PDA

View Full Version : If Cam gets Shot in Movie #3...

Ripple in Space
November 24th, 2008, 01:14 PM
So tptb have said that they want RDA's Jack to be the star of the third movie like the old days, so... If the movie opens with...

SG-1 in a firefight with the Lucian Alliance, they're pinned down, and both Cam & Vala are brutally killed just before Jack comes in leading a rescue team and saving Sam, Daniel & Teal'c. Then the opening sequence roles...

Fan reaction would be...?

hedwig
November 24th, 2008, 01:22 PM
So tptb have said that they want RDA's Jack to be the star of the third movie like the old days, so... If the movie opens with...

SG-1 in a firefight with the Lucian Alliance, they're pinned down, and both Cam & Vala are brutally killed just before Jack comes in leading a rescue team and saving Sam, Daniel & Teal'c. Then the opening sequence roles...

Probably stunned or higly annoyed ... at least some of them.:) There are a lot of Cam and Vala fans out there, so I don't see TPTB getting rid of either of them. Although, if Cam were injured, Jack could still come to the rescue of all of them.:D

Jeffala
November 24th, 2008, 02:49 PM
I would be annoyed. Desk Jockeys don't usually make for good action heroes.

Crazedwraith
November 24th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Jack's a big shot two star General nowadays, there's no way he's going to be doing any fieldwork barring special circumstances like "The Return"

Now Shepard and his team coming through to bail them out, I can dig. Hard to justify but it would be awesome.

flynn1959
November 24th, 2008, 02:55 PM

The reaction of this particular fan would be...laughter. Jack's days of coming to the rescue are long gone. So it would have to be some kind of halucination or something. TBTP really arn't stupid enough to kill off two of its stars, even if it is the last movie. :) Now if you had said Sam was brutally killed this fan reaction would have been a loud cheer! :)

Killdeer
November 24th, 2008, 02:56 PM
This fan would be highly annoyed, and wouldn't watch the rest of the movie. :S (Not sure I'll watch it anyway - I'm waiting to see who's in it, and what the story is)

Cagranosalis
November 24th, 2008, 03:44 PM
I seriously doubt any of the mian characters will be killed off (at least permanently) in the next movue becuase then they'd pretty much narrow their options for future movies.
I think Altalins' The Return proved Jack can still be a bit of an action man even for an old desk jockey, although I agree it would have to be exceptionally (and possibly contrived) circumstances to get him back out in the field again.
Nope, please don't kill off Cam or Vala or anyone else permanently.

Cags

Alteran of Atlantis
November 24th, 2008, 03:46 PM

This is a halucination. Where the heck did Jack come from?!

That's what I would say. I don't think Vala or Cam would be killed off. Besides, where would Jack come from? Did he mess with some Ancient technology that transported him to the planet SG-1 was on?

VSS
November 24th, 2008, 04:34 PM
This is a halucination. Where the heck did Jack come from?!

That's what I would say. I don't think Vala or Cam would be killed off. Besides, where would Jack come from? Did he mess with some Ancient technology that transported him to the planet SG-1 was on?

Yes. You know how Jack is. Can't keep his hands off of Sam's doohickeys.

RubberJesus
November 24th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Are they actually thinking about doing this or is this just a hypothetical scenario

VSS
November 24th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Are they actually thinking about doing this or is this just a hypothetical scenario

It's hypothetical.
But really, they may be forced with a way to explain why certain members of SG-1 aren't around if they aren't able to be in the movie for whatever reason. I think killing them off is a little permanent, though. Hard for the fans.

Wolf O'Donnell
November 24th, 2008, 05:36 PM
In my eyes what they would be doing is getting rid of one character to make room for another thats what they did in:

Atlastis season 4 with Weir and Carter
Are doing with Atlantis to make room for Universe
and what i am afraid is going to happen to Landry in the last episode of Atlantis in favor or Carter (again)

and i hate it.

