFluid
November 16th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Well, that's some good news.

Pharaoh Atem
November 17th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Well, that's some good news.

....no no no :weiranime34:

THAT'S DAMN GOOD NEWS :D http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/darkestdark/Peanutbutterjelly.gif

Jeff O'Connor
November 17th, 2009, 02:45 PM
I don't know, I'm on the fence here. I'm not an Espenson fan much or anything, but the guy they brought in to replace her was an executive producer on 'Desperate Housewives'. That's... a very dissimilar series.

the fifth man
November 17th, 2009, 07:35 PM
I don't know, I'm on the fence here. I'm not an Espenson fan much or anything, but the guy they brought in to replace her was an executive producer on 'Desperate Housewives'. That's... a very dissimilar series.

We just have to hope for the best here.

kymeric
November 29th, 2009, 08:55 AM
New promo pic:
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3508/capricakeyartthumb550x7.jpg

I feel kinda dirty for looking at that... better make it my desktop now! :D

the fifth man
November 29th, 2009, 05:25 PM
I feel kinda dirty for looking at that... better make it my desktop now! :D

Oh yeah, that will make you feel much better.:D

KEK
December 7th, 2009, 07:37 AM
She looks too young to be sexy. That just looks a bit... sick.

Ian-S
December 7th, 2009, 09:19 AM
she's lost some of the puppy fat since the "movie" LOL.

Replicator Todd
December 7th, 2009, 11:36 AM
I'm actually getting pretty excited for this show! Can't wait!

DigiFluid
December 7th, 2009, 03:53 PM
She looks too young to be sexy.
Agreed.

the fifth man
December 7th, 2009, 06:29 PM
I'm actually getting pretty excited for this show! Can't wait!

Same here. I really hope it lives up to its potential.

DigiFluid
December 9th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Same here. I really hope it lives up to its potential.
I did enjoy the pilot movie, but I'm trying very hard to keep my hopes low. That way I won't end up disappointed if it ends up....not so good :)

Pharaoh Atem
December 9th, 2009, 06:16 PM

she's 22 not young

the fifth man
December 9th, 2009, 06:19 PM
I did enjoy the pilot movie, but I'm trying very hard to keep my hopes low. That way I won't end up disappointed if it ends up....not so good :)

Honestly, I see it turning out to be much better than some people think it will be.

DigiFluid
December 9th, 2009, 08:35 PM
I hope so!

Zarius
December 10th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Who the hell put Pedobear in charge of marketing?

DigiFluid
December 10th, 2009, 01:58 PM
To be fair, she's 22. Much too old for pedobear.

Just looks young.

Zarius
December 10th, 2009, 05:18 PM
22 is the new 12.:cameron:

EvilSpaceAlien
December 11th, 2009, 01:18 AM

It could be that the picture has been so retouched that she doesn't look sexy anymore.
But maybe that's just me...

Madwelshboy
December 11th, 2009, 05:14 AM
New Caprica Stills Reveal An Old BSG Crew Member

Some new character stills over at io9 reveal that Luciana Carro(Kat in Battlestar Galactica) will be part of the cast in the upcoming Caprica series...

Kat was a recurring character in BSG up until the end of season 2 when she sacrificed herself to save her crew mates. Her past was never really revealed. All we knew was that she was involved with some shady dealings back on Caprica(the planet) involving drugs. Was she a Cylon? The fact that the actress who played her, Luciana Carro is popping up in Caprica certainly suggests she may have been, although apparently she is playing a different character called Pryah, who works for Daniel Graystone. So who knows..but I doubt its a coincidence.

Pics at:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=12502

DigiFluid
December 11th, 2009, 07:45 AM
New Caprica Stills Reveal An Old BSG Crew Member

Some new character stills over at io9 reveal that Luciana Carro(Kat in Battlestar Galactica) will be part of the cast in the upcoming Caprica series...

Kat was a recurring character in BSG up until the end of season 2 when she sacrificed herself to save her crew mates. Her past was never really revealed. All we knew was that she was involved with some shady dealings back on Caprica(the planet) involving drugs. Was she a Cylon? The fact that the actress who played her, Luciana Carro is popping up in Caprica certainly suggests she may have been, although apparently she is playing a different character called Pryah, who works for Daniel Graystone. So who knows..but I doubt its a coincidence.

Pics at:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=12502

Well done, ComicBookMovie.

/facepalms

Pharaoh Atem
December 11th, 2009, 02:16 PM

/facepalms

fcepalm on the news i was hoping for original casting

DigiFluid
December 11th, 2009, 02:29 PM
That too.

Pharaoh Atem
December 12th, 2009, 06:26 AM
That too.

:tealc44: we must create a race of robots and take back this show .........

Replicator Todd
December 13th, 2009, 05:31 PM
:tealc44: we must create a race of robots and take back this show .........

