This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Puddle Jumper

Iv read a lot on the new ship called the 'Puddle Jumper', yet I wonder what it looks like, will it be like the Needle-Threader in 'Into the Fire', as I didn’t think that was cool, and it could only carry 2 people, and it needed great skill to fly it. I hope that it will look better, and less Goa'uld, and more ancient.
    Any1 got any ideas???
    Live Life Large !!!

in the "Rising" preview gallery you can see severl shots of them standing at the back of what i beileve is the puddle jumper

Comment

yeah i saw them, it was only the back though 'http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/graphics/101_40.shtml' thats the link to a pic of the back
      Live Life Large !!!

Comment

As far as I know, that's the only image we have as of now, and we have no confirmation that that is it... just heavy speculation which is likely to be correct.
        Sheppard and Mitchell: and you were worried they were going to be O'Neill clones?

Two of my favorite shows are about Jonathan Sheppard, assuming Jack is always short for Jonathan. Weird, huh? (Lost and Atlantis)

Comment

Since the stargates aren't really THAT big, it'll have to be pretty long, if it is to fit several people, right?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lozza
            yeah i saw them, it was only the back though 'http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/graphics/101_40.shtml' thats the link to a pic of the back
            That has to be one of the ships, and very likely the puddle jumper. Since they somehow find out ships are used to travel the stargate system in the Pegasus galaxy and the Wraith also use ships, its safe to assume they find more than one ship in atlantis. however, the pilot prefers the one he names the Puddle Jumper.

Ohh, and if you take a close look at the pictures of the ship its very circular so it loooks like a perfect fit into the stargate.

Comment

Well Atlantis is supposed to be starship heavy. It would be interesting to see some space battles between Wraith vessels and human piloted Ancient ones.
              Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
              Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
              Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
              Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
              Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
              Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
              Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Aren't the ancient ships like, 3 million years old (Age of the woman from Frozen)? I mean, supposedly she went into stasis at the same time Atlantis rose from Antarctica.

It just makes me wonder if they have 'Service Engine Soon' Lights.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                  Aren't the ancient ships like, 3 million years old (Age of the woman from Frozen)? I mean, supposedly she went into stasis at the same time Atlantis rose from Antarctica.

It just makes me wonder if they have 'Service Engine Soon' Lights.
                  well ancient technology seems built to last, i mean looka the stargates, they are even older and they work fine

Comment

Originally posted by SGSlugger
                    Well Atlantis is supposed to be starship heavy. It would be interesting to see some space battles between Wraith vessels and human piloted Ancient ones.
                    Who ever said that?

Comment

I believe it was said that ship travel by stargate is common in this galaxy, and the wraith have a gate in orbit of their homeworld.....somewhere on gateworld, i think.
                      sigpic

Comment

well that would solve the problems of having ships used instead of stargate. in the STARGATE universe.

Comment

Spoilers.
                          Did anyone else the see Conan O'Brian Clip of the guy they sent to the set... they showed the front and rear of the puddle jumper and even the inside pilot control seats. Looks like on the control dashboard is a mini DHD. The front of the ship is not very pretty - its copper colored and looks like a shoebox except with curved edge to fit thru the gate. It looks less advanced then Gould ships

Comment

It looks like the puddle jumper will be able to cloak like the Goa'uld cargo ship.

Chevron Nine - A Stargate Atlantis Fan Site

Check out Chevron Nine's exclusive new interview with Stargate Atlantis director David Winning

Comment

Originally posted by tfalls1
                              Did anyone else the see Conan O'Brian Clip of the guy they sent to the set... they showed the front and rear of the puddle jumper and even the inside pilot control seats. Looks like on the control dashboard is a mini DHD. The front of the ship is not very pretty - its copper colored and looks like a shoebox except with curved edge to fit thru the gate. It looks less advanced then Gould ships
                              Do you know where I can find this clip?

Comment

Working...
                              X