Alteran of Atlantis
November 24th, 2008, 05:57 PM

:lol: Very true!

the fifth man
November 24th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Getting rid of Cam or Vala in such a way would seriously pi** me off. They are part of SG-1 now. If Jack is going to have a big role in the third film, it should be the six of them then. That is how I see it.

spinny magee
November 24th, 2008, 08:09 PM

Pi--ed off. And honestly i think i speak for everyone when I say we want Jack in the 3rd movie. And what did Cameron and Vala ever do to you???:cameron::vala:

Major V1125
November 24th, 2008, 09:31 PM
yeah...where does Jack come in when hes a two-star general....well i think they wouldnt be fighting the Lucian Alliance in the third movie, since i think its gonna be around Atlantis and the Wraith. XD

flynn1959
November 25th, 2008, 12:10 AM

How does he reach them around his zimmerframe?:)

jasminaGo
November 25th, 2008, 02:28 AM

Mixed. Some would cheer, some would be p*****, others wouldn't care one way or the other...

For me personally, I would cheer...pass around cookies...maybe even throw a small party...with fireworks... Even if instead of Jack, it's Reynolds that shows up for the rescue. :)

Mclean
November 25th, 2008, 04:44 AM
I heard he is going to be in the third movie so maybe Jack gets put back in command of the SGC. That's probably the only way he could feature, unless his department take part in a joint mission with the SGC, doing something on Earth!

Ikaros
November 25th, 2008, 04:49 AM

Cool, i never liked that character. Vala is another thing.I would like her to stay alive.....she is so funny and lively.

J-Whitt Remastered
November 25th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Maybe Jack would be visiting the SGC for something or other when a foothold situation pops up. That would explain how Jack would be involved in the fighting instead of sitting behind a desk. And after the situation we find out that Jack is the only one who knows the layout of a former Gou'ald stronghold that has been taken over by the Lucian Alliance. Or something like that.

ShardsofGlass
November 25th, 2008, 10:18 AM
This strikes me as a bit of a bizarre question, one I can't see TPTB ever doing. Why limit their options by killing off two main characters like that? Personally, I have a feeling that if Brad does write an A storyline around Jack, then Cam will be central to the B storyline. He has been the lead while Jack wasn't around. And two storylines could solve a lot of problems. Give Cam the action and give Jack something else. Fans of both are potentially happy.

But in answer to your question, I'd stop watching SG if Cam and Vala were killed off. So there ya go.

jenks
November 25th, 2008, 10:19 AM

Split. The traditionalist would probably love it, and conclude it was the result of the failure of the last few seasons/movies, everyone else would probably be bemused/annoyed. To kill off the freshest characters on the team for the sake of bringing back a character that has been reduced to a comic relief role would seem a bit counter-productive, it would make more sense to kill off Carter and Teal'c.

Egle01
November 25th, 2008, 11:51 AM
If Cam gets Shot in Movie #3...

I'll start to think TPTB enjoy Cam whump. :rolleyes: If his injury would be the excuse for him not to show up before the end of the movie, I would be totally okay with that. To say the least. :D

VSS
November 25th, 2008, 11:57 AM
No one is going to die- at least not yet;). I wouldn't be surprised if Cam had a minor role, though. He was up front and center in Continuum and AoT, now it's someone else's turn- Jack's I guess.

I do wonder how they're going to write for cast with six main characters, though. The only reason they got away with it in Continuum is that two of them were primarily cast as the enemy! One of the many things I preferred about SG1 seasons 1-8 is that they always centered on the four main characters and no one else.

I think that too large of a main cast is a problem for Atlantis.

the fifth man
November 29th, 2008, 08:30 PM
This strikes me as a bit of a bizarre question, one I can't see TPTB ever doing. Why limit their options by killing off two main characters like that? Personally, I have a feeling that if Brad does write an A storyline around Jack, then Cam will be central to the B storyline. He has been the lead while Jack wasn't around. And two storylines could solve a lot of problems. Give Cam the action and give Jack something else. Fans of both are potentially happy.

But in answer to your question, I'd stop watching SG if Cam and Vala were killed off. So there ya go.

I think that your "feeling" is probably how things will go. And I am fine with that. I adore both Jack and Cameron, and it'd be great to see a lot of both of them in this film. But I also hope there is time for some decent interaction between the two of them as well. IMO, we haven't gotten to see enough of that.

