Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Room in the galaxy for new enemies for season 9?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Room in the galaxy for new enemies for season 9?

i wonder how many planets that sg1 has been to to date?
    given that when sg1 found the cartoush on abydos they havent even been to all of them and in season 2 when jack compiled a massive list of gate addresses into the base computer they havent even been to half of them.
    instead of going to another galaxy via the ninth chevron or somthing like that sg1 havent even seen all the major players in our own galaxy, given that the glaxy is bigger that most people realise the goa'uld couldn't possibly stretch accross this vast feild of stars, my point is that the gates that sg1 hasent been to could be home to powerful and dangerus enemies or allies.
    i hear people go on about the wraith from another galaxy but sg hasent even scratched the surface in this when it comes to meeting new aliens in this one.
    not all space capable races would be flying past earth on a daily basis they could be fighting other unknown enemies in a distant part of the galaxy. given that there were many goa'uld gods that took humans and made them slaves they wouldn't just be confined to this little corner of it.
    maybe sg1 will meet new alien races its just that people are so eager to see old faces it wouldn't give sg1 a chance to truly explore the entire galaxy not to mention planets unlike humans where they could go by ship (like the planet hebridan without its gate at first)
    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

SG-1 visited 133 planets by Memento (late season 6). Less than a quarter of the Ancient's List was visited by Fallen. The SGC has done about 1000 trips through the gate by Heroes. SG-1 has done more than its fair share of missions (probably because its the first team to be created).

Comment

I was actually trying to find this out the other day. I know that they have visited very little of what planets there are, but I was going to work out how many combinations of gate addresses there are.

I think it will be in the millions, I mean they will not show them all on TV because it will take too long. Youve also got to remember that there are other teams that visit planets, its just that we dont see them.

Ill let you know when I work it out

Comment

i doubt it. mostly b/c most of the galaxy has been explored by the goauld so if there was something out there the chances that either them or sg1 hasnt found thme is very remote. (then again the goauld didnt know about the aschen)

but i would say even w.o that, given the story arcs recently, i doubt it.
        come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

There are calculated to be somewhere of the order of ten billion loosely habitable worlds in the galaxy; there's plenty of room for new enemies, particularly if they used someone who had never had contact with Stargates before.
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Um, if season 9 was the last one, I would NOT want them to try to intro another uber-baddy. No thank you. From the looks of it, there's so much stuff they still haven't gotten around to tying up, storywise, I just feel like they need to make EVERY EP next year have a specific purpose that ties into the ending of the series. Wrap it all up with a nice bow. Don't leave things dangling. If it's the last season, treat it as such.

It's too late for SG-1, but certainly not for Atlantis. Bring on the water-aliens!

Comment

Originally posted by Vapor
              It's too late for SG-1, but certainly not for Atlantis. Bring on the water-aliens!
              General Atlantis
              Spoiler:
              The only problem with that is if there were other alien races in Pegasus, they'd probably be just as powerless as most of the human worlds, due to the Wraith.
              Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                General Atlantis
                Spoiler:
                The only problem with that is if there were other alien races in Pegasus, they'd probably be just as powerless as most of the human worlds, due to the Wraith.
                Spoiler:
                And the Ancients thought that the Pegasus galaxy was devoid of life.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                  Spoiler:
                  And the Ancients thought that the Pegasus galaxy was devoid of life.
                  To play Devil's Advocate:
                  Spoiler:
                  They were wrong once, so they could be wrong again
                  Rocky

Comment

Ah, come on. There's always some sci-fi angle to explain that kinda stuff away. I mean, we could have a massive Grandmothership ( ) full of water-aliens show up, which left the Pegasus Galaxy long ago, and now are returning to their home, and there you go- instant new baddy.

Comment

Originally posted by rocket4477
                      To play Devil's Advocate:
                      Spoiler:
                      They were wrong once, so they could be wrong again
                      True, although my theory remains that it looked that way because
                      Spoiler:
                      the Wraith had already eaten everything in the Pegasus galaxy millennia before

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                        True, although my theory remains that it looked that way because
                        Spoiler:
                        the Wraith had already eaten everything in the Pegasus galaxy millennia before
                        This is sci-fi, so anything could happen. Maybe there's a race that had managed to hide from the Wraith and have been secretly evolving, or maybe there's a race the Wraith can't eat, or maybe...(a million other possiblities that I am just not creative enough to think of ).

I'm sure there's the writers can come up with a least a few good ideas (they've proven to be creative in the past with SG-1).

And that's my two cents...
                        My LiveJournal
                        ^_^ ~ DANIquinn ~ ^_^

Comment

Working...
                        X