• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual (313)

Visit the Episode GuideHEROES SEASON THREE
    DUAL
    EPISODE NUMBER - 313

Peter and Nathan find themselves on opposite sides over whether to use the now complete formula that can give normal people abilities. Sylar locks Claire, Noah, Angela and Meredith inside Primatech and hunts them. Ando takes the formula in the hopes of rescuing Hiro from the past, with startling consequences.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 May 2015, 10:07 PM.

IMO, this was a great end to Volume 3. While "Villains" had it's up and downs, in the end, it really came together well.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

So Sylar, do we think he's really gone?
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
        So Sylar, do we think he's really gone?
        Of course he isn't. Besides, I've
        Spoiler:
        read spoilers involving him.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          Of course he isn't. Besides, I've
          Spoiler:
          read spoilers involving him.
          So have I. Anyway, all and all, I liked this volume. Fugitives sounds pretty cool though.
          sigpic

Comment

fugitives does sound really good.

I like the idea of having nathan as a villian cause he is a different type of a villian. All the other ones have just been because there really strong but he will be powerful through poitical means which should be intresting.

The writers have also set up sylar to be evil but can also be helpful. I can see him working with peter against nathan because they could be our only hope!!!

And thank god mohinda is ok i loved his character far too much!
            The BC-304... Just Try And Stop Us Now!

sigpic

Comment

Good episode, "Villians" really managed to get into gear towards the end.

I look forward to the Patrelli brothers going to war with each other, it will be interesting to see how their mother handles that.

I hope the "heroes" will go back to their normal lives before everything goes to hell. Those people to have lives in which they need to pay their bills and interact with people not in on the whole power thing.

Comment

Talk about a body count in this episode!! tho these deaths werent really significant as most were just filler characters.

Comment

Oooh. I liked this episode.

Didn't actually tie everything up, instead leaving things open for Chapter 4, unlike the following chapters.

- the 50 Powered Marines.
                  - Ando's Chargin Ma Laser Ability (and killing Future!Hiro with it)

I was really hoping that the Superstrong Marine, Scott would have more of a role, even though Superstregnth is pretty blande, I was hoping he'd have a Superman-style punch-out with Knox, came close

Anyone else think of Claude when Hiro was conversing with the Pidgeon?

Echo didn't have much screentime either, from the mobisodes it seemed like he would be an interesting character, have a sound-off against Sylar with the same abilities, alas he had less than a minute, shame. :/

Dual's actually a good episode title, what with Flint & Meredith both having pyrokinesis and burning down the respective HQs, Knox & Scott both having Superstregnth, and Sylar & Echo both having sound manipulation, even if they didn't get a proper chance to clash.

I'm curious as to why Sylar didn't take Hobo-Colossus' ability and the Puppetmasters, both seem to be pretty useful and powerful; perhaps he didn't think he had the time.

Worf as President!

Comment

Really didn't like this episode, awful science and those corny Sylar lines are starting to become unbearable. And how can Arthur be dead, didn't be absorb Adam's healing ability?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                      Really didn't like this episode, awful science and those corny Sylar lines are starting to become unbearable. And how can Arthur be dead, didn't be absorb Adam's healing ability?
                      Bullet in the head kills you, apparantly.

Either that or incapacitates you long enough for your body to be burnt to dust in a fiery inferno...

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
                        Bullet in the head kills you, apparantly.

Either that or incapacitates you long enough for your body to be burnt to dust in a fiery inferno...
                        I think it's the second one because once the bullet is removed you recover. Now that I think of it, it is a combination of both, killing you long enough for your body to burnt. I liked the episode, high body count, Nathan becoming evil, questionable fate for Sylar. I'm guessing he miracolously lived. Makes me curious who his actual parents are though, that should be interesting. One of the only things that I didn't like was that it didn't seem like Hiro got back his power. Maybe Mr. Petrelli didn't actually remove all traces of it and Ando can supercharge it back to normal? I doubt it, but maybe we get another personal quest for Hiro to get back his power.
                        http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

This was probably the best Season 3 episode yet....but then again, this Season has been all over the place so that's not saying a whole lot.

The Good:
                          - Sylar is back. His whole "OK guess I'll be a good boy" arc this volume was pretty cringe-inducing.
                          - Mohinder is finally back to normal (again, that whole "OK guess I'll go against my better judgment at every turn" arc was something that wasn't so good this volume). But he still has his powers...right??
                          - Ando finally has a power and it's a pretty awesome one (someone said his power is one of the more dangerous ones, I'd have to agree).
                          - Meredith sure blew up real good! I kinda hope she comes back...she's a pretty decent character, imho.
                          - Michael Dorn is the President.

The Bad:
                          - Peter. Why has he not shown any emotion towards any of these events!? He just watched his father get a bullet shoved into his head! His brother was ready to kill him. But....nothing.
                          - Nathan. From being a good guy two episodes ago to becoming the biggest jerk on the series. Where did this all come from?! Now he wants to lock away all the people he has met up to this point?!? Jeez.

So... a solid 8/10 from me. At least this volume ended on a high note. One can only hope that Volume 4 treats the characters better than this one did...
                          sigpic
                          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Personally, I have very high hope for Volume 4. Volume 3 really came together nicely towards the end, so I believe they may have gotten some of the old Heroes magic back.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
                              I'm curious as to why Sylar didn't take Hobo-Colossus' ability and the Puppetmasters, both seem to be pretty useful and powerful; perhaps he didn't think he had the time.

Worf as President!
                              how do we know he didn't take hobo collosus' power, all we saw was his severed arm.
                              Spoiler:
                              Disclaimer:
                              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                              Quotes!
                              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X