Col.Foley
November 29th, 2008, 10:43 PM
I think that your "feeling" is probably how things will go. And I am fine with that. I adore both Jack and Cameron, and it'd be great to see a lot of both of them in this film. But I also hope there is time for some decent interaction between the two of them as well. IMO, we haven't gotten to see enough of that.
:indeed: That is a really awesome idea. Similar to what they did with AOT but that is really really a nice suggestion.

Infinite-Possibilities
November 30th, 2008, 12:49 AM
It would be by far the most ridiculous thing they've ever done. And that says a lot.

I would lose any and all remaining shreds of faith I have left in them if they pulled such a stupid stunt. Killing off the LEAD of the show and one of the more interesting new creations BEFORE the movie even begins for the sole purpose of permanently regressing the franchise and obnoxiously showing the heroism of a guy who isn't on the show anymore sounds nothing more than a rabid anti-season 9 and 10 fan's deluded fantasy fresh out from a self indulgent fan fiction.

Fortunatly there is no way TPTB are silly enough to go ahead with that. Although I am not so sure exactly how much Cam and Vala we will get.

I have no idea why the new characters need to leave in order for Jack to come back. I'm looking forward to a movie with Jack in it, but one of the reasons for it is seeing him interact more with Vala and Cam. I hope all of SG-1 and Jack has a major part to play.

VSS
December 1st, 2008, 04:23 PM
It would be by far the most ridiculous thing they've ever done. And that says a lot.

I would lose any and all remaining shreds of faith I have left in them if they pulled such a stupid stunt. Killing off the LEAD of the show and one of the more interesting new creations BEFORE the movie even begins for the sole purpose of permanently regressing the franchise and obnoxiously showing the heroism of a guy who isn't on the show anymore sounds nothing more than a rabid anti-season 9 and 10 fan's deluded fantasy fresh out from a self indulgent fan fiction.

Fortunatly there is no way TPTB are silly enough to go ahead with that. Although I am not so sure exactly how much Cam and Vala we will get.

I have no idea why the new characters need to leave in order for Jack to come back. I'm looking forward to a movie with Jack in it, but one of the reasons for it is seeing him interact more with Vala and Cam. I hope all of SG-1 and Jack has a major part to play.

Well, your post kind of made me think a little bit about their intentions for the movies as a whole. I've always thought all bets are off regarding who the lead is in a show that's no longer on the air. Quite frankly, they can make it be whomever they want it to be from movie to movie, just as they tended to focus on one character at a time in some of the episodes.

Having said that, I don't think Teal'c or Vala will ever be story A. But the others- who knows? Daniel and Sam both seem overdue to have the spotlight on them, IMHO. But I don't think that Cam is going to have the lead in the future, simply because he did in the last two movies and also because BW came right out and said he really wanted O'Neill, Carter, Teal'c and Jackson- and "to a certain extent" Landry and Mitchell for future movies.

Ripple in Space
December 1st, 2008, 09:48 PM
Having said that, I don't think Teal'c or Vala will ever be story A. But the others- who knows? Daniel and Sam both seem overdue to have the spotlight on them, IMHO. But I don't think that Cam is going to have the lead in the future, simply because he did in the last two movies and also because BW came right out and said he really wanted O'Neill, Carter, Teal'c and Jackson- and "to a certain extent" Landry and Mitchell for future movies.

I agree, it makes sense from any POV. SG-1 is about the Tau'ri, so it just makes sense that the humans get the spotlight. I also agree about Sam & Daniel, but from the actors' POV, Shanks actually had his role reduced last time around, and Carter's gotten more screen time than anyone. Though with the original team back, Carter will be back to great rather than passable.

Infinite-Possibilities
December 2nd, 2008, 01:46 AM
Well I mentioned him as the lead mostly because he gets first billing.

silly sally
December 2nd, 2008, 03:27 AM

That's not always so
Christopher Reeves ("Superman") didn't get first billing until "Superman III" ;)

VSS
December 2nd, 2008, 06:42 AM

He won't get first billing if he's not the lead. I would think that the order and type of billing in the movies is negotiated separately from the series. While the actors might have signed on for the first two movies at the same time, I'm pretty sure everything will be re-negotiated with the next one, since they weren't even sure they were going to do it until this year.

