PDA

View Full Version : Wraith in trailer is not the Queen!

Dibbs7
May 9th, 2004, 11:10 AM
Acording to a couple of sites, the wraith in the trailes shown on sci-fi, is not the wraith queen. She is called the keeper.
i dont know what significance this has, but i thought it was pretty important news. Maybe the queen will be more like the queen from the alien movies. now that would be scarie!

JakeDeuxPointZero
May 9th, 2004, 04:19 PM
Who knows. Either way... she would be scary in person! To think there's one who's even scarier... whoah.

Mio
May 9th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Keeper. Hmm.....Isn't she supposed to have a wierd hat? :D

Larry The Chevron Guy
May 9th, 2004, 05:44 PM
'Keeper' Makes me think of Voyager for some reason...

MegaFishTank
May 10th, 2004, 01:06 AM
'Keeper' Makes me think of Voyager for some reason...

Hmmm. The first two things that popped into my head after reading "Keeper" was (1) "isn't that a quidditch position?" and (2) "ahhh perhaps Eric Cartman's Trapper Keeper lives on in another galaxy!!" :D

BTW, these Wraith are supposed to be some sort of "hive-based creatures" or something, right? Anyone read "Ender's Game" (and the following books) and think of the buggers?

thor39
May 10th, 2004, 08:54 AM
Hmm....
You wouldn't think she was a queen would you?
I mean a queen should be big and fearsome not as small as us ;)

Matt G
May 10th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Keeper as in B5 Shadows?

KorbenDirewolf
May 10th, 2004, 12:39 PM
Didn't SG-1 meet the Keeper already? played by Dwight something or other, I think

Mio
May 10th, 2004, 02:26 PM
The gamekeeper.

Teal'c
May 10th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Acording to a couple of sites, the wraith in the trailes shown on sci-fi, is not the wraith queen. She is called the keeper.
i dont know what significance this has, but i thought it was pretty important news. Maybe the queen will be more like the queen from the alien movies. now that would be scarie!
Which sites? You don't just say these things without giving a source! :P

ShadowMaat
May 10th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Keeper makes me think of the chick in Invisible Man. The one who had to give Darien his shots...

Funny, 'cause I never really got into that show...

Dibbs7
May 11th, 2004, 04:32 AM
chevronnine for one!

KorbenDirewolf
May 11th, 2004, 12:38 PM
Gamekeeper was an episode title.. The person was just called the Keeper.

SGSlugger
May 11th, 2004, 01:15 PM
Keeper of what? Keeper of all that is holy Stargate?

ShadowMaat
May 11th, 2004, 01:18 PM
She's the Gate Keeper, of course!

I wonder who the Key Master is gonna be...

Andy867
May 11th, 2004, 01:45 PM
Actually, according to the TV Guide 1-page special, that screaming Wraith IS the queen

From TV guide clip off GW.net:

Featured in the article is a first look at the evil and very creepy Wraith queen (left), who captures and attacks Colonel Marshall Sumner (Robert Patrick) in the first episode of the new show.

From GW.net:

Atlantis ad spots show first footage
MAY 5, 2004

Two brand new television ad spots for Stargate Atlantis have hit the airwaves, revealing the first footage from the upcoming series! Ten and 15-second versions of the two commercials are now airing in rotation on The Sci-Fi Channel.
The first ad shows the S.G.C. gate room crowded with personnel preparing to embark on the Atlantis mission, fronted by Colonel Sumner (Robert Patrick), Major Sheppard (Joe Flanigan) and Dr. Beckett (Paul McGillion). Dr. Weir (Torri Higginson) is giving a speech from the ramp in front of the active Stargate, and says to the crowd, "You are the world's best and brightest. I'd like to offer you all one last chance to withdraw your participation."

In the second ad, Weir's line (no doubt from the same speech) is "You may never be able to return home." Viewers are then treated to a close-up of the screaming Wraith queen.

Here are tantalizing shots from the two ads, including a frightening look at the female Wraith!

Dibbs7
May 11th, 2004, 02:20 PM
It isn't the Queen! We've established this. It is the Keeper! TV GUIDE says

"first look at the evil and very creepy Wraith queen, who captures and attacks Colonel Marshall Sumner "

That isnt to say that the one in the pics and the trailer isnt just "Keeping" Sumner for the Queen!

