Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keller's Uncle George reference

Hi.

Not sure if anyone had pointed it out but did anyone notice Keller's talking about her Uncle George saying that he hated the phrase "save the planet" was [I think] a tribute to a bit the late comedian George Carlin did about the topic?

KELLER: You know, my Uncle George – he always hated the phrase "save the planet."

KRAMER: What?

KELLER: Well, he just thought it was a little backwards, you know, ‘cause the planet's gonna be here no matter what happens. It might be a giant unliveable rock but it's gonna survive.

KRAMER: So you're turning this into a discussion on semantics?!
    George Carlin's "Save the Planet" bit:

We're so self-important. So self-important. Everybody's going to save something now. "Save the trees, save the bees, save the whales, save those snails." And the greatest arrogance of all: save the planet. What? Are these f**king people kidding me? Save the planet, we don't even know how to take care of ourselves yet. We haven't learned how to care for one another, we're gonna save the f**king planet?
    Did anyone catch that? The writers even paid tribute by mentioning Carlin's first name! It was awesome!

Here's a video of the bit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eScDfYzMEEw (quote comes at 1:15 mark)
    Last edited by kalvmor; 24 November 2008, 10:51 PM.
Working...
X