Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just occured to me (spoilers for "The Five")

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just occured to me (spoilers for "The Five")

In The Five, we see Helen had gained her immortality by taking vampire blood (along with the other four). With Helen and Druitt as her parents, you'd think Ashley would be really super-powered.

Ashley already displays some serious stamina; she never appears to be too winded after a marathon battle. But I wonder if she'll ever develop more paranormal powers down the road.

Yup, I think everyone is wondering that one as well especially going on what Druitt told Ashley about her skills and how closely they are to dear ol' dads. Though of course she had to work out that last bit, but her realization and the 'what if's' surrounding it will be exciting to see unfold in the weeks ahead.

Comment

I'd think Helen would have done tests on Ashley from time to time since her birth ,and so has a good idea already of her daughter's potential,but it keeps us all guessing to keep all that dark till the right dramatic moment in the show.

Nature V Nurture comes into play as well.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I wonder how she got the vampire blood? I would like to see more on the whole ancient vampires to current vampires. Also, it said she made the blood into something else somehow.

I think Ashley will somehow become abnormal, but we'll see. Druid will become good only to have Ashley go evil.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
          I wonder how she got the vampire blood? I would like to see more on the whole ancient vampires to current vampires. Also, it said she made the blood into something else somehow.
          All great questions that need answers.
          My guess is that her father might have found the original vampire blood,or he and Helen might have tracked it down together.
          Females of the Victorian era didn't get a chance to do much without a male in attendance.
          Want to bet they came across either a surviving descendant of the original vampires ,or that they found writings and extrapolated from those to create the serum ?

Originally posted by Spimman
          I think Ashley will somehow become abnormal, but we'll see. Druid will become good only to have Ashley go evil.
          I think Ashley could turn to the bad for a while,but will find she's better off staying on the good side of the fence.
          I think it'd be fun for Ashley to go rogue for a while though.I like conflicted characters !
          Druitt is an unknown quality,no matter what he told Ashley in The Five .
          I'm betting he doesn't stay cured for long.
          The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I think Ashley is normal because her parents aren't genetically abnormal through a natural process. They did something to themselves to become what they are, so I don't believe their changes would be passed on to their offspring. Now, were Ashley to take the vampire blood "treatment" she might develop similar latent powers to Magnus or Druitt since, after all, they are her parents.
            sigpic

Comment

i have a feeling ashley may play a part in tesla's goal to bring back sanguine vampiris
              Spoiler:
              Disclaimer:
              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
              Quotes!
              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
                I think Ashley is normal because her parents aren't genetically abnormal through a natural process. They did something to themselves to become what they are, so I don't believe their changes would be passed on to their offspring. Now, were Ashley to take the vampire blood "treatment" she might develop similar latent powers to Magnus or Druitt since, after all, they are her parents.
                She was born after they took it though, and it had to have changed them some how in order to have a permenant affect. If it's permenant, it could be passed on. It's a bit like if the mother is on cocaine then the baby will be born already addicted.

I think Ashley is affected by it.
                sigpic

Comment

I think that she has some of her fathers thirst for blood at times.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mcfergeson View Post
                    In The Five, we see Helen had gained her immortality by taking vampire blood (along with the other four). With Helen and Druitt as her parents, you'd think Ashley would be really super-powered.

Ashley already displays some serious stamina; she never appears to be too winded after a marathon battle. But I wonder if she'll ever develop more paranormal powers down the road.
                    Oh cool, i never thought of that.

Comment

Working...
                    X