PDA

View Full Version : Possible movie idea?

unluckynumber11
November 24th, 2008, 10:08 AM
ok remember from the episode torment of tantalus and the data base that was kept there? why don't we go back? who knows what we might find there. and yes I know the stargate was buried but what about a little trip on the oddy?

nxcalibur
November 24th, 2008, 10:17 AM
Sorry, but this is not the first thread. At least I think so. And as for the castle where the database was located, it was possibly destroyed in the storm after SG-1 left.
Nevertheless the idea is interesting. Since everybody wants to know what the Furlings look like, there might have been a clue in that database.

unluckynumber11
November 24th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Sorry, but this is not the first thread. At least I think so. And as for the castle where the database was located, it was possibly destroyed in the storm after SG-1 left.
Nevertheless the idea is interesting. Since everybody wants to know what the Furlings look like, there might have been a clue in that database.

thank you for your honesty, it was my error. to tell you the truth i was half expecting someone to crush my idea with various arguments and make them selves look like they're better. thank you:)

Rise Of The Phoenix
November 24th, 2008, 11:01 AM
ok remember from the episode torment of tantalus and the data base that was kept there? why don't we go back? who knows what we might find there. and yes I know the stargate was buried but what about a little trip on the oddy?

It's certainly not a bad idea and just because Ernest said he didn't find anything else on the planet doesn't mean he explored the whole place by himself, I mean it was a planet, wasn't it and not just some dinky little moon?

Even with all of the highly advanced Asgard sensor technology we've now got I doubt we've explored all of the Earth and there's been no reference that I recall being mentioned of one of our ships making a fly by the ToT planet or checking it from orbit.

There should be at least some reference to that outpost in the Asgard knowledge base and perhaps info on a cache of technologies that the alliance developed together was hinted at so the Odyssey goes there and what they find leads to some huge adventure.
Perhaps this could be the key to finding Destiny rather than Daniel just appearing and saying he's found a nine symbol gate address in some random Ancient text to the Ancient's prized experiment of the time.
Perhaps Destiny was something the Asgard were trying to find.

My point is actually exploring the ToT world could lead to some major story.

I think unluckynumber11 deserves some green so here you go. :D

Merlin1701
November 24th, 2008, 12:30 PM
There is lots they can do in the MW, they just seem to be transfixed with moving things to another galaxy. I'd like to see them bring an atlantean warship back to the solar system and have it automatically de-activate a base and ship hanger on the moon similar to that seen on Taranis.

We should start the campagin to bring stargate home!

chewie2020
November 24th, 2008, 12:49 PM
"Perhaps this could be the key to finding Destiny rather than Daniel just appearing and saying he's found a nine symbol gate address in some random Ancient text to the Ancient's prized experiment of the time.
Perhaps Destiny was something the Asgard were trying to find."
this doesnt really have anything to do with the movie thread but i noticed in atlantis tht he got the address straight away, i could never figured out how he got the gate symbols - it wasn't on the tablet
anyone gt any ideas?

The_Belgian
November 24th, 2008, 12:52 PM
"Perhaps this could be the key to finding Destiny rather than Daniel just appearing and saying he's found a nine symbol gate address in some random Ancient text to the Ancient's prized experiment of the time.
Perhaps Destiny was something the Asgard were trying to find."
this doesnt really have anything to do with the movie thread but i noticed in atlantis tht he got the address straight away, i could never figured out how he got the gate symbols - it wasn't on the tablet
anyone gt any ideas?

I assumed it was in the encrypted date of the outpost's database
when it was encrypted they may have used the program to access the Atlantis database

chewie2020
November 24th, 2008, 12:59 PM
if ur on abt the the planet they went to to get the zpm, i dont think they did as no gate symbols were reveilled and if ur abt earth - it is a possablility but the only person tht i can think tht would be able to do it properly and efficiently would be sheppard. but tht was after daniel mntioned the location and other members of the expedition had to strain somewhat just to get the chair going.
but i like ur idea

although the writers arent consistant and get things right all the time - just look at the gates with all chevrons lit up in some episodes and the fact of going to another galaxy which would have different gate symbols to the mw gate

spinny magee
November 24th, 2008, 08:17 PM
Nope we all know Furlings are little fuzzballs what else is there to it?

hotz69
November 24th, 2008, 09:30 PM
I thought the Furling storyline was wrapped up in Paradise Lost? Didnt the Goa'uld send that plant there to kill them all?

Rise Of The Phoenix
November 27th, 2008, 10:46 AM
I don't recall if it was said their entire race who traveled to that planet or just a few of them hotz69.

Merlin1701
November 27th, 2008, 12:10 PM
From my understanding of 'Paradise Lost' The Furlings created this paradise hidden from the Go'auld and sent keys to different worlds. The Furlings were not there they just created it. So in my opinion and the prayers of nearly every fan; we have not seen the Furling race dead or alive yet…but we hope to soon, alive that is!

Col.Ads
December 3rd, 2008, 01:10 AM
I think its a good idea but could you flush a movie out of it?