I will back it but i'm no robot! :P

MIZA
December 15th, 2009, 05:51 PM
i am sorry but i just watched the extended pilot and what the heck was new about it , it looks the same ? can someone tell me thanks

Madwelshboy
December 19th, 2009, 12:36 PM
Smallville and V Actor Joins Caprica

The KryptonSite Network has learned that the actor who impressed many as Cosmic Boy in Smallville and had a powerful role in the fourth episode of V will be taking on a multi-episode role in Syfy's Battlestar Galactica prequel spin-off Caprica.

No word yet on what kind of character Ryan will play.

http://ksitenetwork.blogspot.com/2009/12/smallville-and-v-actor-joins-caprica.html

the fifth man
December 19th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Smallville and V Actor Joins Caprica

The KryptonSite Network has learned that the actor who impressed many as Cosmic Boy in Smallville and had a powerful role in the fourth episode of V will be taking on a multi-episode role in Syfy's Battlestar Galactica prequel spin-off Caprica.

No word yet on what kind of character Ryan will play.

http://ksitenetwork.blogspot.com/2009/12/smallville-and-v-actor-joins-caprica.html

Very nice to hear. I enjoyed his bits on Smallville and V.:)

Madwelshboy
December 23rd, 2009, 09:51 AM
Caprica - “What if they could come back?” [Exclusive Scene]

http://www.spoilertv.com/2009/12/caprica-what-if-they-could-come-back.html

Sp!der
January 5th, 2010, 02:26 AM
wow this winter there will be some new awesome shows and old ones... this one, spartacus (cant wait for that one), lost (finally), chuck.... got plenty to watch... yeah ;)

EvilSpaceAlien
January 13th, 2010, 01:34 PM
IF Magazine - Exclusive Interview: JANE ESPENSON LOOKS TO 'BATTLESTAR GALACTICA'S' PAST FOR SYFY'S 'CAPRICA'

Talking about the BATTLESTAR GALACTICA sequel, why she's on the show but no longer show runner, BUFFY comics, Danny Strong, hiring James Marsters and more.

There are a lot of intriguing things going on both in front of and behind the cameras on SyFy Channel’s new series CAPRICA. The series is a prequel to BATTLESTAR GALACTICA, with executive producers Ron Moore and David Eick shepherding the tale of how and why Cylons were created and how humanity got itself into the fix we saw chronicled in the previous series.

[snipped]

YOU CAN FIND THE REST OF THE ARTICLE HERE:
http://www.ifmagazine.com/feature.asp?article=3640

The Daily Beast - Sci-Fi TV Gets Frisky

Caprica, the Battlestar Galactica prequel, hopes to reach beyond the sci-fi audience with teen characters and “robot-fondling.” The Daily Beast talks to its producers. VIEW OUR EXCLUSIVE CLIP from the show.

In the past year, Syfy wrapped the four-season run of the network-defining Battlestar Galactica, but while the show’s fans mourned the loss of the intelligent and provocative series, its executive producers Ronald D. Moore and David Eick, and co-executive producer Jane Espenson, haven’t closed the doors on the franchise.

[snipped]

YOU CAN FIND THE REST OF THE ARTICLE, AND THE CLIP FROM EPISODE TWO, "REBIRTH", HERE:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2010-01-04/sci-fi-tv-gets-frisky/

the fifth man
January 13th, 2010, 07:42 PM
That clip from "Rebirth" is pretty sweet! I can't wait.:)

Pharaoh Atem
January 13th, 2010, 08:24 PM
getting closer

the fifth man
January 14th, 2010, 07:02 PM
getting closer

Indeed we are. Very exciting.:)

Pharaoh Atem
January 14th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Indeed we are. Very exciting.:)

my dvr is already ready

retiredat44
January 14th, 2010, 11:14 PM
will Dean Stockwell ever play the orignal non-clone (non-Cylon) of himself, on Caprica? The original being the one that they (they being he/she/them,whoever) made copies of originally.

EvilSpaceAlien
January 14th, 2010, 11:57 PM
will Dean Stockwell ever play the orignal non-clone (non-Cylon) of himself, on Caprica? The original being the one that they (they being he/she/them,whoever) made copies of originally.

That is probably unlikely since Cavil's appearance was based on Ellen's father which lived on Earth, not Caprica.

serenitynerd
January 15th, 2010, 09:14 AM

/facepalms

I'm thinking this character will turn out to be one of Kat's relatives...? I mean how else will they justify her looking exactly the same...unless, as has been speculated, she is a cylon.

loke13
January 15th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Do you think this will lead to the first cylon war? I hope so.

loke13
January 15th, 2010, 11:28 PM
Wait a minute wasn't kat on season 3 not 2?

Pharaoh Atem
January 16th, 2010, 01:24 PM
Wait a minute wasn't kat on season 3 not 2?

kat was in season 1-3

Pharaoh Atem
January 16th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Do you think this will lead to the first cylon war? I hope so.

it could but i don't want to see galactica or the battles. i want to see how the characters deal with it.

