This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New SGU Audition Sides Reveal Characters, Technology

Auditioning for the cast of the new Stargate television series Stargate Universe is still ongoing as additional information for three of the regular characters has just recently become available.

The following contains possible spoilers, but it must be noted that the information is coming from audition sides and not necessarily from an actual script. As with the audition sides put together for Tamara Johanson [or Jon], Eli Hitchcock, and Jared Nash, these audition sides might simply be to obtain a feel for the actors’ ranges, rather than reflect actual story points.

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=2145

I don't really know what to make of that, if done right it could be great, on the other hand it could be plain awful...

Comment

That made for an interesting read .However....
      Spoiler:
      Is Dr Rush going to be another Kavanagh ,or SGU's version of McKay ? I can see lots of crossovers happening via those devices too.Not sure I like that,but it might turn out ok.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Spoiler TV says that these sides are just made up of previous scripts.

Comment

Very interesting, idk but I think i'll like it.

Comment

Originally posted by crowmagnumman View Post
            Spoiler TV says that these sides are just made up of previous scripts.
            So you have a link?? they could be refering to the original sides for Tamara Johanson, Eli Hitchcock, and Jared Nash which were from previous Stargate scripts and have been somewhat modified for the auditions. The article above dosent state anything silmilar in reagards to these sides, but just mentions that it dose not reflect actual story points, but just gives a feel for the characters.

Comment

Spoiler:
              In a rather bizarre scene from the audition sides for Chloe Carpenter, Chloe and Eli Hitchcock use the long range communications devices to inhabit people’s bodies on Earth and infiltrate a bar where Chloe, in the body of someone else, finds out what her “friends” really think of her. Chloe finds out that these people associated with her only because she is the daughter of a US Senator. Eli tries to comfort her, saying that the only person who really cares for what happens to him is his mother. They are both scared being trapped on the ship, but can’t deny the excitement of it all. They also realize that using the communications devices to live out their lives is not right and in Eli’s words, “screwed up”.

I...I don't...even have the words to my emotions created by reading this...the best I can come up with is (valley girl voice) Ohhh my gawd! Like Sooooo totally secret life of a SGC teenager!
              Last edited by Shpinxinator; 23 November 2008, 01:08 PM.
              "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Two words: teen show.
                sigpic

Comment

Settle down. It's early days yet, and these are only illustrative pieces of dialogue and situation. wait until the show is here before lynching it...

Comment

"Stargate: Universe" = "Stargate: Dawson's Creek"

Hahaha... We are not going the 90210 direction, we are going the "Dawson's Creek" direction. Hahaha....

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
                      Two words: teen show.
                      Two more: prove it.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                        So you have a link?? they could be refering to the original sides for Tamara Johanson, Eli Hitchcock, and Jared Nash which were from previous Stargate scripts and have been somewhat modified for the auditions. The article above dosent state anything silmilar in reagards to these sides, but just mentions that it dose not reflect actual story points, but just gives a feel for the characters.
                        Here's the link from Spoiler TV:

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2008/0...t-snippet.html

As there haven't been any NEW sides posted since Nov. 30, I would suspect the article at Solutions is merely their earlier article revised.
                        Last edited by morjana; 24 November 2008, 02:07 AM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

If it's done right, it could be awesome. But there's a lot of potential to mess this up.

Gate Rider AKA Abnormal on the Sanctuary fan forums.
                          Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

not ENTIRELY what i anticipated, but hey. i thought a holographical system would be best. though this is cool too

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                              Here's the link from Spoiler TV:

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2008/0...t-snippet.html

As there haven't been any NEW sides posted since Nov. 30, I would suspect the article at Solutions is merely their earlier article revised.
                              These are three sides that were not covered before and are basically "new". This article is not a revision of an earlier article. The earlier article was linked to in this new article to show the history of the audition process.

I am the author of the Solutions article.

Comment

Working...
                              X