Mckay's global warming...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mckay's global warming...

Mckay: "One person is not going to end Global Warming we all have to do our part"

To me that line sounded kind of funny
    I mean i'm sure it was made of us the viewers, so we can start to do our part on the global warming issue, but i would expected Mckay to say something like "Yea i can solve global warming, but I have better things to do right now..."

Anyways i just want to see ur point of view on this

Originally posted by rick_coppola View Post
    Mckay: "One person is not going to end Global Warming we all have to do our part"

I mean i'm sure it was made of us the viewers, so we can start to do our part on the global warming issue, but i would expected Mckay to say something like "Yea i can solve global warming, but I have better things to do right now..."

I think he was just trying to show his lovely new Misses he was being humble.

Comment

It's all part of NBC-Universal's "green week."

Comment

Yes, it was part of the Green week. But I also think that, with how Rodney has grown, he is beginning to see that somethings are beyond what he can do by himself. My opinion of course. *smiles*
        sigpic

Comment

If global warming is everyone (or nearly so)'s fault, then everyone is going to have to change their behavior to correct it. Rodney realized that.

Comment

Well, i realize this isn't popular but the fact is that global warming is a total joke. I'm not gonna go into it now, but do your research instead of getting your science from a joker like Al Gore. I find it extremely embarrassing that Atlantis is evan devoting time to it.
            Moving on...
            If global warming were real, McKay would find a way to fix it ALONE. He's just that great and there are two reasons he said that.
            1. Because of this stupid romance with the (no offense to staite) idiot doctor that the writers have conjured up.
            2. Cause they're trying to be all "Let's save the world. Together!"
            Disgrace, Embarrassing, Full of Cheese.
            No wander they're getting rid of SGA.
            Oh, and stop ruining the greatest character in StarGate EVER. Dr. Rodney McKay.
            TwiceBorn

Comment

the romance between McKay and Keller works. It's scifi type romance. It's not a sloppy, love triangle, drama filled romance. It's a romance you'd find in epic fantasy. It's been established that if Keller died... McKay would do anything to bring her back. The type of romance where they would worship the land each other walks on.

Very idealized, soulmate type romance where if something were to happen to one of them... the other character would go NUTS! Like go Darth Vader or go from nerdy to cutthroat nigh-evil or do something totally obsessive and insane 'cause you lost your will to live.

This type of romance works in scifi, anime, video games, and fantasy because its out of the ordinary. It's idealized romance to the point of being ridiculous. And that is what scifi and fantasy are all about.
              Last edited by tar21; 25 November 2008, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TwiceBorn View Post
                Well, i realize this isn't popular but the fact is that global warming is a total joke. I'm not gonna go into it now, but do your research instead of getting your science from a joker like Al Gore. I find it extremely embarrassing that Atlantis is evan devoting time to it.
                Moving on...
                If global warming were real, McKay would find a way to fix it ALONE. He's just that great and there are two reasons he said that.
                1. Because of this stupid romance with the (no offense to staite) idiot doctor that the writers have conjured up.
                2. Cause they're trying to be all "Let's save the world. Together!"
                Disgrace, Embarrassing, Full of Cheese.
                No wander they're getting rid of SGA.
                Oh, and stop ruining the greatest character in StarGate EVER. Dr. Rodney McKay.
                While i'll agree with you that Global Warming is a total Joke, made to mislead people from the real problem, i'll disagree with you about Mckay and Keller.They looked good together from the episode where Keller went to him to ask for help, to save Elizabeth.
                If anything, Mckay's character was great in this episode.He was still sarcastic, funny, straight and true as always.
                Spoiler:
                APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                (YEAR 0 - 100)
                "O thou Sun,
                send me as far over the earth
                as is my pleasure and thine,
                and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                but never hear anything of bad ones,
                nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tar21 View Post
                  the romance between McKay and Keller works. It's scifi type romance. It's not a sloppy, love triangle, drama filled romance. It's a romance you'd find in epic fantasy. It's been established that if Keller died... McKay would do anything to bring her back.
                  AU relationship between completely different people. They'd gone through much, much more in that AU, both with each other and on their own. They'd all lost so many and were driven together by and bonded over grief.

Did not happen in our relationship. The butterfly effect, you know. It hasn't been established at all. It's just another AU-BS-thing.

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
                  If anything, Mckay's character was great in this episode.He was still sarcastic, funny, straight and true as always.
                  Or not. Apparently, Jennifer has loved him for a very long time... however, she wants to change him in several ways. And he's trying to change to be accommodating to her.

Sounds like true love to me!

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post

Sounds like true love to me!
                    exactly
                    Spoiler:
                    APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                    (YEAR 0 - 100)
                    "O thou Sun,
                    send me as far over the earth
                    as is my pleasure and thine,
                    and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                    but never hear anything of bad ones,
                    nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rick_coppola View Post

Yeah, that was kind of like a subliminal message or something like that.

Vala,

Comment

Working...
                      X