Madwelshboy
January 20th, 2010, 01:28 AM
Caprica - Winter TCA Press Tour

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/01/caprica-winter-tca-press-tour.html

Replicator Todd
January 20th, 2010, 09:53 AM
it could but i don't want to see galactica or the battles. i want to see how the characters deal with it.

:indeed: I'm tired of space-battle sci-fi shows.

the fifth man
January 20th, 2010, 06:33 PM
:indeed: I'm tired of space-battle sci-fi shows.

While I am not tired of those, something a little different will be nice for a change.

Madwelshboy
January 22nd, 2010, 08:16 AM
Torresani: 'Caprica role is challenging'

Alessandra Torresani has admitted that she has found her Caprica role challenging.

The 22-year-old actress, who plays the human, avatar and robot form of Zoe Graystone on the Battlestar Galactica prequel, told DS that the role has been "crazy".

"It's been crazy just trying different personalities all the time!" she said. "From the pilot everyone knows she's a 15-year-old girl. She's very headstrong and knows what she wants."

Describing the show, set 50 years before Battlestar, she added: "It's not really about all the guns and fighting and Cylons against the human race

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/news/a198220/torresani-caprica-role-is-challenging.html

Esai Morales: Caprica Is Like The Godfather

Esai Morales wants you to know that Caprica (premieres Friday, 9/8c on Syfy) is no Battlestar Galactica. "BSG is BSG, and we will never touch BSG because we're not in that business. We don't want to be," he tells TVGuide.com of the prequel. "We're trying to show that someone's parents and someone's pre-life is different than their children's." Set 58 years before the post-apocalyptic events of Battlestar, Caprica focuses on the thriving, technologically advanced Twelve Colonies that eventually create the Cylons. Morales plays Joseph Adama, a lawyer and father to BSG's Commander William Adama.

The elder Adama meets inventor Daniel Graystone (Eric Stoltz) when they both lose daughters in the same terrorist bombing. Graystone attempts to bring the girls back as robots, and it's from there that a "morally gray family saga unfolds," Morales says. Find out what else is in store this season and why the actor thinks the show is similar to The Godfather.

continues:
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Esai-Morales-Caprica-1014053.aspx

Exclusive First Look: James Marsters on 'Caprica'

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/01/22/james-marsters-on-caprica/

EW: 'Caprica': 12 Reasons We're Psyched

See why we'll give the new ''Battlestar Galactica'' prequel a chance: Great actors, thoughtful Information Age commentary...and Cylons!

continues:
http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20338586,00.html

Pharaoh Atem
January 23rd, 2010, 02:18 PM
http://www.bearmccreary.com/blog/?p=3353

bear's blog entry on scoring "the plan"

MODERATE SPOILERS AHEAD:
covering it up to protect the innocent
;)
After many months (or arguably years) of anticipation, the “BSG” prequel series “Caprica” premieres tonight on SyFy. Originally released as a two-hour film on DVD last spring, with a subsequent soundtrack album release in June, most hard-core BSG fans have probably already experienced this. For any of you who don’t know, “Caprica” is a prequel series to “Battlestar Galactica” that chronicles the origins of the robotic Cylon race that will ultimately wipe out most of humanity.

Those of you who have been enjoying the soundtrack CD know that this two-hour film introduces several important melodic and rhythmic themes. Beginning next week, you will finally hear that musical world expand and develop into exciting new ideas, themes, melodies, songs and score. I also just tonight approved the final “Caprica Main Title” which you will hear next week (and it kicks ass).

I plan on blogging detailed entries about each episode, so check back each week after you’ve seen the show. And if you’re watching the pilot tonight for a second or third time, try to pick out the variations of the Graystone and Tauron Themes that are woven throughout the score.

There’s little I can say about the “Caprica” pilot that I didn’t already cover in my blog last spring, when the DVD came out. So, I’m reposting that entry with updated sound clips so you can hear the themes being discussed…

Arctic Goddess
January 24th, 2010, 06:07 AM
We will be interviewing Aaron Douglas of BSG on Feb 8th, for anyone who is interested. The link is in my sig.

tanneth
January 25th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Geese I was just looking on scyfy for the season lineup of Caprica and I could die of old age before they even give us one full season. Seems like they are just going to be playing repeats of the edited non nude pilot repeatedly until 1/29/10 and then REBIRTH 9 times and then Pilot then REBIRTH 3 times then Pilot then REBIRTH. Man it goes on like that with all the eps.... Very frustrating looking at the ep lineup. Don't think I have ever seen one like this before.

Glad I got the DVD.

jelgate
January 25th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Geese I was just looking on scyfy for the season lineup of Caprica and I could die of old age before they even give us one full season. Seems like they are just going to be playing repeats of the edited non nude pilot repeatedly until 1/29/10 and then REBIRTH 9 times and then Pilot then REBIRTH 3 times then Pilot then REBIRTH. Man it goes on like that with all the eps.... Very frustrating looking at the ep lineup. Don't think I have ever seen one like this before.