VSS
December 2nd, 2008, 06:49 AM
I agree, it makes sense from any POV. SG-1 is about the Tau'ri, so it just makes sense that the humans get the spotlight. I also agree about Sam & Daniel, but from the actors' POV, Shanks actually had his role reduced last time around, and Carter's gotten more screen time than anyone. Though with the original team back, Carter will be back to great rather than passable.

Carter maybe got more screen time because of a year on Atlantis, but I can't say it was quality time. So yeah, back to great instead of passable.:)

knowles2
December 7th, 2008, 03:12 PM
If anyone gonna dye it will most likely be Sam, as Amanda Tapping got her own show that she is now staring and producing and so I doubt she has time to do many films.\

SO a other hypothetical scenario

The opening scene is Sam and Jack get married the whole ceremony. Sam goes on a off world missions dies. Jack and Teal'c and the rest of the scooby gang spend the rest of the film hunting down her killers in a unauthorised op. With SGC following them. Plus chuck in a minor Go'uld, Lucian alliance, the space races aliens, some ori believer that have not yet been expose to the ark. And it could make a fun movie.

Teal'c is at his best when he is pissed.

Ripple in Space
December 7th, 2008, 05:18 PM
Carter maybe got more screen time because of a year on Atlantis, but I can't say it was quality time. So yeah, back to great instead of passable.:)

Oh definitely, even S8 where she was Team Leader wasn't all quality time. Personally, I think her character got hurt most of all when Rick reduced his time on screen. They used Vala to compensate for the loss of Jack's banter with Daniel, but Carter didn't have a c/o to banter with anymore (even Cam said that he wasn't above her).

If anyone gonna dye it will most likely be Sam, as Amanda Tapping got her own show that she is now staring and producing and so I doubt she has time to do many films.

I really don't think it's about need. RDA is coming out of retirement to do the movie, I'd be pretty surprised if he needed the money, he probably just wants to have some fun. I imagine the entire cast is pretty well off financially since, all six of them being family people, and not some crazy Hollywood partiers, I imagine they all have a strong 8-figures in the bank.

Career-wise Shanks & Judge are currently developing a show, like you said Tapping is starring in one, and Claudia Black turned down a co-starring role on a primetime NBC drama ("Life")--so I think they're all doing decently in that area too. It seems to me that doing the movies is more about them wanting to return to the characters and whether they have the time. From all the recent interviews I've heard, it sounds like RDA, Tapping, Judge & Shanks are all fully committed to them. Tapping literally said that she'll be in it, RDA is being billed as the star, Shanks has been happy enough with Daniel's direction that having him star in the Third Series was considered, and Chris Judge has been more committed to SG-1 than anyone, having appeared in more episodes than any other member of the cast.

humanityspotential
December 7th, 2008, 05:37 PM
If Cam get's shot in Movie #3, please let him remain in a coma until the end of the film.

No offense Cam fans, but to have him front and centre again after being thus in the previous two films would drive me nuttier than I already am. :p

the fifth man
December 9th, 2008, 07:22 PM
If Cam get's shot in Movie #3, please let him remain in a coma until the end of the film.

No offense Cam fans, but to have him front and centre again after being thus in the previous two films would drive me nuttier than I already am. :p

Well, at least that hopefully means you don't want them to actually kill him off.

Personally, I like Mitchell playing a central role.

SylvreWolfe
December 9th, 2008, 10:53 PM
Well, at least that hopefully means you don't want them to actually kill him off.

Personally, I like Mitchell playing a central role.

Having Mitchell as, OMG, a lead in a movie makes up for the slack hack writing they did for him in the series. The series revolved around Jack and Daniel, with a little Carter for spits. Then it wrapped around ol' Danny boy after RDA left.

I would also tend to disagree over who the *lead* was in the first movie, therefore he may have been the *lead* in the second movie. But, he was not the lead in the first movie.

Ripple in Space
December 10th, 2008, 02:48 AM
Having Mitchell as, OMG, a lead in a movie makes up for the slack hack writing they did for him in the series. The series revolved around Jack and Daniel, with a little Carter for spits. Then it wrapped around ol' Danny boy after RDA left.

I would also tend to disagree over who the *lead* was in the first movie, therefore he may have been the *lead* in the second movie. But, he was not the lead in the first movie.

