X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith vs Ori

What would happen if these races met on the battlefield
    Say the ori attacked the pegasus galaxy?
    what would be the out come?
    Would the Geni play any part?

whats your theroys?
    sigpicIts Scary To Think Of A Mix Between These To Isnt It

Ori would win no real contest the Genii could try i guess......but no good result would come out of it really. The wraith would get themselves killed by relentlessly attacking the ori. And after that the whole galaxy is saying " Hallowed are the Ori"
    Tst

Comment

The Ori would definitely win. Hive ships are no match for Ori motherships, and that's really what it would come down to. Although I can't really see the Ori converting the Wraith to Origin... so there'd be a lot of killing of Wraith.

Anubis 10545 on Stargate Wiki - A database for all Stargate knowledge.

Comment

the Ori would win, simply because they're not like the Alterans. They would not hesitate to sacrifice millions of humans in order to win.
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

Yup Ori would win. They might suffer some loses though but in the end they would emerge victorius not just because of their superior technology but also because the people of Pegasus would probably prefer Origin as oposed to being life-sucked by the Wraith so the Ori would have no trouble converting the indigeous population.

Comment

ori whould win it.

the genii whould not changed any think and the travellers whould not either

Comment

I must say that there has recently been a thread discussing both whether the Ori or Goauld would be able to defeat the Wraith and also one I think on Ori mother ships vs Hives.
              Just had to say that.

Originally posted by Andru10 View Post
              Yup Ori would win. They might suffer some loses though but in the end they would emerge victorius not just because of their superior technology but also because the people of Pegasus would probably prefer Origin as oposed to being life-sucked by the Wraith so the Ori would have no trouble converting the indigeous population.
              I agree that the Ori would defeat the Wraith and to be honest besides the Asgard Plasma Beam Weapons we know of no other weapon (except for a Nuke being beamed on board a Hive, then exploding that through a Stargate and the Ori Super Gate activating in the episode The Pegasus Project SG1 season 10, which most would agree isn't really a viable weapon to use all of the time ) that can penetrate their shields.
              After four of their ships faced off against I think 10 Ha'Taks, 2 304s and an Asgard O'Neill class vessel and spending time in the Milky Way taking out countless Jaffa settlements and no mention being made of them losing any vessels against other advanced races our galaxy they were pretty much untouched, so I think the Wraith would have to throw at least 10 Hives and 3 Cruiser support ships a piece at the Ori to take out a single one of their vessels.
              I also agree with the conversion of Humans in PG to Origin and I think the Ori could shield a few planets, if the Wraith dropped by for a meal their weapons would just be powering the planet's shields, add a few of those satellites like in the episode Ethon (season 9 of SG1) and the Ori could probably starve out the Wraith too they wouldn't really stand a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                I must say that there has recently been a thread discussing both whether the Ori or Goauld would be able to defeat the Wraith and also one I think on Ori mother ships vs Hives.
                Just had to say that.

I agree that the Ori would defeat the Wraith and to be honest besides the Asgard Plasma Beam Weapons we know of no other weapon (except for a Nuke being beamed on board a Hive, then exploding that through a Stargate and the Ori Super Gate activating in the episode The Pegasus Project SG1 season 10, which most would agree isn't really a viable weapon to use all of the time ) that can penetrate their shields.
                After four of their ships faced off against I think 10 Ha'Taks, 2 304s and an Asgard O'Neill class vessel and spending time in the Milky Way taking out countless Jaffa settlements and no mention being made of them losing any vessels against other advanced races our galaxy they were pretty much untouched, so I think the Wraith would have to throw at least 10 Hives and 3 Cruiser support ships a piece at the Ori to take out a single one of their vessels.
                I also agree with the conversion of Humans in PG to Origin and I think the Ori could shield a few planets, if the Wraith dropped by for a meal their weapons would just be powering the planet's shields, add a few of those satellites like in the episode Ethon (season 9 of SG1) and the Ori could probably starve out the Wraith too they wouldn't really stand a chance.
                also on the ground they whould have priors wich i thing are the strongest side of the ori

Comment

ori all the way.

Comment

thank you for all of your replys been intersting to read,anyone actually think teh wraith could affect the oris movements through the galaxy?

Comment

Originally posted by ha´tak View Post
                      also on the ground they whould have priors wich i thing are the strongest side of the ori
                      Well their troops have those staff weapons that can kill a Human in one shot and I guess it probably wouldn't be much different in the case of the Wraith.
                      Didn't the Ori's little fighter craft have shields?
                      Regarding the Priors I think they would be able to easily influence the Humans in the Pegasus galaxy and gather a huge following within a very short space of time.

Originally posted by Rodney dex View Post
                      thank you for all of your replys been intersting to read,anyone actually think teh wraith could affect the oris movements through the galaxy?
                      You're welcome.

If they have trouble holding planetary positions against the Ori and in space then the only way I can think of the Wraith affecting the Ori's movements in PG I guess would be if they were able to send false information of their whereabouts to the Ori through their worshipers and trick them into some kind of trap maybe lure the Ori ships into black holes.
                      The Ori would eventually figure out they were being tricked though.

Comment

well at first i would have said wraith . are we talking about before the ori(not there followers the actual ori) because if so my answer could change . if the ori were still around they would have free reign in pegasus . meaning bye bye wraith and absolutely any resistance . if it was just there followers . then i definitely think the wraith would win out . how would sacrificing humans come into this? we have already seen ori tactics . they dont use clever tactics just the power off there ships . which would be overwhelmed by the mass numbers of wraith hives .

Comment

i assum that a prior could be culled by a dart,whats to stp them picking them up and dropping them some were else(black hole etc)

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                            Well their troops have those staff weapons that can kill a Human in one shot and I guess it probably wouldn't be much different in the case of the Wraith.
                            Didn't the Ori's little fighter craft have shields?
                            Regarding the Priors I think they would be able to easily influence the Humans in the Pegasus galaxy and gather a huge following within a very short space of time.

You're welcome.

If they have trouble holding planetary positions against the Ori and in space then the only way I can think of the Wraith affecting the Ori's movements in PG I guess would be if they were able to send false information of their whereabouts to the Ori through their worshipers and trick them into some kind of trap maybe lure the Ori ships into black holes.
                            The Ori would eventually figure out they were being tricked though.
                            there troops are so weak it is not funny and not well trained

Comment

The Asgard beam weapons take a few shots to down Wraith cruisers, they can't be that much stronger than the Wraiths own weapons. It would take several Hives but they could bring down an Ori mother ship. The Ori have never faced the resistance the Wraith would offer 10 Ha'tak is not much of a fight even including our ships and an O'neill...not when there were 4 Ori vessels to split the firepower between. The battle in Camelot wasn't long, I think our own ships could have held up pretty well for the couple of minutes the battle lasted against that amount of ships. It wasn't a spectacular feat for the Ori ships to beat down those Ha'taks...Hives are a lot bigger and tougher they'd put up more of a fight.
                              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Working...
                              X