Glad I got the DVD.
That is quite common for SyFy. They wil show multiple re-airings until the new episode appears on Friday nights

Replicator Todd
January 25th, 2010, 09:45 AM
That is quite common for SyFy. They wil show multiple re-airings until the new episode appears on Friday nights

:indeed: That really wore out Sanctuary! :P

Madwelshboy
January 29th, 2010, 05:21 AM
9 secrets from the set of Caprica

We stopped by the set of Caprica a while back to chat with the actors and brought back some tidbits for you to chew on as the show prepares for its first new episode this Friday. (Spoilers ahead!)

continues:
http://scifiwire.com/2010/01/9-secrets-from-the-set-of.php

Linda06
February 1st, 2010, 04:48 AM
I dunno if anyone knows this or not cause I'm too lazy to check :p But Caprica starts in the UK on Tuesday on Sky1 at 9pm.

Saquist
February 5th, 2010, 11:25 AM
I finally got to watch a little of Caprica.
I thought it was Battlestar Galactica. I wasn't sure.
I won't be watching it. I'm sure it's going to be just as mortally absent as the last series I don't really want it to give it an opportunity to let me down. Especially not after what is passing for entertainment in "The Plan".

Pharaoh Atem
February 7th, 2010, 05:51 AM
I finally got to watch a little of Caprica.
I thought it was Battlestar Galactica. I wasn't sure.
I won't be watching it. I'm sure it's going to be just as mortally absent as the last series I don't really want it to give it an opportunity to let me down. Especially not after what is passing for entertainment in "The Plan".
the plan doesn't happen for 65 years compared to caprica./

hope that makes sense.

Saquist
February 8th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Yeah I know.

Madwelshboy
February 9th, 2010, 11:59 PM
Will we ever see the world of Battlestar Galactica come crashing into Caprica? — Tally
MICKEY: I will bet you one meeellion cubits that we will. Caprica executive producer Jane Espenson tells us that the new show will address the overlap through the backstory of the Final Five, who, as you remember, started their "lives" on Caprica. "If you actually do the math, the [human-Cylon] war starts about five years from where our characters are in Caprica," Espenson says. And what's this? The producers have already contacted Spartacus' Lucy Lawless about reprising the role of D'Anna on Caprica. Watch your back, Eric Stoltz!

http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz-Lost-Bones-1014856.aspx

the fifth man
February 10th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Will we ever see the world of Battlestar Galactica come crashing into Caprica? — Tally
MICKEY: I will bet you one meeellion cubits that we will. Caprica executive producer Jane Espenson tells us that the new show will address the overlap through the backstory of the Final Five, who, as you remember, started their "lives" on Caprica. "If you actually do the math, the [human-Cylon] war starts about five years from where our characters are in Caprica," Espenson says. And what's this? The producers have already contacted Spartacus' Lucy Lawless about reprising the role of D'Anna on Caprica. Watch your back, Eric Stoltz!

Hmmm, very interesting.:)

Replicator Todd
February 11th, 2010, 06:20 PM

:D Super sweet!

the fifth man
February 11th, 2010, 06:28 PM
:D Super sweet!

It sure is. Should be fun to watch, knowing what happens in the end.

Pharaoh Atem
February 11th, 2010, 07:02 PM

won't happen if the series get's canceled.

the fifth man
February 12th, 2010, 07:38 PM
won't happen if the series get's canceled.

For now, I am trying not to think about that possibility. Either way, there is little we can do about it.

ukray
February 15th, 2010, 08:37 AM
I find the show enjoyable.

the fifth man
February 15th, 2010, 08:15 PM
I find the show enjoyable.

It is really good thus far. I think it has a whole lot of potential. I just hope it is allowed to reach that potential.

Pharaoh Atem
February 16th, 2010, 04:41 PM
i saw a ad on tv today with comments from critics all positive. and theor made a effort to say it was connected to battlestar galactica.

jelgate
February 16th, 2010, 04:43 PM
i saw a ad on tv today with comments from critics all positive. and theor made a effort to say it was connected to battlestar galactica.

That was pure SyFy BS spin

DigiFluid
February 16th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Well it's not all positive, not by a long shot. But it seems to be doing well enough:

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/shows/caprica?q=caprica

Madwelshboy
February 18th, 2010, 02:32 PM
Syfy Standing Firmly Behind 'Caprica'

Thanks to the Internet and a thirst for information, television fans in 2010 are far more savvy than they have ever been before. Blogs, message boards, even Twitter are filled with discussions dissecting ratings, audience attitude and instant reactions to just about anything that pops up on the boob tube. But while smarter viewers typically result in smarter programs, it can sometimes backfire into rampant speculation that could help bury a show.

That's exactly what Syfy doesn't want to happen to its newest series "Caprica." And no matter what Entertainment Weekly's Michael Ausiello wants to predict with his cable scorecard, network executives say the "Battlestar Galactica" spinoff is here to stay.

