This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about location of Sanctuary

Did they mention in Sanctaury what the name of the city is? I'm referring to the city that serves as a homebase of Helen's Sanctuary. Did this berg get a name, yet? Just wondering.

Originally posted by Mcfergeson View Post
    Did they mention in Sanctaury what the name of the city is? I'm referring to the city that serves as a homebase of Helen's Sanctuary. Did this berg get a name, yet? Just wondering.
    I don't think they've given it a name yet besides the two sections of 'Old City' and 'New City' divided by the river, with the Sanctuary being in Old City.

sigpic

Comment

Ok, thanks.

Sanctuary always strikes me as having taken place in an alternate universe, anyway. So it's probably just as well that the city remains unnamed.

Sean

Comment

in folding man, they suggested that it was in the pacific northwest somewhere, but they have never named the city.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

gotham
          Spoiler:
          Disclaimer:
          I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
          Quotes!
          - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
          - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
          - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            in folding man, they suggested that it was in the pacific northwest somewhere, but they have never named the city.
            Sanctuary reminds of the same dark (and really cool) vibe of Underworld. They never mentioned the name of that city, either.

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
            gotham

*GASP!*

So that WAS the Batmobile I saw driving by in the last episode!

Sean

Comment

Originally posted by Mcfergeson View Post

Sanctuary always strikes me as having taken place in an alternate universe, anyway. So it's probably just as well that the city remains unnamed.

Sean
              ITA.If they named the city ,it removes all mystery ,and leaves little room to change details as the plot requires.

State it's location etc, and the nitpicks would come in thick and fast ,just like the fun the SG fandom has over the location of Jack's cabin,the zoo at Colorado Springs...yadda !
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I'm pretty sure I saw a Canadian (Presumably BC) license plate on Will's car in FOlding Man...

Comment

A filming slip-up,not a canon placement of Will's in-show location.Normally vehicle licence plates are blurred or not shown in tv.
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by F.H.BAGPUSS View Post
                    ITA.If they named the city ,it removes all mystery ,and leaves little room to change details as the plot requires.

State it's location etc, and the nitpicks would come in thick and fast ,just like the fun the SG fandom has over the location of Jack's cabin,the zoo at Colorado Springs...yadda !
                    Yeah, I agree. It's nice having some mystery in the series.

Comment

Working...
                    X