Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Misty Alien Trick - Did They Forget About It?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith Misty Alien Trick - Did They Forget About It?

I was watching "The Rising" on DVD the other day and I noticed when the Wraith started culling the camp on Athos as Teyla and John were running up she mentioned something about "Dont believe what your eyes tell you" when speaking about the Wraith..

Then we cut to a scene where Sumner is in the woods and we see this mist move around like some sort of alien lifeform.. it gives us the impression that the Wraith have something to do with it.. any ideas about this?

Its clear that it was a pretty important scene because the reaction from Sumner gives the impression that we should pay attention to the movement of the mist..
    now 5 seasons later I dont think I have seen the Wraith do that again..

any information, ideas, theories?

Below is a picture from here @ Gateworld that shows what I am talking about..

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...l_102_1337.JPG
    sigpic
    I love the big hairy fuzzy men on TV, mmmm
    "I'll Be Your Freyr Elrad, Wait For Me!!!
    Me On YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/airricksreloaded

It was done in the Seige a little but yes it does not get done much at all, for some reason it always gets forgotten about by TPTB

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Ads View Post
      It was done in the Seige a little but yes it does not get done much at all, for some reason it always gets forgotten about by TPTB

Really? I will have to go watch that now on DVD.. didnt remember them using it a second time..

Seriously though it would be severely broken if the Wraith could do it.. but why even use it off and on if its not going to be explained or used regularly..?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by airrick View Post
        Really? I will have to go watch that now on DVD.. didnt remember them using it a second time..

Seriously though it would be severely broken if the Wraith could do it.. but why even use it off and on if its not going to be explained or used regularly..?
        Its Either The Siege Part 2 or 3, Colonal Everett is comming down a flight of stairs and you see the wraith trick.

Well the wraith can do lots of things which you see one times then never again, ability to push col.sumner back without touching him for example.

Comment

Its Either The Siege Part 2 or 3, Colonal Everett is comming down a flight of stairs and you see the wraith trick.

Well the wraith can do lots of things which you see one times then never again, ability to push col.sumner back without touching him for example.
          Looking for it now..

wow.. I forgot about the pushing Sumner away with like telekenesis or something
          sigpic

Comment

Its either the last 10 minutes of Siege part 2 or first 10 minutes of part 3 so that should narrrow it down!

Also Wraith just used to look at eachover and they seems to take orders or something, now they have a cup of tea and chat for ages it seems.

Also it used to take about 20 bullets to kill a wraith now its like 2 or 3 and there down for good, could be due to the lack of food for them but even so its still a big leap

Comment

Its either the last 10 minutes of Siege part 2 or first 10 minutes of part 3 so that should narrrow it down!

Also Wraith just used to look at eachover and they seems to take orders or something, now they have a cup of tea and chat for ages it seems.

Also it used to take about 20 bullets to kill a wraith now its like 2 or 3 and there down for good, could be due to the lack of food for them but even so its still a big leap

Yea I found the scene its @ the end of 2.. its very brief but obviously another one of those "mist tricks" that they stopped using.

Now I have to watch the entire series over again to find more Wraith changes LOL
              sigpic

Comment

Hi! I was wondering if I could please have your permission to quote you in another thread? Just those two sentences? My friends would find that hilarious because we've been talking about the same sort of thing
                Cup of tea
                sigpic
                Cass Todd -

Comment

Much like the jaffa used to take loads of bullets, after a season or so they went down after liek 2 or 3! silly tptb making the foe seem more killable so it seems we are making progress!

Click Signature for my take on all things in life, also known as my BLOG!!
                  Please Read and if it interest you make a comment

Atlantis -
                  SG1 -

Comment

Originally posted by Cree View Post
                    Much like the jaffa used to take loads of bullets, after a season or so they went down after liek 2 or 3! silly tptb making the foe seem more killable so it seems we are making progress!
                    LOL you know whats funny is that it makes sense that we would get better @ fending off an adversary after fighting them for a while..

but that doesnt mean that our regular ammo gets stronger .. or that their armor gets a lot weaker hehe
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Todds worshipper View Post
                      Hi! I was wondering if I could please have your permission to quote you in another thread? Just those two sentences? My friends would find that hilarious because we've been talking about the same sort of thing
                      Cup of tea
                      Sure feel free

Tis a tad silly though as you look at Rising and the Wraith that we meet who is silent but he has a pressence about him, and the wraith we capture all have pressence. Now you get ones like the wraith in Midway and Broken Ties all they do is talk, makes them look week and desperate to some extent

Comment

Originally posted by Cree View Post
                        I think with Jaffa there armour is meant to be very strong but they have alot of areas that can be hit which are not protected, whilst wraith have healing and if they have fed recently should take alot of damage, just look at "The Defiant One".

Yes it time we get better at fighting against them but still a big jump to go from season 1 of SG-1 to 2 and you can practically sniper jaffa

Comment

Well obviously they couldn't use that ability again... Col.Sumner was dead.

The wraith mind trick stems from their psychic powers, which have been reference but they having use the actual mind trick for years.
                          sigpic
                          Banner By JME2

Comment

Thanks heaps for letting me do that.

Yes, we are very concerned with what TPTB are doing to the wraith. It's like the writers don't care for consistency anymore ....eg. whispering wraith when they communicate telepathically and they have lost their fearsome, immortalistic qualities because they keep dumbing them down (like in The Outsiders
                            Spoiler:

Falling after a few shots from a shaky doctor and they also would have known that a flashing red light is an explosive even if they can't read english because their own explosive devices use flashing lights
                            ....except for Todd of course None of the above applies to him in any way

Thanks again!
                            sigpic
                            Cass Todd -

Comment

Teyla, Bates and Co must have been looking the other way!

Wraiths Psychic powers are so under-used and when they are used its mainly for queens for some reason, normal wraith just seem so much more beatable now

Comment

Working...
                              X