"We're definitely with 'Caprica' for the long haul," Syfy's VP of original programming Mark Stern told Airlock Alpha Thursday. "There's no question about it. We knew exactly what it was not going to be, that is an easily adopted show. It's not 'Battlestar Galactica,' it's its own animal. And we definitely recognize that it's going to find its audience and it's going to grow its audience."

continues:
http://www.airlockalpha.com/node/7148

DigiFluid
February 18th, 2010, 03:07 PM
So they want to air the second half of the season in late summer with another show. To 'give that show a boost'.

I'm taking that to mean they'll air it with a more popular show to boost Caprica rather than the other show. Taking bets, will that be Eureka or Warehouse 13?

Replicator Todd
February 18th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Wait, so Syfy is going to create a second season no matter how low the ratings are?

Okay, I like the show and glad Syfy will stick with it.

But, I'm getting even more confused by why the heck SyFy cancelled SG1 in the first place!

DigiFluid
February 18th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Cost. A new show and everyone starts out at 0--writers, producers, stage people, actors, everyone. 10 years of show means 10 years of raises for all involved.

Replicator Todd
February 18th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Cost. A new show and everyone starts out at 0--writers, producers, stage people, actors, everyone. 10 years of show means 10 years of raises for all involved.

Oh right, I was under the impression SG1 was cancelled because of ratings.....

Oh well, I hope Syfy is right in saying that the Caprica audience will grow.

DigiFluid
February 18th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Agreed, RT, agreed. I really like the series and will be sorely disappointed if this first year is its last =/

jelgate
February 18th, 2010, 08:39 PM
Wait, so Syfy is going to create a second season no matter how low the ratings are?

But, I'm getting even more confused by why the heck SyFy cancelled SG1 in the first place!
More then anything its spn to say they aren't concerned about the low ratings. But its just basc business. Low ratings mean low profit and when profit is less then expenses ther is no reason to conduct it.

Briangate78
February 20th, 2010, 01:01 PM

You can imagine how the SGA fans would feel, knowing a show that was more expensive to produce and not performing as good as SGA was renewed.

Madwelshboy
February 20th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Exclusive: 'Caprica' producer Jane Espenson explains Sam Adama's tattoos

Getting ready to play a shirtless Sam Adama on Syfy's "Caprica" is no easy feat, Sasha Roiz told me during a recent trip to Chicago. The actor who plays the Tauron assassin, awesome uncle and gay family man has to spend hours getting the make-up applied. "Well, 2 ½ hours and like three or four makeup artists. So, I've got like six to eight sets of hands on me," he said, sometimes standing with his arms spread out. "It's a bit of an ordeal, but ... I just stand there and take it all." Tattoo-prep for scenes when he's full clothed, which would be the art on his hands and neck, is about a half hour.

Roiz also told me that writer/producer Jane Espenson came up with an entire history of Sam's tattoos, which he said tell Sam's story as a Tauron and a member of the Ha'la'tha gang. Via e-mail Espenson has kindly shared the meaning of all of Sam's tatts, which you can read on the jump.
continues:

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/show-patrol/2010/02/exclusive-caprica-producer-jane-espenson-explains-sam-adamas-tattoos.html

DigiFluid
February 21st, 2010, 02:16 PM
You can imagine how the SGA fans would feel, knowing a show that was more expensive to produce and not performing as good as SGA was renewed.
That's a different animal, the Stargate PTB didn't want to do Atlantis anymore. Ratings weren't a factor.

Dr. Harry Sullivan
February 23rd, 2010, 08:06 AM
Q & A with Caprica co-creator/executive producer David Eick and actress Paula Malcomson (Amanda Grayston) - see link below :)

http://scifiandtvtalk.wordpress.com/2010/02/23/capricas-david-eick-and-paula-malcomson-vive-la-difference/

Madwelshboy
March 1st, 2010, 06:41 AM
Has Caprica Season Two Been Given The Green Light?

After such a Lengthy commissioning process, and a slightly shaky start, a second helping of Batlestar Galactica spin-off Caprica was not necessarily a given. But fans that were expecting to be singing "Cylon, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodnight!" at the end of season one can breathe a sigh of relief: Caprica will definitely be returning to our screens.

While the Syfy channel are still remaining tight-lipped about season two's prospects, the show’s critical plaudits have been a delightful surprise. So much so, that they’ve already begun hiring staff for season two behind the scenes, according to a source working on the production. They told us that that they've been booked to start work at the end of the year, which should tie into a Jan 2011 air date.

continues:
http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=has_caprica_season_two_been

the fifth man
March 1st, 2010, 07:04 PM
I really hope this is the case. Knowing we at least will get a second season would be so great.:)

DigiFluid
March 1st, 2010, 07:13 PM
Has Caprica Season Two Been Given The Green Light?

After such a Lengthy commissioning process, and a slightly shaky start, a second helping of Batlestar Galactica spin-off Caprica was not necessarily a given. But fans that were expecting to be singing "Cylon, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodnight!" at the end of season one can breathe a sigh of relief: Caprica will definitely be returning to our screens.

