PDA

View Full Version : A growing fear..

Shpinxinator
November 23rd, 2008, 12:40 PM
I have to admit the more I read the more Universe feels like a live action "Stargate: Infinity"

razzel_daxxel
November 23rd, 2008, 01:28 PM
Now now, This can't be as sucky as SG:I!!!! :P

Im not sure how i feel about this show really, i think i will just have to wait untill the show starts, we should just feel lucky that they have created a new series, they could have just cancelled Atlantis and continued with the movies and game!

All we can do is wait.........then once we have seen to 1st ep.......flame it :D :P

gange57
November 23rd, 2008, 01:31 PM
Nah, SGU will at least the get sound effects correct. Brad Wright and Co. should know that the activation of each chevron sounds nothing like a zat gun...hopefully.

Shpinxinator
November 23rd, 2008, 01:34 PM
....In a rather bizarre scene from the audition sides for Chloe Carpenter, Chloe and Eli Hitchcock use the long range communications devices to inhabit people’s bodies on Earth and infiltrate a bar where Chloe, in the body of someone else, finds out what her “friends” really think of her. Chloe finds out that these people associated with her only because she is the daughter of a US Senator. Eli tries to comfort her, saying that the only person who really cares for what happens to him is his mother. They are both scared being trapped on the ship, but can’t deny the excitement of it all. They also realize that using the communications devices to live out their lives is not right and in Eli’s words, “screwed up”.

....sounds like SG:I to me...

SGFerrit
November 23rd, 2008, 01:45 PM
....In a rather bizarre scene from the audition sides for Chloe Carpenter, Chloe and Eli Hitchcock use the long range communications devices to inhabit people’s bodies on Earth and infiltrate a bar where Chloe, in the body of someone else, finds out what her “friends” really think of her. Chloe finds out that these people associated with her only because she is the daughter of a US Senator. Eli tries to comfort her, saying that the only person who really cares for what happens to him is his mother. They are both scared being trapped on the ship, but can’t deny the excitement of it all. They also realize that using the communications devices to live out their lives is not right and in Eli’s words, “screwed up”.

I actually like the sound of that. I mean, what? You want her to STAY a spoiled brat who thinks everybody loves her?

Raeth
November 23rd, 2008, 01:51 PM
I actually like the sound of that. I mean, what? You want her to STAY a spoiled brat who thinks everybody loves her?

Yeah, only it doesn't really sound like a Stargate-type plot line to me. Sounds more like some angsty Teen drama mixed with a little Sci-Fi.

Arwis
November 23rd, 2008, 02:09 PM

Sg1 sucked? If so than Atlantis was total ZERO.

Raeth
November 23rd, 2008, 02:25 PM
Sg1 sucked? If so than Atlantis was total ZERO.

No, SG:I is Stargate: Infinity. It was an uncanon cartoon series that was, in my opinion, rather stupid.

SGAFan
November 23rd, 2008, 03:26 PM

You're kidding right? Please tell me this is just a joke....

Edit: I just found that elsewhere... not a joke.... to quote Jack: "For Cryin out loud!"

What's up with that drivel? Urk...

Chloe: "OMG! I'm not popular! My life is, like, over!"

Bah! *throws hands in air and walks away*

TeacherGal
November 23rd, 2008, 04:15 PM

Edit: I just found that elsewhere... not a joke.... to quote Jack: "For Cryin out loud!"

Not a joke. The more I hear about this show, the more I'm convinced it's going to SUCK!!!!

I'm beginning to wonder if I"m even going to make it through the pilot episode. Might need some heavy duty medicine to stomach it.

rsanchez
November 23rd, 2008, 04:24 PM
Oh noes! What is she going to do when she finds out the Wraith only liked her for what's inside, but not in that way?