I agree that he was much better in the DVDs than in the show. If they wrote him more like that in the show I think there would've been less opposition to him. I mean, Jonas was a replacement for a fanfav, but I liked him.

ShardsofGlass
December 10th, 2008, 06:50 AM
Mitchell was the lead in both movies because BB's name was first in the credits. It's as simple as that. Sometimes the writers didn't write him as the lead in the show, but the definitely wrote him as the lead in both movies. And personally, I liked it that way. :)

BPC
December 10th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Interesting question - I would probably start watching the show again if they got rid of Mitchell and Vala (well movies anyway, never saw AofT or Continuum because of those two characters and how bad they made the show). I thought they ruined the show/movies so without them I would be perfectly happy.

A_PophisandhisFran
December 10th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Even with Vala and Mitchell, two of my "not so favorite" characters, I would be pretty annoyed if they pulled an "Alien 3" and killed a handful of the characters off cheaply in the very beginning (apologies to anyone who hasn't seen Alien 3, although in my mind it hasn't happened...)

the fifth man
December 10th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Mitchell was the lead in both movies because BB's name was first in the credits. It's as simple as that. Sometimes the writers didn't write him as the lead in the show, but the definitely wrote him as the lead in both movies. And personally, I liked it that way. :)

So did I. Mitchell has really grown into the role well IMO.

Matkin21
December 22nd, 2008, 03:48 AM
Cam being shot would be a moment where i would shrug. Vala being killed is a moment where I call all my friends and have a party. Everybody else, especially chuck from SGA. He is awesome for reasons unknown.

Khentkawes
December 23rd, 2008, 12:53 AM
If Cam and Vala were killed off in the manner described in the OP, I would say that was pathetic writing and a cheap attempt to reset SG1 to season 7. I would also probably roll my eyes and walk away from SG1 (something I've never even considered before). Regardless of how anyone feels about Cam and Vala, the third movie cannot just pretend that seasons 8-10 plus AOT and Continuum never happened. Which is what worries me the most about BW's desire to put Jack in a staring role. I can't figure out how they will explain it without ignoring the past four years.

With that said... regarding character deaths in the third movie, I don't think it will happen. They might say that "so-and-so is off at Area 51/Atlantis/the Alpha Site/offworld mission/vacation in Hawaii," but they won't kill off their main characters. TPTB won't want to limit themselves that way, or anger any large sections of the fanbase.

the fifth man
December 26th, 2008, 08:38 PM
If Cam and Vala were killed off in the manner described in the OP, I would say that was pathetic writing and a cheap attempt to reset SG1 to season 7. I would also probably roll my eyes and walk away from SG1 (something I've never even considered before). Regardless of how anyone feels about Cam and Vala, the third movie cannot just pretend that seasons 8-10 plus AOT and Continuum never happened. Which is what worries me the most about BW's desire to put Jack in a staring role. I can't figure out how they will explain it without ignoring the past four years.

With that said... regarding character deaths in the third movie, I don't think it will happen. They might say that "so-and-so is off at Area 51/Atlantis/the Alpha Site/offworld mission/vacation in Hawaii," but they won't kill off their main characters. TPTB won't want to limit themselves that way, or anger any large sections of the fanbase.

That is what I think too. I don't see them killing off any of the main SG-1 team. I think they know better.

Iawen
December 26th, 2008, 10:07 PM
I seriously doubt that they would just kill Cam off to bring Jack to the forefront. That would be bad writing, and yes the SG writers have certainly made their mistakes *although we're all probably in disagreement over what those mistakes are, it's impossible to please everyone* I'd really like to believe that they're better writers with more respect for their characters and audience than that. As has been pointed out by other people in this thread, there are numerous ways that Jack could become the lead again, and I too would love to see some decent interaction between O'Neill and Mitchell. If BW doesn't plan to use BB that much anymore in future movies, that would make me really sad. I think that all the members of SG-1 deserve equal treatment in the movies. It is an ensemble, afterall.

SylvreWolfe
December 28th, 2008, 08:12 PM
It would be rather lazy writing to kill off Mitchell as an excuse to bring back O'Neill. Not that these guys aren't guilty of lazy writing, but it would also be stupid, lazy writing.

