This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith vs Gouald

this thread may have already been done before but icouldnt see it and im new here so ithought i would post this

lets say the wraith made it to the milky way before the Gouald system lords fell,what do people think would have happed?

Would the wraith tech been able to bet the system lords?

im asking this before Anubis was at large as he had more advance tech

please im curious what people think
    sigpicIts Scary To Think Of A Mix Between These To Isnt It

Would this be before or after the Wraith started a civil war
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Sorry i forgot to mention that,i would say before because we now the Gouald would still have had full control of the jaffa then,i know theres alot of ifs and buts questions like fleets size etc
      but im jus tcurious what you guys think

Comment

Goa'uld. Simply because they're the ultimate villains of Stargate.
        My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

yer but how would they do it?
          surpose they would have the home ground and no there way about
          is wraith tech more powerful than wraith tech?

Comment

I would say Wraith and Goa'uld tech is pretty equal however before the Wraith civil war they still have the huge numbers that was used to defeat the Ancients. So if Wraith travel to the Milky Way can be repeated I'd say the Wraith would win.
            Jelgate is right

Comment

wraith numbers are very large(im not sure how large)
              but what would happen if the system lords combined forces to fight this new foe?

Comment

The Wraith would win. Especially because their ships are so massive, it would take several Goa'uld motherships several minutes to destroy one.

Anubis 10545 on Stargate Wiki - A database for all Stargate knowledge.

Comment

ive been thinking about this and i think that the jaffa would be better ground troops and the wraith better in fleet

any opinons

Comment

That would depend solely when the Wraith last fed. If the Wraith was at least half strength I think it could beat a Jaffa. I see the Tauri had a harder time killing a Wraith then a Jaffa
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

I'd have to say the Wraith would win, perhaps one on one a Ha'Tak could take out a Cruiser, but I think it would take like 4 Ha'Taks too at least match a Hive and even then I don't think the Goauld would be guaranteed to win.

Numbers wise, at the beginning of Atlantis the Wraith are supposed to have had at least 60 Hives and then there are the Cruisers which I think the Wraith would have had a minimum of 180, three cruiser support ships per Hive, so that would mean they'd have at least 240 ships, now I don't think they'd stop at that amount to take over this galaxy as it would mean they could operate in 2 feeding grounds, not having to sleep between culling cycles and just leave a fair sized fleet to monitor Pegasus and make sure no race steps out of line and develops too much technology they could use against the Wraith.

I think there were like 10 system lords and each had perhaps 30 Ha'Taks, so say 300 ships for the Goauld, with their basic pre-Anubis tech there's no way that the Goauld could even if they had Anubis's Ancient like technology.
                      Well perhaps a fleet of Anubis's super powered mother ships (I mean his flag ship with that funky omnidirectional weapon) could take out the incoming Wraith ships, but Rodney dex you of course said no Anubis super Goauld-Ancient tech.

BTW welcome to Gateworld.

Comment

Possibly same outcome with Ancients the Gou'ald would think the Wraith as no real threat until it was to late and their Over confidence which we all know the Gou'ald were over confident they would get themselves killed Anubis's Mothership would be swarmed if it existed at a time frame were anubis came back. And sooner after that our Milky Way Galaxy becomes a huge buffet
                        Tst

Comment

Originally posted by Rodney dex View Post
                          this thread may have already been done before but icouldnt see it and im new here so ithought i would post this

lets say the wraith made it to the milky way before the Gouald system lords fell,what do people think would have happed?

Would the wraith tech been able to bet the system lords?

im asking this before Anubis was at large as he had more advance tech

please im curious what people think

hmmm.... Well, let's look at it.

The Wraith probably have more brute power in their ships, but they're at the tail end of a horrendously long logistical train. No repair facilities, planetary bases, etc. Add to that the fact they haven't actually fought a war against people who could fight (the Ancients don't count, it was a pure numbers game, and the Ancients fought stupid), and you're looking at a severy disadvantage.

The Goa'uld ships are probably somewhat weaker (though their shields give them some advantage, at least), but they have more of them and are fighting on their home territory. They have access to cloaking tech, the local gate network (the Wraith do not), and have local industrial facilities. They have also had millenia fighting each other to become proficient at small fleet tactics (including fighter tactics). I can think of a couple ways off the top of my head that the Goa'uld could wipe out a Wraith fleet.

Easiest would be: Look like you're fighting a major fleet action (say 6-7 capital ships on each side). Wait until fighters have been launched and committed (at that point, neither side's fighters can break away without horrendous casualties). Then come in with cloaked Alkesh bombers as Tannith did in Crossroads, but with a couple dozen of them rather than just one (since it's a fleet action rather than just one guy). Alkesh are significantly smaller/cheaper than Hataks, so this should be doable (cheap enough to leave one hidden for Tannith just in case). Even if you lose most of them, you still come out ahead if you manage to cripple the enemy cruisers or hives badly enough for the Hataks to finish the job (and since you come in cloaked, you can careful pick your first couple shots).

Fast, slashing attacks like that on any Wraith ship you can locate should whittle them down nicely (the Alkesh should never operate in less than squadron strength - say 15 to 20 - under these circumstances). Use them like German U-Boats. They come in undetected, swarm and overwhelm an isolated target, and get out fast (if you want to get really nasty, use them as a first strike against engines/hyperdrives, and have them rendezvous with capital ships just outside of the system to give a full report - the cap ships then go in and finish the job).

Additionally, mount heavy deathgliders (as seen in Into the Fire) on rails in front of a gate (as opposed to piloting them through) and you can deploy hundreds of them anywhere in the galaxy within minutes to support your capital ships. You'll be able to swamp the anti-fighter defenses of any capital ship around if you have enough of them (and you only need one or two forces of this size, since the gate gives instant travel). Give a small percentage of them seriously heavy weapons naquadah enhanced explosives, maybe) and task them for anti-shipping work (as opposed to anti-fighter). The Wraith will be in for a seriously bad day.

Comment

thank you for the replys so far bben real intersting

any more opinons?

Comment

I'd say the Goa'uld. Let's not forget that the Wraith managed to turn the tide of their war with the Ancients by capturing 3 Auroras and taking their ZPMs to power the clonning facility and increase their numbers. They wouldn't have access to ZPMs in our galaxy meaning that their numbers would diminish in time. On top of that the Milky Way galaxy is much larger than Pegasus, it would take a really long time for them to explore/conquer not to mention the fact that they know nothing about our galaxy. They would probably advance pretty slow, conquering a few worlds, and since the planets in MW are more populated than in Pegaus they would have a rich feeding ground so no need to expand too quickly. During this time the Goa'uld could probably gather a sizeable fleet and slowly destroy the Wraith. Also there are a lot of technologically advanced civillizations in the Milky Way which would also fight the Wraith.

Comment

Working...
                              X