Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are they gonna let it go with that opening sequence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are they gonna let it go with that opening sequence?

For the past few episodes, they've been doing another one of those opening sequences, where they only show the producers' credits, a trip through the wormhole, and a view of Atlantis. Do they really want to let Atlantis go with that? They should at least give it the dignity of going out with an awesome opening sequence.

Actually that is the choice of the Sci-Fi channel. They believe that people lose interest during the opening titles (of any show) and they change channels. So if you cut that then you can reduce time in between the ending of the teaser and Act I. So all you have to really sit through is the commericals, instead of that and the main opening sequence.

Comment

It tells you a lot about the strength of a show that puts off its audience because of a one minute long traditional opening.

Usually, I only start to zap the intro of a show I really like after the fifth episode in a marathon, and it's a hard decision.
      The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

People in suits dont know jack about half the decisions they make.. I would say that the only reason people in companies THINK that people dont watch a short opening sequence is because some other shows started doing it.. made it trendy and thats why.. a
        any other reason they give is just BS
        sigpic
        I love the big hairy fuzzy men on TV, mmmm
        "I'll Be Your Freyr Elrad, Wait For Me!!!
        Me On YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/airricksreloaded

Comment

the thing is though, it isn't the long openings that can put me off a show, it's unnecessarily long advert breaks, which we all know they won't shorten because it's less money. To me the shorter opener means they can squeeze in an extra ad

Comment

Originally posted by rsanchez View Post
            For the past few episodes, they've been doing another one of those opening sequences, where they only show the producers' credits, a trip through the wormhole, and a view of Atlantis. Do they really want to let Atlantis go with that? They should at least give it the dignity of going out with an awesome opening sequence.
            The short sequence is better.

Comment

The 10 second sequence is just horrible. It butchers the theme song for one thing. If it results in an extra minute of content they can squeeze in then awesome but otherwise...

I like the epic feel of the cast fast superimposed on the action shots.
              sigpic
              Banner By JME2

Comment

While the shorter opening credits don't bother me.... i hope they bring back the full length version for at least the finale....

'You gotta admit, Vampires are just plain cool'

Comment

Originally posted by rsanchez View Post
                  SciFi Channel cut the longer opening sequence once they had cancelled the series. This way, they can sell that 50 seconds of air time for commercials and make more money for the last ten weeks the series is on the air.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                  SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                  Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I wish they hadn't taken out the longer sequence. I enjoy it very much and it's sad that it's not there anymore. If they think that faster is better, then they are wrong in my own personal opinion. To each their own of course. *nod nod*
                    sigpic

Comment

Well, let's put it this way, the guys at SciFi think they can just throw anything at us and we'll just accept it like hound dogs. Let's face it, those guys don't give a crap on what we think. They just want to milk out as much ad revenue as possible.

Comment

It's just a sci-fi thing so they can squeeze in more adverts. In syndication, the entire opening sequence is shown. On TV6 in Sweden, for example, which is currently airing season 5, every single episode features the full opening.

Comment

They just brought back that horrible beginning because the show was cancelled and they figured nobody would bother to complain like before when the show was still being produced.

They took advantage of a bad time, nothing more.

And yes, it's a shame that the show will most likely air with that cheap beginning. And I REALLY hate having the actors and actresses names over the beginning 2-5 minutes. I don't mind the writers credits over the episode but the actors names is meant for the title sequence.

Vala,

Comment

as jm has stated previously, they did that to keep pple's attention. Well it is pointless because comericals are right after it but any way, i think the last ep will have the full thing. Sci-fi will just say screw it here take it

sigpic
                            Sig made by squirrely1
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ
                            *PM me if you clicked on that link*

Comment

To me it makes sense why they got rid of it, NO ONE REALLY CARES, they should just take that time a put in anther commercial, like they have been doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X