CaptJanson
December 28th, 2008, 08:42 PM
I'd probably watch the movie anyway, no matter who they killed. They killed my favorite character in Divide & Conquer - haven't really cared what happened to the rest since.

jelgate
December 29th, 2008, 07:29 AM
I hope not. I liked the :jack::sam::tealc::daniel: team as much as everyone else but that time as come to end. TPTB shouldn't be killing off Cam just to bring back the old team. You really have to go forward and try to develop the new characters if you want SG1 to continue

HirogenGater
December 29th, 2008, 08:13 AM
I seriously doubt any of the mian characters will be killed off (at least permanently) in the next movue becuase then they'd pretty much narrow their options for future movies.
I think Altalins' The Return proved Jack can still be a bit of an action man even for an old desk jockey, although I agree it would have to be exceptionally (and possibly contrived) circumstances to get him back out in the field again.
Nope, please don't kill off Cam or Vala or anyone else permanently.

Cags

Agreed, I actually like Cam and Vala. I wouldn't mind if Jack was the star, just don't kill off cast to do it.

Skadi
December 29th, 2008, 08:37 AM
I'd probably watch the movie anyway, no matter who they killed. They killed my favorite character in Divide & Conquer - haven't really cared what happened to the rest since.

I'm with you on this. Except for Sam, I don't care much for the rest of the people in Stargate. I have never really liked any but the Tok'ra characters, and Thor.

GeneralSelmak
December 29th, 2008, 10:30 AM
I sort of like Cam, better than Jack, at any rate. However, there isn't really any of the chars back that I like either - they're all dead as well, so who cares, really. I'll watch the movie if there's Goa'uld in it and it takes place in the Milky Way, no matter which SG-team is in it.

greytop
December 29th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Agreed, I actually like Cam and Vala. I wouldn't mind if Jack was the star, just don't kill off cast to do it.I happen to agree. Cam still could get shot and while waiting for help they could look back on a mission, (one we haven't seen) similiar to the one they are on, when Jack was head of SG-1.

Iawen
December 29th, 2008, 09:58 PM
There's no reason now to kill anyone off.

All the Tok'ra characters I actually did like (there weren't too many of them) died. My favorite character is Daniel--he's died a thousand times, so as long as they don't kill him PERMANENTLY.....

I really wouldn't like it if they permanently killed off any of the main SG-1 characters.

jenks
December 30th, 2008, 02:00 AM
I happen to agree. Cam still could get shot and while waiting for help they could look back on a mission, (one we haven't seen) similiar to the one they are on, when Jack was head of SG-1.

Have you seen Richard Dean Anderson lately?

silly sally
December 30th, 2008, 04:51 AM
If Cam gets Shot in Movie #3 I'd squee my head off for about 10 secs, but beyond that they'd have to do something incredible with the plot, not like the ****ty work they've done with AoT and Continuum. I want a movie, not a double episode!

the fifth man
December 30th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Have you seen Richard Dean Anderson lately?

Yeah, that would be pretty hard to pull off. Not a bad idea though.

Honestly, I think they should all be together off-world, and something cuts them off from the Gate. That would explain O'Neill being around with SG-1, and he could take charge of the mission to get out of their latest mess.

Major V1125
January 4th, 2009, 08:21 PM
interesting....hmm the one thing i didnt like about Cam was his farmer-like style of talking, but other than that hes good, no problems...XD

Gatz
January 5th, 2009, 12:20 PM
I'd loooooooooooove to see that happen, specially if it's during act1 with cameron accidentally shooting himself followed by a meaningless death and daniel immediately asking what's for dinner as it never happened, you know, Atlantis style.

I never liked how the tried to push cameron in where he didn't fit.

Major V1125
January 5th, 2009, 03:29 PM
I'd loooooooooooove to see that happen, specially if it's during act1 with cameron accidentally shooting himself followed by a meaningless death and daniel immediately asking what's for dinner as it never happened, you know, Atlantis style.

I never liked how the tried to push cameron in where he didn't fit.

LMAO! that'll be funny as hell! but then i'll be kinda sad tho....XD

Cameron's problem was that he just came in when the show only had 2 seasons left! if there was more time...then it would be story and such....