Tv Guide is always labeling pics wrong anyhow!! :mad:

Teal'c
May 12th, 2004, 11:48 AM
It isn't the Queen! We've established this. It is the Keeper! TV GUIDE says

"first look at the evil and very creepy Wraith queen, who captures and attacks Colonel Marshall Sumner "

That isnt to say that the one in the pics and the trailer isnt just "Keeping" Sumner for the Queen!

Tv Guide is always labeling pics wrong anyhow!! :mad:
Don't get angry :P We have no way to establish whether she is the queen or the keeper, different sources say different things, so we'll have to wait! :P

bspargo
May 13th, 2004, 01:50 AM
TV-Guide could be right. (producers may of changed the characters function)

But the Script pages I have read, indicate she is called "The Keeper" (per top post)

Also, the producers may of changed her function to a queen.

The impression I got was she was just in-charge of that one wraith colony.

Sela
May 13th, 2004, 02:35 AM
She's the Gate Keeper, of course!

I wonder who the Key Master is gonna be...

Rick Moranes, of course. ;)

Andy867
May 13th, 2004, 06:41 PM
But GW has already established that it is the queen. Why bicker about something that is fact. An Apple is an apple, the Queen is the Queen, simple as that.

Dibbs7
May 17th, 2004, 01:50 PM
She's not the Queen!!!!!!!
She's The Keeper!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teal'c
May 18th, 2004, 05:31 AM
She's not the Queen!!!!!!!
She's The Keeper!!!!!!!!!!!!
So you keep saying, but there are TWO conflicting sources, and while I trust casting sides more, TV Guide is newer, and it could have been changed.

And shouting isn't going to help you at all, it just annoys people :P

morjana
May 20th, 2004, 07:32 AM
The SciFi Channel's Stargate Atlantis has the promo with the Wraith available for download. It's formatted in QuickTime.

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/video/teaser.html

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Wass
May 20th, 2004, 10:18 AM
The SciFi Channel's Stargate Atlantis has the promo with the Wraith available for download. It's formatted in QuickTime.

http://www.scifi.com/atlantis/video/teaser.html

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

I don't have QuickTime is it avalible on Windows media player

Andy867
May 20th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Just download quicktime, the player itself is free.

Andy867
May 26th, 2004, 09:47 AM
You know, it is possible like Daniel said in changeling that the answer is something that hasnt been considered. You figure that A) We know of Queens in most respects as being powerful rules and that in different shows a queen may not necessarily be called a Queen. In fact, what if her name is The Keeper, but in terms of her place in the Wraith society, she would be the queen.

sarge
May 26th, 2004, 01:27 PM
<delurk>

dat's good thinking

<lurk>

Dr. Selene Ankarres
October 27th, 2009, 08:14 AM
like wraith have different ranks within a hive, such as a drone, queen and commander ect. though the 'keeper' is a female, she is NOT a queen. the queen her-self of that hive would have been hibernating along with the other wraith. if the hive did wake up ect. the keeper probably would have stepped down from the position as leading wraith and most likely would have watched over the hatching of the new drones ect. like what we saw in 'Spoils of war'

s09119
October 27th, 2009, 08:18 AM
like wraith have different ranks within a hive, such as a drone, queen and commander ect. though the 'keeper' is a female, she is NOT a queen. the queen her-self of that hive would have been hibernating along with the other wraith. if the hive did wake up ect. the keeper probably would have stepped down from the position as leading wraith and most likely would have watched over the hatching of the new drones ect. like what we saw in 'Spoils of war'

You realize this thread was from before the show aired, right?

Dr. Selene Ankarres
October 27th, 2009, 08:20 AM
You realize this thread was from before the show aired, right?

no...no i did not...... sorry :o

Dr. Selene Ankarres
October 27th, 2009, 08:21 AM
well, from what we did see in the trailer. we wouldn't have even known if the 'queen' or 'keeper' even had that sort of title.

s09119
October 27th, 2009, 08:23 AM
no...no i did not...... sorry :o

Haha, don't worry about it. I just found it humorous xD