Every day, she would sneak off the Destiny, hoping beyond hope that this Wraith would finally make her feel like a woman. She defiantly sought this Wraith, despite everyone's protest that their social circles are never meant to meet. She constantly lived in fear that one of his human followers would take him, and in a blind fury of passion, she poured hundreds of P-90 rounds into the tramp! She proclaimed her undying love to the Wraith, declaring that he would only have her, and no one more. Alas, fate is never content in seeing her happy. To her horror, she witnessed the Wraith sucking the last breaths of life from her dying body, and realized exactly what the Wraith meant when he said he was attracted to her inner strength. He smiled a fiendish smile and said he always wanted to be with two women. She tried firing her P-90 once more, but she was in conflict! She can't kill the Wraith she's been in love with, despite knowing his one goal was to get in her shirt! Little did she know, far away, on the Destiny, the team was already planning her rescue...

*Cue opening music*

McgillionFan
November 23rd, 2008, 04:37 PM

Is that Spoiler real ? That she actully says that :confused:

If so...it's like ,sweet 16 meets stargate lol. :p

kymeric
November 23rd, 2008, 04:52 PM
Still amazed that ppl watched a KIDS SHOW then *****ed about it. It was aimed for kids XD Its like Transformers fans who complain about the new crappy japanimation ones, its like ... uhm why r u watching childrens shows o.O

Infinity was good for a kids show, i bought it.

jenks
November 23rd, 2008, 05:00 PM
That's the thing though, it wasn't good even for a kids show.

Boon
November 23rd, 2008, 06:59 PM
Infinity was good for a kids show, i bought it.

Should have bought Avatar (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0417299/)instead...

Col.Foley
November 23rd, 2008, 07:13 PM
The more I hear about the show the more intrigued and more looking forward to it, I am getting. Minus that whole chloe thing....now that is odd.
But it is seeming like people, at leas in this thread, are forgettting that is only ONE episode, out of how many...twenty. And even then, SGU could be a character piece like no other. And that episode will serve her specific general plot of growing up. Not everyone can be super amazing and cool from the first moment of the show to the last. So...in essense...hers might be a character that has a lot of room for some real quality growth throughout the entire show
Tom Paris anyone?

SGAFan
November 23rd, 2008, 11:08 PM
I suppose my attitude is from the combined effort of just about everything we've seen so far about SGU. ;)

Kratine
November 23rd, 2008, 11:18 PM
OMG that spoiler made me sad i think I'm gonna have a cry about what constitutes as good entertainment they expect the Stargate fan community to swallow this drivel FFS

spinny magee
November 24th, 2008, 12:03 AM

Im not sure how i feel about this show really, i think i will just have to wait untill the show starts, we should just feel lucky that they have created a new series, they could have just cancelled Atlantis and continued with the movies and game!

All we can do is wait.........then once we have seen to 1st ep.......flame it :D :P

DUDE Sg1 was awesome don't diss it man who do you think you are sonny?

naamiaiset
November 24th, 2008, 12:24 AM
DUDE Sg1 was awesome don't diss it man who do you think you are sonny?
razzel said SG-I, not SG-1. :p

zack779
November 24th, 2008, 12:40 AM
Given how exceptional SG1 has been (even through adding great new cast members, something nearly impossible to do well in any long established series - and done, in my opinion, pretty flawlessly), and then, how successful SGA has been (even without the great level of cameraderie that SG1 has), it's hard to understand why there's not more confidence in the producers, writers, creators of SGU.Why all this doom and gloom floating about. It's almost as though some seem to have prejudged it before the pilot or first episode has even been made or even fully written or whatever.
I don't know about any of the dialogue mentioned above, whether that's genuine or not, but ... give it some space at least (no pun) and see what it's like before deciding its terrible or great.

captain simms
November 24th, 2008, 02:21 AM
The more I hear about the show the more intrigued and more looking forward to it, I am getting. Minus that whole chloe thing....now that is odd.
But it is seeming like people, at leas in this thread, are forgettting that is only ONE episode, out of how many...twenty. And even then, SGU could be a character piece like no other. And that episode will serve her specific general plot of growing up. Not everyone can be super amazing and cool from the first moment of the show to the last. So...in essense...hers might be a character that has a lot of room for some real quality growth throughout the entire show
Tom Paris anyone?

