This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Short story backups for the movie DVDs?

How about it? Since the sets are already there, how about some cute little character pieces for the DVD movies that we would never see on a tv show where theres always got to be a villian or a an explosion every 3 minutes? Theres been all sorts of stories that we havent seen for this reason.

Same principle as the Ewok story, only character pieces and not campy.

Seriously how much more could it cost to do a 30 minute "carsons reunited with his mom" story or Sheppard goes golfing with Ronin story. Im sure the actors would love an extra day of pay and the potential for actor improv would be awesome.

Would give alittle extra something for the DVD purchasers over the tv viewers too

I demand any carson storys be called 'My Wee Turtles' XD

bad idea
    Lose it... It means go crazy, nuts, insane, bonzo, no longer in possession of ones faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal, wacko!

Comment

I'd like a movie about SG-3 or perhaps the Adventures of the Apollo.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Commander View Post
        bad idea
        Thanks for the well thought out reply.

Comment

I like that idea

Comment

I like that idea, could push DVD sales up a bit and keep SG-1 and Atlantis alive that little bit longer. A way of doing stories that aren't worth a whole episode (or more appropriately, movie).

However, they'd have to be done somewhat inexpensively to be worth it, so filmed at the same time as the movies and probably not much in the way of CGI or guest stars, but not so inexpensively they come across like the Babylon 5 Lost Tales.

But what to call them? Discisodes? Stargate: The Lost Mission Reports?
            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
            sigpic
            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

I would prefer it to focus on other cast doing missions like SG-13 in heroes. Rather than seeing the likes of Sheppard golfing or O'Niell fishing we could watch other SGC/SGA teams in action and meeting new cultures. For once the flagship team doesn't have to be the one meeting advanced civilizations.

Comment

Next year when atlantis does there first sgmovie and hopefully we get to see thrid sg1 movie i would love if, at the end of it all when theyve decided to stop making these films towards the end they make a film that will involve sg1 and sga cast menbers together
                just to see the interaction that some of the characters would have with each other like mckay and vala more off tealc and ronon mitchell and shepperd
                that type of stuff

and hopefully we will get to see a lot more sg1 stuff because i think the entire cast is amazing and so was the show and these movies there still a lot of people that would love to see these movies

ohh and this is a question that i hope someone might
                these scifi movies that for example MS has been making the megasnake and this last one the lost canyon..
                what are the budget for these films ? because these sg movies are in my opinion a lot better than these scifi movies so couldnt we just see more of these SGmovies being made so that they could be shown on scifi or other channels like i know the sgmovies are being shown on sky1 wich i think is great
                ???

Comment

Originally posted by mvdldnspn View Post
                  ohh and this is a question that i hope someone might
                  these scifi movies that for example MS has been making the megasnake and this last one the lost canyon..
                  what are the budget for these films ? because these sg movies are in my opinion a lot better than these scifi movies so couldnt we just see more of these SGmovies being made so that they could be shown on scifi or other channels like i know the sgmovies are being shown on sky1 wich i think is great
                  ???
                  I think the SG1 movie budget was 10 million pounds. Not 100 per cent but I think I read it some where.

Comment

Heres an idea, how about a list of things we need to see but arent enough for a movie:
                    The personal side of Carsons reserrection
                    What Jacks been doing in Washington
                    What happened to Sheppards mom
                    Rodney and his sister
                    Sam working on her bike
                    Tealc and Bratac up to Jaffishness
                    Ronins years as a runner
                    Teyla and her people on New new Athos
                    The ancients time on Atlantis in the Return b4 they were killed

Ive seen some of TPTB other side projects and am familliar with some of the actors others work, i think these could be 20-30 minute gems, and really add to the product.

Comment

Originally posted by Mclean View Post
                      I think the SG1 movie budget was 10 million pounds. Not 100 per cent but I think I read it some where.
                      I think the Continuum budget was 7 million dollars, which is like .... 4 million pounds or something? Not sure about the conversion. And I believe AoT was less.

Comment

Originally posted by fyere View Post
                        I think the Continuum budget was 7 million dollars, which is like .... 4 million pounds or something? Not sure about the conversion. And I believe AoT was less.
                        Yeah that sounds more believable. Maybe I read that ten million was the combined budget for both films as they were both announced at the same.

Comment

Working...
                        X