PDA

View Full Version : No else has asked this..

Kris_x-303
December 1st, 2008, 12:33 PM
I thought id ask since noone else has..

Why the hell does Atlantis have Doors at the top of the tower?

Did they have an annual Lemmings meeting?

I would presume its a ship docking port or there was a railing thats dissapeared magically, but it would be better for an explanation dont you think?

nx01a
December 1st, 2008, 03:52 PM
External maintenance hatch? Suicide ledge?

atlantis26
December 1st, 2008, 04:44 PM
maybe it is or is it?

Kris_x-303
December 1st, 2008, 05:12 PM
'maybe it is or it is' Thats the same question, just the first ones a statement of the question..

And thats the question, what do people think it is?

Crazedwraith
December 3rd, 2008, 03:32 AM
They were right at the top of the main tower right? Which is the jumper bay? Maybe it was an additional external docking port for jumpers so that they can land and do quick changes of personnel up there.

That would also explain the lack of safety rails.

Prenim
December 3rd, 2008, 03:29 PM
A bit of a stretch, but it could be for when Atlantis is docked/integrated into a larger city structure. On the Replicator home world, their version of Atlantis connects to the rest of the Replicator city by the tunnel walk-ways. One of them leads into the side of the tower.

Vn70072
December 5th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Human/wraith hybrid disposal port. Janus once traveled back in time and changed the plans to make sure Atlantis was equipped with a means to get rid of Michael.

Falcon Horus
January 12th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Why the hell does Atlantis have Doors at the top of the tower?

Did they have an annual Lemmings meeting?

There's only one lemming on Atlantis, as far as I know... and that would be me. No meeting but a perfect spot for airsurfing though. :p

jelgate
January 12th, 2009, 03:49 PM
Lets just hope you don't miss an air current. Its a 60 story drop:P

Integrabyte
January 12th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Doors are sexy :).