true i mean look at woolsey lol he was just rubbish at first then became an alryt character, im quite looking forward to universe except till i find out if its going to be like BSG :(

Anon
November 24th, 2008, 02:37 AM
i personally love sgu, and i am so pumped. I was one of 5 to go see the set, well in progress, and it was fantastic!

rsanchez
November 24th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Tom Paris anyone?
I sort of see where you're coming from. Imagine if Brain Storm and Keller had been in season 1 of SGA and it was the spoiler of Keller that we got before the series started. We would all have been hating on the series and the character. Now some of us do that now, but anyway...

In SGA, Keller was just a supporting character, not there always and not vital. But Chloe is a main character, part of the team. If she has teenage emotional problems like that, it does not bode well for the character, which does not bode well for the series as a whole.

Shpinxinator
November 24th, 2008, 11:49 AM
I sort of see where you're coming from. Imagine if Brain Storm and Keller had been in season 1 of SGA and it was the spoiler of Keller that we got before the series started. We would all have been hating on the series and the character. Now some of us do that now, but anyway...

In SGA, Keller was just a supporting character, not there always and not vital. But Chloe is a main character, part of the team. If she has teenage emotional problems like that, it does not bode well for the character, which does not bode well for the series as a whole.

Which begs the question...what in the blazes is a teenager(s) doing on the Destiny? Granted they may not have planned to get stuck on the ship but if it's a discovery this important why would the SGC send a senator's daughter and a few fresh from the academy airmen?

jenks
November 24th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Which begs the question...what in the blazes is a teenager(s) doing on the Destiny? Granted they may not have planned to get stuck on the ship but if it's a discovery this important why would the SGC send a senator's daughter and a few fresh from the academy airmen?

None of them are teenagers.

Jasond22303
November 24th, 2008, 01:34 PM

The only thing that comes even close to possibly making sense is that possilby they send a group off world. For some reason (possibly diplomatic) they send a senator along and he brings his daughter. I could see the IOA wanting to expose the Stargate program a bit more and set this off world mission up with people you wouldnt likely expect to go off world. On this planet something happens and a few of them get sent to the Destiny. Finding the Destiny, Getting sent there, and everything is on accident. Even that sounds pretty bad and doesnt really make much sense but closet thing I can think of that would get a Senators daughter there.

Shpinxinator
November 24th, 2008, 09:08 PM
IOA? OH! you mean the bad idea factory that can never be happy with the people they put in charge? that IOA?

ciannwn
November 25th, 2008, 01:04 PM
....In a rather bizarre scene from the audition sides for Chloe Carpenter, Chloe and Eli Hitchcock use the long range communications devices to inhabit people’s bodies on Earth and infiltrate a bar where Chloe, in the body of someone else, finds out what her “friends” really think of her. Chloe finds out that these people associated with her only because she is the daughter of a US Senator.

Yawn. Why can't they take a different approach for a change.? For example -

Chloe has always wondered if her friends really like her or just associate with her because she's a Senator's daughter. She finds out that they genuinely like her for herself.

Merlin1701
November 25th, 2008, 02:10 PM
I dont like the idea of SG: BSG; reading this spoiler if true...the shock i now feel as to why some writer would make such a tragic mistake!

renaming SG: BSG to either SG: SATC or SG: OC???!!!!

votes on a postcard to:-
The writer who deemed a stargate show should become the next best teen drama around the world, the new OC of the space age, should now be considering living in a cardboard PO BOX.

Kanetsidohi
November 25th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Given how exceptional SG1 has been (even through adding great new cast members, something nearly impossible to do well in any long established series - and done, in my opinion, pretty flawlessly), and then, how successful SGA has been (even without the great level of cameraderie that SG1 has), it's hard to understand why there's not more confidence in the producers, writers, creators of SGU.Why all this doom and gloom floating about. It's almost as though some seem to have prejudged it before the pilot or first episode has even been made or even fully written or whatever.
I don't know about any of the dialogue mentioned above, whether that's genuine or not, but ... give it some space at least (no pun) and see what it's like before deciding its terrible or great.