While the Syfy channel are still remaining tight-lipped about season two's prospects, the show’s critical plaudits have been a delightful surprise. So much so, that they’ve already begun hiring staff for season two behind the scenes, according to a source working on the production. They told us that that they've been booked to start work at the end of the year, which should tie into a Jan 2011 air date.

continues:
http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=has_caprica_season_two_been
I really hope so. But Syfy pulled the same crap with both Farscape and SG-1, "hey guys go ahead and get working on the next season, nothing to worry about--PSYCH! Suckers!"

So I'll wait for the official announcement before I get my hopes up.

Pharaoh Atem
March 1st, 2010, 07:16 PM
:mckay: i was hopeful thanks digi :P

DigiFluid
March 1st, 2010, 07:23 PM
Sorry :p

Pharaoh Atem
March 1st, 2010, 07:52 PM
Sorry :p

you shall be zoe's first victim :P

jelgate
March 1st, 2010, 08:10 PM
I really hope so. But Syfy pulled the same crap with both Farscape and SG-1, "hey guys go ahead and get working on the next season, nothing to worry about--PSYCH! Suckers!"

So I'll wait for the official announcement before I get my hopes up.Its just basic business. Something losing money you get rid of the product

DigiFluid
March 1st, 2010, 08:23 PM
Its just basic business. Something losing money you get rid of the product
Basic business is one thing. Telling people to go ahead and get to work on the next chapter and then yanking the rug out from under them is quite another.

jelgate
March 1st, 2010, 08:34 PM
Basic business is one thing. Telling people to go ahead and get to work on the next chapter and then yanking the rug out from under them is quite another.

But is it really yanking the rug when its already shown the show is failing?

DigiFluid
March 1st, 2010, 08:38 PM
But is it really yanking the rug when its already shown the show is failing?
If you tell them not to worry and to get to work on more, then yes. Yes it is yanking the rug out from under them.

It would be different to be silent and then just cancel it; that's just business.

Osiristi
March 1st, 2010, 10:53 PM
Business is not only about making money, taking riskes is a great part in it. And when you have put up massive sets like Caprica most likely has, I doubt you would give up on first try if you still had the possibility of making it work.

the fifth man
March 2nd, 2010, 06:36 PM

So I'll wait for the official announcement before I get my hopes up.

An official announcement would certainly be nice.

starg8fans
March 3rd, 2010, 07:01 AM
*creeps into thread* Oh, a few familiar faces in here! Just discovered Caprica - it was highly recommended to me by a friend, and I had some time to kill while Spn is on yet another hiatus *groan* so I gave it a shot. And I like it. Never watched the new BSG, though, so a lot of the referencing goes right over my head. I was too fond of the original series, and when I found out that my hero Starbuck was gonna be a GIRL I decided to give it a miss. But I must say, everything makes sense so far, so the claim that the show is for both BSG fans and newbies has merit. Looking forward to the next episode.

Madwelshboy
March 4th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Question: Caprica is fraktacular! Got any scoop? —Sarah
Ausiello: I’m hearing something about a bitter mental standoff coming up between Zoe and Daniel. And THIS JUST IN from exec producer Jane Espenson: “Lacy is pulled deeper into a dangerous orbit. When the center cannot hold, we’ll see more than one character take genuinely desperate actions that change the course of the story entirely.”

poundpuppy29
March 4th, 2010, 02:45 PM
Hey how many episodes will season 1 have does anyone know?

I am watching this show on Hulu. Thank God for Hulu I would be missing this great show with out it.

Love this show

jelgate
March 4th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Hey how many episodes will season 1 have does anyone know?

I am watching this show on Hulu. Thank God for Hulu I would be missing this great show with out it.

Love this show
19 overall. 4 more episodes before break

poundpuppy29
March 4th, 2010, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the info

the fifth man
March 4th, 2010, 06:26 PM
19 overall. 4 more episodes before break

4 more before a break? Not too bad.:)

Sp!der
March 7th, 2010, 01:02 AM
4 more before a break? Not too bad.:)

does someone know how long the break will last? in the hiatus i can rewatch the bsg series...^^

DigiFluid
March 7th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Likely 3-4 months. We know they're planning on airing the second half sometime during the summer.

Sp!der
March 7th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Likely 3-4 months. We know they're planning on airing the second half sometime during the summer.

darn it. i hate those long hiatus.. well its so long i can watch the entire battlestar galactica show in no rush ;)

the fifth man
March 7th, 2010, 06:56 PM
darn it. i hate those long hiatus.. well its so long i can watch the entire battlestar galactica show in no rush ;)

Same here. And I am sure they will leave us hanging on a nice little cliffhanger too.