Personally, the only thing I have against SGU at first, it was that I was worried about TPTB of the show after the first season. Yes SG1, and SGA were great for me on their first seasons but, the last seasons of both show (SG1 9/10, and SGA 4) were really bad.

Since the same TPTB is already part of SGU, I don't think there is reason for me to feel confident about it. On the other hand, it's better to know now, and avoid committing myself to a new show.

Col.Foley
November 25th, 2008, 08:38 PM
true i mean look at woolsey lol he was just rubbish at first then became an alryt character, im quite looking forward to universe except till i find out if its going to be like BSG :(
That is my fear as well.

I do not agree about the Keller bits...but you do bring up a good point nontheless.

First of all, none of the characters...to my memory....are fresh from the accademy...the only dubious one is the daughter.
Second of all...it worked for Hailey didn't it?

Shpinxinator
November 26th, 2008, 12:56 AM
First of all, none of the characters...to my memory....are fresh from the accademy...the only dubious one is the daughter.
Second of all...it worked for Hailey didn't it?

Lt. Jared Nash
20-25. Junior S.G.C. team member. Officer material but green and rough around the edges. Every teenage girl's fantasy. Like a college quarterback thrown into his first pro game, he is thrust into the role of leader well before he's ready for the responsibility and must learn to take command, earn respect through action, and manage the diverse personalities on the ship to keep everyone alive. Like Jason Bourne, he is skilled and well-trained however he is mentally unprepared for the urgency of the situation. SERIES REGULAR;

jenks
November 26th, 2008, 01:00 AM
Nothing in that suggests he's 'fresh from the academy'.

Col.Ads
November 26th, 2008, 01:08 AM
Not fresh but few years out of the academy maybe

Atlanis
November 26th, 2008, 02:32 AM
Well I'm going to say; I'll wait till SGU's been on tv for a few eps and we all know that if Brad Wright's leading something then it's going to be good

Shpinxinator
November 26th, 2008, 02:38 AM
Well I'm going to say; I'll wait till SGU's been on tv for a few eps and we all know that if Brad Wright's leading something then it's going to be good

I'll say I agree with you....although while waiting for this show I'll probably be sleep with one eye open

Quadhelix
November 26th, 2008, 05:16 AM
Yawn. Why can't they take a different approach for a change.? For example -

Chloe has always wondered if her friends really like her or just associate with her because she's a Senator's daughter. She finds out that they genuinely like her for herself.

'Cause then that would have the opposite effect on her personality:

If they liked her for her, then all is right with the world and she can continue with the status-quo. However, if she was prissy, self-righteous, etc., and then learned that most of her "friends" were just brown-nosing because of her father, then she might actually have to grow up and take it like a "man."

Anon
November 26th, 2008, 06:10 AM
lets get back on topic. <mod snip>

Replicator Fifth
November 26th, 2008, 06:49 AM
I have to admit the more I read the more Universe feels like a live action "Stargate: Infinity"
*twitch*
Oh, GOD NO!

Replicator Fifth
November 26th, 2008, 06:51 AM

Thats all that will keeps this fan watching.:mckay:

ciannwn
November 26th, 2008, 07:37 AM
'Cause then that would have the opposite effect on her personality:

If they liked her for her, then all is right with the world and she can continue with the status-quo. However, if she was prissy, self-righteous, etc., and then learned that most of her "friends" were just brown-nosing because of her father, then she might actually have to grow up and take it like a "man."

Why do they have to make her a copy of Cordelia Chase as she was in 'Buffy', though? A stunning and sexy senator's daughter could still be a genuinely nice person with doubts because there's no law that says she can't be if the writers wanted to make her like that.

I thought Cordelia was fun in 'Buffy' and I liked the way she grew and matured in 'Angel'. This doesn't mean that I want to watch the same thing again in SGU.