DigiFluid
March 7th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Of course. Because the only way to ensure fans come back after 3-4 months is to make the ending a cliffhanger :rolleyes:

jelgate
March 7th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Of course. Because the only way to ensure fans come back after 3-4 months is to make the ending a cliffhanger :rolleyes:

Actually its a pretty successful motivator for viewers

Pharaoh Atem
March 7th, 2010, 08:27 PM

zoe says hello to her father ....fade to black.

DigiFluid
March 7th, 2010, 08:37 PM
It's kind of a silly excuse for "motivating". If you liked the show before, you're going to keep watching (or vice versa). The same applies if you discover the show during the break.

jelgate
March 7th, 2010, 08:45 PM
It's kind of a silly excuse for "motivating". If you liked the show before, you're going to keep watching (or vice versa). The same applies if you discover the show during the break.
The networks are motivated by money;)

Sp!der
March 8th, 2010, 12:33 AM
ill watch it, theres no doubt bout it.

the fifth man
March 8th, 2010, 06:36 PM
ill watch it, theres no doubt bout it.

Same here. I am really enjoying things thus far.

Madwelshboy
March 18th, 2010, 06:34 AM
DS Interview: Ronald D. Moore ('Caprica')

Earlier this year, Battlestar fans rejoiced at the arrival of Caprica, the latest project from the sci-fi franchise. Set 58 years before the events depicted in Galactica, the series - fronted by Alessandra Torresani- shows how robotic cylons first came to be. With life for the Graystones getting progressively worse as each episode airs, we decided it was time for a catch-up with series creator Ronald D. Moore to see if there's light at the end of the tunnel for sci-fi's most troubled clan.

continues:
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/interviews/a209375/ronald-d-moore-caprica.html

the fifth man
March 19th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the link to that, Madwelshboy.:)

g.o.d
March 23rd, 2010, 04:57 AM
guys, does anybody know how much a single episode costs? Is it more expensive than SGU f.e. ?

Madwelshboy
March 23rd, 2010, 06:45 AM
Will the Final Five ever appear on ‘Caprica‘? I mean, shouldn’t they? – Qbert85
This question came up at last week’s screening of ‘Caprica’s cliffhanger-filled midseason finale, and ‘Battlestar’ boss man Ronald D. Moore explained that the iconic quintet are “very, very far away, traveling on a faster-than-lightspeed spacecraft to Caprica.” What that means is that any Cylons we meet on Syfy’s ‘Caprica’ will be born of Daniel Graystone’s tech, and go to war with the colonists some 10 years down the road. “It is in the middle of that conflict,” Moore says, that the Final Five would arrive on the scene.

http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/matts-tv-news/the-big-tease-scoop-on-greys-anatomy-lie-to-me-and-more/

huntress
March 23rd, 2010, 10:01 AM
Four months waiting time? Frak :( That sucks. Well the Beep will keep me fed with some good telly but I really hate those long waiting times...and that is true for any show.

Pharaoh Atem
March 23rd, 2010, 10:09 AM
Four months waiting time? Frak :( That sucks. Well the Beep will keep me fed with some good telly but I really hate those long waiting times...and that is true for any show.

sgu, doctor who

the great outdoors

huntress
March 23rd, 2010, 11:02 AM
sgu, doctor who

the great outdoors

Ashes to Ashes

Ukko
March 23rd, 2010, 11:28 AM
Ukko.

Pharaoh Atem
March 23rd, 2010, 06:17 PM
Ashes to Ashes

the rest of america idol

Replicator Todd
March 24th, 2010, 07:24 PM
the rest of america idol

:eek:

Pharaoh Atem
March 24th, 2010, 07:39 PM

i watch for ellen degeneres

the fifth man
March 24th, 2010, 08:20 PM

Replicator Todd
March 24th, 2010, 08:35 PM

:eek: x2

I wonder if Simon is a Cylon, he hates humanity so much....

the fifth man
March 24th, 2010, 09:11 PM
:eek: x2

I wonder if Simon is a Cylon, he hates humanity so much....

Anything is possible.;)

huntress
March 26th, 2010, 11:14 AM
the rest of america idol

I said GOOD telly with emphasis on good. Watching any of those shows is not what I would call a good time.

DigiFluid
March 27th, 2010, 02:30 AM
I guess you missed the part when SGU and Doctor Who were mentioned then ;)

huntress
March 27th, 2010, 12:28 PM
I guess you missed the part when SGU and Doctor Who were mentioned then ;)

I don't watch SGU, so I don't know wether the show is any good or not but yeah "Doctor Who" IS the best thing on television as far as I am concerned and I am already seriously excited about next week!

DigiFluid
April 6th, 2010, 09:10 AM
Paula Malcolmson to join Sons of Anarchy for 8-episode arc (http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2010/04/sons-of-anarchy-season-3-.html)

'Caprica' actress rides with 'Sons of Anarchy'

Paula Malcolmson is going to roll with the "Sons of Anarchy" in the FX show's third season, according to a source close to the show.

Malcolmson, a.k.a. Amanda Graystone on "Caprica" and Trixie on "Deadwood," has signed on for an eight-episode arc in the new season of "Sons of Anarchy." She'll be playing a character named Maureen.

No comments in this article on what this could mean for Caprica.

Pharaoh Atem
April 6th, 2010, 01:18 PM
Paula Malcolmson to join Sons of Anarchy for 8-episode arc (http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2010/04/sons-of-anarchy-season-3-.html)

No comments in this article on what this could mean for Caprica.

Amanda dies and Daniel moves ahead with the cylons. easy there season 2's all set :P

the fifth man
April 7th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Amanda dies and Daniel moves ahead with the cylons. easy there season 2's all set :P

Wow, if they do actually kill her off, I will be very surprised.

Replicator Todd
April 7th, 2010, 09:27 PM

That would make me kinda sad! I'm starting to enjoy her character alot.

DigiFluid
April 7th, 2010, 09:54 PM
I'm having a lot of trouble accepting her as anything other than a foul-mouthed whore of Al Swearengen :D

Pharaoh Atem
April 8th, 2010, 07:23 PM

if she doesn't die she does need to get over zoe dying eventually. it's getting old very quickly

Replicator Todd
April 9th, 2010, 03:56 PM
if she doesn't die she does need to get over zoe dying eventually. it's getting old very quickly

No parent should be able to get over loosing a child IMO.

DigiFluid
April 9th, 2010, 09:04 PM
No parent should be able to get over loosing a child IMO.
Indeed. Annoying children should be kept on a short leash.

;)

Replicator Todd
April 10th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Indeed. Annoying children should be kept on a short leash.

;)

Whoops....

Pharaoh Atem
April 11th, 2010, 05:03 AM
i hope scifi keeps the show in a short leash.

the fifth man
April 13th, 2010, 06:10 PM

We are only 10 episodes into the show.

RealmOfX
May 30th, 2010, 03:49 PM
'Caprica's' Chances At Renewal? Strong

EXCLUSIVE: Airlock Alpha takes a journey into the decision-making realm of Syfy

Excerpt :
"This doesn't mean that "Caprica" is a shoo-in for renewal. But fans who would like to see a second season shouldn't feel too pessimistic.

And news should be announced later this month both on when "Caprica" will return, and if Syfy is ordering more episodes for a second season. So keep your fingers crossed."

The complete article can be found here (http://airlockalpha.com/news/7483/capricas-chances-at-renewal-strong.html)

the fifth man
May 30th, 2010, 05:33 PM
I really hope this show gets renewed for Season 2. It deserves that much.

DigiFluid
May 30th, 2010, 05:47 PM
"Later this month"? It's the 30th!

RealmOfX
May 30th, 2010, 06:01 PM

Yeah, I asked him about that on Facebook.

Should we expect an announcement on Monday?? Hey, it's Monday here - where's the announcement ;)

the fifth man
May 31st, 2010, 05:46 PM
This could definitely get interesting. I wonder how long we will be left hanging?

Pharaoh Atem
May 31st, 2010, 07:07 PM
I really hope this show gets renewed for Season 2. It deserves that much.

yes and then i hope the show changes dramtically

TBA
June 1st, 2010, 12:54 AM
It's fine as it is. The drama and acting is great, and that's why I'm watching this show, I don't miss the action and space battles.

DigiFluid
June 1st, 2010, 03:16 PM
I like Caprica, but I don't love it. I certainly think it needs some changes.

the fifth man
June 1st, 2010, 06:10 PM
It's fine as it is. The drama and acting is great, and that's why I'm watching this show, I don't miss the action and space battles.

I agree. Besides, it is still developing. We have only seen 10 episodes thus far. Let them tell the story they were planning to.

starg8fans
June 1st, 2010, 11:47 PM

:lol: Good point!

I'm not familiar with American TV programming, so I didn't get what it meant when the article said
With Syfy still not officially announcing the mid-season return of "Caprica"When does 'mid-season' air anyway?

I hope they'll be picked up for another season as well. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they must have shot all the episodes for this season already, so we would probably not get a satisfying ending if they finish the series now. Even if they re-shoot parts of the finale.

DigiFluid
June 2nd, 2010, 01:32 AM
When does 'mid-season' air anyway?
Still unknown, I'm afraid. A while back they said "summer", which means July at the soonest. But the fact that they've announced the summer premiere dates for both Eureka and Warehouse 13 but not Caprica is less than promising

jelgate
June 2nd, 2010, 05:42 AM
Still unknown, I'm afraid. A while back they said "summer", which means July at the soonest. But the fact that they've announced the summer premiere dates for both Eureka and Warehouse 13 but not Caprica is less than promising

If I was a betting man I'd say they are holding it back a little due to Caprica's low numberss

DigiFluid
June 2nd, 2010, 06:17 AM
If I was a betting man I'd say they are holding it back a little due to Caprica's low numberss
I'd tend to agree, but I also find that a little puzzling. One would think they'd put it alongside one of their summer ratings giants (Eureka/W13) to try to boost its lousy numbers.